MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We often fall asleep watching TV so it isn't until sometime in the middle of the night that it's turned off. Honestly, a couple dimmed lights and the TV doesn't use that much electricity, however it could be a good deterrent to anyone thinking of breaking into the house.

It is my understanding in this case that JI wasn't usually working at night. If true, what are the odds the intruder chose this particular night unless they knew the family and he wasn't at home?

This is what keeps bothering me. The odds an intruder would choose that house even though it is lit like a Christmas tree. Or enter it and light it like a Christmas tree. Locate and steal 3 cell phones. Open and shut doors. Pick up sleeping infant who doesn't cry and leave with no trace, tire tracks, nothing.

Everything about this case says inside job.

...but, then I think of the Jessica Lunsford case. WOW was that perp brazen!
So, there is a chance this is a stranger abduction. Just that the odds are way agaist it.

I wonder if she had a television on when she went to bed.

I set a timer on my tv for and hour or two and listen as I go to sleep. I can't sleep without it.

Yes, but she said she turned the lights off. By the way, for safety reasons and especially when your hubby is away you should always keep all the interior lights OFF. Keep yard / outside lights lit. The reason is that if an intruder sees a dark home he may not consider trying to go in when outside lights are lit because if someone did...they may stumble into furniture and things and wake you. If you keep your home lit up...you are giving them a pathway to what they want.

I'm armed...

I draw the blinds and use whatever light is necessary, one extra for typing after dark. I have two lights strategically lit in case of an intruder. I want to identify them before I shoot. I'd be making split second decisions then but there will be no mistaking a family member from an intruder should I decide to fire.

I also have another lighting an upstairs hallway.

I am more than happy to post it down here, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to now....
Shelby put the link in your signature and/or post the link as often as you like.

:blowkiss: I hope you're having a great holiday! Is your mom making all of the things that make me drool?

This year turned out to be a no go, unfortunately. We had to postpone it. Nothing serious. :hug:

Sorry for the o/t.

Another good point!

Now I asked my husband that same question. If it was his first time ever working a night shift and our baby was sleeping and two young sons...would he feel "something was wrong" when he pulled into the driveway? He said..."with a sick baby I would not assume something wrong, I would assume baby cranky and you were up with baby and lights all on because insecure of being home first time alone."..................wow.

Yeah but if there aren't outside lights on as well, it's perfectly easy to see inside, watch everyone go to bed, change into pj's, kiss goodnight, stop walking around, etc. While those inside cannot see the person outside. Much easier for surveillance by someone in the yard, for instance.

That makes sense, but wouldn't the intruder realize they could be spotted just as easily if anyone passed by?

It just seems strange that an intruder would enter a home with the lights on, and then leave them on while they go thru the house and abduct a baby.

Yes, but apparently your son is a repeat offender. This was a first time deal for the Irwins.

The reason I am such a stickler about it NOW is because I personally left the door unlocked several times...and I realized how dangerous that was....and how lucky I was that no one came in and harmed my children or God Forbid took one of them. It's a big deal because I did forget and I don't want that to happen again.

If I came home in the middle of the night and a lot of lights were on, and the door was unlocked....I would definitely wake someone up and ask questions. I just don't find that odd at all. People are different, and what's important to you may not matter to someone else.

Okay, I just watched last nights interview for the 3rd time today....

So, if my husband came home at 4am and the lights were on, door unlocked... He would just assume I fell asleep exhausted without securing the house... He wouldn't wake me up to ask me why I didn't turn off the lights,etc... he would just do it and then go to bed. What kind of husband wakes up his sleeping wife to ridicule her for something she (in his mind, at the time) failed to do?

In the interview they clearly state that they didn't realize Lisa was missing until after he woke her up about the lights being on, door open, ect.

Thats an excellent point. My boyfriend would just assume I was really tired and just went to bed...forgetting the lights and door. He would mention it in the morning but he would never wake me up. Until this moment, I had not found the father to be suspicious at all but that is very odd behavior. It wasnt like a light on is an emergency.

This is what keeps bothering me. The odds an intruder would choose that house even though it is lit like a Christmas tree. Or enter it and light it like a Christmas tree. Locate and steal 3 cell phones. Open and shut doors. Pick up sleeping infant who doesn't cry and leave with no trace, tire tracks, nothing.

Everything about this case says inside job.

...but, then I think of the Jessica Lunsford case. WOW was that perp brazen!
So, there is a chance this is a stranger abduction. Just that the odds are way agaist it.

However Couey was a repeat offender and Jessica a school-age girl, not an infant. What makes the cases different, in my opinion, is the motivation. For someone to take this baby, the most likely scenarios would be a woman who has faked a pregnancy (as someone suggested earlier), a woman who has recently lost her own baby, child trafficking, or custodial interference. As the baby is apparently JI's daughter, the last scenario appears unlikely, therefore leaving the first three options or a staged event after the child has accidentally died at home.

MOO

Now I asked my husband that same question. If it was his first time ever working a night shift and our baby was sleeping and two young sons...would he feel "something was wrong" when he pulled into the driveway? He said..."with a sick baby I would not assume something wrong, I would assume baby cranky and you were up with baby and lights all on because insecure of being home first time alone."..................wow.

I asked my husband too... before I posted... He was a smart *advertiser censored* and said " you, I would assume you passed out drunk"... he was kidding of course, but he said no, that he usually locks up.. so he would not give it a second thought..

Debbie said the son had a stray kitten he had found earlier that day in bed with them.

Thanks Shelby! I think that the original question that I was answering was where the kitten came from and did anyone know? I just said that I didn't think that a location hadn't been named. In simple terms...was it picked up in front of a grocery story, in a neighbors yard..etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown