Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

I'm almost sorry they took it off, I wanted her to see that nobody is interested in her stinky old sweater.

What's next? Authentic CA pre-chewed gum?

Maybe used tissues. She used oodles of those :floorlaugh:

Maybe used tissues. She used oodles of those :floorlaugh:

Oh I think it will be a book of personal writings from the trial.
legalpad-1.jpg

"All used clothing items must include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned."
No need to fret .... Cindy would've seen to that.

I'm almost sorry they took it off, I wanted her to see that nobody is interested in her stinky old sweater.

What's next? Authentic CA pre-chewed gum?

P7160055.jpg

Genuine wad of chewed gum and used kleenex from a couple of "spectators" at the Casey Anthony Trial Summer of 2011!! Just Joking!!:fence:

posted by essies in our News thread:
"Fundraiser to benefit Caylee Anthony memorial
snip-

PLANT CITY --
A fundraising softball tournament is planned Sept. 17 and 18 to help finance a proposed memorial to Caylee Anthony.

The memorial, to be built on the spot in Orlando where Caylee's body was found in 2008, is planned by Bring Kids Home, a national organization for missing and abused children.

Anthony Abramson, a Valrico resident who works as an umpire for Plant City recreation leagues, is spearheading plans for the tournament at the Randy L. Larson Softball Four-Plex.

He is looking for men's and women's teams and co-ed teams to sign up to participate in the tournament. Teams can register for $200 each, with registration open through Sept. 12.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...ial-ar-254553/ "

----aren't there still zoning issues, homeowner's association approval issues, etc. with this planned "memorial" walkway??? torrential swamp and flooding issues in that area on Hopespring dr.??? How are they raising $$ for something that has not even been approved yet??? is the above correct as I recall??
this nonsense is killing me. IMO, MOO, etc.

snip-

PLANT CITY --
A fundraising softball tournament is planned Sept. 17 and 18 to help finance a proposed memorial to Caylee Anthony.

The memorial, to be built on the spot in Orlando where Caylee's body was found in 2008, is planned by Bring Kids Home, a national organization for missing and abused children.

Anthony Abramson, a Valrico resident who works as an umpire for Plant City recreation leagues, is spearheading plans for the tournament at the Randy L. Larson Softball Four-Plex.

He is looking for men's and women's teams and co-ed teams to sign up to participate in the tournament. Teams can register for $200 each, with registration open through Sept. 12.

----aren't there still zoning issues, homeowner's association approval issues, etc. with this planned "memorial" walkway??? torrential swamp and flooding issues in that area on Hopespring dr.??? How are they raising $$ for something that has not even been approved yet??? is the above correct as I recall??

Isn't property ownership the first step they should be worrying about?
Do we have any proof that they have even bought the land yet?

aren't they taking the cart before the horse here????? :maddening::maddening: (as Ann Finnell would say........)

No, they apparently haven't yet closed on the property. And I just checked the Orange County Property Appraiser's website: http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx##

The thing is, if they have a contract on the property that specifies zoning and approvals must be gotten prior to the property closing date, then the current owner must go before the OC boards to get that rezoning approval (and any other approvals).

If their contract for purchase doesn't specify that, then they'd go ahead and close and then seek the approvals. So...I'm assuming that their contract specifies that the rezoning and various approvals (homeowner's association?) be obtained prior to closing. Perhaps that is why they don't yet own it.

snip-

PLANT CITY --

I saw this posted on Facebook a while back but didn't post it because it was on FB and I wasn't sure it was actually sponsored by BKH.
I also clicked on the FB page for this raffle and saw that they were going to ask the St Pete Times to carry the info for this fundraiser.

PS...apparently there is more than one FB page for this org. They keep changing pages.

Has anyone seen the new page at the BKH's website? It seems plans are expanding as there is now a phase ll-but I wonder how the HOA is reacting to their plans!!:waitasec:
snip
Upon crossing the boardwalk visitors arrive at the center platform of six pines trees, a common gathering spot for Winnie the Pooh and friends. The center of the platform is cut out at the location of where Caylee was discovered and preserved as a reflection pool and water wall. A 31' diameter ring (representing days missing) provides a barrier from the reflection pool and is composed of glass. The glass ring is suspended in the air by cables and illuminated at night to create the illusion from a distance of a halo floating in the woods. A segment of the path in front of the halo is only 36" wide allowing for visitors to circulate around the halo one at a time. Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children. The entire project is composed of 1042 planks of wood symbolizing the number of days Caylee was alive and 340 glass disks representing the number of other missing children that need our help finding their way home
Bring Kids Home is looking to purchase the parcel across the street from the Memorial for parking and a playground; that is Phase II.
http://www.bringkidshome.org/design.htm
ETA-Here's he link to the story about the softball charity event as my link didn't seem to work before.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...to-benefit-caylee-anthony-memorial-ar-254553/

Attachments

• Design%20C.jpg
    Design%20C.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
  • caylee memorial.png
    caylee memorial.png
    505.6 KB · Views: 11
IMO, it doesn't matter if they are in phase II or phase XXII, until they have a Deed in their hands they can't put anything in front of the HOA, the zoning board, or anyone else. They don't own the land on Suburban, they are taking people's money for something that will most likely never materialize.
Bring Kids Home is putting the cart before the horse and I'm afraid many people will be out mucho $$$ in the long run. MOO

