MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify "fishing" - they can't get access to the news footage without subpoena power which the grand jury gives them.

which means:

1)the GJ is hearing the case (and nbc says the prosecutor is involved)

2)so they just would open a case to the GJ and get a judge to sign off on the subpoena (along with the prosecutor who decides a case is worth persuing) to get some willy nilly news footage that they (investigators) most likely have seen already and compared to any hard copy statements given by the parents?

-----

probable cause... there had to be that to fit all of the above.

and who knows maybe they are searching news videos/interviews for someone lurking in the background???

but a family member has already made statements that there are gaps in the timeline and a failed poly..

who knows at this point but things being things.. a GJ being involved at this point along with the prosector.. well they have rules they follow.. so they have something we don't know....

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

I have a heard time believe a teenager would take a baby unless it was for sexual purposes.

I think, IMO they are looking closer to home.

I think a teen could take a baby for sexual purposes, and I worry that this might just be what happened to baby Lisa. NOT that a teen took her, but that someone in the neighborhood might have done this, perhaps while under the influence of drugs?

I do not think baby Lisa is alive. How I hope I am wrong.

Well, one thing for sure they did not interview the teen nor his parents on TV

We know that it wasn't aired on television anyway. We don't know for fact that they were not interviewed. Sometimes the media will just interview whoever will talk to them and later realize that they cannot air the interview without a release from parents.

Somebody talk me out of my sad. :maddening: I do not want to think that this precious baby is gone. Whoever took her deserves the full weight of the law and then some. I am just not liking where this is going. Been here all day and don't think I can take anymore. I may have to go to bed early...I will pray.

They were in the teen's house today, and looking behind their house...I think this has to do with the teen.

Has it been confirmed whether the teen was interviewed or not?

why would they subpeona the interviews with the family members then?

Probably a mugshot. I don't believe any info has been released about the teen that gave the dna sample.

Thank you for the answer however how would the PD know who this guy is in the first place to get a Mug shot...probably nothing but something stood out to me in the interview...and then the PD not even commenting about it. Probably nothing but something just didn't seem right to me

Me too EllaMae...and I hate it for this baby...but going out on a limb...it really seems they must suspect the parents...the teen wasn't interviewed..so they don't need that footage for the GJ.

Good catch!

imo

They also spent part of the afternoon inside a next-door neighbor’s house.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/10/3199043/kc-police-search-backyard-of-missing.html#ixzz1aQXfNX87

I wonder several things about this portion of the update.

1) was the neighbor home that was searched the same house where the teen lives that was questioned? The one that we all saw video footage of the exterior of other day,

2) Is this also the home that has the German Shepard in the back yard? The neighbor dog that people have mentioned, also did not bark on the night Lisa went missing.

If In da Middle is around I would love to know.

One thought I had. I know scary. Is it possible GJ subpeopna's are harder to get out of than the standard issued subpeopna? I'm thinking back on Lisa Stebics case. IIRC, her husband and his attorneys blocked all legal attempts to interview the children. It was only through a grand jury subpeopna that LE was able to get information from the kids.

Maybe Just a guy can weigh in on this.

I think that maybe they're doing the GJ now because... they know she's not alive sadly. And they want to pressure to at least be able to recovery the poor baby's body. JMO

So, they're looking to indict someone.

No, not necessarily.....need the lawyers in here, but the GJ may be just to compel the media to turn over their interviews and notes, etc. It would work as a means to protect the media from litigation from their interviewees, too, I believe because they were turning it over due to the requirement of the GJ not voluntarily. Media tends to be protective of their freedom of the press rights unless compelled by law to give up their info.

jmo

Just the fact that LE has something this soon to take to a grand jury is not sounding good for baby Lisa :(

We've gone from 6 days without much of anything >>>>>to a grand jury hearing. GJ surprises me and scares me for baby Lisa.

imo

In my opinion, this is what LE does when they have absolutely NOTHING to go on.

I've only seen this done once - in the Duke Lacrosse case.

Oh wait, I was reminded they did this in the Terri Horman case.

Again, nothing. LE wants to appear to be moving ahead, but sadly, there is nothing to base a case on.

It depends on the evidence, the way the LE dept. looks at how to proceed, and the jurisdiction's rules.

But it all means the same thing, they have a suspect and want to move on what they've got.

:seeya: Hi Kimster. Thanks!!

Could the interest be the video taken of the baby's room? That was taken by a local station after LE finished going over the room, right?

imo

Part of me says what could they have missed in the 1-2 days they were in there looking around. But another part of me says maybe they did miss something the first time. And after all they did go back there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member