Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

i remember a interview with the owner of that land and he was going to allow this to be built on his land....
Hi and welcome to Websleuths! If you could kindly provide a direct link to that interview you either heard or read, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would assume that in addition to the zoning change and other permits, there would have to be environmental studies (gopher tortoise, scrub jay, etc).

Yep, there is so much involved in order to develop this land it could take years and years for approval or disapproval.. The phrase 'dreamers & schemers' comes to mind.

Regarding that softball tournament fundraiser:

The guy putting it on, Anthony Abramson played a role in another missing child case that was talked about on WS.

Found Deceased FL - Luis Martinez, 2, Valrico, 27 Nov 2009
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92117&page=8

And there are a number of news articles about him. Here is just one:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20091130/article/911301047

"Anthony Abramson, who along with his wife, Arlene, were among the search party that looked for Luis Friday and Saturday, lit candles at the memorial, set up only a few feet from where the child's body was found.

Abramson, of Valrico, said he helped organize the memorial Saturday night. He said he searched from 8 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday and started again at 6 a.m. and was there until they found the body that afternoon.

He said members of the community are giving donations to the family, including food, a bassinet and a microwave oven. ..."

Was this really uploaded by the realtor?
Read description too.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Kza5FT0Y"]Suburban Dr. vacant land - YouTube[/ame]

:waitasec:

A News Junkie-- I don't know how to quote, but thank you for posting the video. I hope everyone will look at the video. Look and see how there is nothing back there, but the school. The property is less that is for sale is less than a half acre of all those woods. I just want to cry everytime I think about how isolated it is and IMO a very good chance of another child being hurt or worse there. It may be a busy little park at the very beginning, but over time it will isolated again. I just cann't believe the county will ever allow a memorial there, because of the safety. Even if it was a foundation I trusted, I would have to voice my concerns to them about the safety.

posted by essies in our News thread:
"Fundraiser to benefit Caylee Anthony memorial
snip-

PLANT CITY --
A fundraising softball tournament is planned Sept. 17 and 18 to help finance a proposed memorial to Caylee Anthony.

The memorial, to be built on the spot in Orlando where Caylee's body was found in 2008, is planned by Bring Kids Home, a national organization for missing and abused children.

Anthony Abramson, a Valrico resident who works as an umpire for Plant City recreation leagues, is spearheading plans for the tournament at the Randy L. Larson Softball Four-Plex.

He is looking for men's and women's teams and co-ed teams to sign up to participate in the tournament. Teams can register for $200 each, with registration open through Sept. 12.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...ial-ar-254553/ "

----aren't there still zoning issues, homeowner's association approval issues, etc. with this planned "memorial" walkway??? torrential swamp and flooding issues in that area on Hopespring dr.??? How are they raising $$ for something that has not even been approved yet??? is the above correct as I recall??
this nonsense is killing me. IMO, MOO, etc.

Oh boy. The words "softball" and "memorial" together only conjure up for me the memory of LA removing the flowers from in front of the As house while LE was still gathering up her bones. I thought WTH? WHy is he doing that? And is he playing softball at this time?

http://www.wftv.com/video/18279883/index.html

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post about their latest pie in the sky idea.

I wonder if they have actually talked to the landowner about purchasing this property?

I wonder when they will actually talk to the HOA?

I wonder when they plan to talk to the zoning board?

I wonder if they have consulted with Disney about the trademark of Winnie the Pooh and his friends?

I wonder if they have calculated the cost for any of this?

I wonder how they are going to disguise the swamp stench?

I wonder what will happen if a tropical storm goes through and drops a lot of rain in that area?

I wonder how they are going to snake proof this walkway so the snakes won't be able to climb up out of the swamp water to sun themselves?

I wonder how this memorial is going to ease any child's mind?

Maybe I just wonder too much!

I wonder if they are even from Florida? Those cables will blow down the first time a storm comes through! Not to mention, how are they going to keep the vegetation from growing over it? It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I bet it won't last long when it's actually done.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post about their latest pie in the sky idea.

I wonder if they have actually talked to the landowner about purchasing this property?

I wonder when they will actually talk to the HOA?

I wonder when they plan to talk to the zoning board?

I wonder if they have consulted with Disney about the trademark of Winnie the Pooh and his friends?

I wonder if they have calculated the cost for any of this?

I wonder how they are going to disguise the swamp stench?

I wonder what will happen if a tropical storm goes through and drops a lot of rain in that area?

I wonder how they are going to snake proof this walkway so the snakes won't be able to climb up out of the swamp water to sun themselves?

I wonder how this memorial is going to ease any child's mind?

Maybe I just wonder too much!

IMO they are too busy counting the $$$ to be concerned with the mundane items on the to-do list.

Was this really uploaded by the realtor?
Read description too.

:waitasec:
If one Googles the user name 10802tpratt, one could get the distinct impression that the user is a teenager. Now, that's just my opinion but it fits what I think is at least partially going on with this Bring Kids Home group.
Some of the other places the user uploaded that video to, on the same day, were places like: http://scifiworld.net/Vacant+Land/; http://vidgrids.com/creative-ventures;
http://www.harfordrealestatevids.com/profile/10802tpratt;
http://britv.com/video/aZ9Kza5FT0Y/Suburban-Dr-vacant-land.html;
http://yourvideophone.com/videos/view.php?id=aZ9Kza5FT0Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Are those the kinds of places a legitimate realtor would upload a land for sale video to? The harford one maybe, but its in Maryland.

A News Junkie-- I don't know how to quote, but thank you for posting the video. I hope everyone will look at the video. Look and see how there is nothing back there, but the school. The property is less that is for sale is less than a half acre of all those woods. I just want to cry everytime I think about how isolated it is and IMO a very good chance of another child being hurt or worse there. It may be a busy little park at the very beginning, but over time it will isolated again. I just cann't believe the county will ever allow a memorial there, because of the safety. Even if it was a foundation I trusted, I would have to voice my concerns to them about the safety.

Hi ohreally. If you want to quote a post, just look to the bottom right of the the post you wish to respond to. You'll see a Quote icon. Click on that and you will see a box with the post you wish to respond to.Just type you comments in this box and submit.Thanks for your comments.

Hi ohreally. If you want to quote a post, just look to the bottom right of the the post you wish to respond to. You'll see a Quote icon. Click on that and you will see a box with the post you wish to respond to.Just type you comments in this box and submit.Thanks for your comments.

Thank you Ranch. Testing. I learn something new everyday, and so easy. I was afraid to try.

Thank you Ranch. Testing. I learn something new everyday, and so easy. I was afraid to try.

Your welcome. Sometimes you should just go for it.

Has anyone seen the new page at the BKH's website? It seems plans are expanding as there is now a phase ll-but I wonder how the HOA is reacting to their plans!!:waitasec:
snip
Upon crossing the boardwalk visitors arrive at the center platform of six pines trees, a common gathering spot for Winnie the Pooh and friends. The center of the platform is cut out at the location of where Caylee was discovered and preserved as a reflection pool and water wall. A 31' diameter ring (representing days missing) provides a barrier from the reflection pool and is composed of glass. The glass ring is suspended in the air by cables and illuminated at night to create the illusion from a distance of a halo floating in the woods. A segment of the path in front of the halo is only 36" wide allowing for visitors to circulate around the halo one at a time. Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children. The entire project is composed of 1042 planks of wood symbolizing the number of days Caylee was alive and 340 glass disks representing the number of other missing children that need our help finding their way home
Bring Kids Home is looking to purchase the parcel across the street from the Memorial for parking and a playground; that is Phase II.
http://www.bringkidshome.org/design.htm
ETA-Here's he link to the story about the softball charity event as my link didn't seem to work before.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...to-benefit-caylee-anthony-memorial-ar-254553/

bbm above,
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?? Are You Kidding Me?? How does the fact that Caylee's poor little body was thrown in this swamp area like trash to have her eaten and her bones gnawed on and scattered around by the wood animals, how does that show anyone THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR OTHER MISSING CHILDREN???? What hope was there for Caylee?? NONE AT ALL!!

I do not get this at all. Why are no local FL media looking into this "foundation" as others have said??? What are they going to do with the $$ they raise?? They will have to raise so much $$ to even get this project started, it is a complete waste of $$ to me. They will spend over $1 million, maybe much much more, why not donate that $$ to other foundations and charities and search organizations already looking for missing children?? this whole thing is NUTS to me!! I just cannot understand this craziness. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

They can't use anything Pooh related until they get permission from the entity (be it Disney or the Trust) that holds copyright, on top of paying the appropriate copyright fees to use the Pooh aspect.

I know I am repeating myself, but seriously: a glowing halo over where Caylee was found in the woods is suppose to help the 900 kids that pass by there everyday? I guarantee you that it is going to freak more kids out due to the eerie glow, rather than "help" them.

The softball tournament: is this recent? if so, that is an awfully short time to put together a decent size tournament.

They can't use anything Pooh related until they get permission from the entity (be it Disney or the Trust) that holds copyright, on top of paying the appropriate copyright fees to use the Pooh aspect.

I know I am repeating myself, but seriously: a glowing halo over where Caylee was found in the woods is suppose to help the 900 kids that pass by there everyday? I guarantee you that it is going to freak more kids out due to the eerie glow, rather than "help" them.

The softball tournament: is this recent? if so, that is an awfully short time to put together a decent size tournament.

No, not recent. He's posted about it on FB for at least a month, maybe more.

bbm above,
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?? Are You Kidding Me?? How does the fact that Caylee's poor little body was thrown in this swamp area like trash to have her eaten and her bones gnawed on and scattered around by the wood animals, how does that show anyone THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR OTHER MISSING CHILDREN???? What hope was there for Caylee?? NONE AT ALL!!

I do not get this at all. Why are no local FL media looking into this "foundation" as others have said??? What are they going to do with the $$ they raise?? They will have to raise so much $$ to even get this project started, it is a complete waste of $$ to me. They will spend over $1 million, maybe much much more, why not donate that $$ to other foundations and charities and search organizations already looking for missing children?? this whole thing is NUTS to me!! I just cannot understand this craziness. :maddening::maddening::maddening:
Everytime I see a news article about BKH whether it's on Orlando local news or the Sentinel I think the viewing audience is left with the impression that media has given this group their stamp of approval.
They should be doing some investigative reporting or is that a thing of the past? It seems lately they only repeat whatever they are told and take it as gospel.
As far as BKH's description of their plans, it's all silly gibberish. MOO

bbm above,

Let's hope it doesn't mean that there is hope a child will be found in the same condition as Caylee was found. It certainly is a poor choice of words knowing what actually happened to Caylee. It appears that portion was pulled from some other missing children's site where a child was found safe. It makes no sense at all and, frankly, it's offensive. jmo

First off, I think this is a total scam but assuming this memorial is legit. Caylee was thrown away in trash bags like trash. Some of her bones are still out there. Let her RIP. I've seen video of people walking through the swampy area up to their ankles. Disgusting. This isn't some kind of freak show.

IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie