Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that you feel that way, but I for one feel strongly that parents need to make certain issues w/young teenagers a priority, and severely misaligned teeth is one of those issues. If the DDS wanted to wait to do anything final, then a temporary bridge might have been an option.

Now, the issue w/her teeth is not relevant to this discussion, other than the fact that it is a distinctive characteristic. Therefore, it could be a lifesaver in this situation. That is why I personally addressed the issue up-thread.

I applaud the authorities for the release of the official photo because it shows clearly the state of her teeth/smile.

Oh, I do agree that it's important to be seen and noted, since it's a distinctive feature and will help her be found. I don't want my comment to be misinterpreted in that way - my discomfort is purely on the cosmetic comments.

Nope... my point and argument is, these kids grow up WAY too fast (because of clothes, music and media) and perhaps she felt like she needed the attention of a boy (man) and got caught up in it all. MOO!!! It happens far too often.
At 11, kids should be worried about climbing trees and riding bikes... NOT whether they're hot or sexy!!!

Agree completely! Childhood is shrinking to fewer and fewer years of innocence and protection from all things adult. I find myself becoming increasingly agitated and worried about this girl. And I'm angry that an 11-year-old "baby" may have been brutalized in some way. I keep thinking back to how innocent and "little girlish" I was at that age. Yes, things are different with pre-teens today, but as I mentioned earlier, I remember barely being out of the doll-playing stage at 11. Girls that age desperately need safety, security, and someone to watch them like hawks and keep the brakes applied on too-rapid maturation. In fact, it takes two committed, savvy parents to maintain the eagle eye on kids these days. It's a heavy burden for one parent to shoulder alone.

It's sad, but we almost have to assume the worst about people around our kids. I'm not making any judgments on the parents here, but we really cannot be too careful with kids. If the mom is just now finding out about the SF's online proclivities, I bet she is really suffering and in shock. I really get in the fighting mode when I think that some filthy perv may have been eyeing and targeting that sweet little girl.

The reason I was wondering is because when I got married to my ex-husband, his son had very
crooked teeth. His mother had been a stay at home mother & was then deceased.

My husband had his own business and paid for their medical insurance with a high deductable, until I married him.
I had very good medical/dental through my employer and then covered them both, in addition to my own children.
My dental plan included orthodontics for my step-son.
------------
I think she might have had an insecurity about her teeth, in which case, a predator would grab that opportunity to tell her she was "hot", ease her insecurities and assure her that he admires her beauty. It seems as though her family was very protective and would not allow her to go out without the mom or sister with her. She was also described as being shy and not outspoken. And if the stepfather was "strict" that would probably compound her need to "escape". A predator would hone in on all of her fears, insecurities, compliment her and craftfully nudge her into meeting him. We are talking about an impressionable 11 yr. old girl.

BBM:

Yes, that is a beautiful pic of Celina. I pray that Celina comes home safe, and if she does, I am going to make sure there is an arrangement with a dentist in the area to have her teeth fixed. It will be a personal mission of mine.

I have three boys - two of my boys had teeth that were really bad - not quite as noticeable as Celina's, but clearly needed to be fixed. They don't usually start braces until about 6th grade, or even 7th because certain teeth need to come all the way in to anchor the braces. She's just not old enough. My guess is, the plan was to wait until her teeth are ready and then fix them. She's really such a pretty girl, it's a hard wait until adult teeth can be straightened when they're noticeable like that. As I posted very early in this thread, she looks like one of those girls who will turn out really, really beautiful when she's grown.

It is pretty clear that with a computer in her room and a wide open facebook... Celina was not being sheltered like my children are.

If she was going to be given such unmonitored access to things she should have also been talked to.
You do not want your children learning about these things on facebook from guys who see them as an opportunity.

I think that without her Dad around, of course she might be more likely to believe a guy who was conning her. It is possible that happened.

It is also more likely that someone closer to home saw an opportunity to "teach" Celina what she had not yet been taught. :twocents:

I respectfully SOO disagree! This is part of the problem with the sexualization of CHILDREN. The videos, the songs, the treatment of women (by women) as sexual objects..
Not saying it's what happened to CC but at 11 (or 8!) children should NOT be exposed to lady GaGa or Katy Perry's half naked videos. :twocents:

That was my bad for trying to keep it short and leaving out the below disclaimer.

My children do not watch music videos.
My children listen to music.

My children don't watch anything that is not educational.
My children watch only videos, DVD's or something I have pre recorded.

My children have not seen a performance of Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.
My children have only HEARD the encouraging lyrics of a couple of their songs.

I never said Celina or anyone should WATCH either of them or anyone else.
I said it would be good to LISTEN to them.

Part of my previous post.

Lady Gaga has "Born This Way" that I think would be great for Celina to listen to. Read those lyrics.

Katy Perry has "Firework" which is my 8 year old daughter's favorite song and Celina should also listen to. Read those lyrics.

I'm sure some parents would object to Lady's Gaga song anyway because it promotes accepting everyone.
Regardless of disability, sexuality, race, religion, appearance, anything. Many parents object to that. I don't.

I want my children to know that I accept everyone, so that they know I will accept them no matter who they are.

Many kids don't care about the music videos. They go to you tube and look up the lyrics videos.

"Firework lyrics" in youtube brings up several videos without a single picture of Katy Perry. Same thing with the other artists/songs mentioned.

Partial Firework lyrics

Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/katyperry/firework.html

OT.. Ms Facetious, I'm not going to argue with you. We all have the constitutional right to raise our children as we see fit. I keep a tight reign on my son, his clothes, his friends and his music.I don't want him to be "just one of the crowd" and I want to protect his innocence as long as possible. I don't condone katy Perry NOR Lady GaGa.. to name a few... NOT for anyone under 18 at least. I'm the most accepting person you'll ever want to meet but we have a responsibility to teach our children what's right, moral and acceptable and we only have a very short period of time.
ON Topic: I hope Celina's parents at least taught her she was worthy, she didn't need to be "sexy" or liked by a boy to be accepted and i hope she is found soon...

ETA: I respect you and your views and diversity makes the world go round! :)

Agree completely! Childhood is shrinking to fewer and fewer years of innocence and protection from all things adult. I find myself becoming increasingly agitated and worried about this girl. And I'm angry that an 11-year-old "baby" may have been brutalized in some way. I keep thinking back to how innocent and "little girlish" I was at that age. Yes, things are different with pre-teens today, but as I mentioned earlier, I remember barely being out of the doll-playing stage at 11. Girls that age desperately need safety, security, and someone to watch them like hawks and keep the brakes applied on too-rapid maturation. In fact, it takes two committed, savvy parents to maintain the eagle eye on kids these days. It's a heavy burden for one parent to shoulder alone.

It's sad, but we almost have to assume the worst about people around our kids. I'm not making any judgments on the parents here, but we really cannot be too careful with kids. If the mom is just now finding out about the SF's online proclivities, I bet she is really suffering and in shock. I really get in the fighting mode when I think that some filthy perv may have been eyeing and targeting that sweet little girl.

:clap: :dance: :gthanks: :loveyou:
I couldn't have said it better!!

There will be a news conference around 7pm by the Attorney General's office. Nobody has any idea as to what will be stated. It may have something to do with all the talk going on about the stepfather, or it could be developments that we are not aware of as yet.
Prayers for Celina and that she will be safely located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member