IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the Bloomington, Indiana landfills - please check them out!!
http://tinyurl.com/69e8wme

I live in Bloomington and I'm pretty sure I read in the Herald Times comments section that one of the trash drivers said the trash is taken to Riley, In. It's right outside of Terre Haute. I didn't see that one listed on there.

Maybe that big clock was wrong and LE knows it...?

Nothing against your comment, but it just brings me right back to reality in that there are soooo many maybes in this case. I feel like at this point we are just going around in circles with the LITTLE amount of information that's known to us. I can only hope that LE has more information that they're not releasing but I'm not necessarily convinced that they do. Oh, how badly I wish we knew more :(

Re: The 3:38 sighting. Assuming the carrier is AB, which is a fair assumption, and given that LE said they saw the carrier on video, then it's likely that AB is on the 2:48 or 2:51 video and/or earlier such as the Smallwood altercation.

Le has not said the man seen by the 3:38 witness is on video at anytime.

I'm sorry but I do not have a link. Hopefully others with better memories than I can point you in the right direction. Of course it's heresay b/c we don't know any facts of time aside from what was proven on video. I believe this above information came from HT's statements of the approximate time LS left CR's and went to JR's.

in your original post you stated as fact that lauren was at cr and mb's for an hour. thank you for correcting it. When I first read your post I thought I missed something. So for the record, I don't think LE has stated an estimated length of time lauren spent at cr and mb's apt.

Someone mentioned JW FB pics of his album called Boat/date party. Does anyone find it weird that in one of the pics he calls HT a nympho? Maybe there is more there than we thought and she is protecting him by steering the police towards JR.

He also mentions Xanax in several pics and Mushrooms in a few others. So I think the group is familiar with pharmaceutical drugs.

The Lake Monroe scenario is possible, but it just seems unlikely to me. First of all, I doubt these college students had a boat to use. So they would have to have dropped the body into the water from a road-accesible spot. There are a few spots, but it would take a great degree of effort with little assurance that the body would actually be deep enough/well hidden. Plus, this is occuring around 5am, most likely. There could be fishermen out at that point etc. It seems like too much of a risk and too far of a drive to be worth it.

Lake Griffey seems much more believable to me. You'd still have issues of not having a boat etc, but it is much more convenient from the downtown area, there are several points of unofficial access, and no one really fishes on it/it would be unlikely that you'd see anyone out there that early.

Someone mentioned JW FB pics of his album called Boat/date party. Does anyone find it weird that in one of the pics he calls HT a nympho? Maybe there is more there than we thought and she is protecting him by steering the police towards JR.

He also mentions Xanax in several pics and Mushrooms in a few others. So I think the group is familiar with pharmaceutical drugs.

I was the one who mentioned the album. I don't find it odd that he called her a nympho. I am around college kids their age every single day, and in this day and age most kids just aren't offended by something like that. He probably meant it as a joke, IMO.

Good point on the Xanax & mushrooms references - definitely seems like they're familiar with them - thanks for pointing that out.

I said that in this thread. HT is throwing the scent toward JR to get it off of JW. I do not trust this girl at all. We have 10 POI's. I'm going to take a guess in no order that they are, please help me fill in the blanks:

1. JR
2. JW
3. MB
4. AB
5. ZO
6. CR
7. Out of town visitor of JR
8. DR
9. AA
10. Unknown abductor

Do we add HT in this? When the parents talk to LS's friends asking them to look into their souls and come forward with any info, are they talking to HT? HT strikes me as a "love the attention" person. I think she dislikes CR and that whole group. I think she threw her roommate under the bus that night and told JW where she was (with that group). I think she has a set of jabber jaws as if she were an eyewitness. I think she and some others swallowed a big tall glass of shut the he** up about what JW was doing that night. I think she hasn't shed a single tear that her friend/roommate is missing and presumed dead but her hair always looks nice and make up is done well IMO.

I can't fill in 8 & 9 and maybe jumping the gun on 10 - so there may be 3 additional. Help me out here.

The Lake Monroe scenario is possible, but it just seems unlikely to me. First of all, I doubt these college students had a boat to use. So they would have to have dropped the body into the water from a road-accesible spot. There are a few spots, but it would take a great degree of effort with little assurance that the body would actually be deep enough/well hidden. Plus, this is occuring around 5am, most likely. There could be fishermen out at that point etc. It seems like too much of a risk and too far of a drive to be worth it.

Lake Griffey seems much more believable to me. You'd still have issues of not having a boat etc, but it is much more convenient from the downtown area, there are several points of unofficial access, and no one really fishes on it/it would be unlikely that you'd see anyone out there that early.

You make some good points about Lake Griffey vs. Lake Monroe. My only thoughts on it are that Lake Griffey is much more shallow than Lake Monroe. Last summer Lake Griffey actually dried up completely when we had a drought. Assuming the person/people responsible for her disappearance knew that, it would seem riskier to dump a body there in the long run for fear that it would be easier to find. It's a much smaller lake, too.

For what it's worth, I know Lake Griffey has already been checked by police.

I said that in this thread. HT is throwing the scent toward JR to get it off of JW. I do not trust this girl at all. We have 10 POI's. I'm going to take a guess in no order that they are, please help me fill in the blanks:

1. JR
2. JW
3. MB
4. AB
5. ZO
6. CR
10. Unknown abductor

Do we add HT in this? When the parents talk to LS's friends asking them to look into their souls and come forward with any info, are they talking to HT? HT strikes me as a "love the attention" person. I think she dislikes CR and that whole group. I think she threw her roommate under the bus that night and told JW where she was (with that group). I think she has a set of jabber jaws as if she were an eyewitness. I think she and some others swallowed a big tall glass of shut the he** up about what JW was doing that night. I think she hasn't shed a single tear that her friend/roommate is missing and presumed dead but her hair always looks nice and make up is done well IMO.