Has anyone seen the new page at the BKH's website? It seems plans are expanding as there is now a phase ll-but I wonder how the HOA is reacting to their plans!!:waitasec:
snip
Upon crossing the boardwalk visitors arrive at the center platform of six pines trees, a common gathering spot for Winnie the Pooh and friends. The center of the platform is cut out at the location of where Caylee was discovered and preserved as a reflection pool and water wall. A 31' diameter ring (representing days missing) provides a barrier from the reflection pool and is composed of glass. The glass ring is suspended in the air by cables and illuminated at night to create the illusion from a distance of a halo floating in the woods. A segment of the path in front of the halo is only 36" wide allowing for visitors to circulate around the halo one at a time. Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children. The entire project is composed of 1042 planks of wood symbolizing the number of days Caylee was alive and 340 glass disks representing the number of other missing children that need our help finding their way home
Bring Kids Home is looking to purchase the parcel across the street from the Memorial for parking and a playground; that is Phase II.
http://www.bringkidshome.org/design.htm
ETA-Here's he link to the story about the softball charity event as my link didn't seem to work before.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...to-benefit-caylee-anthony-memorial-ar-254553/

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post about their latest pie in the sky idea.

I wonder if they have actually talked to the landowner about purchasing this property?

I wonder when they will actually talk to the HOA?

I wonder when they plan to talk to the zoning board?

I wonder if they have consulted with Disney about the trademark of Winnie the Pooh and his friends?

I wonder if they have calculated the cost for any of this?

I wonder how they are going to disguise the swamp stench?

I wonder what will happen if a tropical storm goes through and drops a lot of rain in that area?

I wonder how they are going to snake proof this walkway so the snakes won't be able to climb up out of the swamp water to sun themselves?

I wonder how this memorial is going to ease any child's mind?

Maybe I just wonder too much!

:waitasec: Seems to me " Hundred Aker Woods" would be a copyright violation (seeing lots of places using this, so maybe not) .......
So looking for the copyright -- look what I found!
http://caylees100akerwoods.com/?p=28
and of course - a facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caylees-100-AKER-Woods/219207544798546?sk=wall&ref=nf

Possibly unrelated..........

A photo album with pics from the birthday memorial :waitasec:
http://www.4caylee.com/Photo-Album....ial_Site_Caylee_Anthony_6th_Birthday_Memorial
This groups about page: http://www.4caylee.com/About-Us.php

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post about their latest pie in the sky idea.

I wonder if they have actually talked to the landowner about purchasing this property?

I wonder when they will actually talk to the HOA?

I wonder when they plan to talk to the zoning board?

I wonder if they have consulted with Disney about the trademark of Winnie the Pooh and his friends?

I wonder if they have calculated the cost for any of this?

I wonder how they are going to disguise the swamp stench?

I wonder what will happen if a tropical storm goes through and drops a lot of rain in that area?

I wonder how they are going to snake proof this walkway so the snakes won't be able to climb up out of the swamp water to sun themselves?

I wonder how this memorial is going to ease any child's mind?

Maybe I just wonder too much!

I wonder who will be keeping up the liability insurance on this property?

I wonder whose name the propety will be under?

I wonder who will provide security? (a swamp is a swamp and children know to stay away because of snakes, bugs, etc. but this is an event that will draw children into it who will protect them from predators).

This property is already listed as HOA property so I imagine it belongs to the developer and he would be happy to unload it, but for a price. What surprises me is that the local media has not investigated what they are trying to do here and either put their stamp of approval or issue a warning to citizens to be aware this foundation has no money. jmo

i remember a interview with the owner of that land and he was going to allow this to be built on his land....

I wonder who will be keeping up the liability insurance on this property?

I wonder whose name the propety will be under?

I wonder who will provide security? (a swamp is a swamp and children know to stay away because of snakes, bugs, etc. but this is an event that will draw children into it who will protect them from predators).

This property is already listed as HOA property so I imagine it belongs to the developer and he would be happy to unload it, but for a price. What surprises me is that the local media has not investigated what they are trying to do here and either put their stamp of approval or issue a warning to citizens to be aware this foundation has no money. jmo

Not to mention how expensive it is to build on swamp land. Do they have engineering plans for the extensive drainage system required?

Who is going to pay the electric bill for the lighting and the maintenance of the reflection pool?

Looks like the 'memorial' is for missing children. Caylee was never missing. FCA's defense conceded that point already. At least get the name right, 'A memorial for children killed by their mother'.

IMO

i remember a interview with the owner of that land and he was going to allow this to be built on his land....

Welcome aboard. The owner may have said that but he is not the final deciding factor on what can be built on this land.

Welcome aboard. The owner may have said that but he is not the final deciding factor on what can be built on this land.

I would assume that in addition to the zoning change and other permits, there would have to be environmental studies (gopher tortoise, scrub jay, etc).

Do you remember which newspaper/tv news did this interview? I would love to see it. If the owner was in agreement for this fantasy land to be built then I guess he would needs tons of liability insurance in order to protect himself.
Thanks and Welcome to WS.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316