FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for Michelle Parker has moved into a third county in as many weeks.

The missing Orlando mother's family said a tip called in to CrimeLine has led them to Daytona Beach.

The tipster reported seeing a woman matching Parker's description in the area of Atlantic Avenue and Seabreeze Boulevard.

Her family said Parker is apparently familiar with the area, because she would sometimes work as a bartender or promoter for area nightclubs at hot spots.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...moves-Michelle-Parker-search-to-Daytona-Beach

Not necessarily. It depends on how it is set up. My nephew's father passed away when he was younger (dad was divorced from mom at the time). He has a trust fund. It is managed by his uncle (dad's brother). It is to be disbursed in 2 intervals - when he turns 25 and then at 30. My nephew's mother has absolutely zero access to it. The only money she received to help raise my nephew after his father passed was the father's social security benefit. Dad was not married and had no other children, so the social security money went to my nephew/his mom.

This trust fund appears to be set up for their present care, not for years down the road.

No one in the family is working, no income coming through, they need money for the children, so they don't suffer from the lose of income as well as to purchase fliers and t-shirts. This is basically what is posted on the family Facebook.

Mod note:

Wow. I woke up to a flurry of alerts on this thread. I have removed a bunch of back & forth bickering posts. Come on, peeps.

This has been a really civil, constructive discussion complete with differing points-of-view until now. I strongly suggest we steer it back in that direction.

Seems like a refresher is in need.

Best Practices in Dealing with your Fellow Poster, complete with instructions on how to use your Ignore List.

Please do not quote and respond to posts you find offensive or violate the Rules and TOS. Instead, use the alert feature - the triangle at the top right of each post.

Please remember - every poster is responsible for their own posts, actions and reactions. :blowkiss:

Was this aired today?

Yes, But the link you provided for the raw video above is part of it.

My mistake it was Dale's truck that was seen not Michelle's.

Thanks!

Please note that I started my post with "If the trust fund is setup for the children (meaning twins and 11 yr old)"; no where did I say that Dale would be entitled to it or access it.

The children would be the ones that are entitled to it. However, since they are minors, then the parent/guardian would have to use the money for their care, just like with child support.

I would have to assume that all three children would be given money equally for their care.

BBM. Actually that is exactly what you said in Post No. 207 of this thread.

Just jumping off your post Nurse!

I just wanted to clarify that it appears that the family not Orlando LE that's off searching other cities. They are hoping beyond hope to find Michelle alive and well. Sadly, as we have seen in other cases, this is often a wild goose chase for the family. Orlando LE is not searching in areas that you would find a live person in.

And I'm not hoping or wishing Michelle dead. My thoughts are based on facts, statistics, and past experience in following other cases.

Father says tip is reason for search moving to Daytona area.

I was just watching the morning news (cfnews13) and they had video of her father talking about a tip in which someone saw a person matching DS's description and another person ?? coming out of woods on Hwy20 in that area. I thought this was the link to the video, but it apparently is just an article. Did anyone else hear or see this?

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...moves-Michelle-Parker-search-to-Daytona-Beach

BBM. These statements are absolutely incorrect.

Dale isn't entitled to anything unless it is allowed by the "rules" of the trust fund. Trust funds are established with very specific rules as to how the money can be used, when it can be accessed, and by who.

The above is true, however without reading the trust document that was filed it is impossible to say with any certainty who the trust benefits and who can benefit. The only person(s) that truly have access to a trust is the administrator(s) of that trust. The administrator decides how the funds are distributed based on the stipulations of that trust. Distributions from a trust are always at the discretion of the administrator.

If the trust is set up for the current care of the children then the funds belong to the children. It would be legally inappropriate for the administrator to release funds to anyone for use in a manner that did not directly benefit the children. If Michelle's family are the beneficiaries of the trust (on behalf of the children) then Dale does not have any right to the funds.

The only way to completely settle the matter is to review the trust document that was filed with the court.

I have to go to Titusville today. I was looking for a different route and had forgotten about FL 407. (also known as Challenger Memorial Pkwy)

If you were to jump on 528 (Beachline Toll Rd) from DS's condo head east towards I-95, there is a short cut to Titusville. It's the FL 407. It is a 2 lane rd, and let's put it this way, I would hate to break down there. No lights, stores or anything.

Just a thought since it's been reported he was working in Titusville.

Father says tip is reason for search moving to Daytona area.

I was just watching the morning news (cfnews13) and they had video of her father talking about a tip in which someone saw a person matching DS's description and another person ?? coming out of woods on Hwy20 in that area. I thought this was the link to the video, but it apparently is just an article. Did anyone else hear or see this?

Yes, it's in the video Patti G posted above. The raw video from WFTV. It was 520 and 528. Seems like that's why they searched the are. Brad Parker is also blasting Crimeline.

Did this air today?

Just a few minutes ago, although I missed the part about the SUV looking like .... ??? ... didn't catch that at all, but did hear about them seeing someone coming out of woods. I can't find the video!!! :pullhair:

Yes, it's in the video Patti G posted above. The raw video from WFTV. It was 520 and 528. Seems like that's why they searched the are. Brad Parker is also blasting Crimeline.

The one I saw said Hwy 20... that's 17-92 in Daytona... straight shot to Sanford. Not 528 or 520... that's different.

A new report just out says that they are expanding the search to Daytona Beach now I'm confused.

Doesn't sound like LE is buying the 72 minute theory. More like 6 hours and 43 minutes to me.

The one I saw said Hwy 20... that's 17-92 in Daytona... straight shot to Sanford. Not 528 or 520... that's different.

17-92 is 17-92 in Daytona, Deland, Sanford, Orlando. Not sure where you are getting highway 20 as being the same road.

Once again, a Florida case brings me back to Websleuths. I feel DS2 is very suspicious and don't doubt he is involved. I do however feel he did not act alone and did not act out of a fit of rage.

My biggest question is what happened after she dropped the kids off? I feel like a fight didn't just break out and go wrong, ending her life. Her twins are 3. I have a 3 year old and while children that age wouldn't be a good resource for facts, they definitely know if something has gone wrong. Even if it was so say, "Mommy dropped me off. She didn't say goodbye." Which I imagine would be part of the scenario if they were watching tv while DS2 killed her in another room. I know it is a big deal if I don't say goodbye to my son. He doesn't forget it. I would like to know what the kids saw/heard.

I wish LE would release more info.

I found it odd that they would be searching in Daytona before I heard about the tip. That I have a feeling, is just wishful thinking on the family's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror