2011.07.13 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll never address the most important questions.

What instruments would have been used in Casey's psychological evaluation? Dr. Krop mentioned IQ percentile, so it makes sense that one of the adult intelligence tests was administered (probably a couple-three hours right there). What other methods of evaluation might have been used?
Just a few come to mind:

The MMPI tells you almost everything about the personality. She would not come out valid on this. It takes at least 3 hours and some take many, many more.

Rorshach test gives emotional responses. Very subjective

depression questionare. Simple.

sentence complettion combined w/Rorschack tell a lot.

Many different cognitive tests are avaiable which are very important in her case.

Have you heard Wendy's theory though? I can't remember the details at the moment, but a few things she uses as part of her theory are just not correct. I can't remember them all now, but for example, she says the Sunfire wasn't in ICA's posession on June 17th. There are a couple other things too. I'm not saying it never happens, but I don't think it happened to Caylee. I also don't think Vinnie was serious about giving her an hour to present her theory, I think he was just trying to shut her up. I was laughing because obviously Vinnie hadn't heard Wendy's theory before the show yesterday.

Wendy Murphy needs to visit her local shrink immediately. I use to have an interest in what she said, but after the absolute lunacy that she has spewed out about this case recently, I have no doubt that she needs some outside help. She is convinced that pedofilia exists everywhere - it does not exist in this case and that is it.

It is obvious that she is being laughed at on the shows I have seen her on. She is cut off as soon as they feel they had enough weirdness and she gives it to them. She is definitely not well. IMO.

With all of these lawyers IMO it is about their own rehabilitation and a work up for future cases to work on. It's about them and not really about ICA at all - the inside track on ICA is just the hook they are using to even get on the show.

Speaking of work - I heard Joy Behar say last night that Roseanne Barr will be on her show tonight. Now what the heck she could contribute to any information about ICA should be interesting, but at least we know it will be cryptic and outlandish and I hope Joy is ready for it!

She was very outspoken on twitter about the trial. You can guess her viewpoint. I can't wait to see her on there! Thanks for the heads up!

Krop is kookoo for Cocoa Puffs. Nothing said inside of a prison or jail is confidential..nothing. The inmates are schooled on that fact and so is every staff memeber. I see why the serial killer is sane but nothing raised suspicion prior to him telling him about the murders? This type of inmate is very crafty. I have watched this type wrap psychs around their fingers.....easily. First of all, many mental health staff are actually scared of these inmates. They fear getting them riled up. Many don't read the crime history but rely on psych evals only. Reading the crime HX gives much more insight but it does take alot out of you and many staff don't want to go there.

If they had to read about their crimes, they fear they would not be able to do their jobs for long, because it would affect them too much...I kid you not..

Plus, mental health professionals not only CAN but are REQUIRED to divulge information if there is a threat to someone. I'm thinking a serial killer would be a threat...or was it because he was in jail that he wasn't?

It was reported that Simms did a fist pump in the courtroom after the verdict. After watching her jumping up and down and her hair mop going off sync, I am not surprised at any thing she says anymore. She was delighted and very much coddled ICA throughouat the entire case. She may just be a big competitor and LOVES the win. What a mixture wih Mason, Baez and Simms...none of which I like. The more she speaks, the less I like.

Has anyone noticed her voice is not the same on camera as it was in the courtroom?

She was very outspoken on twitter about the trial. You can guess her viewpoint. I can't wait to see her on there! Thanks for the heads up!

Me too...and that's pretty sad that I would rather hear Roseanne's opinion than the few jurors that have come out.

That said, I would be interested in hearing a whole lot more from Juror #2 and some of those that haven't spoken out yet, but I am sooooo done with foreman and Jennifer F.....SOOOO DONE!:banghead:

Plus, mental health professionals not only CAN but are REQUIRED to divulge information if there is a threat to someone. I'm thinking a serial killer would be a threat...or was it because he was in jail that he wasn't?

Never found any serial killers threatening in prison. They are usually very good inmates. They love to talk to staff. We had a very famous high IQ one who was always telling staff, "Don't let me out". He feared he would do it again. The routine of prison and the restraints seems to be of comfort to them.

Kinda OT for this thread, but I can't get LDB's expression when the verdicts came back not guilty, out of my mind. I really feel for her...she still has to go on and prosecute more cases. Her face just said, "I worked three years for this?" I hope she is doing ok. I know JA will be ok...he is retiring and good for him.

BBM. THis chart shows at 70th percentile she has an IQ of about 108. A "little above average" is right. JB and CM were spouting about how bright she is and I thought What? She doesn't seem bright AT ALL to me. She seems like someone who is pretending to be bright. Constantly using big words wrong. 108 is hardly oh-so-bright.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

I'd be interested in IQ tests for the Jurors. :)

It was reported that Simms did a fist pump in the courtroom after the verdict. After watching her jumping up and down and her hair mop going off sync, I am not surprised at any thing she says anymore. She was delighted and very much coddled ICA throughouat the entire case. She may just be a big competitor and LOVES the win. What a mixture wih Mason, Baez and Simms...none of which I like. The more she speaks, the less I like.

Has anyone noticed her voice is not the same on camera as it was in the courtroom?

BBM

I spent about 30 secs watching her on IS, and besides noticing the new look I noticed that. Glad it's the only time I've spent listening to any of the post verdict coverage besides #3 in her Disney World interview. ugh

I'm with you Strawberry - I want their social media person profiled in Today's News today to personally deliver the tick tock comment to Dorothy. I want Dorothy and the whole Defense Team to really enjoy our comments.

I say bring them on! Calm rational types of explanations for what ICA is going to do and need for rehabilitation after her release don't cut any ice with me. We all know what she is like and have seen a couple of years worth of pre-trial pictures.

Ya can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear, not matter what colour lipstick you put on it.

Bring it on Defense Team, the world is watching and laughing at your dilemna!

hmm - I see spell check has dummied down the spelling of dilemna to dilemma - not ready for that!

Never found any serial killers threatening in prison. They are usually very good inmates. They love to talk to staff. We had a very famous high IQ one who was always telling staff, "Don't let me out". He feared he would do it again. The routine of prison and the restraints seems to be of comfort to them.

This exactly what DS said about FCA on Joy last night! model prisoner. liked by the staff :waitasec::sick:

I'd be interested in IQ tests for the Jurors. :)

Some may have high IQ..it's the emotional part of them that is flawed. That happens when one can't distingush between a thought and a feeling and this kind of reasoning ran amuck in the jury box.

[/B]

BBM

I spent about 30 secs watching her on IS, and besides noticing the new look I noticed that. Glad it's the only time I've spent listening to any of the post verdict coverage besides #3 in her Disney World interview. ugh
Her voice sure was totally different...first thing I noticed after the new hairstle...betcha she read some comments about her unflattering hairdo.

Interesting how phoney she is ....:waiting:

Felon Casey Anthony...since she will not be an inmate for much longer we had to switch to something else

..can anyone update me on the first round of convictions. How many does she have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
$andRose