2011.07.16-17 HLN & FOX (Weekend) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does warm my heart, however, to believe that she is now in her own self-induced prison sentence.

Reminds me of a M**advertiser censored*S*H episode. Hawkeye, the ubiquitous prankster is so fearful of threatened and anticipated retaliations, he places his cot outside the tent. Looking over his shoulder constantly for the ultimate prank to be pulled on him, he encircles his cot with concertina wire. He can't relax or sleep from his self-induced fear of being the butt of a joke. Of course, the joke is, NO prank is planned... his buddies just let him stew in anticipation of the impending imaginary prank! LOVE it!

Well, its over for now. I woke up this morning hardly believing what I witnessed last night.

Yes, still curious as to where she will end up. Curious how she will "start over".
She certainly has an uphill battle ahead of her.

GA and CA apparently stayed home last night. Maybe they were watching it on computer and TV like the rest of us. JVM was a joke, hopefully she will now "go home" and return to her life as a crappy journalist instead of her Orlando life acting like an atty, running the all-day HLN coverage and calling the attys there her "colleagues". Outside last night, she had no more of a vantage point than the average walk-up spectator. Have heard enough of her voice to last a lifetime.

-abbie

According to Lippman, Jose contacted him and wanted to use CA and GA as decoys and Lippman and CA/GA said no. He did say that CA did get a text from Jose that said Casey was safe. No word sense.

Lippman feels she has left Orlando as Jose told them that was their plan. Says that he never heard of any talk that she would go to Ohio. As of right now, there are no plans for CA to see Casey. From what I gathered, sounds like Jose was supposed to call Lippman with updates of what is going on, but Lippman has not heard from him. Asks for Jose to contact him so they know what is going on.

As mean and inconsiderate as it might seem, JB has no obligation to contact Lippman or the Anthonys for that matter. Not sure why Lippman is surprised JB has not contacted him. Why would he?

I guess I'm surprised that no media outlets were able to track KC, and that no one knows where she is right now.

Any bets on how long before she's spotted somewhere?

Sounds like a poll question!!!! One with emus, just for old times sake.

Lippman said that the A's weren't decoys. Actually I don't think anyone saw them.

Well, the lights were all out at their house. "lippman said the Anthonys." could mean anything. They all lie with such abandon.

NancyGraceHLN Nancy Grace
#JoseBaez has not told #CindyAnthony where #CaseyAnthony has gone. Cindy's heart still breaks.
27 minutes ago

Nancy still coddling CA. Even IF this were true, do I care if CA's heart still breaks? Not no, but, HE!! NO!!!

If a single parent is accused of killing their child could that child be made a ward of the state to prevent the families from "cashing in" on their death. I could see distributing pictures of Caylee but not charging for them. The A's continue today to try and make money off of Caylee's death. In today's society, any way you want to slice it, it's still considered "blood" money.

Any media money paid out could go to the States' victum's fund. To me many of these media outlets have allowed the A's to make them look foolish by broadcasting all their lies. Get the information out there but paying for them to lie and mislead people is wrong. There is no integrity in their reporting if the A's are presented to the public as a credible source.

Did MLitmann really say that the A's said KC never said her father molested her??? How would he know that? Did they speak with KC? If it came from JB why would they believe that when that is not what he said in court. So JB's out there presenting to the jury that his client was molested by her father....giving great detail (which had to come from somewhere...she either told JB or he was lying to the court) and now someone wants them to believe it did not come from KC. For JB to suggest to the court something could have happened is one thing. To give very detailed information you could only have gotten from your client is totally different. jmo

Sad that these TH people still don't have the murderer's parents' number. Poor him. Poor her. Blah blah blah...
GMAB.
The fact that they can't see exactly what transpired in that courtroom is beyond pathetic. Or are they trotting out this poor pitiful piffle to try and get an interview?
Sorry. I won't be watching any interviews with any of these clowns.

NancyGraceHLN Nancy Grace
#JoseBaez has not told #CindyAnthony where #CaseyAnthony has gone. Cindy's heart still breaks.
27 minutes ago

Nancy still coddling CA. Even IF this were true, do I care if CA's heart still breaks? Not no, but, HE!! NO!!!
Same here. I actually think it is fitting punishment for Cindy and her lies.

If a single parent is accused of killing their child could that child be made a ward of the state to prevent the families from "cashing in" on their death. I could see distributing pictures of Caylee but not charging for them. The A's continue today to try and make money off of Caylee's death. In today's society, any way you want to slice it, it's still considered "blood" money.

Any media money paid out could go to the States' victum's fund. To me many of these media outlets have allowed the A's to make them look foolish by broadcasting all their lies. Get the information out there but paying for them to lie and mislead people is wrong. There is no integrity in their reporting if the A's are presented to the public as a credible source.

Did MLitmann really say that the A's said KC never said her father molested her??? How would he know that? Did they speak with KC? If it came from JB why would they believe that when that is not what he said in court. So JB's out there presenting to the jury that his client was molested by her father....giving great detail (which had to come from somewhere...she either told JB or he was lying to the court) and now someone wants them to believe it did not come from KC. For JB to suggest to the court something could have happened is one thing. To give very detailed information you could only have gotten from your client is totally different. jmo

Casey said her father molested her in her notes to her friend in jail. She certainly DID say that.

It is unethical for a lawyer to state something for which there is absolutely no basis. Nope... this came from Casey and Jose working together -- and Litmann and the Anthonys know it.

Sad that these TH people still don't have the murderer's parents' number. Poor him. Poor her. Blah blah blah...
GMAB.
The fact that they can't see exactly what transpired in that courtroom is beyond pathetic. Or are they trotting out this poor pitiful piffle to try and get an interview?
Sorry. I won't be watching any interviews with any of these clowns.

