MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, if I was told that I had failed a poly & I knew I was innocent, I would probably hire an attorney also.
Honestly, I can't get a good 'feel' for this case regarding the parent's involvement if any.

I don't know if I would hire an attorney or not if I were innocent. I think I would tell them that I don't care what they think about me - just go out there and find my baby. I would tell them they can lock me up, give me another LDT, smear my name from here to creation - just please keep looking for my child.

All of this recent news makes me wonder again, why they canceled the Amber alert so soon.:waitasec:

I am in NO way accusing the KCMO PD of botching an investigation. I just think it's so sad that we, as a society, have become complacent with looking at the parents as suspects FIRST.

I am in NO way accusing the KCMO PD of botching an investigation. I just think it's so sad that we, as a society, have become complacent with looking at the parents as suspects FIRST.

You go with the odds. And the odds are much greater that a parent is involved then a intruder. Not always but enough times to make you suspicious of every parent of a missing child. You know, looking for horses.

In the video referenced above it states an FBI team descends on the home to investigate...

thanks muchly; I found a video of the parents presser and after they spoke Le said that the FBI was at the home and that dogs have been used. Didn't say what type of dogs.

imo

When looking at a missing persons case I very seldom look at the first family pressers. I have several reasons for that.

1) Even a guilty person can have remorse. Either remorse for causing harm or remorse and fear for the trouble they caused themselves. They may be able to use that in their dealings with press and even with LE. And since it is genuine remorse, any guilt usually isn't distinguishable.

2) Usually the statements are prepared, so they have rehearsed them at least in their mind. So what comes out is an emotional appeal and very little substance. Very occasionally they will slip and use the past tense, but not very often. I tend to get caught up in emotional appeals, so avoid them until I have had time to get some sense of the case. You all are good at alerting me to past tense usage, changing story's etc. Thank you for that.

3) Very little substance. Which means that the family has usually given the same story to the print media, and that info is given without so much emotion. What is in the pressor is usually not new. LOL I can be more objective that way.

I do usually pay attention to what LE puts out. They try not to lie to the public. But their wording can be interesting. For instance "we don't have any suspects." LE no longer names suspects. At least not until they are very close to arrests. "Persons of interest" can mean a witness or a person with possible involvement. But most often will be the person thought to be involved.

LE almost nationwide has adopted a certain way of talking with the media at least in the content of what they say. Anytime they deviate from that, it is important. Someone is "cooperating" means that they are talking, it may mean they are agreeing to testing....but it doesn't mean that they are being ruled out. But LE does want to keep them cooperating, so they keep saying how they are cooperating. That was the first thing that caught my eye in this case. They seemed to be 'smoozing' the family.

LE actions. They do the searches. But usually reluctantly and no longer than necessary. The searches are expensive and ties up manpower. So they want to think they have some chance of finding something before they search. Repeated searches around a home, means they are looking at something happening in the home. This baby was 10 months old. She didn't open the door and walk out of the house. If abducted, there would be no reason to believe she would be near the house. An abductor would most likely want to get as far away as fast as possible to avoid being caught. Or they would take her to a nearby home or building. All of which would checked as far as possible the first day. So repeated searches of the surroundings and nearby areas of the home to me says they are looking at someone in the home. Same with forensics. I have never seen forensics in a missing persons home more than one day. (My guess would be that they did Luminol testing that first night since it shows up best in the dark.) Multiple searches with dogs. Court purposes. Because they weren't hitting on anything. One dog or maybe even two that might be possible. But no dog, multiple no dogs hitting is a bad sign. (Person was probably carried and was well wrapped.) My guess would be that at least some of those dogs were cadavar dogs instead of rescue dogs.

Why would LE offer proof? Don't forget, LE can also lie about it and maybe they have done so in this case in order to drive a wedge between the parents?

JMO

le can legally lie to these parents - but if they get caught doing it - it can cause a load of mistrust. I know i'ld be po'ed.

I'm coming in late to this discussion because this is the first I've heard of it.

Here's an article; http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/06/justice/missouri-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Parents of missing Missouri baby say they are cooperating
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 11:12 PM EST, Thu October 6, 2011

(CNN) -- The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl late Thursday indicated they are cooperating with detectives, counter to what police said earlier in the evening, a relative said.

A woman who identified herself as Ashley Irwin, sister of Jeremy Irwin, read a statement on behalf of her brother and Deborah Bradley, parents of missing infant Lisa Irwin.

"We have never stopped cooperating with the police. We've been cooperative from day one and we continue to assist the police with the investigation," the statement said. "The main goal has always been to find Lisa and bring her home. That remains the sole focus of the parents."

Ashley Irwin said the parents, who will release another statement Friday, wanted to thank police and the community for their efforts and prayers....

I can't go back through all the threads on this so I guess I'll have to search out articles.

What is sad is that it so often begins and ends in the home, with the parents...yes, some of us become jaded, but sadly there are very, very few children who are abducted or killed by the proverbial stranger...

I don't know if I would hire an attorney or not if I were innocent. I think I would tell them that I don't care what they think about me - just go out there and find my baby. I would tell them they can lock me up, give me another LDT, smear my name from here to creation - just please keep looking for my child.

And I might do the same. Hope I'm never in a situation to find out.
What if she did/said the same thing and she felt that they weren't looking for her child because they were so focused on her ? I'm thinking hiring an attorney would take some of the pressure off, making it possible to focus on her missing child and he other children. It would be terribly frustating to be repeatedly accused by LE when you want them to be looking for your baby.

I believe the local LE here is awesome and will do WHATEVER it takes to find Lisa, including telling the mom she failed a poly. I think due to the nature of the case, they have nothing and they're determined to solve it.

Heads up. New thread coming. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

All of this recent news makes me wonder again, why they canceled the Amber alert so soon.:waitasec:

IMO, many states wouldn't have issued an Amber Alert at all. It didn't seem to meet the criteria as there were no descriptions of a possible abductor or vehicle.

Well...logic would say to look at the last person the child was seen by. Rule them out and then start broadening the investigation. Now if they haven't been able to rule the parents out, there's a reason for that. It would be one thing if they had a car description or description of the perp, but there seems to be none.

Sadly, many times it is the parents or someone close to the family that have done something. I don't think LE is trying to do anything but find this little girl. MOO

Okey Dokey, I think that about covers it.

I cannot find the reference to the family telling one reporter that they couldn't talk to them because they had made a media deal. Maybe someone else can find that one??

On Thursday night, FOX 4 attempted to contact the family at a Northland home where they are now staying, where an unidentified woman claimed that the family had "a deal" with a national news network and refused to talk to the media.
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...rch-for-missing-baby-20111006,0,2371703.story

Please continue here...

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7197760#post7197760]MO -- Lisa Irwin, 10 Months, Kansas City, 04 October 2011, #5[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500