TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was discussed earlier, and I can't link you to it from this device, but maybe someone else can. Matt did get his son a new phone, on Sunday I believe, but he did retain his number, so no real change there. it was said that the daughter did not have a cell phone, so the one she got on Sunday was her first-no number to retain.

Oriah, I don't know IF the children had their old phones with them on the trip to and from the lake but I do know my granddaughter's phone goes with her everywhere she goes... even to the bathroom.
I am wondering WHY he went out on Sunday May 1st and purchased new phones for the children though. What was he hoping to accomplish by this action?

While I do wonder if it was because he wanted to get rid of the phones for some suspicious reason, I also think it might have been a little bit of spoiling to make them feel better considering everything that was going on. Someone recently said the 9-year-old did not have a phone until the iPhone was bought after Gail disappeared, and confused just mentioned that as well.

I don't know, there's so much speculation and even if we did guess right, it probably wouldn't make much difference.

It would be nice to get actual news every so often instead "LE still doesn't think there was a crime, they just now realized they want that security DVR and the computers, and while you're waiting for news, please enjoy hearing Lee Davis remind everyone through his mouthpiece Jammer Scott that Gail probably killed herself or ran off." And I say the last part not because I don't think it's a possibility, because I do, but because what Lee Davis and/or Jammer Scott say is still rumor and often unverified. Ugh ugh ugh.

Mods - the Facebook phone rumors are being discussed in the basement as well as upstairs here, so we have two discussions about the same thing in two different threads. It's getting a bit confusing. I was hesitant to copy Sleuthy's helpful post up here, because I don't know if we're allowed to.

Can you please provide guidance on where we're supposed to discuss them, upstairs or downstairs?

TIA

IMHO all these speculations and rumors can be resolved with common sense or facts we already know. I hope we can move towards a productive conversation on where Gail may be.

Last but not least, but understanding this is a frustrating case, I hope everyone can take a breath before reacting to posts and not seem so aggravated with posters. I believe we all want Gail to come home, but doesn't anyone notice many good sluether's have left the board over cat fights among the poster's when everyone should certainly be doing their best to be more civil to one another. FWIW.. :twocents:

Agreed, happy, and just want to say, that I'd love to work with you, and anyone else here, on researching and analyzing constructively, to see if we can figure things out, and possibly be helpful to Gail.

:grouphug:

While I do wonder if it was because he wanted to get rid of the phones for some suspicious reason, I also think it might have been a little bit of spoiling to make them feel better considering everything that was going on. Someone recently said the 9-year-old did not have a phone until the iPhone was bought after Gail disappeared, and confused just mentioned that as well.

I don't know, there's so much speculation and even if we did guess right, it probably wouldn't make much difference.

It would be nice to get actual news every so often instead "LE still doesn't think there was a crime, they just now realized they want that security DVR and the computers, and while you're waiting for news, please enjoy hearing Lee Davis remind everyone through his mouthpiece Jammer Scott that Gail probably killed herself or ran off." And I say the last part not because I don't think it's a possibility, because I do, but because what Lee Davis and/or Jammer Scott say is still rumor and often unverified. Ugh ugh ugh.

I really don't know, so could someone please tell me who is the oldest, the daughter or the son?

And last I heard, I thought the spokesperson for LE stated this could turn into a criminal case so I am not convinced LE doesn't think a crime has been committed..' Also since the DA has requested funds from our Governor, I'm thinking the DA believes a crime just may have been committed also..

In refeference to Jammer Scott..IMO.. morally and ethically bankrupt...JMHO

Agreed, happy, and just want to say, that I'd love to work with you, and anyone else here, on researching and analyzing constructively, to see if we can figure things out, and possibly be helpful to Gail.

:grouphug:

Thanks, the feeling is mutual!

Oriah was a big help with the Prentice Cooper area, mines, etc. If she went missing (on purpose or by accident), I feel it is right under our noses. Is there a specific place we can check? :waitasec:

Thanks, the feeling is mutual!

Oriah was a big help with the Prentice Cooper area, mines, etc. If she went missing (on purpose or by accident), I feel it is right under our noses. Is there a specific place we can check? :waitasec:

BBM..Yeah..Prentive Cooper- Suck Creek Mtn with a fine tooth comb...JMHO

New Gail Palmgren Facebook Page Created
posted July 15, 2011

Gail Palmgren
A new Facebook page has been created in the search for missing Signal Mountain woman Gail Palmgren.