I agree!

Hey, TH's, sorry, I didn't just 'fall off a turnip truck,' I do not believe ANY of your BS. I'm certain, they (GA, CA, & LA) have ALL had communication with the felonious s**t since her release.

Really good article. I highly recommend reading it. He nailed everything.

From article:

When jurors expect forensic evidence to be decisive we find that they become intellectually lazy. Rather than engage the problem for hours by looking at what they have, it is easier for them to say, "We wanted more." In most cases there is enough there, it just has to be worked intellectually. Justice requires that no stone be left unturned, that jurors analyze every fact assiduously. It is intellectual laziness to say there wasn't enough.

Clearly that describes this jury quite well.

What kind of jurors do jury consultants and thus defense attorneys prefer in homicide cases? Perhaps better not to offend by looking instead at who usually doesn't get selected: College graduates especially those with graduate degrees. The more years you were in college the lower the chance a jury consultant wants you for that jury. Firemen are out as are police officers. They prefer to keep Republicans out and members of the NRA. If you own or have owned several successful companies you won't be selected. If you have a job where you manage a lot of people and need to make difficult decisions everyday, they don't want you and the same goes for human resource officers for large firms.
If you read Scientific American, Nature, Science, The Economist, or International Affairs, you need not worry. I could go on and on. One could argue, perhaps they just don't want to burden these already busy folks? Interesting argument - but it is vacuous. For in fact, as you read the qualities of those that defense wants off the jury, we get a sense for the kinds of folks whom they prefer.
One more thing and this is important, jury consultants don't want leaders on that jury. The Casey Anthony case is just such an example. In this case, the jury was selected from Pinellas County, rather than Orange County (where the trial took place), in order to pick a more unbiased jury. Pinellas County arguably has one of the largest concentrations of retired professionals (doctors, lawyers, accountants, military officers) in the country and yet none made the jury.

The jury selection process is very flawed and opens the door to injustice. The laws on this need to change.

To me Lippman crying about how JB hasn't contacted him is just another attempt to try and gain sympathy for Cindy. Sorry Cindy, your darling daughter has the spotlight now, live with it :)

I just wanted to thank you for all your input and sharing your knowledge. I have learned a lot and can't wait for the kids to ask me why I have tabs up tracking planes??!!

Here I slept through church all because of this <modsnip>. Does anyone know where she is??

Uh oh, I hear a low flying helicopter flying over me -- is she in DFW???

It makes me sick that the Ants have started another foundation. Wish I had the money to get a nice shiny suv like they have - a jeep isn't it? And money to go to home depot to by a leaf blower or whatever it was. Hey GEORGE --its called a rake.

IDK if CA is in DFW...but I am! I think the two of us together can keep track of her together if she does end up here!

As mean and inconsiderate as it might seem, JB has no obligation to contact Lippman or the Anthonys for that matter. Not sure why Lippman is surprised JB has not contacted him. Why would he?

Only reason I can think of is that the A's feel KC owed them for allowing her to throw them under the bus. Just goes to prove, there's a sucker born every minute. lol

From article:

Clearly that describes this jury quite well.

The jury selection process is very flawed and opens the door to injustice. The laws on this need to change.
----------------

Right after the verdict I asked on the lawyer thread if this case could be tried Federally--the answer was No. I guess some people are signing a petition hoping for that to occur in some manner.

Since there were so many obvious obstructions to justice being rendered in this case, why can't the trial be appealed and moved to a higher jurisdiction. I guess I need a thorough explanation.

navarrotells Joe Navarro

#CaseyAnthony is out and if that makes you queasy, here is why: psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatche…

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ot-so-obvious-lessons-the-casey-anthony-trial

16 minutes ago

Joe Navarro is a former FBI Counterintelligence Agent and is the author of What Every Body is Saying. He is an expert on nonverbal communications and body language.

BeanE,

Thank you so much for providing this link to the Joe Navarro article. In my opinion it is a must read by anyone seeking some understanding of the outcome of this case.

There is also a wonderful article referenced there : Incompetence of Gullibility and Foolishness, by Stephen Greenspan, PH.D. In it he states the following:

"The jurors absence of experience in thinking abstractly, understanding probability or evidence rather than emotion, made them susceptible to specious arguments like"if the glove does not fit, you must acquit." (of the infamous OJ case.

With ref to the Casey Anthony case:
" The defense got the jury they wanted because the (unusually forceful) judge resisted several attempts by the State to remove certain jurors and because seating jurors ( from a different county) unfamiliar with this high profile case meant seating jurors remarkably lacking in intellectual curiosity. Various media talking heads argued the outcome of this trial showed the "legal system worked." In my opinion it showed "collective gullibility is still alive and well"

So there you have it folks. Perfectly stated and unfortunately true. In general it seems the state want intelligent ,educated jurors. The defense will usually seek out.....ehh--the direct opposite. Guess it was gonna be "Not Guilty", from jury selection. I can live with that after reading these articles. So, again thank you, BeanE, for suggesting this link.

Last night on HLN (I think) a psychiatrist (who has worked with mothers who kill their own children) said that for a mother to happily accept her own child's death (as Casey clearly did), she would need to accept the death BEFORE it happened. He didn't say, but strongly suggested, that Casey accepted Caylee's death before she killed her and as a result it was not difficult to accept her dying afterwards.

The Anthonys know all of this too. They've seen what we have seen. Somehow it is hard to begrudge them the little bit of money they will make from their story.

Intending to do something and doing it gives one a "win" and one feels happy about it. That is one clue why Caylee did not die by accident. FCA wrote in her diary how happy she was, and partied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug