Conrad Murray Trial - Day Ten

Flanagan calls witness Mr. Rogers. Judge quickly corrects him "Dr Rogers". LOL

lots of objections being sustained in this cross right now

Flanagan is having a Baez / Perry moment with this judge. The judge is sustaining a lot of the same types of objections and the judge just told him how he needs to phrase his question. ooops while i'm tying this, another objection sustained. Flanagan is going to need a dose of lorazipam after this cross..i bet the good dr. M can help him out with that. :floorlaugh:

sidebar requested by Flanagan (not surprising - he needs to get himself back on track)

Was the concentration of lorazepam in the gastric fluid in micrograms??

Summary of drugs found at autopsy.

summaryofresults.jpg

Recess until 3:00 California time. I bet this witness needs a recess.

Summary of drugs found at autopsy.

summaryofresults.jpg

Thanks Thundar. The Lorazepam was not found in the stomach. The amount in the blood is is micrograms = .001 milligram/ml. If the human body has 5 liters of blood = 5000ml then the total amount of Lorazepam if equal throughout the body would be 5mg. Very close to the amount given by Dr. Murray. I could be wrong here, but Flanagan is pi..ing me off.

Thanks Thundar. The Lorazepam was not found in the stomach. The amount in the blood is is micrograms = .001 milligram/ml. If the human body has 5 liters of blood = 5000ml then the total amount of Lorazepam if equal throughout the body would be 5mg. Very close to the amount given by Dr. Murray. I could be wrong here, but Flanagan is pi..ing me off.

Toxicology on gastric contents was not done at autopsy. It was done in Aug of 2011 by the defense at a different lab. That is what Flanagan is going on about regarding the drug levels in the gastric content. That exhibit was shown earlier in the trial but I can't seem to find a copy of it posted any where. There was Lorazepam in gastric content and that is what the math calculation was that was shown earlier. Dan Anderson did that calculation.

Was Dan Anderson the independent toxicologist for Defense?

LOL! this judge looks like he is losing patience fast with Flanagan. He just frowned and almost rolled his eyes when he told him he was using hypotheticals assuming facts not in evidence.

lol is right! The judge is even feeding Walgren objections----Flanagan is in big trouble and very, very annoying.

I don't think so, it's still the prosecutions case. Unless they changed that for this trial too. Defense has put things into evidence during prosecutions case, so who knows?

He was the criminalist who already testified regarding tox report. He's the one that Flanagan started questioning about "pills" and is now carrying over here with Rogers.

IMO Flanagan spends (i.e. wastes) a lot of time asking witnesses questions outside their area of expertise and then just not give up when they tell him it is outside their area. He needs to brush up on what type of testimony to which the different experts will testify. It would probably eliminate a lot of the confusion and time wasted.

Thank you all for explaining what's going on. I'm watching, but in a stupor. One constant in my mind is that Flannagan is building his cross on the verbal reports by Dr. Murray. Problem is, I don't find Murray believable in any context in this case, based upon his interview with LE. Oh, and let's not forget that there is only Murray's oral report because he never kept notes on times and dosages. Bad doctor! :nono:

IMO Flanagan spends (i.e. wastes) a lot of time asking witnesses questions outside their area of expertise and then just not give up when they tell him it is outside their area. He needs to brush up on what type of testimony to which the different experts will testify. It would probably eliminate a lot of the confusion and time wasted.

The last witness defense did this to kept saying it was outside his area of expertise and just now was the first time this witness said that.(that I heard.)

I have to wonder if the jury is still paying close attention to any of these questions. I know he lost my intent interest quite some time ago. He goes over and over what seems to me is the same thing. He is quite stuck on trying to get the coroner to agree with something he says about pills and there is no evidence there were even any pills taken.

Defense is getting ready to finish up. Asking what the coronor's office examined and did not examine (urine, stomach contents).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back