2011.07.08 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

oh just thought of L Lohan - do you think they are going to put her somewhere so she doesn't have to do a depo for Morgan and ZFG? and if so do you think it will work?

I posted elsewhere that I will be amazed if the depo happens. It will be delayed to one reason or another.

I would love to hear from JA or LDB on why they didn't put Tracey on the stand though. I can understand Padilla - while he is a good bounty hunter, I think he is waaaaay into the dramatics - so I'm wondering if that's part of the reason why they left out Tracey too, because they were afraid that Padilla might be called to the stand or that they may have to call him in order to validate why T spent those 9 days with Casey. But after hearing her on Dr. Drew, I do believe the SA could have used her.....might have made a difference in the turn out. Esp in putting doubt into the defenses suggestion that GA was involved with the disposal of the body.

Wouldn't much of what Tracy saw and heard be hearsay? Would her opinions be admissable.? I don't doubt what she witnessed at Chez Anthony but in terms of witness credability she acquired baggage along the way. She wrote to ICA in jail and sent her money. And IIRC, she communicated with Cindy about Roy Kronk's ex wife and estranged son. That makes her a conflicted witness imo. I believe this prosecution felt they had enough forensic and circumstantial evidence to put ICA away without this sort of testimony.

And I seriously doubt her testimony would have made a difference to this particular jury, If those jailhouse tapes and the Tony's number phonecall didnt influence them, nothing Tracy told them would have either.. MOO.

Did anyone watching DrDrew tonight recognize the song that his guest ( the lady who worked for LP) said that she heard KC playing a lot during her stay at the home?
TIA
The Past by Sevendust

He basically called Bernie a racist and BOR said he was not!

GR called someone a racist?

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

He and his good buddy JB love to throw down the race card whenever someone dares point out that they're a couple of hacks.

I'll say it again...if it had been a husband/wife scenario- where one or the other hadn't been reported missing, if the surviving spouse seemingly disappeared from the lives of family members, if they had gone out and partied and pretended life was beautiful (on someone else's dime), if they repeatedly lied to LE about the whereabouts of their spouse, if decomp and high levels of chloroform had been found in the trunk of their vehicle along with a death band of their spouse's hair, if there were dog alerts in the spouse's backyard, if there were reports of an "alleged" fight, if their vehicle was left abandoned by a dumpster, if they were the last known person to be seen with their spouse, and the body found near the spouse's home, etc.- there is no doubt in my mind there would have been a Murder 1 conviction. The jury found it easier to accept that a mother (a child herself by all appearances) could not possibly have murdered her child and blames the State for not providing "enough" evidence to convict her. IMVHO the jury did not weigh the evidence in the same way they would have had the victim been an adult...and that's all on them!

PS- sorry if this seems like a random thought...I had typed the post in reponse to an earlier post, but alas...I hit something on the keyboard and poof! it went.

RR, you know I would love to agree with you, but I can't help but think of Susan Powell. The circumstantial evidence against Josh Powell is IMO, very strong, and yet sadly he hasn't even been arrested much less indicted for her murder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g1jERNBzlg"]YouTube - ‪p1/4 - Michelle Murphy Police Interview - Casey / Caylee Marie Anthony Homicide Case‬‏[/ame]

Parts 2 and 3 of these interviews describe Casey relaying to this girl she wants to commit herself. In retrospect the state should have worried less about credibility issues (Tracy Mclaughlin Conroy is someone else they should have put on) and concentrated on her sociopatheic tendencies. Why didn't they have expert testimony in this regard? The jury didn't buy she was just a cold blooded killer, with the evidence presented, although I think there were stealth jurors on the jury per Casey Jorden etc with an agenda to make money on the case afterwards. I thought the state did an excellent job but in hindsight there was so much more they could have added to their case as this jury needed to be spoon fed and didn't understand a circumstantial evidence case!

JVM has been making excellent points of as late and I have grown to enjoy her commentary. Seems the state needed to dirty thier hands more in painting a picture for this jury to compete with Baez's spaghetti sticking theories.