The creator said she wanted to remain anonymous, but she said, "The goal is to bring a more positive focus to the case in the facebook world."

snip

The new site can be found here.
http://www.facebook.com/HopeforGail

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_205207.asp

Has anyone else seen this today? It is rather off-topic and concerns the murder of another woman in the area from 2004, but there is a search going on near Signal Mt on Cash Canyon Road for "more remains."

Chattanoogan 7-15: Investigators Looking Into New Leads, Possible Additional Bodies, In 2004 Murder Case

The reason I bring this up is that David Hoss is mentioned in the article. He found the body of the missing woman! I had never heard this before - I didn't follow the case.

Authorities said, "A ground search is being conducted of the area where Melissa Ward’s remains were located in December 2004. Interviews with persons of interest are being conducted by investigators in an attempt to bring closure to this active homicide investigation."

The body had been found by attorney Bryan Hoss in a remote area off Cash Canyon Road.

I just think if a body has been hidden somewhere before, it might be a place where a body could be hidden now. :twocents:

This might also give us an insight into how a search is being handled in this area in the even that more clues to Gail's disappearance ever surface. I know the local LE gives many people a headache, but I think they do know how to handle this type of investigation. And it should give people hope that justice delayed might not be a lack of justice:

Times Free Press 7/15: Hamilton County Deputies Search for Remains

On Wednesday, investigators moved into the densely wooded area toward the river with prisoners in tow to clear brush away. It’s unclear how long the search will continue, said Hamilton County Capt. Bill Johnson, who oversees the investigations division.

University of Tennessee forensic anthropologists in Knoxville have been called and may be brought into the investigation, he said.

“We just put them on standby to let them know that we are going to reopen this investigation. We’re going to move into this area and conduct a ground search,” Johnson said. “If we do find any human remains, we want them to come down and help us methodically go through them.”

Ward was reported missing on Nov. 2, 2004. Two months later, her body was found by local defense attorney Bryan Hoss when he was looking at a home to purchase near Cash Canyon Road.

I really don't know, so could someone please tell me who is the oldest, the daughter or the son?

And last I heard, I thought the spokesperson for LE stated this could turn into a criminal case so I am not convinced LE doesn't think a crime has been committed..' Also since the DA has requested funds from our Governor, I'm thinking the DA believes a crime just may have been committed also..

In refeference to Jammer Scott..IMO.. morally and ethically bankrupt...JMHO

The son is the oldest.

The exact quote from Janice Atkinson is "if it is a criminal case, it could end up in court someday"
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1506257...case-could-turn-criminal-therefore-no-comment

The headline "Police: Palmgren case could turn criminal" is very misleading, and seems to be sensationalized to attrack viewers.

CB stated on his FB page (I think it's ok to post this, as it is not a rumor, he is telling exactly what he did-if not ok, please move to the lower area)
"Clive Bonnick
OK heres the scoop for what it's worth. I told you all that I had e-mailed the Governor to help us & the other two missing women Reward Funds (Shelley Mook and Marsha Brantley) as he had pledged to help Holly Bobo & with upto $50,000. Well I did not hear back & told this to a 'friend'. My friend has connections & found out the request has to come from the DA. So she asked the DA & he has written to the Governor."

What I get from this statement is that the DA did this as a favor to someone, NOT because he decided the case was criminal and needed his attention. Again, this seems like a bit of sensational media.

I don't have anything as far as your comment on the Jammer. Don't know anything about him. I do think his interview was better than SMM. I think that many need to listen to his second interview again(or for the first time). I know I want to hear it again.

I read this morning they were reopening the case and that is great. They also found a husband of a murdered woman in Cleveland, TN. I certainly believe it helps in supporting local LE, even how frustrated it can be to just sit and wait. There are SO many areas around Signal Mountain, it's hard to say, but they are well aware if they find anything, they know how to deal with it! :woohoo:

Has anyone else seen this today? It is rather off-topic and concerns the murder of another woman in the area from 2004, but there is a search going on near Signal Mt on Cash Canyon Road for "more remains."

