MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I sure did miss some stuff today. WTH is going on with these two?

I have to agree with those who got weird vibes from the Dad. I think it was the shifty eyes this morning.

No longer cooperating with LE and now have hired a lawyer? That's never a good sign.

We're expecting a statement from Lisa Irwin's family shortly
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 10:05 PM
KMBC's Martin Augustine is outside the house that we believe Lisa's mother is staying
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 10:02 PM
Neighbors: "I don't get it. Because as a parent myself, if my child was missing, I'd give everything I can...at this point I don't know what to think

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3haEZIh

Police: Baby Lisa's parents now refusing to cooperate with detectives
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15637354...ents-no-longer-cooperating-with-investigators
The parents had told reporters that three phones, including cell phones, were taken from their home by the kidnapper. They said this meant a delay in notifying authorities about the kidnapping.

But Young said those claims had turned up nothing.

"We have looked into it. Obviously, it hasn't produced really anything we can go forward with," Young said. "It has produced really nothing."

BBM..... is it possible the first time LE heard about the missing phones was when the parents told the media? and how can LE say those claims turned up nothing? Wouldn't the correct response be "we are trying our best to track those phones?"

The family member's statement ended abruptly
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 9:11 PM
The sole focus of the parents will be to find Lisa
Family statement: We saw the press conference at 7 PM, and we want you to know we have never stopped cooperating with police.
We're expecting a statement from Lisa Irwin's family shortly
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 9:05 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3fJW5FR

I would like a Mod/Admin to come in and tell us what we are allowed to say about these latest developments (parents no longer cooperating with LE, and lawyering up).

TIA!

The cell phone info didnt come out until today right?
Would it take this long for LE to pull records and have them available?
( from the time the baby was reported missing)
If the parents failed to mention having cell phone could LE have found the records anyway not knowing a specific provider?
If they did fail to mention having service could it be just today LE asked them about the lines then suddenly they say they were taken w the baby?
Im so zoned in on the phones and the timing of the parents public storm off at a search site. Or did they leave a presser upset? Im getting confused

jmo and thinking out loud

Family statement was like a rocket that leaves the launching pad and doesn't rise much then falls quickly into the sea. Ker-splash!

IF the parents are involved, then they may have gotten rid of the cell phones to purposely create a hinky situation. When we heard that development, we all started to speculate about the type of person who would kidnap a baby and take the cell phones. It's possible they were trying to create a "persona" for this kidnapper. Like this person is so bold, their may have been something on the cell phone that gave them away, etc etc.

Can't LE ping the cell phones by using the number? Can't they do something..maybe call the cell provider, give the number and get info???

I kinda thought it was gonna go down like this although I hoped everyone would kiss and make up. This further distanced the parents from investigators IMO, the gap widening becoming harder to bridge.

That makes me so sad to hear this. It is true, of all of the photos that we've seen, not a single one has been of volunteers putting up missing posters or handing out flyers. I don't understand... :(

This is very concerning. When my 88 year old dad went missing last June, we posted flyers all through the town, and the surrounding towns, while we and the police searched for him. Whenever I spoke with the detectives on the case, they told me that we and our posters had been there first.
My story did not end well-- the Essex County bloodhound found my dad's remains on Day 5 in a wooded area that we had searched multiple times-- but he was beyond a thicket that WE couldn't get past, deep in a suburban wooded area-- but only about 150 feet away from a main road and the local hospital.

My key learnings from that experience-- posters, flyers, canvassing, searching, eyes and boots on the ground are CRITICAL in the early days. All of Union knew about my missing father.

It saddens me that no one has done posters and flyers for this little girl.

I kinda thought it was gonna go down like this although I hoped everyone would kiss and make up. This further distanced the parents from investigators IMO, the gap widening becoming harder to bridge.

Since it is all about Lisa the family and LE need to kiss and make real quick. Damm but this is disheartening.

Why did Lisa's father come home from work early, during his first night on the job?

I don't think he came home from work early, I think when he came home from work it was in the early morning hours. He was working on a night job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member