Springer: I Would NEVER Interview Casey Anthony

7/9/2011 8:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Jerry Springer says the rumors his show offered Casey Anthony $1 million for an interview are "absolutely, unequivocally not true" -- in fact, Jerry says he wouldn't do it even if HE got paid the million bucks!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/09/casey-anthony-jerry-springer-show-million-dollar-offer/

Now that is some funny stuff and you can bet it will be on Nancy Grace.

So sorry for being O/T but the Nancy Grace show mentioned a missing 4 month old baby girl who was last seen with her father. I am looking for more info on this case, but it is so hard to find it here with all the different sections of this site -- so many categories, I don't know where to look.
Can someone please link me to this case discussion or at least give me the name of the missing baby?

And now here is my mini rant from yesterday - the NG show spends 50 minutes on ICA rehash and two minutes on this missing infant.

Thank you!!!

So sorry for being O/T but the Nancy Grace show mentioned a missing 4 month old baby girl who was last seen with her father. I am looking for more info on this case, but it is so hard to find it here with all the different sections of this site -- so many categories, I don't know where to look.
Can someone please link me to this case discussion or at least give me the name of the missing baby?

And now here is my mini rant from yesterday - the NG show spends 50 minutes on ICA rehash and two minutes on this missing infant.

Thank you!!!

I think this is the one you were asking about

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6883212"]MI MI - AMBER ALERT: Katherine Phillips (4 months) - Ludington - 29 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Heard Jean C. say the C. Mason has a trial coming up, in Florida, and he is defending a mother accused of killing her child?? Does anyone know about this??

TIA

JVM seems to think the anger has died down. Now just wingnuts out there. ::shaking head:: She must not be reading or listening. I think the next big wave of anger picks up when KC is released. It will never to away.

Propaganda.
JVM herself has said she is close to the DT.

Propaganda.
JVM herself has said she is close to the DT.

Yep. She seemed to be very enthusiastic yesterday about ICA's future "movies & books", and the fact that she's now a celebrity. I don't think the Hollywood crowd will welcome her, JMO.

Did anyone watching DrDrew tonight recognize the song that his guest ( the lady who worked for LP) said that she heard KC playing a lot during her stay at the home?
TIA

The Past by Sevendust

Here it is, with lyrics....
(The song Casey is said to have listened to constantly while she was out on bond, and Caylee was still missing).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe9GH8c0wQ"]YouTube - ‪Sevendust Feat. Chris Daughtry - "The Past"‬‏[/ame]

I found it interesting when CM gave JC the interview ( snippets aired on HLN) when she asked him to describe KC,
he actually states she was always cleaning the defense table like it was her job. He then states he remembers her
friends testifying to the same about her cleaning the apartment, doing the laundry, ect...
Sounded like he was trying to imply this was a "positive" trait. Maybe he was, or, maybe he wasn't but that was the impression I got.
I instantly thought it sounded more like her m-o to me. Always trying to endear people to throw off suspicion.
JG and his dad also gave me that impression about her.

If CM fell for this maybe the rest of the defense did too. I dunno
But I would like to remind them that Ted Bundy actually worked a suicide hotline before ...well...
we all know how that played out.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't know where to post this. I would like to read again what Mark Nejames said about Casey, If was KARMA like. It was just a one or two liner but very profane. Does anyone remember? Please if you will post it. THANKS!!

I know this is probably not the correct thread to do this and I didn 't want to start one so I'll post here.

I had heard that SNL was going to do a skit tonight on ICA. So I google it
and found topix poster said they would do one based on court documents not sure if that is tonight. Could not find no msm or reliable source to post link.

Another thing that I found when I googled it was

Elton John to sing The ***** is Back" re:Casey Anthony.
But when I clicked on link that was not the story and it was a few years old.

The most interesting thing that did come up was there is a petition to have her host SNL. It's not the official petition site(.org). It needs 1000 signatures and only has 5. :floorlaugh:

Heard Jean C. say the C. Mason has a trial coming up, in Florida, and he is defending a mother accused of killing her child?? Does anyone know about this??

TIA

There was a woman right next to KC's cell that had been arrest for killing her daughter, I think...not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back