MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that very much. This is a major crime no matter which way you look at it. If baby was killed or died in that house...every judge is going to allow a search warrant....and if baby abducted...the same. Keep in mind...they've been in and out of the house all day today too...so it's entirely possible that all search warrants have already been signed.

I agree...I have read about cases where judges are pulled from bed to sign warrants even when a child is not involved...they would not stall or play aorund...JMO

They were savvy enough to tell the local media they could not longer talk to them because they had a National media deal.

They just don't seem all that desperate to find this child, IMO.

...and not even once on national tv have they pleaded for Lisa's safe return. It's not even about Lisa anymore...it's about Debbie's defense.

Hypothetical:
boyfriend girlfriend break up. girlfriend a sociopath. boyfriend refuses all of her calls and emails, etc. finally at a breaking point she tells him that the reason she MUST talk to him is that she has his baby. He is stunned. What? Now he is due home and she needs a baby. Maybe she sent photos from web of other newborns as his...for that matter could photoshop herself into the photo very easily with websites like imikimi.com....maybe she didn't break the news to him until baby was "older" and that was the strategy she used to get him to take her calls? Maybe things got out of control and now she had to find a baby.

yikes, unfortunately that's plausible and I haven't been here today

I am sooooooooooo disagreeing with Dr. Lillian Glass in many ways. I do not see the mother as acting odd in any way. The stuttering is due to knowing that the public is micro-viewing and blogging all comments and her statements may have SOME stuttering as a means for clarity. I do not find the mother as odd.

Now you have to ask your boyfriend that question and see how he answers because I felt exactly as you said....until I asked my husband. Maybe men and women think differently on this? Like I said earlier...surprised the heck out of me at my husband's response. Ask your boyfriend.

My late husband would have definitely awakened me. No doubt in my mind. Not because of the lights being on, but because of the door being unlocked. He would have read me the riot act about that.

Why are they doing interviews without holding a large recent photo of their "abducted" infant? I don't get it. I would be using her name over and over and begging the kidnapper to take care of her(she has a cold) and begging for her safe release to ALL media that would have me. Who is (mis)guiding this couple? Have they lawyered-up yet? Or did they just go for a publicist?

...and not even once on national tv have they pleaded for Lisa's safe return. It's not even about Lisa anymore...it's about Debbie's defense.

To be fair, has a kidnapper ever returned a child they snatched because the parents asked for it back on the news? I'm not sure that's a sign of guilt in itself....

FWIW, if someone else is involved, I hope LE is keeping a close eye on them because chances are they won't be around by the time they decide to execute a search warrant and make an arrest.

I've seen lots of videos where they do this. There was one where Debbie was begging whoever had Lisa to just drop her off somewhere safe and walk away. That they wouldn't ask questions or anything, just to please drop her off so she could come home to them.

Why does she keep saying St. Louis (on the Websleuths online radio)????

I wondered that too!! And she said it was a small town, not like Manhattan and it was a drug thing (para-phrasing). Ummmm....STL and KC are both big cities and relatively dangerous.

Forgive me for not knowing if you are a search and rescue volunteer or cadaver dog handler, Miss James. Do you know if the cadaver dogs would hit on the bathtub if Lisa drown in the bathtub, was found 5-10 minutes later, and then water was drained?

No, probably not. I don't think dead bodies start giving off a scent that soon. It takes hours, usually.
I'm not an expert but I did some searches and found enough information in several places to support this assumption.

We have an Autism service dog for my son, that also tracks and I had to train to handle him.

I have no experience with cadaver dogs. My guess would be,unless there is a blood spill,no.

But as a parent who's son died,I also don't believe mom would have given up on the baby after 5 or 10 minutes,or even an hour. She would have called 911 and worked to get her baby breathing again.

This debate goes on in the Casey Anthony case. Parents don't assume their child cannot be saved .They try ,try and then beg the doctors to try again.
Unless it was intentional,no mom says "oh dear,baby's dead .Get me a garbage bag". They scream for help .

Cadaver dogs know the scent of "death and decomposition" from the moment one passes.

My prayers to baby Lisa and Aliyah. I hate how these two beautiful girls are being swept under the carpet (IMHO).

Where are they!

Mel

No, probably not. I don't think dead bodies start giving off a scent that soon. It takes hours, usually.
I'm not an expert but I did some searches and found enough information in several places to support this assumption.

We work with a number of professional SAR TEAMS. I will have an expert come to talk.

I thought about that also except that the "lack of cooperation" keeps coming back to me. I don't know. Obviously the media isn't privy to all the facts either just as we aren't. Maybe Deborah and Jeremy ARE in contact with LE more and have been more than we thought all week.

I am forcing myself to step away from this one.

Prayers for Baby Lisa.

I think at one time they were talking to the FBI and not the local LE.....but I'm not sure about that either. There seems to have been some confusion and poor communication on that whole issue.

My late husband would have definitely awakened me. No doubt in my mind. Not because of the lights being on, but because of the door being unlocked. He would have read me the riot act about that.

In my family... to wake someone up for no reason is one of the rudest things you can do... just to ask them a question "you" need an answer too... extremely rude.

I wondered that too!! And she said it was a small town, not like Manhattan and it was a drug thing (para-phrasing). Ummmm....STL and KC are both big cities and relatively dangerous.

Yes! And that it's the Midwest, not Manhattan, and midwesterners are nice, open people so the kidnapping story is suspect... or something.

Not true. They pleaded with whoever has her to drop her off at a fire station, hospital, "anywhere, no questions asked."

As for only caring about what happened instead of what is now happening, DB said in one of the early interviews that she could only pray it was someone who wanted a baby and was taking care of her.

The other thing I wanted to mention after watching SY's press conference (today?) was how we read so much into the parents not referring to Lisa by name (and we have in other cases as well). I thought it was interesting that in a 7 1/2 minute speech, this spokesperson for LE never said "Lisa" one single time. He called her "the child" or "the baby" but never once by name. And we know he didn't do it, right? So maybe that isn't as big of a deal as we've usually thought. It grabbed my attention.

I pinky swear I'll pay it forward if one or more special peeps would just up date me a little bit!

pretty please with sugar on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member