I can't fill in 8 & 9 and maybe jumping the gun on 10 - so there may be 3 additional. Help me out here.

Does anyone know if JR's roommates are still in Bloomington for the summer (or if they were there when she disappeared?) I recall Northside (who hasn't posted in a while) saying that he walked by their place around midnight once just to check things out and see what it looked like in that area when it was dark, and he said that there were lights on in JR's townhouse. This was after JR went home to Michigan. If he had roommates who were still in town, they might fill in some of the 8, 9, and 10 spaces. The townhouse he lives in is a 5 bedroom, so I would assume he had 4 roommates during the school year.

1. JR
2. JW
3. MB
4. AB
5. ZO
6. CR
10. Unknown abductor

Rohn DR

Le has not said the man seen by the 3:38 witness is on video at anytime.

I believe this needs to be cleared up once and for all. Correct me if I am wrong. The man (who a witness saw at 3:38 with a girl slung over his shoulder) was seen by LE on video but not at the time the witness states. Also, that man is familiar to LE. We are making the assumption that it is AB because of the witness' description.

By no means does LE confirm the witness' account.
By no means does LE discount that there was a man on video meeting that descriiption.
LE does not state nor imply whether this person known to them had a person over their shoulder at the time he was spotted on video. They also do not state the alternative (i.e., that he did).
However, they do state that there was a FINAL sighting of LS on video around 3:00AM. The public does not have the info of the persons involved or on this video. They do not rule in or out that it was or was not the man with the girl over his shoulder.
LE does state that there are NO additional videos of LS after that video, which the public has not been privy to.

So, I ask - was the man with the girl slung over his shoulder walking in a path that prevented him from being caught on video? The witness would know that. She walked right into him. Does she appear on video? Her account would be easy to verify if there are any sightings of her, which I imagine there are. That's not hard for LE to figure out.

If we are to assume that this was AB and he was moving LS's body, he is one smart or liucky dog and dodged every camera between the gravel lot and where he took her. Maybe that is another reason for the call for all businesses to turn over their videotapes.

I have to say one thing...thank the Lord for video cameras. They are all over and I would hope that this case, when it is solved, will be an example and deterrent to any crazy psycho that wants to hurt/kill someone.

I also believe that videotape evidence will solve this case.

in your original post you stated as fact that lauren was at cr and mb's for an hour. thank you for correcting it. When I first read your post I thought I missed something. So for the record, I don't think LE has stated an estimated length of time lauren spent at cr and mb's apt.

You're welcome. I wasn't trying to state that as fact. I was replying to the post below, so I was offering a possible reason for why she may have been there an hour (f she even was). I don't know where this person saw the report. I try to be very careful when stating facts vs. opinions. Sorry if I wasn't clear that this was just a response to this post, rather than meant as a fact.

Originally Posted by pjessie

Then there is MB. Innocent of the crew, he was writing 2 papers. If so, why did he allow LS to linger for what was reported as "about an hour"....so from the last ally video at 2:51 AM, most likely minutes later MB was putting CR to bed, and LS just hung around to about 4:00 AM while MB, who didn't want to party per his report, was writing his paper. What else took place in that hour?

I believe this needs to be cleared up once and for all. Correct me if I am wrong. The man (who a witness saw at 3:38 with a girl slung over his shoulder) was seen by LE on video but not at the time the witness states. Also, that man is familiar to LE. We are making the assumption that it is AB because of the witness' description.

By no means does LE confirm the witness' account.
By no means does LE discount that there was a man on video meeting that descriiption.
LE does not state nor imply whether this person known to them had a person over their shoulder at the time he was spotted on video. They also do not state the alternative (i.e., that he did).
However, they do state that there was a FINAL sighting of LS on video around 3:00AM. The public does not have the info of the persons involved or on this video. They do not rule in or out that it was or was not the man with the girl over his shoulder.
LE does state that there are NO additional videos of LS after that video, which the public has not been privy to.

So, I ask - was the man with the girl slung over his shoulder walking in a path that prevented him from being caught on video? The witness would know that. She walked right into him. Does she appear on video? Her account would be easy to verify if there are any sightings of her, which I imagine there are. That's not hard for LE to figure out.

If we are to assume that this was AB and he was moving LS's body, he is one smart or liucky dog and dodged every camera between the gravel lot and where he took her. Maybe that is another reason for the call for all businesses to turn over their videotapes.

I have to say one thing...thank the Lord for video cameras. They are all over and I would hope that this case, when it is solved, will be an example and deterrent to any crazy psycho that wants to hurt/kill someone.

I also believe that videotape evidence will solve this case.

I believe you are correct about almost everything you stated above. I bolded two things - the first being the 3:00 a.m. I believe police say the last time they have her on video is 2:51 a.m. Yes, I'm being nit-picky, but just wanted to make sure we listed the accurate time. Here's a link to the map and timeline: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/pages/files/lauren_spierer/0616-Spierer-timeline-map.pdf

Second, in terms of a camera capturing the Mystery Man on camera, according to TG's report, the witness saw LS and Mystery Man at the corner of 10th & College. Unless they were underneath the arcade/breezeway of the 10th & College building, no cameras would have caught them at this location. If they were just on the sidewalk it is entirely possible there is no video evidence of what the witness saw, unfortunately.

Here's the link to TG's original story about it:
http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...n-spierer-mystery-encounter-with-unknown-man/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree