IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something in the Spierer's interview which really struck me. When her dad said, "Lauren, your, your....", her mom chimed in VERY quickly and abruptly (with a strong hint of sarcasm IMO), "FRIEND". What struck me about this is that I almost felt as though she was calling out a very close friend. Would those who know more about these relationships say that LS and JR were very close? I know that they were friends, but I seem to recall that he was really more of a friend to HT and that LS kind of hung out with them. I get the feeling that LS spent most of her time previously with JW. I'm now questioning if CS was speaking more to JR, given what I felt to be a sarcastic tone. IMO, it appeared that she was talking more to HT. I've always believed that HT knows at least a bit more than what she's publicly shared and it's odd to me that she was Miss Blabber Mouth, then just seemed to completely shut up abruptly. Now, I'm wondering if she knows a WHOLE lot more than she's shared and perhaps LS's parents believe that too.

There was something in the Spierer's interview which really struck me. When her dad said, "Lauren, your, your....", her mom chimed in VERY quickly and abruptly (with a strong hint of sarcasm IMO), "FRIEND". What struck me about this is that I almost felt as though she was calling out a very close friend. Would those who know more about these relationships say that LS and JR were very close? I know that they were friends, but I seem to recall that he was really more of a friend to HT and that LS kind of hung out with them. I get the feeling that LS spent most of her time previously with JW. I'm now questioning if CS was speaking more to JR, given what I felt to be a sarcastic tone. IMO, it appeared that she was talking more to HT. I've always believed that HT knows at least a bit more than what she's publicly shared and it's odd to me that she was Miss Blabber Mouth, then just seemed to completely shut up abruptly. Now, I'm wondering if she knows a WHOLE lot more than she's shared and perhaps LS's parents believe that too.

Possibilities:

(1) HT was jealous of the attention being paid to LS by JR/CR/someone else? She called JW and told him --- something --- out of vindictiveness? Could such a scenario have led to a crime of passion?

OR (2) she knows something else all together. Maybe LS is an adult runaway, and HT knows exactly where she is, but will not tell for some deeply felt reason. She thinks that she is doing moral good.

OR (3) she doesn't know anything. She is a very open and emotional person, and honestly has nothing to say.

JMO: 3 is mostly likely true.

Gabby, are you referring to the HT video or another one? Do you know at about what point Mr. Spierer says, "Your, your . . .?" Thanks

Indiana passed a three strikes law in 2004.

"Strike zone defined. The strike zone--what constitutes a strike and under what conditions-- varies from State to State. There are some constants--violent felonies such as murder, rape, robbery, arson, aggravated assault, and carjacking are typically included as strike offenses in such legislation. But States have included other charges, such as the following:
o In Indiana--the sale of drugs."

"What it means to be 'out.' Finally, States differ as to what sanction will be imposed when sufficient strikes have accumulated. Mandatory life sentences with no possibility of parole are imposed when a person is out in Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.[20]

Excerpted from: https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles/165369.txt
Emphasis mine

All that said, I don't think any of these kids who are POI's had two strikes against them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I honestly feel like the sarcastic "friend" could be directed at almost anyone in this case.

Hi! I'm a new poster but I've been reading the whole time. Thought I'd share something I keep wrestling with...what was the status of LS and JWs relationship the night of June 2nd?

Were they planning to see each other later that night after the game or to hang out on Friday?

IF the plan was to get together later that night...do you think sometime between 12:30 (when LS left SW) & 2:30 (when JW went to sleep) LS and JW talked/texted & decided to cancel? Otherwise, IMO its unlikely a boyfriend of 2 years would not have gone to SW &/or the bars to look for her.

Unless they had decided to break up (since he had graduated which usually means getting a job & leaving the college lifestyle behind & relocating to a new city, etc. Or break up for other reasons). So maybe this was a new experience for both of them (to give each other their freedom).

I do not have a conclusion on what happened that night... I do think that whole dynamic of the senior graduating and leaving behind his younger girlfriend is an interesting dynamic & believe they must have had conversations about it & how they intended to handle it. Whatever they decided would seem to either justify or raise questions about JW going to sleep (IF they planned to see each other that night).

Thoughts?

How about that for a rambling first post?

Mergatroid, welcome out of lurkdom! :great:

You have Kept up. I think your first point is a good one (i dont recall it being offered up before either). It is certainly possible.

I'm glad you bring up the second point too. I've thought about this off and on based on my own experience. It is a challenging transition for young adult relationships. I don't see how it could not be a factor in their relationship woes but to what extent I sure don't know.

Come back more often. :seeya:

What a beautiful girl and she was a precious child. I hope and pray they find the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

I cant bring myself to look at the pictures. Maybe another day. Im sure she was precious.

Could it be they hesitated "your, your..." and wanted to say boyfriend? Yet, inserted "friend," because they knew more of what was going on in their relationship that we do?

Hi! I'm a new poster but I've been reading the whole time. Thought I'd share something I keep wrestling with...what was the status of LS and JWs relationship the night of June 2nd?

Were they planning to see each other later that night after the game or to hang out on Friday?

IF the plan was to get together later that night...do you think sometime between 12:30 (when LS left SW) & 2:30 (when JW went to sleep) LS and JW talked/texted & decided to cancel? Otherwise, IMO its unlikely a boyfriend of 2 years would not have gone to SW &/or the bars to look for her.

Unless they had decided to break up (since he had graduated which usually means getting a job & leaving the college lifestyle behind & relocating to a new city, etc. Or break up for other reasons). So maybe this was a new experience for both of them (to give each other their freedom).

I do not have a conclusion on what happened that night... I do think that whole dynamic of the senior graduating and leaving behind his younger girlfriend is an interesting dynamic & believe they must have had conversations about it & how they intended to handle it. Whatever they decided would seem to either justify or raise questions about JW going to sleep (IF they planned to see each other that night).

Thoughts?

How about that for a rambling first post?

Welcome! :) It was rumored that LS had refriended JW on Facebook, possibly in the days before she disappeared. I think he thanked her (on FB) for friending him?

And someone, supposedly JW's roommate, posted on another forum that JW was staying in Bton (although he had already graduated), so he and LS could drive back to NY together after she finished her class at Ivy Tech.

I'm just looking through some of the pictures again, then started focusing on the road works - what type of road works were they doing? Was any sort of foundation work being done or cement being laid out?

I see CS being quick, not abrupt, in her reply and I see a somewhat pained smile on her face, not sarcasm, after she says "friend".

Since I didn't notice anything beyond face value in the recent video when CS filled in the word "friend" for her husband, I watched it again. IMO RS was simply trying to come up with a collective word that would address all students returning for the fall, most of whom don't know her personally. Saying a string of words to fit all levels of a relationship is difficult in the moment and "co-student" as he said fits the situation but it doesn't communicate warmth befitting LS.

I just don't think they are using this video to send "coded" messages to POI. It has a different quality to it that.

I see CS being quick, not abrupt, in her reply and I see a somewhat pained smile on her face, not sarcasm, after she says "friend".

Since I didn't notice anything beyond face value in the recent video when CS filled in the word "friend" for her husband, I watched it again. IMO RS was simply trying to come up with a collective word that would address all students returning for the fall, most of whom don't know her personally. Saying a string of words to fit all levels of a relationship is difficult in the moment and "co-student" as he said fits the situation but it doesn't communicate warmth befitting LS.

I just don't think they are using this video to send "coded" messages to POI. It has a different quality to it that.

I thought she was trying to keep RS from saying something more inflammatory. ;)

Do you have a link? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member