Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

Thanks Fran for the link. He did say 2000-2008, That's nine years including the time period right after JP & Susan were married and staying at his home. Agree tho, where are the '09 journals?

ETA: Maybe LE should get a warrant for any safe deposit boxes in his or JP's name....if existing.

Maybe the journals, videos and pictures are his trophies. ??

YW!:)

According to Stevens FORMER friend, Sandy Crain-Anderson,
Steven, “From the beginning of Josh and Susan’s marriage Steve expressed very explicit fantasies about her,” she said.

Sandy said Steve was “madly obsessed” with Susan through the time of her disappearance."

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ox-powell-feared-her-father-law#ixzz1WXEByaJo

Now, I do NOT know for sure if these journals of Steven's, LE confiscated were genuine or plants. But I do BELIEVE that IF he was actually keeping a diary of sorts, about his unsavory lust for his SON'S wife, he would have kept it for the year 2009 too.

MY theory on IF there are 2009 pages, it was then that Steven PERHAPS worked over-time, trying to persuade Josh to move the family back to Washington. This may have been cronichled within his writing of 2009.

I understand that during the period leading up to Susan's disappearance, J & P would spend HOURS talking on the phone. One article mentioned that JP would CHANGE (for the worse) after these long phone encounters. I believe it was SP, yeah YOU know who you are!, putting not very nice thoughts into JP's head.

But it was just before Susan gave JP the ultimatum, that Susan became more assertive and was ready to leave if he didn't abide by HER terms. Well, we all know how old SP is, like with the journals, he was willing to give them to LE only IF and when they turned over Susan's ADULT journals to the Powell family. :nono:................One does NOT give LE terms. And certainly NOT the FBI. :eek: Good grief! What were these people thinking? :rolleyes:

Unlike with SP's first wife, who he {d r a g g e d } on their divorce over 10 years, IMAGINE 10 long years?! :banghead: anyway, that poor, poor woman!

So we KNOW how controlling and evasive and cruel this SP can be, there's NO WAY he was going to let Susan escape. NO WAY! He didn't want JP's family to come back because he loved his son! NO! It was because he COVETED his SON'S wife and IF he couldn't have her, no one else would either! :(

Steven, what have you done? What did Josh do? Did you help plan it? Did Josh do it by himself? huh? I can't hear you.

Where is Susan?
:maddening:
JMHO
fran

Well, it took me an hour, but I finally found an aritcle that includes a video, of Steve Powell, in 'his own words,' saying LE has HIS journals to '08. It's not the original article I saw this information. Sorry, can't find that one.

The original article, I saw, said LE sources said they have his journals from 2000 - 2008, but Steve Powell said they were from '04 - '08. This video, when Steve talks about the period, to ME, I couldn't make it out for sure. It was, either '2000 "FORWARD" to 2008,' or ' 2004 TO 2008.' The reporter in the video, however, said '2004 to 2008.' (I THINK he says, 2000 "forward.")

The point is, however, they end at 2008.

Why? Why '08? Where's '09?

just wonderin'
fran

PS...and FWIW, he mentions, I believe in ANOTHER news article, 'If he'd known they were going to take his journals, he would have removed them.' That same aricle went on to say LE said then that THAT would be 'hiding evidence.' or some such thing.....LOL, sorry, don't recall where I saw it, but I believe it was in a Seattle newspaper, online.

PPS...........hmmmm, after watching that video a second or third time, Steven says the journals include info about Susan (not exact words). LE will see that 'she' initiated the 'relationship.' WONDER if this was a SET UP!? :eek: In an attempt to DISCREDIT Susan's family and friends who've denied the allegations that it was Susan and that it was STEVEN?!

Oh, Steven, what have you done? Created a smoke screen, redherrring? Doncha' know it can be looked at from a different angle? IE.............ehhhh, MOTIVE!? That would just leave the MEANS AND OPPORTUNITY. Wow! HOPE you have a GOOD alibi and ehhh................NOT just your family, ie grown adult kids as witnesses. We already know what they would say as you've programmed them very well. WHAT have you done? :nono:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...rrassing-journals/RPOwfy0TTEWDbY2Pt_2FSg.cspx

Police seize Steve Powell's "embarrassing" journals

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just listened to Megan Kelly on Fox news and she said just what you did. That SP has now given LE a MOTIVE. Keep talking SP........

Well, it took me an hour, but I finally found an aritcle that includes a video, of Steve Powell, in 'his own words,' saying LE has HIS journals to '08. It's not the original article I saw this information. Sorry, can't find that one.

The original article, I saw, said LE sources said they have his journals from 2000 - 2008, but Steve Powell said they were from '04 - '08. This video, when Steve talks about the period, to ME, I couldn't make it out for sure. It was, either '2000 "FORWARD" to 2008,' or ' 2004 TO 2008.' The reporter in the video, however, said '2004 to 2008.' (I THINK he says, 2000 "forward.")

The point is, however, they end at 2008.

Why? Why '08? Where's '09?

just wonderin'
fran

PS...and FWIW, he mentions, I believe in ANOTHER news article, 'If he'd known they were going to take his journals, he would have removed them.' That same aricle went on to say LE said then that THAT would be 'hiding evidence.' or some such thing.....LOL, sorry, don't recall where I saw it, but I believe it was in a Seattle newspaper, online.

PPS...........hmmmm, after watching that video a second or third time, Steven says the journals include info about Susan (not exact words). LE will see that 'she' initiated the 'relationship.' WONDER if this was a SET UP!? :eek: In an attempt to DISCREDIT Susan's family and friends who've denied the allegations that it was Susan and that it was STEVEN?!

Oh, Steven, what have you done? Created a smoke screen, redherrring? Doncha' know it can be looked at from a different angle? IE.............ehhhh, MOTIVE!? That would just leave the MEANS AND OPPORTUNITY. Wow! HOPE you have a GOOD alibi and ehhh................NOT just your family, ie grown adult kids as witnesses. We already know what they would say as you've programmed them very well. WHAT have you done? :nono:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...rrassing-journals/RPOwfy0TTEWDbY2Pt_2FSg.cspx

Police seize Steve Powell's "embarrassing" journals

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BBM I watched an MSN video last nght about Gary Hilton and the arrogance and contempt that he showed for others; this reminded me of sp and how he treats others as if they are beneath him. What were the circumstances that caused the other powell woman to disappear when sp was young? Was there ever documentation of what happened to her specifically. Is sp capable of killing someone? Hard to say but I do see the same smugness in him that I saw in the Hilton interviews. Birds of a feather? hhhhmmmm makes ya wonder IMHO

I will tell you this, that just about EVERY case I've seen here on Websleuths, that I've read I mean, there are a lot of common denominators. These guys all think they're unique. uh-uh. NOPE! They're all the SAME.

Arrogant,
THINK they're smarter than everyone else,
quite often, even if the wife graduated college before them or had a better job, the abuser thought he was soooo much better than her.....
.MANY have cheated, not all though, but MOST,
they frequently lied,
most abusers don't have any REAL friends, well that's because they're too good for everyone else.
They quite often try to isolate the wife from friends and family
They operate in secrecy, both in their abuse and their crime
They think they're the GREATEST!
They think they can outsmart everyone else including LE.
The newest thing, or maybe as old as time, is to try to disappear their victim, without a trace.
Or, they burn their victim
Or throw them in water
Think people will believe their wild tales, ala Josh Powell's midnight camping and smores story with TWO toddlers when he needed to work the next day
Common story, wife left with another man
Common story, wife left, without kids, money, credit cards, car, even in the dead of night, she just walked away.
MOST times a divorce had already been discussed or in the works.
NEW, that I've just seen in a recent few cases, total $$ control
Often times a large insurance policy
Wife keeps journal somewhere else
Wife may have already been in contact with domestic abuse shelter and husband had NO idea
Wife often times tells others, 'if something happens to me, I didn't commit suicide and I didn't leave my kids. look to my spouse/SO.'

After disappearance,
Spouse shuts up
Lawyers up
Refuses a polygraph
Refuses to talk to victim's family
Refuses to talk to the press
Refuses to let LE talk to the kids
Refuses to let the kids see victim's family
Often times, MOVES AWAY
Often times, changes appearance

THEN you have JOSH! Add in a little Steven and voila = Family drama, mystery, intrigue, sex, lies, and more lies and ....................

We'll see. Can't wait to hear what LE finds in the computers and Steven's journals. Can't wait to see if ANYONE else, that we haven't heard from, knows any of the deep dark secrets that can lead to Susan.

This is about Susan, Josh and Steven. Not YOU! Well, it is about you, but we'll get to that later.

Where is Susan?

fran

PS....oh, and Josh and Steven. Lay off Mr. and Mrs. Powell. They are nice people, just like SUSAN, and they don't deserve your ugly words. What did Josh say about LE 'raiding your home?' Oh yeah, it's 'disgusting!' What you're trying to do to the Cox family and your own daughter and sister. You use their love of the victim, Susan, and turn it into something ugly. When in fact, what you've been spewing on the airwaves the past few days is what is ugly and disgusting. Knock it off!
Where's Susan?

I will tell you this, that just about EVERY case I've seen here on Websleuths, that I've read I mean, there are a lot of common denominators. These guys all think they're unique. uh-uh. NOPE! They're all the SAME.

Arrogant,
THINK they're smarter than everyone else,
quite often, even if the wife graduated college before them or had a better job, the abuser thought he was soooo much better than her.....
.MANY have cheated, not all though, but MOST,
they frequently lied,
most abusers don't have any REAL friends, well that's because they're too good for everyone else.
They quite often try to isolate the wife from friends and family
They operate in secrecy, both in their abuse and their crime
They think they're the GREATEST!
They think they can outsmart everyone else including LE.
The newest thing, or maybe as old as time, is to try to disappear their victim, without a trace.
Or, they burn their victim
Or throw them in water
Think people will believe their wild tales, ala Josh Powell's midnight camping and smores story with TWO toddlers when he needed to work the next day
Common story, wife left with another man
Common story, wife left, without kids, money, credit cards, car, even in the dead of night, she just walked away.
MOST times a divorce had already been discussed or in the works.
NEW, that I've just seen in a recent few cases, total $$ control
Often times a large insurance policy
Wife keeps journal somewhere else
Wife may have already been in contact with domestic abuse shelter and husband had NO idea
Wife often times tells others, 'if something happens to me, I didn't commit suicide and I didn't leave my kids. look to my spouse/SO.'

After disappearance,
Spouse shuts up
Lawyers up
Refuses a polygraph
Refuses to talk to victim's family
Refuses to talk to the press
Refuses to let LE talk to the kids
Refuses to let the kids see victim's family
Often times, MOVES AWAY
Often times, changes appearance

Well said. This scenario is so common, we've seen it a thousand times already on the Lifetime channel.

The common element is the arrogance and hubris.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ng-allegations-of-unwanted-advances.html?pg=2

[snip]
Alina Powell, who is Josh's sister and Steve's daughter, also disputed the claims of the advances and harshly scolded her estranged sister.
"Susan has been incredibly flirtatious with my father, but he has never made any advance on her. He has always been very welcoming of her in the family," Alina Powell said. "She was like a daughter to him. She was the daughter that Jennifer Graves never was."
Any hugging or kissing that happened was the type of hugs that Alina's father would give her, she said, adding that Steve Powell never "crossed the boundary."

Wonder if SP sexually abused his daughters.

And thus why she thinks his behavior is "normal". I also wonder if she has any idea what "boundaries" are.

I hope LE is paying attention to every word that Steve P. is saying about Susan. This sounds so much like a delusional older man who went after a young, beautiful woman who then rejected him and now he has to make himself sound good. Like Susan initiated the sexual advances by flirting with him, so it's really not his fault, even though he enjoyed these encounters. It's not his fault that they were falling in love, and oh, by the way, Josh didn't know about their little game, so were they planning to ever tell him, I wonder? WAKE UP, Josh!! Are you listening?? Your wife was in LOVE with your FATHER, but it wasn't HIS fault.. she MADE him do it!! It's all HER fault!!

GAG!!!!!!!

If Josh has been indoctrinated by his father his whole life into a belief system that Eve tempted Adam with the poison apple and is the root of all sin, he is a misogynist as well and I highly doubt he will suddenly wake up from this belief that women are dangerous temptresses who must be kept under control. I just wonder what an intelligent, beautiful woman like Susan ever saw in Josh in the first place!

I am incredibly interested in the relationship between Steve and his own mother, and Josh and HIS mother, who hasn't spoken in the media yet. With most misogynists I've known or read about, their hateful view of women has to do with one of three factors: their relationship with their mother, or the lack thereof, or the perception of their mother they receive from their father. I just hope that Josh's boys are not being trained to hate women right now because they've been told by the Powells that Susan abandoned them.

If Josh has been indoctrinated by his father his whole life into a belief system that Eve tempted Adam with the poison apple and is the root of all sin, he is a misogynist as well and I highly doubt he will suddenly wake up from this belief that women are dangerous temptresses who must be kept under control. I just wonder what an intelligent, beautiful woman like Susan ever saw in Josh in the first place!

I am incredibly interested in the relationship between Steve and his own mother, and Josh and HIS mother, who hasn't spoken in the media yet. With most misogynists I've known or read about, their hateful view of women has to do with one of three factors: their relationship with their mother, or the lack thereof, or the perception of their mother they receive from their father. I just hope that Josh's boys are not being trained to hate women right now because they've been told by the Powells that Susan abandoned them.

Steven has a blog somewhere and he speaks about his mom. When he was very young his mom left his dad and she was also pregnant. After moving 1/2 way across the country the husband (Steven's dad) found them and brought them back. But shortly thereafter, the grandparents took Steven and his siblings away. Word was the mom went to a cousins and the grandmother told Steven and siblings they'd never see their mom again, and they didn't. They moved around for awhile with the grandparents while the dad was off working somewhere. They eventually moved, to ??? Washington, I think!

Steven's ex, or JP's mom, divorced Steven many years ago when the children were small. The divorce took about 10 years. It was very difficult on JP's mom and she left Washington for Utah. Jennifer Graves was 18 and left with her mom to Utah. The mom, JP's mom, hasn't spoken out at all and I honestly don't expect her to.

There's a few more details I've seen but I do NOT know if they're true.

hth,
fran

BBM

I believe we can surmise by what happened in late August, the Powells, J and S more specifically, and what they told to NATIONAL media, just what the Powells are telling those boys about Susan.

She deserted them and Josh to be with another man. IF they haven't already told them about S & S, like what Steve was saying about Susan, 'they're trying to make out she's all angelic and saint-like.' (not exact quote) and they wanted to tell the TRUTH. ehhhhhh..............

We all know how that's working out for 'em. Everyone else said they're 'lying' about Susan and she is EXACTLY how she's been portrayed, and wonderful person, friend, mother who wanted to do the right thing. She wanted a DIVORCE and MANY of her friends and family agree that would have been better, because of the TYPE of person JP is, was as a husband.

