MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the first pictures of this precious baby given to the media were of a much younger Lisa (maybe 2-3 mths) when very recent pics (at her brother's party 2 days prior) were available? That is another strange thing about this case. Baby's chnage so fast. Only a current picture would be useful to the public to help in finding this baby.

It's also strange that during one of their interviews, maybe the one with JJ - Deborah was holding a flyer during the interview, but she never held it up.

Where are the ribbons on their shirts, some sort of pin with her name and face on it? I know it's not the price because there are always area printers who volunteer their services in the beginning. seriously already, what are they doing to help? Like the Ramsey's before them, their concern seems to be their own bums.

Again, thanks, Shelby1, for the timeline. We can't thank you enough, actually.

I am more than happy to post it down here, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to now....

If the kitten was new..has it been reported anywhere WHERE they got the kitten from? It's probably a longshot, but maybe someone delivered the new kitten to the house, saw baby Lisa..the rest is history.

once again, definitely a longshot, but I'm just thinking of other possibilities here.

I have heard the kitten referred to as a "stray". Unlikely with that terminology that someone brought it to the family.

What does it take! My DS does the same thing...Mon-Fri. I'm usually in bed when he goes to school, but I always say "have a good day and please make sure you lock the door behind you". He leaves it open every day! One of these days I'm going to wake to an axe murderer - I know it.

Carry on....

Mel

I have a friend who's 22 year old daughter keeps all her clothes, expensive purses, ect in her car and it drives my friend crazy. I told my friend, who has the spare key... Well, I can solve this problem... Tomorrow, while your daughter is at work...lets clear out her car and make her think she was robbed... problem solved.

Exactly... you wait until the morning ....

I don't. I make the guilty party (son) get out of bed and go lock up. My son has finally gotten the idea, and he hardly ever forgets now. I'm trying to make it automatic for all of us. The girls are much better about locking the door as soon as they come in.

We had a discussion about leaving doors unlocked yesterday. I am ashamed to say that I have been guilty of accidentally leaving my front door unlocked several times when my children were young and I was tired and distracted. I can certainly see how a young mother with 3 kids to care for could forget...because I have been that mother....

I can't tell you how many times I lock the door from the inside and hubby finds the key in the lock on the outside. :innocent: I said that I need keyless entry. :D

Has never happened to me that I came home to a fully lit house. In fact, I'd be more likely to wake my spouse and ask why didn't he leave some lights on for me, so that I didn't fumble around.

Re: Show of hands...my husband said if he came home and saw all the lights on he WOULD wake me up and ask why are all the lights on. lol (now that surprised me. He also said he would immediately assume something was wrong. That also surprised me as I felt he would think "good gracious...they left all the lights on!) Keep in mind he is a stickler about the boys leaving a light on in a room or a tv set if they are not in that room.

No, he wouldn't UNLESS he found something/someone missing from our house, then we would definitely wake me. But the door itself..no, he wouldn't wake me (and, on the reverse, I wouldn't wake him either..).

exactly... and they claim they noticed Lisa was missing after he woke her up...

All this talk of Westport and Kelly's and Gates bbq and Minsky's is making me homesick for KC, and I've never even lived there!
Had friends and cousins who did though, so I've spent much time roaming around Kansas City.

Don't forget Stroud's! :D

Bringing this from the end of the last thread:

How was she transported???

Either abduction or parent crime.... there needed to be some form of transport for little Lisa to be removed from the home.

If she was deceased by one or both parents and didnt need a car seat, then there should be evidence in one of their cars (as well as near or in the home). Unless they did a really good job wrapping her, the dogs should pick it up. Otherwise, if it's the parents, then likely it was another car.

If an intruder took her and she is alive, it would have required a car seat. You cannot just drive around with a 10mo old loose in a car, unless you perhaps have an accomplice holding her sitting on the floor or something, or in back of a van. But I dont think you can do it alone and not draw attention. You either have a car seat or an accomplice, or risk looking strange to other cars. (you could put her in a trunk. but if you want to keep the baby, not likely)

You couldnt walk her out for sure, not for long anyway. Could you walk all the way to the river without being noticed?

I wonder if they have looked at people who recently bought car seats in the area? Or asked recent craigslist sellers of anyone suspicious who bought one.

What I am saying is basically, if she is alive, there is likely a carseat out there.

Any other ideas? (Sorry if this has already been brought up, I have read almost everything and didnt see it)
I don't think kidnapper is necessarily going to worry about a car seat.

Why would the husband find the lights being on unusual. This is his first time working overnight shift. How would he know his wife/gf didn't leave the lights on to feel secure or to help him as he came in the wee hours? But, he said he IMMEDIANTLY knew something was odd about the lights being on. I don't understand this. What I find odd is not the lights being on, but the door being unlocked and window left open and sick baby behind closed door.

Another good point!

I am more than happy to post it down here, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to now....
As long as we can find it and refer back to it, and of course you can add to it or make changes - I'm bookmarking it so it'll be right there when I need it.

I keep thinking this is a very personal focused attack on this family. The person went into the kitchen to arm themselves because getting caught B&E with a weapon is a lot worse then B&E with no weapon. While they were in the kitchen they saw the phones and stuck them in their pocket just so if a fight or someone fleeing could not call for help. The object was to take the baby at any cost. Look for someone who has been in prison and learned some stuff.

Very good possibility, albeit I disagree with the prison part. If someone came into that home to kidnap an infant....it's a sure bet it was a woman. A man would not turn lights on to get to the baby room...even if the other doors were shut...and especially not someone with street smarts.

I don't. I make the guilty party (son) get out of bed and go lock up. My son has finally gotten the idea, and he hardly ever forgets now. I'm trying to make it automatic for all of us. The girls are much better about locking the door as soon as they come in.

Yes, but apparently your son is a repeat offender. This was a first time deal for the Irwins.

We often fall asleep watching TV so it isn't until sometime in the middle of the night that it's turned off. Honestly, a couple dimmed lights and the TV doesn't use that much electricity, however it could be a good deterrent to anyone thinking of breaking into the house.

It is my understanding in this case that JI wasn't usually working at night. If true, what are the odds the intruder chose this particular night unless they knew the family and he wasn't at home?
I read this just as I thought it. Could be the kidnapper had wanted to take the baby before, but it was too risky with JI at home....but it would have to be someone close to them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle