NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUGE question is why it was not protocol to separate Corey and his father when being questioned?

What child in fear of his life would admit anything in front of his abuser?

And I don't believe any officer saw CG playing football with Corey, IMO.
A well-being check by LE isn't an interrogation.

Why on earth would a LE officer lie in his testimony about seeing CG and Corey playing football?

JMO

Wait - was the treadmill incident the same day that mom took him to the hospital? It couldn’t have been, right? Because he already had those injuries when she took him to the hospital. He told the doctors his injuries were from falling on the treadmill. I’m not so clear on the timeline. But I don’t think it was the same day. JMO
the videotaped incident was March 20. Mom took him in for evaluation/examination on April 1st during her visitation with Corey. At that point nobody had seen that video tape. The bruises from his repeated falls on March 20 were ostensibly still visible. No major issues were found on the hospital and doctor visits made on April 1.

The prosecution's theory of the case is that after Corey was dropped off on the morning of April 2, he suffered additional abuse at the hands of his father that caused his death that afternoon.

Throwing football passes at a child doesn't usually result in bruises, the kid catches it or batts it down in front of him as he learns. Wouldn't a real father stop playing a sport once the kid was bruised. A full size football is pretty big for a 4-6 year old. Better to start with kicking at a soccer ball like most kids in the world do. (Imo)

Last edited:
My understanding is the ME couldn't determine cause of death and did not rule it a homicide.

Why did the prosecution wait a year to have the autopsy re-examined? At which time it was changed to homicide.

Was it beacuse it took a year to see the treadmill video? Something happened to get LE interested again if it took a year to get a 2nd opinion which should have been done right away.

2 Cents

JMO but I think Gallucci nearly needed CPR or change of panties when the pros suggested that CG was possibly headed to Mexico. No further questions your honor.

Gregor defenders will be throwing a lot of hail marrys today.

Yes, defense looks a little stressed. I think CG turned back so he could pick up girl friend. Maybe only the fastest and closest airport available. Can't convince me that if he had not lost his car and cell phone he would have headed back home.

My understanding is the ME couldn't determine cause of death and did not rule it a homicide.

Why did the prosecution wait a year to have the autopsy re-examined? At which time it was changed to homicide.

Was it beacuse it took a year to see the treadmill video? Something happened to get LE interested again if it took a year to get a 2nd opinion which should have been done right away.

2 Cents

They determined cause of death....just not manner of death that could also be determined by LE.

“There is no, zero, not one scintilla of evidence of sepsis or any other infection on Corey,” pathologist Dr. Thomas A. Andrew testified from the stand in Orange County, New Jersey, on the fifth day of Gregor’s murder trial.

The accused killer dad’s defense had argued his son, Corey Micciolo, had contracted sepsis from an infection possibly brought on by pneumonia, according to the Asbury Park Press — but Andrews testified the child died from contusions and lacerations found “over a wide area of his body.
Expert eviscerates claims by dad accused in son’s treadmill death that 6-year-old died of sepsis: ‘Not one scintilla of evidence’.

Andrew said he reached his conclusions on the cause and manner of Corey's death after reviewing the report of an autopsy performed by Dr. Dante Ragasa, medical examiner for Ocean County. Ragasa, who initially did not rule Corey's death a homicide, changed his conclusion after reviewing Andrew's report, Andrew testified.
Christopher Gregor trial: Corey Micciolo suffered fatal injuries in dad's care: doctor

“There is no, zero, not one scintilla of evidence of sepsis or any other infection on Corey,” pathologist Dr. Thomas A. Andrew testified from the stand in Orange County, New Jersey, on the fifth day of Gregor’s murder trial.

The accused killer dad’s defense had argued his son, Corey Micciolo, had contracted sepsis from an infection possibly brought on by pneumonia, according to the Asbury Park Press — but Andrews testified the child died from contusions and lacerations found “over a wide area of his body.
Expert eviscerates claims by dad accused in son’s treadmill death that 6-year-old died of sepsis: ‘Not one scintilla of evidence’.

Andrew said he reached his conclusions on the cause and manner of Corey's death after reviewing the report of an autopsy performed by Dr. Dante Ragasa, medical examiner for Ocean County. Ragasa, who initially did not rule Corey's death a homicide, changed his conclusion after reviewing Andrew's report, Andrew testified.
Christopher Gregor trial: Corey Micciolo suffered fatal injuries in dad's care: doctor
The ME didn't change his conclusion that Cause of Death included inflammation and sepsis, did he? If so, I'd like to see a link. Thanks!

JMO

No. The treadmill was 3/20. Around 4:20pm.

Gregor Grandparents see Corey on 3/22 to look at houses and go out to dinner. They noticed the forehead lesion.

3/28 Two officers (testified Day 8) visited Chris and Corey at the apartment for a welfare check. They notice Corey's bruises and forehead. They chat with Corey IN THE PRESENCE OF DAD and determine everything is fine, seems like a loving family.
Um..... OHKAY.
Clearly, being an upstanding white guy whose daddy is a former Police Officer..... has its privileges.

4/1 Mom's appointment she made to show lesion and body bruises to the pediatrician office at 5pm, then a few hours later she took him to other ER (where they can do bloodwork.). Mom and Corey got home at 4/2 @ 1:30am, fell asleep, and brought back Corey to Dad's apartment by 8:30-9am on 4/2 after eating breakfast. He walks up to dad's apartment and says bye to mom (caught on cellphone video, audio only.)

4/2 3:40pm that same day, Corey's lifeless body is carried to Southern Ocean Medical Center. He is pronounced dead at 5:03pm.

Nancy Grace doesn't have it straight so I understand the confusion. They keep calling it a Treadmill murder case and that is NOT correct. The murder happened behind closed doors. The abuse is shown in the Treadmill Video..but not the murder.
Thank you for this timeline! I was confused by another comment in this thread that seemed to suggest the treadmill incident happened after mom dropped the kid off from going to the ER etc.

Someone on the L&C channel commented that the defendant likely grilled Corey about what he said to the doctors and Corey probably got scared and didn’t answer to the defendant’s liking and he hit him. Then when he got sick he probably told him to lie down or something. When he didn’t awaken, defendant realized something was up. Ugh. So sad!

JMO

2 Cents
BBM. The ME did conclude Cause of Death.

I have yet to see any evidence the treadmill in any way caused Corey's death.
JMO

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis.

I think CG turned back so he could pick up girl friend.

This is the big question. What's the deal with "Laura"??? She wasn't even the one slated to have the hot pizza date on the night before (that was "Marci") .... yet "Laura" flies out from long Island (her cell number is a Long Island prefix number) for a big Mexico escape with an on/off beau??

I mean.... you make a LOT more sense than "I flew out so I could accompany him on his drive BACK TO NEW JERSEY"!?!?!?! Why does a grown man need a chaperone?

Let's hope the jury can keep this all together.

Edit: changed area code info.

Last edited:
OK, I will check his testimony. Thanks
Pros ex ME/forensic pathologist said the time period when Breanna had the child was outside the time of deadly blunt force injuries to the child, the time frame being 9 am to 1 pm. He had adjusted the time frame to exclude the time before she returned Corey. He testified to that in court. I've posted it, with time stamps. Others have posted it. Breanna couldn't be responsible per rates of inflammation etc. Per the pros expert.

BBM. The ME did conclude Cause of Death.

I have yet to see any evidence the treadmill in any way caused Corey's death.
JMO

Dr. Dante Ragusa, an Ocean County medical examiner who performed an April 3 autopsy on Corey’s body, issued a finding on the cause of death: Blunt force injuries with cardiac and liver contusions with acute inflammation and sepsis.

I really thought I had read that there were 2 autopsies a year apart. First was inconclusive and second was homicide.

I must have been mistaken.

Pros ex ME/forensic pathologist said the time period when Breanna had the child was outside the time of deadly blunt force injuries to the child, the time frame being 9 am to 1 pm. He had adjusted the time frame to exclude the time before she returned Corey. He testified to that in court. I've posted it, with time stamps. Others have posted it. Breanna couldn't be responsible per rates of inflammation etc. Per the pros expert.
BBM. He testified to a 4-12 hour window. Corey's time of death was 5:03 PM. The mother had custody for several hours before she returned him to his father at approx. 9 AM.

JMO
Dr. Thomas Andrew believes Corey suffered an acute traumatic injury to the heart 4-12 hours before his death. Dr. Andrew found what he described as evidence of chronic abuse, including blunt impact injuries of the chest and abdomen with laceration of the heart, left pulmonary contusion, laceration and contusion of the liver.

When is Defense expert Dr. Baden expected to take the stand anyway? I look forward to his spinning a laceration of the heart, left pulmonary contusion, laceration and contusion of the liver into pneumonia. ;)

I really thought I had read that there were 2 autopsies a year apart. First was inconclusive and second was homicide.

I must have been mistaken.
iirc, the prosecution's expert witness did not do an actual autopsy. He testified to how he reached his conclusion. It is bizarre that he disagreed with the ME's conclusion that cause of death included inflammation and sepsis.

JMO

When is Defense expert Dr. Baden expected to take the stand anyway? I look forward to his spinning a laceration of the heart, left pulmonary contusion, laceration and contusion of the liver into pneumonia. ;)
Gallucci didn't seem to like it much when nurse Carvelone (sp) confirmed they used only 1-handed CPR on Corey.

I think Dr. Baden will totally agree with the ME's autopsy conclusion that Cause of Death included inflammation and sepsis.

JMO

I find it telling that the original ME who performed the autopsy changed his opinion after reading the prosecution expert's report. He now AGREES w the expert.
If the ME has changed his conclusion on Cause of Death, I'd like to see a link. Thanks.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member