Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

I would think the "lack of disclosure" stems from his failure to notify the court of the error in the probation order. The "misrepresentation"? Well, take your pick! Lol! There are a number of things that could fall under that label! JMO!

I know there are all sorts of excuses Baez could come up with but I would think there was huge misrepresentation with Baez allowing OCA to sit in jail for three years on murder charges, rack up huge search and trial costs when he claimed Caylee died accidentally on June 16th/08.

I predict he will hang up an a reporter in the next 24 hours. That's what he does at times like these.

I predict he will hang up an a reporter in the next 24 hours. That's what he does at times like these.

I hope he gives Kathi Belich that pleasure...yuk yuk...

Even though I know she isn't covering Anthony stuff anymore...still just thinking about it....

I'd just love to see him get a verbal smack down, publicly of course, by a committee of his peers and superiors, have his license suspended for at least 60 days and all his dirty laundry concerning FCA aired, including the little reenactment of "Lady and the Tramp" between those two!

Heh, Heh.....I love being catty when it comes to that incorrigible piece of work. He deserves all that comes to him! And his ______ client FCA too!

I know there are all sorts of excuses Baez could come up with but I would think there was huge misrepresentation with Baez allowing OCA to sit in jail for three years on murder charges, rack up huge search and trial costs when he claimed Caylee died accidentally on June 16th/08.

Hmmmm. I think you are on to something here. I like it.

Interesting to think that this investigation for misrepresentation could maybe be the legal equivalent to "lying to law enforcement".

I hope he gives Kathi Belich that pleasure...yuk yuk...

Even though I know she isn't covering Anthony stuff anymore...still just thinking about it....

Ok, I'll bite since I haven't been here for three years. Is something wrong with Kathi Belich?

The only thing that gives me pause with that is that JB could always say that KC only told him the "accident" story right at the end, just before trial. Still, there are just SOOOO many things that it could be in my mind. I do not know if any of them are actually legally inappropriate as much as they are morally inappropriate. The brokering of picture sales comes to mind. Also, the hugging and touching. Then there's the use of public funds to investigate people who "searched the area that the remains were found in" that ended up calling people who searched nowhere near there. All of the money that was paid to the PI, much of which, IIRC, was reported in a less than obvious manner, such as "$2000.00 for travel" and he only went to the next county. Taking money from TL and LKB for use on the case. The list goes on and on. Hopefully, someone will get the exacts on it soon!

Ok, I'll bite since I haven't been here for three years. Is something wrong with Kathi Belich?

No no - but she dedicated three solid years to this case and I think the verdict was just overwhelming to her and many of us....

I'm in Ohio, but it's difficult to get completely disbarred here as well. I think you're probably right.

Haha, I know. And unfortunately, I have to agree with sumbunny - it's unlikely Baez will be disbarred, from what I've seen (if Florida is anything like Ohio). It has to be pretty big, or a deluge of complaints, for disbarring someone. Given the attention this case received, though, the committee may decide to set a precedent, just to send a message.

I hope so! He sneered at 20 previous complaints. Maybe the bar did NOT take kindly to that. I hope they slap him with more than just 90 days!!!! Take your time investigating, Florida Bar! I want it to be as thorough as possible, and I hope they find a lot more than they bargained for!

In my opinion it can't be that - you can only work with what your client gives you and Mason has already said openly that Casey Anthony's come to Jesus moment only happened a little before the trial started - he was inferring that she only acknowledged the death of Caylee in the pool on the 16th very recently.

I believe that Mason/Baez/Finnell/Sims covered their butts on this one.

@bobkealing
bob kealing #Fla bar: "lack of disclosure" and "misrepresentation"“@MichaelAndWendi: @bobkealing what are the two complaints?”

@bobkealing
bob kealing They won't be more specific“@yieldcurve23: @MichaelAndWendi mis representaion - from his opening statement?”

I wonder if the disclosure could be the discover violation(s). Maybe HHJP gave it to them rather than charge him with contempt himself?

Oh please let it be Judge Perry that gave it to them...I would freaking LOVE that!!!!

The only thing that gives me pause with that is that JB could always say that KC only told him the "accident" story right at the end, just before trial. Still, there are just SOOOO many things that it could be in my mind. I do not know if any of them are actually legally inappropriate as much as they are morally inappropriate. The brokering of picture sales comes to mind. Also, the hugging and touching. Then there's the use of public funds to investigate people who "searched the area that the remains were found in" that ended up calling people who searched nowhere near there. All of the money that was paid to the PI, much of which, IIRC, was reported in a less than obvious manner, such as "$2000.00 for travel" and he only went to the next county. Taking money from TL and LKB for use on the case. The list goes on and on. Hopefully, someone will get the exacts on it soon!

Yes, I've heard that argument before - and often wondered what OCA would have to say about that....

In my opinion it can't be that - you can only work with what your client gives you and Mason has already said openly that Casey Anthony's come to Jesus moment only happened a little before the trial started - he was inferring that she only acknowledged the death of Caylee in the pool on the 16th very recently.

I believe that Mason/Baez/Finnell/Sims covered their butts on this one.

But what about that video when Cindy brings up that it could be a drowning and Casey shoots it down? That has to be proof that a drowning scenario came much earlier than just before the trial. Just because she decided at the end to go with a drowning shouldn't mean anything. What horsepucky!

But what about that video when Cindy brings up that it could be a drowning and Casey shoots it down? That has to be proof that a drowning came much earlier than just before the trial. Just because she decided at the end to go with a drowning shouldn't mean anything. What horsepucky!

I know I know, :)

Mason has already hinted when it was and unless Anthony writes a book, and even if you believe what she writes, we'll never know for sure.

Could it be when JB kept "misrepresenting" facts in court to Judge Perry, I forget the exact legal wording, but it was to me when I would see His Honor get the angriest was about JB's experts having to submit "written reports", and there was a deadline, and JB kept misrepresenting what and when he told his experts about. I particularly remember one witness, when Judge Perry actually questioned the witness himself about whether or not JB told him he had to submit a written report, and the witness (a man) said JB did not, etc. Judge Perry became very angry.....and I think threatened sanctions and I thought he would really follow through on it he appeared so ticked at JB.....

does anyone remember what I am talking about?

Could it be when JB kept "misrepresenting" facts in court to Judge Perry, I forget the exact legal wording, but it was to me when I would see His Honor get the angriest was about JB's experts having to submit "written reports", and there was a deadline, and JB kept misrepresenting what and when he told his experts about. I particularly remember one witness, when Judge Perry actually questioned the witness himself about whether or not JB told him he had to submit a written report, and the witness (a man) said JB did not, etc. Judge Perry became very angry.....and I think threatened sanctions and I thought he would really follow through on it he appeared so ticked at JB.....

does anyone remember what I am talking about?

Oh yes. I was SHOCKED that he actually told an expert to NOT write a report. I remember that very well, and how angry HHJP was. Hmmm, seems like it's coming back to bite Baez now!

Oh yes. I was SHOCKED that he actually told an expert to NOT write a report. I remember that very well, and how angry HHJP was. Hmmm, seems like it's coming back to bite Baez now!

Yes, Thanks. Didn't Judge Perry then actually NOT let this witness testify, if I am recalling correctly, I wish I could remember what his expertise was.......

But I think JB was barred from questioning the witness on the main purpose of his testimony..

anyway, my 2 cents on the matter.

IMO, MOO, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo