2011.06.28. HLN-PN-NG-JVM- 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG

Closing with video of GA testimony today..........

The end.

Reasonable doubt will be down to the Jurors sorting this out ... Has the DT confusion caused reasonable doubt in the SA case or the DT theory? The SA have offered clarity, to the point ... The DT have offered confusion but it is mainly within their own presentation.

So what if he wanted to collect money? If he found her he should be the one to collect it. Is it now a crime to collect reward money? He also would have gotten the money in August or December so why not collect it sooner? And the jump from wanting the money to being morally bankrupt to stealing the body and hiding it for months is a stretch I can't imagine anyone would make. The jury has to be smarter than that.

I mainly watch NG for comic relief. But I have to say, whoever puts together those video mixes she uses on her show is brilliant.

I hear there is bashing going on here! please remember the rules of TOS.. GrandmaJ has already given a warning once. bash and name call again at your own peril. thanks.

It warms my cold cold heart that there are others that can't stand NG. :) I still watch on occasion but yeesh. Always hated "tot mom". Everyone night is a "bombshell!" Whenever she says "lets unleash the lawyers!" I get this mental image of them all crowded in a livestock pen.

She's interviewing the psychic again. This lady really seems to enjoy interviews. Was she on NG last night?

You've really got to start watching her on GMA in the mornings. Dan Abrams and George Stephanopolis really get the best of her and outright LOL. It's must-see tv! :)

Roy Kronk supposedly again tomorrow and my guess is the other 3 would be George, Cindy, and Lee. Again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Evidently the strategy has shifted and the goal is now to BORE the jury to death, rendering them unable to reach a verdict.

DH cannot stand NG lol I get "the look" every time she comes on. But, here is the scary thing...he told me tonight that he is worried about how I will react when the verdict comes because there is too much reasonable doubt!!! He says that when you try to add it all up, nothing makes any sense. He thinks that the entire family is in on it with all their lies and covering things up, which will surely end up in ICA walking. He is now concerned over how I will react so he is trying to prepare me. He says he thinks she did it, but he would have to vote not guilty. UGH. I think I will just be sick now.

DH cannot stand NG lol I get "the look" every time she comes on. But, here is the scary thing...he told me tonight that he is worried about how I will react when the verdict comes because there is too much reasonable doubt!!! He says that when you try to add it all up, nothing makes any sense. He thinks that the entire family is in on it with all their lies and covering things up, which will surely end up in ICA walking. He is now concerned over how I will react so he is trying to prepare me. He says he thinks she did it, but he would have to vote not guilty. UGH. I think I will just be sick now.

Your DH has the same reaction that viewers might have from watching some of it on TV and the news. But I don't think the jury is going to react that same way. Sure, this is a crazy dysfunctional family. But most families are. And yet very rarely do any of them duct tape a toddler's face and dump them like trash in the woods. So, george might have had an affair, and Lee is an emotional wreck and seems creepy at times. But I don't think any of it rises to the level of suspicion that they already have for Casey. imoo

Maybe but I doubt it. imoo

JVM= "THEY NEVER asked Kronk about the accusations they made against him. why?"

Better to plant the seed in the opening statement, like they did, and then just hand them all the little pieces and let them figure out where they go. When the jury looks at the Anthony's testimony's, the bumbling PI's that Lee and Horner said CA hired to go to the scene on Suburban Dr., The pathetic investigation of that scene prior to Roy Kronk's miraculous discovery by OCSO, contaminated and lost evidence... there is a pretty big hole in the States 100% airtight story. And that's before GA's affair gets outed tomorrow. JMOO

Your DH has the same reaction that viewers might have from watching some of it on TV and the news. But I don't think the jury is going to react that same way. Sure, this is a crazy dysfunctional family. But most families are. And yet very rarely do any of them duct tape a toddler's face and dump them like trash in the woods. So, george might have had an affair, and Lee is an emotional wreck and seems creepy at times. But I don't think any of it rises to the level of suspicion that they already have for Casey. imoo

Maybe but I doubt it. imoo

I feel this way, too, but reassurance is always nice.

I wasn;t looking at the screen but I think Mark Garegos and.. someone else almost came to blows on Dr Drew. Lots of yelling including "shut up!"

I wasn;t looking at the screen but I think Mark Garegos and.. someone else almost came to blows on Dr Drew. Lots of yelling including "shut up!"

It was with Mark Eiglarsh (sp?) I believe.

I feel this way, too, but reassurance is always nice.

My DH is convinced it was an accident. He cannot believe she could cold bloodedly kill her toddler. It IS hard to accept. I think he feels that way partly because we have a 19 yr old daughter and he cannot imagine her killing a child. But he can believe in a teen doing a clumsy cover up. I have not bothered to argue too much with him because he already thinks I am wacked for paying so much attention to this trial. :blushing:

However IF he was on the jury, then imo, he would see it differently. ICA is NOTHING like our 19 yr old. Sure, she has lied a few times,:angel: here and there. But she does actually have a REAL job she goes to, and REAL friends she hangs out with, and has not stolen from us or my parents. Enough said.

casually watching on the news or even closely following as WS'ers do still doesn't rise to the level of what the jury has before them. Deciding to put someone to death. People you would think would get at least 90% of their facts right still say some outlandish things. Jinkasaurus said tonight that Roy Kronk saw Caylee's brain in the woods.... NG and JC have covered this to some degree for THREE years and they say stuff like this most nights.

The jurors know at least one thing for certain Caylee is dead and her Mother sits there day in and day out like she is waiting at the DVM. I have yet to hear the defense say ANYTHING about how ICA was out looking for Caylee even ONE SINGLE TIME. All DP cases IMHO are about the DP not the crime. Probably off topic but I think the structured environment of jail is good for ICA. Prison maybe not so much.

Mark Eiglarsh tried to call out Geragos on his silly statements. Geragos tried to say that the jury was going to have lots of reasonable doubts about Casey's guilt because Lee showed Cindy was lying today. So Geragos says the jury will just write off the whole family and think they were all involved somehow.

Mark E. said he did not think it would have that severe of an effect and Geragos got really abgry and would not allow ME to talk anymore. Every time ME tried to talk Geragos just shouted over him. He looked silly, imo. Sore loser.

Geragos is often a hot head. I like Mark E. He's a defense attorney who can point out the strategy for both sides and he's fair in his assessments.

All DP cases IMHO are about the DP not the crime. Probably off topic but I think the structured environment of jail is good for ICA. Prison maybe not so much.

<respectfully snipped by me...>

What do you mean here?

<respectfully snipped by me...>

What do you mean here?

DP: it is easy to say you could do something but doing it is much more difficult.
Jail: lacks chaos that was her life. Probably of her own making but still.
Prison: I think will be back to chaos for her. I hope she gives an interview from prison.

JJP on GVS gottago

I think what you are getting at is that the verdict is a given, guilty, but that it will be hard to actually give her the DP. I think I am in the minority on here, I want her to get the death penalty, simply because I think the crime is so heinous. Your own child, I cannot imagine it. I would be somewhat satisfied with life without poss of probation, but...I do not know, I guess that is just me.

I read on here somewhere in the past day or two that it is generally believed that DP juries are more likely to convict, or at least that is the thinking. I don't know why people feel that way, if it has actually been studied somehow? Perhaps.

I guess there really is no way to predict, we will just have to wait and see. Boy, will I be glad when the defense case is over.

JMO, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member