Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:highfive: Natsound,

We have disagreed on many issues so I want to take this opportunity to say ITA ! :seeya:

Good to know.. now if only the OC authorities agreed too! :crazy:

What irritates me when he says this, and he's said it before is no, it's not done because they appealed the lying convictions. He said recently the Casey circus is over. Well maybe if they didn't appeal the convictions and there weren't civil lawsuits and the SA wasn't trying to get $$ it would be, but it's not.

And also to JB, don't worry. This won't take away her monetary value. If you've been paying attention, you'd know she's a liability, not an asset. :floorlaugh:

Here's a question for everyone: Had Casey Anthony been found "not guilty" on the four lying charges, would you still be clamoring for her to go back and re-serve probation on her felony counts?

Yes. She is no different then anyone else and she should do her sentence reguardless. Here's a question if you were someone conficted of the same crime as KA and sentenced to the same punishment but there was no error in the paper work would you expect that person to do the punishment as you did?

Yes. She is no different then anyone else and she should do her sentence reguardless. Here's a question if you were someone conficted of the same crime as KA and sentenced to the same punishment but there was no error in the paper work would you expect that person to do the punishment as you did?

If the DOC didn't have a probation officer meet me while in prison and didn't give me something that stated that I had effectively completed said probation, then yes I would expect to do probation as to what the order said. But getting that 'completion' statement would lead me to believe that I had did the probation.

Here's a question for everyone: Had Casey Anthony been found "not guilty" on the four lying charges, would you still be clamoring for her to go back and re-serve probation on her felony counts?

Yup, I would be- I am a convicted felon who served probation the honest way and resent the thought of this woman who was convicted of several check theft and fraud charges (let's forget the murder, lying etc. charges because her probation has nothing to do with those charges) being able to just waltz back into her life as it was before she committed these crimes. Getting out of jail isn't the end of your punishment, completing probation is. It's actually the hardest part of the whole thing.. behaving once your on *this* side of the bars again. this is how the system works.

We say our laws are universal, that our judicial system must follow the same laws but Florida, I dunno,:waitasec: they seem to be able to write their own add-on's as they see fit.

Yup!!

If she was given certification that she completed her probation and wished good luck, was she supposed to stand up and say "Are you sure?" I wouldn't have, I know that...

JMO, But it was reported that NBC was providing JB with very plush accomadations and Matt Lauer was seen dining with JB at an upscale restaurant.
Beyond that,JB plays fast and loose with the truth ,so why do an interview with a liar,and his OS was completely unethical,so why reward it with the attention he seeks?
That's why I (and I believe others) are upset that ANY station will pander to JB,CM or the Anthony family.

I was just wondering. If network TV boycotts all liars, unethical folks etc, there would not be many left to interview:floorlaugh:,

If she was given certification that she completed her probation and wished good luck, was she supposed to stand up and say "Are you sure?" I wouldn't have, I know that...

itA.. it's not her fault, it's the states

They can run all the numbers they want. What I've noticed is a few posters watch and report. Maybe bits of a transcript, a quote or a picture are discussed ,ad nauseum.But how many watched the actual broadcast ? How many sat through the commercials that pay for it all? Not nearly as many people as there are discussing it on the threads.
I haven't watched ABC or any of the Disney Channels since I learned they paid Casey $200,000. I haven't even watched NBC ,MSNBC (which I can't stand,anyway) or ANY of my local stations in at least 2 years.
My FIL's funeral was yesterday and there was a lot of local news discussion going on,and I realised I didn't miss it at all.I go to Wunderground.com for the weather.

Miss James so sorry about your FIL :(
Prayers for you and the whole family .

But could'nt he have declared a mistrial after reading the verdict, regardless?

I think HHJP also kept his eye on cost issues. A mistrial would not ensure a guilty verdict anyway, finding an impartial jury after that verdict would require to go to outer Mongolia. Plus more enormous cost to the FLA taxpayer for what, another possible NG. Really too much of a crapshoot.

Former Best Friend Has 'No Position' On Probation

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The victim in Casey Anthony's check fraud case says she has no interest in seeing Anthony forced to return to Orlando to serve a year of probation.

Click Like For Casey Anthony Updates:

An attorney for Amy Huizenga, the former prosecution witness in Casey Anthony's murder trial, who at one time considered Anthony a trusted confidante, says she's moved on.