This is the second case in a row where I've read that the husband used a monetary strangle-hold on the wife. Leaving her limited funds to take care of the family and their food and clothing needs. The other case involved a much higher pay type bracket couple, but the result is the same, the husband controlling the wife at all costs, even the children's well being. JP just took it to the next level, endangering the children by taking them out in freezing weather to use as his alibi. :mad: IMHO...

What the Powell's said about Susan last week, pretty much says it all on how they feel about women. Of course they're going to convey this type of attitude about Susan and ALL women, imho.

Pretty sad. These boys are being manipulated and there's not a thing anyone can do about it. Poor boys and poor Susan. What a terrible situation.

JMHO
fran

PS>..fwiw, the other case is the Nancy Cooper case. The difference is in the Cooper case, there was a body and the husband is now serving LWOP. Now:
WHERE is Susan? :maddening:

Is anyone else at the point where they could walk up to jp and say: 'Come on you azz; clearly your actions show culpability.' Then kick him square in the cajones, assuming he has any. ;) Perhaps a 'venting post' like in the Zahra thread.

Have a nice day. :) Except for you jp/sp.

Is anyone else at the point where they could walk up to jp and say: 'Come on you azz; clearly your actions show culpbability.' Then kick him square in the cajones, assuming he has any. ;) Perhaps a 'venting post' like in the Zahra thread.

Have a nice day. :) Except for you jp/sp.

jp has cajones??--> :thud:

Can someone help me make out what the man at the end says here. The man who enters JP's Utah home with JP days after she went missing - it sounds like he says he is JP's grandfather. Is that correct? Does anyone know his name? TIA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g22cLR_YwDU&feature=BFa&list=PL006026E04053A6FB&lf=results_main"]Josh Powell Husband of Missing Utah Mother Speaks to Report - YouTube[/ame]

The powells are a STRANGE bunch . They don't even try to hide it because they think it's normal ..What FIL would EVER so those things about the mom of his grandkids ? YUCK ! No wonder the son is so off .

Can someone help me make out what the man at the end says here. The man who enters JP's Utah home with JP days after she went missing - it sounds like he says he is JP's grandfather. Is that correct? Does anyone know his name? TIA.

Josh Powell Husband of Missing Utah Mother Speaks to Report - YouTube
I think the guy was saying his name--something like "Randy." I don't think he is a grandfather or in any way related.

I find it interesting that in between trying to squeeze out those fake tears, Josh claims that he loves Susan and "my boys love her." Wow. Makes it sound like she was a new step mother or just a girlfriend or something. Wouldn't a normal father refer to the children of a union as "our boys" rather than "my boys"? She had only been gone a couple days!!!!

I could not believe the pure nerve of this man and his horrifying words....
Susan was uncomfortable living with him, too.
This guy's own daughter is suspicious, and I think he may have abused her.
I think something very dark and disturbing happened to Susan, and it was building up for a very long time during her marriage. She would not run away without her boys! I hate to say it but there does not look as there will be a good outcome on this case.
And Powell's horrible acting and noticeable lies in front of the cameras when the news broke about her disappearance....I HOPE they find SOMETHING!

SP is a pervy old so and so. That is the vibe I get from him. After his ridiculous statements to the press about how Susan was hitting on him I had the strongest urge to shower. I know his type, he probably had her in a corner every chance he got, trying to be all up in her space. Yuck.

In, 'I said I love you', here are a few telling snippets...'you think I'm crazy, but I insist, it's simple, I can't resist...I said I love you, is that a crime? I love you so put me in jail...I love you so cough up my bail. I said I love you. Can you forgive, if I can't find another way to live? Ok, you get the picture.

He got what he wanted - he's in the jailhouse now!

:woohoo: But no bail! :woohoo:

Tricia: I'm so impressed with this thread. Your instincts about this guy were spot-on. Congratulations!

His website and songs are just so creepy! And he acts like a narcissistic control freak. Sometimes when our hinky-meters go off, it's for a really good reason.

The Salt Lake Tribune's blog heated up so much today it crashed their server!

:party:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith