MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
First sign of a lie. Mom says she went to bed at 10:30 pm. She doesn't mention that at 2:30 am she was up making phone calls.

You would think that with a daughter 'missing' and police asking questions and accusing that she would be saying "talk to so and so" I talked to them in the middle of the night. If she was innocent.

How do they know it was her making the call and not the person who took the phones? tia

It's a very popular children's park just north of here on Vivion rd. Named for the big fiberglass penguin slide that is there.

Thanks- so are you going to the vigil tonight? I would love to have your observations!

Such a small thing but I thought it was really interesting that the father says the front door was unlocked when he got home. How would he know this? Most people coming home at that time of night wouldn't just try the door handle to see if it was open, especially if it's normally locked. And if you put your key in the door, could you say with absolute certainty that the lock hadn't turned over?

Again, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this, and maybe the door was slightly opened (though I only heard "unlocked").

This has been bothering me also. I guess if you saw the lights on, you might check the door first.

First sign of a lie. Mom says she went to bed at 10:30 pm. She doesn't mention that at 2:30 am she was up making phone calls.

You would think that with a daughter 'missing' and police asking questions and accusing that she would be saying "talk to so and so" I talked to them in the middle of the night. If she was innocent.

Exactly! Could she have really just forgotten that? I don't think so. I would love to know who she made that call to.

Thank you for the welcoming. Just discovered this site and very interesting to read all of the thoughtful theories and speculation about these unsolved crimes.

No turning back now!

Welcome!! alot of great people here with so many resources and knowledge.

Such a small thing but I thought it was really interesting that the father says the front door was unlocked when he got home. How would he know this? Most people coming home at that time of night wouldn't just try the door handle to see if it was open, especially if it's normally locked. And if you put your key in the door, could you say with absolute certainty that the lock hadn't turned over?

Again, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this, and maybe the door was slightly opened (though I only heard "unlocked").

Joining in on this - the deadbolt locks at my house, when you slide the key in if it's not locked, the key jiggles a bit and it's very loose. Normally there's a bit of push back when you turn the lock when it's engaged. If it's unlocked, it's loose and easy turning the key. Same for my car lock.

If I came home to my house that is usual dark at 3:30 am and all the lights were on I would check the door knob,

(Matter of fact I would probably check the door knob,then kick the door in and says some sort of tough guy line from Dirt Harry movie..)

But that is just me...

Wow, good point. I would just put my key in the door without thinking about it and would assume that I did something wrong if the door didn't open up. Hmmmmm

With my old door that has 3 locks, I can tell right away when I put my key in and turn that one or two of them weren't locked because of either the resistance (or lack of it) or the knob turns when I turn my key (and it doesn't when it's locked). (This happens when my stupid landlord goes in to fix something and forgets to lock all 3 of my locks.)

I can think of only 4 possibilities at the moment:

1) She forgot to lock the door that night. Maybe Jeremy usually locks up and since this was his first night away at the new job, Mom forgot.

2) She is lying about this being the first night it was left unlocked.

3) She left at some point during the night and forgot to lock the door when she came back and she is covering her tracks.

4) She purposely left the door unlocked because she was expecting a guest who didn't have a house key after her husband went to work.

Or... mom failed to relock the door after returning from dumping her child.

Regarding the door being unlocked.... the garage area is around the back of the house.. when my dh comes home from work he comes thru the garage doors and upstairs from there. So, maybe he knew the front door was unlocked because he approached it from the inside after deciding something was terribly wrong... and found it unlocked.

NBCActionNews NBC Action News
#LisaIrwin update: FBI not saying what, if anything, found at landfill. Nothing seen from aerial video: pub.vitrue.com/Ogx
29 minutes ago

I've been busy with my own little one for the past 24 hours or so, and I see that I've missed a lot!

I honestly don't know what to think anymore, other than to just pray that despite how it may look that baby Lisa is alive and safe and well cared for and that she will be found soon!

Probably from whoever the call was made to.

I would think that would be the only way. So someone came forward and said that she had called her at 2:00 a.m. or so, that should tell the LE something. I think there is lots LE is not sharing with the public don't you?

If I came home to my house that is usual dark at 3:30 am and all the lights were on I would check the door knob,

(Matter of fact I would probably check the door knob,then kick the door in and says some sort of tough guy line from Dirt Harry movie..)

But that is just me...

That's what I was thinking too, lol. If I got home at 3-4am and all the lights were on I'd immediately think-what's going on? I'd make a lot of noise and probably call 911 while I went to check on my kids---because of following cases like this.

Did the mom turn all the lights on?

Or is she saying the 'kidnapper' turned the lights on?

Or did dad find the lights on? I'm confusing myself.:waitasec:

imo

Or... mom failed to relock the door after returning from dumping her child.

Yes, that's kind of included in my #3. She left during the night and forgot or "forgot" to lock the door when she returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member