Identified! OR - Yamhill Co, Willamette River, WhtMale 30-70, UP5205, "Marino Bay Natural" fleece vest, Feb'06 - NamUs removed

I had sent my email reply to the detective one week ago tomorrow. I always worry that I'll get lost in the proverbial shuffle in the detective's email box. Is there a recommended time frame that I wait before sending an email asking if there is any news on a potential match?

I had sent my email reply to the detective one week ago tomorrow. I always worry that I'll get lost in the proverbial shuffle in the detective's email box. Is there a recommended time frame that I wait before sending an email asking if there is any news on a potential match?

personally I've waited a month. no need to come across as a pest and keep in mind they usually have many cases they are working on at the same time.

personally I've waited a month. no need to come across as a pest and keep in mind they usually have many cases they are working on at the same time.

That's what I figured. Thank you for your help :D

Hi everyone,

I just received an email from the medical examiner assigned to the UID. She said that she noticed that Roy's DNA had just been entered into the system very recently. She has a call into the University of North Texas to do a manual comparison of the DNA profiles.

How long may a manual comparison take? I can't wait to see if there is a match!

I got an email back from the medical examiner, and she said that the side by side comparison of the UID's DNA and Roy's DNA did not match.

Back to the drawing board, then.

Yeah I thought we had it too. At least he's ruled out for sure now.

Here's a long shot.

James Lee Proctor: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5541/6/

Height is 5'10" to 6', and weight is 150-170 pounds (15 pounds off the estimate of 185). What makes this a long shot is the circumstances. James disappeared in 1990 while flying a plane from Shady Cove, OR and was 48 years old. The UID has a postmortem interval of 2 weeks and year of death is estimated at 2006. James is not listed as a rule out for the UID.

Roy Vavra: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/85/1/

Height is 72 inches (2 inches over the UID) and weight is 190 pounds - close to the UID estimate. Roy was missing from Wyoming after being witnessed traveling with a blonde male in a white pickup truck on January 24, 2006. Unfortunately, there is no DNA or Dentals on file for Roy Vavra. His hair is also listed as brown and slightly balding, which probably wouldn't be considered "salt and pepper brown hair" as described in the UID profile.

Jeromy Childress: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/870/45/

Height is 70 inches - same as UID. Weight is 175 and close to UID. Jeromy was reported missing after being seen hunting in Tillamook, OR, which is about 90 miles NW of the location the UID was discovered in. Again, the time frame poses an issue because he was last known alive in October of 2004. Where would he have gone in the year and a half in between?

Just found another decent possibility.

Donald Fry: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/880

Height and weight are exact matches to the UID. He has partially gray hair. Circumstances of his disappearance are unknown, but he disappeared January 4, 2005 - one year earlier than when the UID was estimated to have died. His point of disappearance was Lowell, OR which is fairly near the Willamette River. He was last known to be at Lookout Point Dam. He is not listed as a rule out either, but he does not have any DNA or Dental records on file.

The UID Medical Examiner mentioned to me in her email that she sent me that excluded Roy Anderson that she is open to any other strong possibilities I come up with. After looking at the last set I posted I thought that Donald Fry might be worth looking into. I sent off an email to her and mentioned that while I thought he was possible, he did not have any dentals or DNA available.

She had mentioned that Roy Anderson was someone she came up with in the past but that the lack of a DNA sample was why he wasn't looked at before. But thanks to the tip I sent in, he had DNA entered and was definitively ruled out as being this UID.

At any rate, I will keep you guys posted when/if I hear anything.

Updated rule out list

Stephan Adams 1978 Oklahoma
Michael Allan 1954 Florida
Roy Anderson 1969 Oregon
Patrick Beavers 1972 Idaho
James Bradford 1942 Arizona
Emerson Carbaugh 1921 Pennsylvania
Kevin Elkins 1961 Oregon
Gary Finck 1950 Oregon
Jason Franks 1980 Oregon
STEVEN FRICK 1965 Oregon
Russell Gonzales 1964 Oregon
Russell Gonzales 1964 Oregon
Jose Gonzalez 1953 Oregon
Raymond Johnson 1946 Oregon
Richard Long 1944 Oregon
Donnell Love 1964 Oregon
Albert Mitchell 1939 Kentucky
Amos Mortier 1977 Wisconsin
Kevin Nordquist 1967 Oregon
Kinsey Otto 1976 Nevada
Bradley Ross 1956 Kentucky
Jerry Smith 1951 Oregon

Looks like there have been no new rule outs besides a duplicate of Russell Gonzales again (that makes 3).

Is there a recon for this John Doe?

This case has a long list of rule-outs previously. Can anyone see any recent additions? (I'm trying to use my coronavirus/working-from-home days to devote a bit of time to searching on some older cases.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back