Conrad Murray Trial - Day Ten

I have to wonder if the jury is still paying close attention to any of these questions. I know he lost my intent interest quite some time ago. He goes over and over what seems to me is the same thing. He is quite stuck on trying to get the coroner to agree with something he says about pills and there is no evidence there were even any pills taken.

I feel like my head has a cloud in front of my eyes from this defense cross. I imagine the jury would feel the same way.

IMO Flanagan spends (i.e. wastes) a lot of time asking witnesses questions outside their area of expertise and then just not give up when they tell him it is outside their area. He needs to brush up on what type of testimony to which the different experts will testify. It would probably eliminate a lot of the confusion and time wasted.

I believe he's doing that purposefully in an attempt to confuse the jury. And to possibly to float out the impression that the experts don't really know exactly which drugs and their amounts that led to MJ's death. :twocents:

The last witness defense did this to kept saying it was outside his area of expertise and just now was the first time this witness said that.(that I heard.)

He's said it in different ways IMO. He's said he doesn't understand the question then judge sustained. Even when reasked sometimes he would say again and judge would sustain. He's said "I don't know" several times when pros objections saying outside area of expertise. (like just now).

He's also said outside my area specifically.

To me, most of those "I don't know(s)" and "I don't understand question" is the coroner's way of saying outside my area. I could be wrong.

I'd really like the defense to ask questions based on facts in evidence instead of all these hypotheticals.

Well...hallelujah. Flanagan wants to now talk about the coroner's report.

He's said it in different ways IMO. He's said he doesn't understand the question then judge sustained. Even when reasked sometimes he would say again and judge would sustain. He's said "I don't know" several times when pros objections saying outside area of expertise. (like just now).

He's also said outside my area specifically.

To me, most of those "I don't know(s)" and "I don't understand question" is the coroner's way of saying outside my area. I could be wrong.

I don't understand the question is what I keep repeating to myself too.

I really thought defense might be done but I was wrong again. How many times can they cover the same material from different directions?

For those of you following along with the cross-examination, more word problems to do during commercial breaks:

1. There are 24 hours in a day and scientists tell us that we should sleep for 3/8 of the day. How much time should we spend sleeping?

2. The National History Museum has collected 125 dinosaurs. George has collected 3/5 of this amount. How many dinosaurs has George collected?

3. Mr Murrin is 160cm tall and his brother Tom is 7/8 as tall as him. How tall is Tom?

4. The weather forecaster says that it is 200 C in London but only 7/10 as hot in New York. How hot is it in New York?

There will be a test on this later!

I sure hope we see the prosecution's anesthesiologist witness next.

Gawwww..coroner just IV was by left knee. Other medical testimony has said right knee. What the heck knee was it?

Okay, so now we're to believe that Dr. Murray had the propofol in the syringe but had not injected it. Instead, he left the room with the loaded syringe just laying there in MJ reach (after MJ had been asking for it and it being denied by Dr. M) and then MJ injected himself.

say what?

Prosecution asking witness if he would agree that most of the questions asked by the defense were related to pharmacology and out of his area of expertise.

Witness said yes, that is correct.

WTG! Prosecutor is asking all those questions the jury needed answered! Oxygen tank empty, eyes wide open doesn't me sudden death.

IMO Walgren wasting no time cleaning up the cross examination.

Prosecution now asking his own hypothetical...lots of assumptions that Flanagan left out of his he stated.

Pros asks if self administration of propofol along with other things presented by Flanagan's hypothetical, would you still rule homicide (since basically Dr. M set up the environment for MJ to do the self administering).
Coroner said yes, still homicide

Flanagan asking coroner a lot of questions about Dr.Shaffer's report. Why not save those questions for the author of the report or at least another anesthesiologist?

witness done...so we start with new witness tomorrow.

Most likely recessed for the day since it is 4pm there.

Judge called sidebar.

Prosecution now asking his own hypothetical...lots of assumptions that Flanagan left out of his he stated.

Pros asks if self administration of propofol along with other things presented by Flanagan's hypothetical, would you still rule homicide (since basically Dr. M set up the environment for MJ to do the self administering).
Coroner said yes, still homicide

I think that's key testimony.

Thank you all for keeping those of us who missed a lot today informed. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back