TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not only interested in how they found out but when did they find out he didn't attend the conference but was spending their time and their dime with TH at another location....JMHO..

To me, it is interesting that he took that chance.
I imagine that his whole staff was watching his every move after they found out his wife was missing. Some may have known or had a feeling he was having an affair with TH prior to Gail's disappearance. I could be wrong on this, but I've worked in offices and rumors do get around sometimes. JMO

I've never seen anything indicating where Gail's intent was to go after dropping off the kids.

I'm guessing the assumption was that she would return to the lake house. It would be good to know if she packed a bag and put it in the Jeep when she was down there. The kids probably witnessed it, but at this point they may not remember if she did or not. Was a suitcase and her clothes found in the lake house?

I've never seen anything indicating where Gail's intent was to go after dropping off the kids.

Only indication I've found is the pings. And that's certainly not indicative of intent. Just fact-based.

I'm not only interested in how they found out but when did they find out he didn't attend the conference but was spending their time and their dime with TH at another location....JMHO..

Do you mean that this conference may have happened before GP was missing?

Good question..

Hasn't MP denied ever seeing or speaking to Gail on the 30th? Reason I’m asking I recall seeing something about him being the last person to speak with her, but I can no longer remember where I saw that tidbit of information..

One thing, I find puzzling is IF he has denied ever seeing her or speaking to her on the 30th WHY did he think she went to the lake house in Alabama or WHY did he wait so long to report her as being missing.? After all wasn’t her drivers license, credit cards left behind at the residence?

IMO something is way hinky concerning Matt P...I’m thinking he planned the whole ruse to get Gail to somehow leave her children at the residence

Also, do we know IF GP made a telephone call to SMPD or did she text a message to someone at SMPD telling them she was leaving the children at the residence? JMHO..

BBM This does look hinky. Didn't she just drop off the kids? Did she hang around for a while? Were these items in a wallet?

Do you mean that this conference may have happened before GP was missing?

My understanding is the conference he didn't bother to attend did indeed occur before Gail disappeared...JMHO..

My understanding is the conference he didn't bother to attend did indeed occur before Gail disappeared...JMHO..

hmmmm makes me think the staff came forward with their concerns after GP disappeared. He had a high position, so the underlings may have just kept things to themselves, but after finding out his wife was missing, they came forward with their suspicions. This is all speculation on my part though.

BBM This does look hinky. Didn't she just drop off the kids? Did she hang around for a while? Were these items in a wallet?

All I know IF she left Alabama and the lake house around 6:30 CST she should have arrived at the residence on Ridgerock around 11:30 EST.. It's about a four hour drive. Granted, she and the children may have stopped for breakfast, gas, bathroom break but she should have arrived home before or around noon. There are claims she left the residence around 12:15 so she couldn't have been there that long before she left...

I realize we have received information she left her drivers license and her credit cards at the house, but I'm still trying to figure out IF by chance she did have her license and credit cards with her when she left the residence at 12:15, how would those items being found back at the house benefit Matt P.. Anyone have any ideas? JMHO..

All I know IF she left Alabama and the lake house around 6:30 CST she should have arrived at the residence on Ridgerock around 11:30 EST.. It's about a four hour drive. Granted, she and the children may have stopped for breakfast, gas, bathroom break but she should have arrived home before or around noon. There are claims she left the residence around 12:15 so she couldn't have been there that long before she left...

I realize we have received information she left her drivers license and her credit cards at the house, but I'm still trying to figure out IF by chance she did have her license and credit cards with her when she left the residence at 12:15, how would those items being found back at the house benefit Matt P.. Anyone have any ideas? JMHO..

Could she have returned to the Signal Mt. home and no witnesses saw her return?

hmmmm makes me think the staff came forward with their concerns after GP disappeared. He had a high position, so the underlings may have just kept things to themselves, but after finding out his wife was missing, they came forward with their suspicions. This is all speculation on my part though.

Could be..Could be BC/BS was notified he wasn't at the conference even before Gail disappeared...
IF Gail had a PI could be Gail found out he wasn't at the conference. Could be she called or threatened to call BC/BS.. Could be he was extremely angry with her...The list goes on..
JMHO...

If MP is innocent, he should take a polygraph test. It would help clear his name and point the investigation in another direction. What is he waiting for?

Could be..Could be BC/BS was notified he wasn't at the conference even before Gail disappeared...
IF Gail had a PI could be Gail found out he wasn't at the conference. Could be she called or threatened to call BC/BS.. Could be he was extremely angry with her...The list goes on..
JMHO...

Very good points. I can see this happening.

I have worked with abused women and children for more than 30 years. I am a resource and contact for shelter placement. I have never seen a case where a woman has left her children with her abuser. I am not saying that there are none...I have never dealt with one. I also have never encouraged a woman to leave her children behind unless there was a safety concern for them to remain in her custody. Said issue would have to be with the woman in question for me to advise the children being placed elsewhere. I have heard of cases where the threat of danger from the abuser is so great that the children were left with family members out of town until the abuser was arrested and the threat was gone. In this case, I cannot see GP leaving her children with her husband and seeking shelter from the same. It is incongruent.

- Your experience and mine is vastly different. I only wish that every woman I had ever worked with had been able to bring her children with her when she escaped her abuser. It would have greatly reduced the hell they were going through, and continued to go through.

- I never would be able to encourage a woman to leave her children either, but that is only one of many problems I have with the underground shelters I mentioned when I brought that up.

- I agree that there is a certain incongruity to leaving one's children with a man, and then seeking shelter and claiming that same man abused you. It happens though. And sometimes, of course, that is the case - the abuser physically abuses the woman, but never the children.

In Gail's case, it's somewhat of a long shot, but the known information fits the scenario of her having gone to a shelter. To me, better than any other scenario.

Now, how can anyone NOT be suspicious of this:

Matt Palmgren has not given a statement to detectives, nor have his two children.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/10/two-months-gail-palmgren-went-missing-and-no-signs/

And that article was on Sunday, July 10th, 2011..
We are now into October and Gail disappeared over five months ago ..To my knowledge Matt P still has not given a statement to LE and he has not allowed LE to speak with the children either....JMHO

Only indication I've found is the pings. And that's certainly not indicative of intent. Just fact-based.

Here is the only information that's been published about pings - two days after she went missing. Keeping in mind both that a person can be within roughly 20 miles of where their phone pinged, and that a person can throw their phone out their car window, it tells me nothing about where Gail factually was after dropping the kids off two days earlier.

Can you clarify what you mean? I'm lost again lol.

TIA

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news

The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/?news

JMHO...

BBM - maybe this is his motive. I really think that MP wanted to divorce Gail. Maybe she did call his boss/employer; and he found out. I really do think that MP should be answering questions.

The biggest red flag - it happens too often! MP and GP are on the brink of divorce. She is getting ready for the divorce. She disappears. This story is just like so many others here on WS. Too often, the spouse, finance, or boyfriend is responsible. WHY didn't they come down harder on MP in the beginning? In my opinion, they had cause to look at Gail's safety just because of the phone calls to LE. We wouldn't be talking about MP today if they had investigated him thoroughly and thoughtfully from the beginning. However, it has seemed - at least to me - that he has been calling the shots from the get-go. HIS lawyer told the police they could search with specific conditions.

I would love for a lawyer to fill me in. If an adult goes missing, and there are no leads on that disappearance to say that it was voluntary, could LE get a search warrant?

I have worked with abused women and children for more than 30 years. I am a resource and contact for shelter placement. I have never seen a case where a woman has left her children with her abuser. I am not saying that there are none...I have never dealt with one. I also have never encouraged a woman to leave her children behind unless there was a safety concern for them to remain in her custody. Said issue would have to be with the woman in question for me to advise the children being placed elsewhere. I have heard of cases where the threat of danger from the abuser is so great that the children were left with family members out of town until the abuser was arrested and the threat was gone. In this case, I cannot see GP leaving her children with her husband and seeking shelter from the same. It is incongruent.

Thank you. This is what I was thinking, but I may not have made myself clear in my previous post. Many people have pondered whether or not Gail went to a shelter and is still there. I try to look at every possible theory and decide in my own mind if I think it's plausible. The one thing that makes it very difficult for me to believe that Gail is alone in a shelter or left and is hiding out somewhere is: the children.

So, I googled DV shelters and read the information on many sites and I didn't find a single one that mentioned leaving children behind. All but one, didn't mention specifically what to do but they discussed things a mother should bring with her when she leaves and they all included items related to children: the children's birth certificates, passports, clothing, school and medical records, toys, etc. I took that to mean that it was assumed the children would come too. Now, I realize that if a mother makes the decision that she is going to go to a shelter and leave her kids behind, I'm pretty confident that they aren't going to say, "Oh no, you can't stay here without your kids. You have to go and get your kids". I get that. I was just curious if there was some reason that DV shelters would routinely advise women to leave their children behind. What I discovered is that they don't. I did find one site that actually talked about bringing the children to the shelter and it outright advised to do that because it said, you may have difficulty regaining custody if you leave them behind. I did not link the site because it was a site out of the UK. I could probably find it again if anyone is interested. I guess I just can't get around the situation with the children. I am a mother and I can't imagine leaving the children. I would take them with me wherever I was going to end up. Also, many of the things Gail was doing before she disappeared suggested, to me anyway, that her plans included the children, such as the money sent to her sister. That's what it says to me, anyway. JMO

If MP is innocent, he should take a polygraph test. It would help clear his name and point the investigation in another direction. What is he waiting for?

IMHO..MP knows he is not innocent and will never agree to LE giving him a poly...
Not saying his attorney hasn't given him one, but we all know IF the LDT didn't clear him as being involved his attorney would never release that information...

I do suspect IF he has been given one by his attorney he failed, IF not the results would have be revealed by his attorney.. .....JMHO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb