GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that Buford will be questioning him as a matter of cross-examination, and the questioning
would be limited to the evidence presented by the DA. I think the only way he could question him
outside of this scope would be to call him as a hostile witness, but I don't know if that's even possible here.
Even then, I think it would have to be limited to the DA's presented evidence or
actual evidence the defense presents.

Keep in mind all that is nothing more than my taking a logical stab at an answer,
based on my very limited knowledge of legal proceedings. :)

:eek:fftobed:

I thought it was interesting that he mentions he doesn't have his CCW (concealed carry permit). GMD mentioned he had a "license" for all of his guns in one of the news articles, which I assumed meant he had a CCW (not the same thing but this is obviously coming from a woman who knows nothing about guns or carry laws). I guess he could have gotten his CCW since this was posted on 10/05/10, but maybe not. Just a thought I had.

When you go to get your CCW in GA, they ask you if you've had any history of mental illness. I dont know how this is verified (or if it is), but I wonder if that may have had anything to do with his reluctance to get his CCW.

about what I bolded: nowadays, they ask you that when you go to renew your GA driver's license!

What about the fitness for bar though? If he had anything in his past that even hinted at a prior crime or mental instability, would that prohibit him from even taking the bar exam? Unless it were of a juvenile nature which was expunged after he turned 18? Maybe one of our Attorneys can chime in here.

Don't know for absolute certain, but I'd guess that having had treatment for a psychiatric condition would NOT be an automatic disqualifier.

Yes, Smooth! Very scary to me that there are people on boards talking so violently. And now I wonder about my freaking neighbor. He is quiet as a mouse. Young, goes to work every day religiously, but when he comes home. Total silence. He MUST be online. Maybe just a gamer but it frightens me that these guys who spend so much time online in some fantasy realm lose their sense of reality. They become more and more anti-social and intolerant and take on a persona.
A wholly different subset of people. And it seems they try to outdo each other.

Sorry, I am rambling....very tired. Watching several threads tonight including Hurricane Irene.
Goodnight all.

about bolding: Egads, sounds like us on a bad day!!! (Just kidding)

Good morning all...

OK I even dreamed about this case last night. :( I did have another thought though. That commenter on Macon.com mentioned he was on a few forums SMD was on right? So, I think that means the other forum(s) were similar, something like 4Chan. Is there another "chan"? And he must have either used the same username or knew this guy personally. I'm leaning towards him using the same user name.

On the other hand, maybe he meant different forums within OpChan. I noticed SMD posted on several different boards on that site (Talk, Weapons, etc).

I have nothing productive to add to the conversation, minus that I'm absolutely sickened by his posts. He makes my skin crawl. I am creeped out that I walked the same halls every day with this soulless creep.
That is the word that come to the top of my mind now when I think about McD, even before you posted this - creep. That about sums him up best in one word

Wow. HUGE thumbs up to MaconMom for hunting this down, and to SuperSlueth for putting her on the scent! After reading almost all of the links, I had a few thoughts:

1. The frequency and extent of his posts on this site, not to mention whatever other sites he may have visited, indicated just how consumed he was by all of this. These posts (particularly the "fictional" story) weren't just some off-the-cuff hypotheticals, but rather the product of some serious thought. Also, as some of you have pointed out, some of the posts were very recent. I was struck by the amount of time he dedicated to this given the pressing need to get work done and prepare for class during the school year, and more recently, to study for the bar. At first, I tried to imagine how much down time I spent doing other things and compare that to McDaniel's posts, but I still can't imagine having this much free time. Most of my decompressing was spent hanging out with friends on the weekends and maybe an occasional dinner and a few drinks during the week. Other than that, I really didn't have a whole lot of time for doing much else, although the work load does lighten significantly by the third year. That he obviously spent a lot of time thinking about this and then posting about it, given the pressures of studying and attending class, tells me a lot about just how deeply he thought about it.

2. When trying to compare, I also thought about how lots of us, some more frequently than others, would browse the internet in order to zone out in class and between classes, which then made me think about Mercer IT. At the beginning of law school, Mercer gave us all laptops. If ever anything went wrong with the laptop, we would just take it upstairs to the IT guys and have them fix it for us. This was particularly an issue around exam time, as most of us took exams on the computer. I think this may be the reason McDaniel kept his secrets on the flash drive. If I'm remembering correctly, the IT guys could also monitor students' web use/e-mails in order to prevent the spread of viruses, etc.

You think maybe he boasts a bit much? Showing how he handles tough guys. And maybe not handling it at all.

If he is Schizotypal, he definitely has some other "angry stuff" mixed in. I might be backing out the Elf Language, novel and chainmail out of my "diagnosis."
What is a diagnosis of a good old fashion belief in "government conspiracy" with a full cup of social ineptness while stirring in some delusions of granduer?

After reading all of these ramblings from McD, all of the crazy in high school seemed to be a defense mechanism. Like a "joke" he was playing on all of the idiots around him that didn't appreciate his uniqueness and intelligence. I wish he had written about the novel he was working on and his elf language. He does seem to be very angry, paranoid, and narcissistic or something.

Here he is talking about the chain mail....and apparently he bought a bullet proof vest.
The chain mail seems to be protection from a random punch from a bully... or a stabbing, but not in a gang war. Good to know.
http://operatorchan.org/g/arch/res/23489+50.html

Here he is talking about the chain mail....and apparently he bought a bullet proof vest.
The chain mail seems to be protection from a random punch from a bully... or a stabbing, but not in a gang war. Good to know.
http://operatorchan.org/g/arch/res/23489+50.html

So it sounds like he wore the chainmail under his shirt. I just always assumed he wore it on top. Weird.. Maybe he was protecting himself from pen stabbings? :)

Wouldn't it be really HOT wearing chainmail under your clothing in the GA heat?

Also, after reading these posts on Operatorchan I can honestly see him really focusing in on MM and using the *advertiser censored* pictures to frame him. The images might have been for him, but he could have been using them in his master plan to take down the MM.

Did MM remind him of all the football/wrestling team members that tortured him?

I am not so sure that he did not make advances towards Lauren. She rebuffed him and he started to fixate on her male friends as some sort of payback. I am wondering if he watched and listened for people coming and going at her door. He, not being a social creature, confused that she could have male freinds that dropped her off at 2 AM and was not "doing the deed" with them. I think he probably kept a tight watch on her coming and goings and just assumed that because she didn't come home a night or two, that automatically meant that she was easy.
He never had the late night parties where someone had too much to drink and spent the night on the friend's couch...male or female. I am just not sure he would think you could innocently "not come home" because he did not have that experience in college.

He might have snapped and then started a plan to frame the MM. I think he could very well justify that in his head. He might have thought he was doing the world a service.

...and then again, he could feel totally insecure and powerless and domination of everyone, including children and women might have been a rush for him. Either way it is sick.

Attys, with all of this info, is Buford really searching out the "real" killer or is he saying "ok Son, let's make a deal?"

....and don't go into this, "well, if Buford is representing him, he thinks he is innocent."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nunyabiznazz