"Amy has no position," her attorney told WESH 2 News. "The case is behind her."<snipped>

<snipped>State Attorney Lawson Lamar's spokesman told WESH 2 News Lamar's office also will not argue for probation at Friday's hearing because he feels it would be double jeopardy against Anthony.

"She's already served what the state required her to do. She's already done," said spokesman Randy Means.

Hornsby said that makes Judge Belvin Perry's decision easier.

"Judge Perry's job is pretty simple. If no one else thinks it should be enforced, then why should I do that?" said Hornsby.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28768591/detail.html#ixzz1U5w2pCYE

Looks like she very likely will get out of this jam just like everything else. What else is new?

If the DOC didn't have a probation officer meet me while in prison and didn't give me something that stated that I had effectively completed said probation, then yes I would expect to do probation as to what the order said. But getting that 'completion' statement would lead me to believe that I had did the probation.
Its really easy to say concerning we arent the ones that are made to do the probation the way it was intended but KA got one visit in a jail cell. Hardly seems fair or just. I keep hearing about KA constitutional rights what about the others constitutional rights.

Do not recall CA paying her back thought BOA did though.

Yes, and if you remember Baez sent a cheque or MO to the BOA and when the charges came up, said what's the big deal - it's been paid back.

I have nothing to base this on ,so it's pure speculation,but I can't help but feel there's a good ole boys thing going on.
JB was schooled regularly by HHJP,but CM just got chuckles from HH. I don't even think it's necessarily a conscious thing,perhaps subconsciously HH leans toward the defense. He also included JA in JB's admonishmonts when I felt JA had every right to be complaining.
That incident when JA started to speak ,then said "I'll wait till counsel has finished texting" was not a cheap shot,IMO. It was factual.JB was NOT paying attention to a very important argument. I really did not understand why HH got so nasty with JA. Hindsight being 20/20 , I now have my suspicions.
We were all cheering that the DT got "STUCK" with a much tougher judge than Stan Strickland,but now I wonder if CM had this in his pocket all along :waitasec:

Agree 100%. CM got nothing more than a laugh from Perry as he made threats about appeals, demands, insisted on moving the table, etc. And he got his way. And the SA died a death of a thousand cuts as the DT did the lying, the cradling, labeling FCA a "child", etc. Now with this non-probation idiocy we really see it come to fruition.

We are expected to exult and honor the legal system/officers of the court...yet no one seems to know what's going on with something as straight forward as probation?? Sorry but respect has to be earned imo and they haven't come close.

The sad part is the SA does not intend to ask for probation either. IF they even attend. So sad.

Former Best Friend Has 'No Position' On Probation

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The victim in Casey Anthony's check fraud case says she has no interest in seeing Anthony forced to return to Orlando to serve a year of probation.

Click Like For Casey Anthony Updates:

An attorney for Amy Huizenga, the former prosecution witness in Casey Anthony's murder trial, who at one time considered Anthony a trusted confidante, says she's moved on.

"Amy has no position," her attorney told WESH 2 News. "The case is behind her."<snipped>

<snipped>State Attorney Lawson Lamar's spokesman told WESH 2 News Lamar's office also will not argue for probation at Friday's hearing because he feels it would be double jeopardy against Anthony.

"She's already served what the state required her to do. She's already done," said spokesman Randy Means.

Hornsby said that makes Judge Belvin Perry's decision easier.

"Judge Perry's job is pretty simple. If no one else thinks it should be enforced, then why should I do that?" said Hornsby.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28768591/detail.html#ixzz1U5w2pCYE

Looks like she very likely will get out of this jam just like everything else. What else is new?

absolutely. thank you for this post. this is so right. sorry, i love the constitution and i would not want ANYONE'S constitutional rights violated. mistake or not. murderer or not. if this kind of thing starts happening, it could happen to any of us and i am just not okay with that. jmo.

I believe probation would be good for her too, but if the system says she has already served that probation (whether it was correct or not) than that's on the people running the system, not Casey Anthony. I'd feel that way no matter who it was, not just her. If the people running the place produced a piece of paper saying she served her probation, you can go on your way, etc, etc, then so be it. They are the ones that didn't read the order correctly. But you can't go back and say you want a do-over now.

I agree with you as it applies to Casey, however, Baez knew from day 1 , it was in violation and in error of the Judge's ruling(that he agreed to) on the previous day.
That is IMO, unethical behavior from an attorney and an officer of the court which are held to higher ethical standards than Casey.
May be that is why he did not file the motion to vacate the probation motion from Judge Strickland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$