Chattanoogan 7-15: Investigators Looking Into New Leads, Possible Additional Bodies, In 2004 Murder Case

snip for space

I saw this pop up on Twitter. Some reporters were out there at the search. Thanks for posting the article. I hadn't seen that.

The son is the oldest.

Thanks for confirming what we have heard before. GOSH I wish you would become verified, but I understand why you will not.

The exact quote from Janice Atkinson is "if it is a criminal case, it could end up in court someday"
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1506257...case-could-turn-criminal-therefore-no-comment

They HAVE to say that, therefore giving reason not to feel the need to report information to the public. Period. IMHO

The headline "Police: Palmgren case could turn criminal" is very misleading, and seems to be sensationalized to attrack viewers.

I agree, talk about taking a statement out of context. Period.

<snipped to remove FB verbiage>
Per CB - My friend has connections & found out the request has to come from the DA. So she asked the DA & he has written to the Governor."

What I get from this statement is that the DA did this as a favor to someone, NOT because he decided the case was criminal and needed his attention. Again, this seems like a bit of sensational media.

What I get from this is someone really needing to feel the need for some credit for all the work done on trying to find Gail. CB actually stated it was not for the credit (I guess he also realized that after posting). Period. I don't believe for one second in a case like this the DA feels the need to 'call in a favor' naaah, hopefully it will be rewarded and someone will come forward, there seems to be many that can (e.g., based on one sighting alone; other person in jeep, pick-up truck and driver, etc.) I imagine they are not hanging around together any longer. IMHO

I don't have anything as far as your comment on the Jammer. Don't know anything about him. I do think his interview was better than SMM. I think that many need to listen to his second interview again(or for the first time). I know I want to hear it again.

Same here, and he is more entertaining for sure. MO Jammer is filling in after being fired from the same position. Looking for another radio gig. Has a loyal following, yet he is an instigator IMHO.

Good to see you confused! :peace:

The reason I bring this up is that David Hoss is mentioned in the article. He found the body of the missing woman! I had never heard this before - I didn't follow the case.

Authorities said, "A ground search is being conducted of the area where Melissa Ward’s remains were located in December 2004. Interviews with persons of interest are being conducted by investigators in an attempt to bring closure to this active homicide investigation."

The body had been found by attorney Bryan Hoss in a remote area off Cash Canyon Road.

I just think if a body has been hidden somewhere before, it might be a place where a body could be hidden now. :twocents:

This might also give us an insight into how a search is being handled in this area in the even that more clues to Gail's disappearance ever surface. I know the local LE gives many people a headache, but I think they do know how to handle this type of investigation. And it should give people hope that justice delayed might not be a lack of justice:

Times Free Press 7/15: Hamilton County Deputies Search for Remains

On Wednesday, investigators moved into the densely wooded area toward the river with prisoners in tow to clear brush away. It’s unclear how long the search will continue, said Hamilton County Capt. Bill Johnson, who oversees the investigations division.

University of Tennessee forensic anthropologists in Knoxville have been called and may be brought into the investigation, he said.

“We just put them on standby to let them know that we are going to reopen this investigation. We’re going to move into this area and conduct a ground search,” Johnson said. “If we do find any human remains, we want them to come down and help us methodically go through them.”

Ward was reported missing on Nov. 2, 2004. Two months later, her body was found by local defense attorney Bryan Hoss when he was looking at a home to purchase near Cash Canyon Road.

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be coincidence?

Is it possible that:

1) The recent attention on GP's case caused someone to have an attack of conscience about this old case and come forward with information?

2) The police have a POI in this old case and realized that person may have some remote connection to Gail or Matt?

3) Other?

It was discussed earlier, and I can't link you to it from this device, but maybe someone else can. Matt did get his son a new phone, on Sunday I believe, but he did retain his number, so no real change there. it was said that the daughter did not have a cell phone, so the one she got on Sunday was her first-no number to retain.

If it was Sunday, then I think we can rule out MP being angry at GP for "abandoning" the children. GP had only been gone 24 hours at this point, and I think he had said that at that point he wasn't concerned and assumed she was coming back, thus why he hadn't reported anything to LE at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz