CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS - you need to stop bickering. If you can't be nice to each other, maybe you should take a break for a bit or something?

I've gone back the last couple of pages and I really don't like the tone of the posts. You don't have to prove things to each other, you can all have your own opinion, and it is not necessary to try to change the opinion of another.

Relax. Chill out. Discuss, don't bicker and don't assume you are the only one that is right.

Salem

I didn't condemn Rebecca or her family but I did criticize them for involving themselves in Max's family privacy so please refrain from accusing me of condemning them. I did no such thing. You certainly are applying a double standard. RN's family are grieving and believe she was murdered, and that's okay but it's not okay to believe Max's parents because, hey, they are grieving. I don't think that is fair.

It is my choice to believe DS. The fact that she is a grieving mother is no reason to discount her opinion. If she believes he was smothered, I respect her opinion.

JMO

I think DS has the right to believe that Max was killed also. But she doesn't have the right to accuse someone without proof. She is saying Rebecca smothered Max. She is not saying it is possible, or imho. Maybe the Zahou's should send her a cease and desist threat to sue.

What I don't feel is correct, on either side is condemnation of the opposite side. Making unfounded and unethical statements.

I also would like to hear your ideas on Max's injuries and how they differ from the accident scenario as it was presented. If you choose not to, despite having made the statement, that's ok also. I am just curious, so I hope you humor me.

this post will probably get pulled but yesterday in the comments it said that Jonah was asking everyone why they thought Rebecca would hurt Max at the funeral (not sure whose funeral)

also in comments on that radaronline site.....the aesop who people think is DS said that he had glass in the top of his head..........now that cant be correct as that is not listed in the AR was it?

He was a forensic rope expert and had had experience with hangings. It was the manner of the way her hands were tied and the mariners knots that concerned him. He also stated that there was no reason for her legs to be tied.

Now granted I was doing several things at once but this man appeared to me to be gravely concerned.

I really, really, really wish we had real pictures of the knots on her hands and her ankles. Lt. Nesbit described them as very basic knots... not maritime knots. There is a link somewhere in this thread, I did not save it or post it. I can tell you with 100% certainty the knots in the rope on the bed are not used at all in boating. Neither is the supposed knot she used on her hands. It was referred to here as a Cleat Hitch, but from the demo it certainly wasn't. The only similarity was the figure eights... the demo never tied a knot and left the rope extended into the hand, which is what was found on Rebecca. MOO!

If the theory is you have to know how to tie nautical knots to hang yourself, why is it then 13% of suicides committed by women are hangings?

I really do not care who you believe, because we are all entitled to believe who and what we choose. Honestly!! I think DS has the right to believe that Max was killed also. But she doesn't have the right to accuse someone without proof. She is saying Rebecca smothered Max. She is not saying it is possible, or imho. Maybe the Zahou's should send her a cease and desist threat to sue.

What I don't feel is correct, on either side is condemnation of the opposite side. Making unfounded and unethical statements.

I also would like to hear your ideas on Max's injuries and how they differ from the accident scenario as it was presented. If you choose not to, despite having made the statement, that's ok also. I am just curious, so I hope you humor me.

Why on earth would the Zahou's send a cease and desist letter to a grieving mother who questions her child's death? Show a little compassion here. She has not accused RN or her family of anything at all.

I think the mod's suggestion to take a break is a good one.

Then obviously he hasn't studied ropes & hanging suicides. It's pretty common to have the hands tied, and tied behind the back. It prevents the person from trying to save themselves because your self-preservation instinct kicks in and you claw at the rope trying to free yourself whether you want to or not.

In a long drop hanging? Usually the neck breaks which should prevent any clawing of the rope.

this post will probably get pulled but yesterday in the comments it said that Jonah was asking everyone why they thought Rebecca would hurt Max at the funeral (not sure whose funeral)

also in comments on that radaronline site.....the aesop who people think is DS said that he had glass in the top of his head..........now that cant be correct as that is not listed in the AR was it?

I'm not sure the glass would be listed in the AR because any glass in the top of Max's head would have been removed in the hospital.

His parents do have a right to question the conclusions and findings in their son's death just as RN's family have that right.

JMO

I really, really, really wish we had real pictures of the knots on her hands and her ankles. Lt. Nesbit described them as very basic knots... not maritime knots. There is a link somewhere in this thread, I did not save it or post it. I can tell you with 100% certainty the knots in the rope on the bed are not used at all in boating. Neither is the supposed knot she used on her hands. It was referred to here as a Cleat Hitch, but from the demo it certainly wasn't. The only similarity was the figure eights... the demo never tied a knot and left the rope extended into the hand, which is what was found on Rebecca. MOO!

If the theory is you have to know how to tie nautical knots to hang yourself, why is it then 13% of suicides committed by women are hangings?

OH Stella, I'm sorry, I meant sailors knots...I apologize. Is that the same as mariner knots?

and no it is not my impression that it was suggested that you have to tie nautical knots to commit suicide by hanging the question was how could someone commit suicide using these knots if they had had no experience using or tying this kind of knot before.

OH Stella, I'm sorry, I meant sailors knots...I apologize. Is that the same as mariner knots?

and no it is not my impression that it was suggested that you have to tie nautical knots to commit suicide by hanging the question was how could someone commit suicide using these knots if they had had no experience using or tying this kind of knot before.

Apparently most people who commit suicide by hanging look for something at up above to hang themselves from. Not the balcony and hang from below. Another unusual thing about this one.

Okay Guys - if you start a post with "this post will probably get pulled" THEN YOU SHOULDN'T POST IT. Contact a mod if you are unsure. They will answer and give you guidance.

Having said that here is the rule for comments posted under media articles:

You may NOT cut and paste but you may paraphrase (as revampz did) and provide a LINK. The link is necessary. You may also post something such as "see the comment made at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday" or "see the comments by whoever."

So.... revampz - the post won't get pulled, but you need to add the link, okay?

:)

Salem

I saw those aesop posts... I doubt it's Dina. No glass was reported in his head, but he was also hospitalized for 6 days before his death. I can see glass being in his head because of the chandelier falling with him and if that's the case I'm sure all glass was removed when he was admitted to the hospital.

WOW on the Jonah comments! I can only assume it had to be Max's funeral... not Rebecca's. Wonder how true that is?!

In MS autopsy report, Rebecca says that she last saw the Razor scooter on the second floor the day before. It was found in the staircase area with the rear wheel on Max's lower left right shin. Someone here said that Rebecca was in the first floor bathroom. In order to get to that bathroom, the door is right in the staircase area, so Rebecca would have seen the scooter (and probably noticed it since Max had been warned not to be playing with it there.) So in those 10-20 minutes Rebecca was not watching, Max must have gone upstairs to get the scooter and bring it downstairs. I doubt he fell with the scooter from the second floor.

I saw those aesop posts... I doubt it's Dina. No glass was reported in his head, but he was also hospitalized for 6 days before his death. I can see glass being in his head because of the chandelier falling with him and if that's the case I'm sure all glass was removed when he was admitted to the hospital.

WOW on the Jonah comments! I can only assume it had to be Max's funeral... not Rebecca's. Wonder how true that is?!

I'll head over there to see....Some of us reached a conclusion that JS blamed RN for Max's death but is it possible at the time of her death they--that being family and hospital staff--were questioning RN's version of events? If so, wouldn't her sister be a key to finding the truth?

JMO

In a long drop hanging? Usually the neck breaks which should prevent any clawing of the rope.

The neck doesn't always break in a long drop hanging. Somewhere I had a link and cannot find it (i have hundreds of bookmarks for all kinds of subjects and frankly am too tired to go looking), however necks don't break near as much as people think they do. The knot has to be positioned just right, the rope has to be just right, the velocity of the fall has to be just right and in cases like Rebecca where she wasn't very heavy (100 lbs) they seldom break.

Why on earth would the Zahou's send a cease and desist letter to a grieving mother who questions her child's death? Show a little compassion here. She has not accused RN or her family of anything at all.

I think the mod's suggestion to take a break is a good one.

Originally Posted by MyBelle
No, I'm not a medical examiner. Are you? I can only go by what the poster said about DS hiring investigators and believing her son was suffocated. I have no reason to disbelieve her. The autopsy report does note that the child's death was attributed to lack of oxygen for a significant period of time. To me, that is an indication smothering was a possibility.

Because the only people available to smother Max would have been Rebecca or her sister. Both Zahous.

Help, I've been here a long time but don't think I've ever needed to know how to use the ignore function.

Can anyone send me in the right direction or just tell me? Thanks

I'll head over there to see....Some of us reached a conclusion that JS blamed RN for Max's death but is it possible at the time of her death they--that being family and hospital staff--were questioning RN's version of events? If so, wouldn't her sister be a key to finding the truth?

JMO

If he's questioning why people are blaming Rebecca or asking why she'd hurt him, that puts a whole new spin on him being mad enough to sneak over and kill her, or hire a hit IMO. I don't think it ever happened, but plenty people feel that way. IMO he was too busy praying that Max would survive to even think about Rebecca and that caused her great anxiety.

In MS autopsy report, Rebecca says that she last saw the Razor scooter on the second floor the day before. It was found in the staircase area with the rear wheel on Max's lower left right shin. Someone here said that Rebecca was in the first floor bathroom. In order to get to that bathroom, the door is right in the staircase area, so Rebecca would have seen the scooter (and probably noticed it since Max had been warned not to be playing with it there.) So in those 10-20 minutes Rebecca was not watching, Max must have gone upstairs to get the scooter and bring it downstairs. I doubt he fell with the scooter from the second floor.

That scooter didn't factor in any way into the LE illustration, did it?

It's impossible that a scooter went up and then over the railing on the second floor. The railing would have acted as a barricade and, if anything, would have broken or been damaged from the impact.

JMO

The neck doesn't always break in a long drop hanging. Somewhere I had a link and cannot find it (i have hundreds of bookmarks for all kinds of subjects and frankly am too tired to go looking), however necks don't break near as much as people think they do. The knot has to be positioned just right, the rope has to be just right, the velocity of the fall has to be just right and in cases like Rebecca where she wasn't very heavy (100 lbs) they seldom break.

The length of a drop was 9 ft 2 inches which looking at the drop tables is quite adequate for the person her size.

Originally Posted by MyBelle
No, I'm not a medical examiner. Are you? I can only go by what the poster said about DS hiring investigators and believing her son was suffocated. I have no reason to disbelieve her. The autopsy report does note that the child's death was attributed to lack of oxygen for a significant period of time. To me, that is an indication smothering was a possibility.

Because the only people available to smother Max would have been Rebecca or her sister. Both Zahous.

I have yet to see DS accuse anyone of a crime.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member