Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

RE: How Large is Bring Kids Home?

I hope they let the world know when they have achieved their goal of having volunteers in all 52 states.

So comforting to now know that ALL THEIR SENIOR VOLUNTEERS pass an FBI background check to insure they have no criminal convictions and are approved to work with youth in their state.

Hmmmm. How does one go about getting an FBI background check done exactly? FBI? Really?

And, what exactly are these SENIOR volunteers going to be doing with what youth? Mentoring? Counseling? Why? What does Bring Kids Home offer that other more established groups with track records doesn't offer? Other established groups who have named people associated with it. Who are these SENIOR volunteers and where are they? I understand there is that 'pastor'. Let's see the FBI check on him. How often does the FBI run background checks on Amway sales people?

Why is this whole operation so UNDERCOVER and becoming increasingly so every time they redo their FAQs pages?

Well, silly me, of course anyone can get an FBI background check done.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/backgroundchk

Oh wait! Its very very complicated with dozens of pieces of paperwork to fill out, and I am not even sure that I for example could get an FBI background check done on someone who volunteers for my charity group. Well, someone else can figure it out. I am fairly certain the claims of background checks on all SENIOR VOLUNTEERS is bogus.

So comforting to now know that ALL THEIR SENIOR VOLUNTEERS pass an FBI background check to insure they have no criminal convictions and are approved to work with youth in their state.

..so the senior volunteers (once cleared by the FBI of course) can work with youth...??

..b/c according to their "Guidlines" volunteers aren't to go anywhere near them..

http://bringkidshome.org/volunteer.htm

[SIZE=-1]Volunteers are not to interact with minors, online or in person (when representing BKH).
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Volunteers submit a weekly activity report (a simple email is fine).[/SIZE]

Anyone who is giving counseling should be a licensed professional - a volunteer, perhaps, but not just anyone who signs up over the internet.
jmo

..so the senior volunteers (once cleared by the FBI of course) can work with youth...??

..b/c according to their "Guidlines" volunteers aren't to go anywhere near them..

[SIZE=-1]Volunteers are not to interact with minors, online or in person (when representing BKH).
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Volunteers submit a weekly activity report (a simple email is fine).[/SIZE]

What I'd like to know is why these people are not out volunteering for well known charities that are well established and considered more than worthy of public donations? Why would you try and take money away from these same charities who are doing and have been doing what your foundation is claiming you now want to do? If you were sincere you'd be helping/volunteering your time not try to take money away from worthwhile charities that have a tried and true record of doing some good.

Legitimate organizations have start up money usually donated to them by corporations to get them started because they are credible. Charities that have no money, have big ideas and expect the general public to pay for their way does not give me the warm fuzzies, if you know what I mean. jmo

[/SIZE]

So would that be a, gasp: lie, mistruth, misprint, scrivener's error, or are they just testing to get all the bugs out of their statements? jmo

Apparently, someone is trying to sell a sweater on ebay that they claim Casey wore during the trial. That, in itself, is bad enough but now I noticed this statement at the bottom of the page: "A portion of proceeds will be contributed to the Caylee Anthony Memorial park project." Bring Kids Home?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-S...ultDomain_0&hash=item43a971b69c#ht_500wt_1363

Yeah, and the sweater was worn EVERYDAY and hasn't been washed. GROSS. The part that really got me was $25 to ship it.

What delusion, I wouldn't want her stinky sweater for free.

Yeah, and the sweater was worn EVERYDAY and hasn't been washed. GROSS. The part that really got me was $25 to ship it.

What delusion, I wouldn't want her stinky sweater for free.
It's been ages since I bought or sold anything on ebay, so I may be remembering wrong.. I thought "used clothing" had to be laundered before selling? (I never sold clothing.. I only sold old postcards, books, record albums and stuff..)

It's been ages since I bought or sold anything on ebay, so I may be remembering wrong.. I thought "used clothing" had to be laundered before selling? (I never sold clothing.. I only sold old postcards, books, record albums and stuff..)

Am pretty sure , you are right about the laundering. Never sold clothing either. But I remember the ruckus on used underwear. So I looked it up on Ebay and you are right.
Snipped:
"All used clothing items must include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned".

Tks. Guess my next step is to contact Ebay to have it removed.
BTW , the 25 bucks shipping charges would probably include insurance for 5 grand.

Am pretty sure , you are right about the laundering. Never sold clothing either. But I remember the ruckus on used underwear. So I looked it up on Ebay and you are right.
Snipped:
"All used clothing items must include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned".

BTW , the 25 bucks shipping charges would probably include insurance for 5 grand.

$5000 for a used, stinky, stretched out cheap sweater....I'd ship the thing for free.

The thing is in Ocala, hmmm, wonder which member of the DT that could be?

Snipped:

AND......this entire listing "bothered" me just a "tiny bit".....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: UNDERSTATEMENT! :great::great:

here's another Ebay link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/used-clothing.html

BUT the key point "
Policy overview

Used clothing (except underwear) can be listed on eBay as long as it has been cleaned and the listing clearly states that the clothing is used."

PS: Ebay even has a specific policy on selling/listing "Adult only" stuff:

"Modeled clothing that includes any information about the person wearing the item can only be listed in the Adult Only category." :)floorlaugh: oh that statement is SO perfect for the felon's persona as displayed by her pre-trial party photos!)

and more specific to the issue,

"All used clothing items must include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned."

REPORTED BY THIS EBAY SHOPPER!

You all are so good. So now we have someone connected to the sweater out of Ocala giving a donation off the sweater to the memorial fund. Hmmmm
Interesting that they are still trying to get donations, but nothing in the news about thier progress in buying the land, or progress on the rezoning.

AND......this entire listing "bothered" me just a "tiny bit".....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: UNDERSTATEMENT! :great::great:

here's another Ebay link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/used-clothing.html

BUT the key point "
Policy overview

Used clothing (except underwear) can be listed on eBay as long as it has been cleaned and the listing clearly states that the clothing is used."

PS: Ebay even has a specific policy on selling/listing "Adult only" stuff:

"Modeled clothing that includes any information about the person wearing the item can only be listed in the Adult Only category." :)floorlaugh: oh that statement is SO perfect for the felon's persona as displayed by her pre-trial party photos!)

and more specific to the issue,

"All used clothing items must include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned."

REPORTED BY THIS EBAY SHOPPER!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I guess that is two Ebay policy violations so far and me thinks that the part of the listing that refers to a portion of the proceeds to go to the Caylee memorial walkway is a third violation of policy as it applies to non profit/donations.
snipped
" You're soliciting on behalf of recognized, tax-deductible charitable organizations (for example, 501(c)(3) or equivalent status with the IRS).

You receive advance written consent from the charitable organization for the solicitation—and include the following information in your listing:

A readable photo or scanned image of the written consent. (This proof can't be a link to a website.) The letter must be on the charity’s letterhead and signed by one of the organization's officers

The charity’s tax-deductibility status

Your name or eBay user ID, dates of event or listings, and the donation amount (percentage of the final sale price) you'll be donating if your item sells"
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fundraising.html

I also reported the auction to Ebay.
Let's keep the violations coming:woohoo::woohoo:

Wow! You guys are GOOD! lol..

It's good to know that my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was.. It's been several years since I did much on eBay besides follow links to items.. lol.. Good job on the reporting!
:yourock:

I'm almost sorry they took it off, I wanted her to see that nobody is interested in her stinky old sweater.

What's next? Authentic CA pre-chewed gum?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28
Back