GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The children being taken away makes no sense IF indeed she had a babysitter to watch the kids. I've known single moms who had night jobs and the teenage child would be home alone with the siblings. There has got to be more to this story. Something is just not adding up for me.

The decision for the state to take children after one goes missing seems so random to me. On one hand, you have Sky's sister who was taken immediately and on the other, baby Lisa's brothers were left with the mom and dad even after the baby was abducted and mom admitted to being drunk. :waitasec:

Jorelys mother worked nights. Of course she needs to get some sleep. There was a babysitter and the playground was at their HOME (and it looks like a well-kept, very nice little playground). She did not do anything wrong, IMHO, that would merit the state taking the other children.

Of course, that's just MHO.

The way he says this was calculated has me *speculating that maybe there was the intention to lock up these open apartment(s) in the complex after the work day. I am still speculating off of my own stuff - so none of this is fact.

I wish a reporter would ask why the apartment was open. And if there was an intention to look it that evening.

I am also wanting to know if the babysitter had any friends/acquaintances in the complex. And the mom that was on the playground that day, who did she see around the playground?

I have more questions today than yesterday.

From the look of the picture that nursebeeme put up of the park, if you were to walk into the playground and watch over the children playing, you would be facing the exterior wall of an apartment building with your back exposed to the street/sidewalk. There would be very little chance to see someone out there lurking around.

With these children being so small, I have little doubt they had trouble seeing anything.

Exactly...if the mom last saw her Thursday night, who got up with her in the morning to get her off to school? The teenager? If that's the case, she almost had to live with them.

Exactly...if the mom last saw her Thursday night, who got up with her in the morning to get her off to school? The teenager? If that's the case, she almost had to live with them.

I've seen her described as a "family friend who lived with them".

The decision for the state to take children after one goes missing seems so random to me. On one hand, you have Sky's sister who was taken immediately and on the other, baby Lisa's brothers were left with the mom and dad even after the baby was abducted and mom admitted to being drunk. :waitasec:

Jorelys mother worked nights. Of course she needs to get some sleep. There was a babysitter and the playground was at their HOME (and it looks like a well-kept, very nice little playground). She did not do anything wrong, IMHO, that would merit the state taking the other children.

Of course, that's just MHO.

Neither the babysitter nor the mother are facing charges related to this disappearance, so it sounds like LE feels the same way. A 7 year old (IMHO) should be able to play alone on their apartment complex play yard without constant supervision, under the law.

I think the kids were removed because during the investigation other lapses of supervision came to light.

What concerns me about the sitter situation is somebody had to watch the kids while Mom slept but also while she worked, so did the teenager watch the kids all of this time ?

?

That's what I'm wondering. Not suggesting this is what was happening, but was the teen more in the position of indentured servent? Friend of the family, who in exchange for room and board is basically on duty 24/7. And how old is she? Is she in school? And, sorry to be crass, but is she legal? Is she being exploited?

I am not a local... but it seems to me that there may be more than one play ground area... notice that this picture of a play area butts right up against the apartment buildings:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...che/textarticle_640/2011/12/06/Playground.jpg

this is the picture that was on cnn

Thanks! I think I found it. Now in the center. And I remember them saying she had to cross the street to get to the playground. So perhaps she lived in one of the 2 buildings on the right??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-06 at 1.01.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-06 at 1.01.42 PM.png
    768.3 KB · Views: 36
RIP beautiful Jorely
jorelys-rivera2.jpg

http://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/jorelys-rivera2.jpg

Blunt force trauma, stabbings, sexual assault and "others not wanting to discuss"

Dear God what can be worse than all of that? Trying not to think about it.

Im so sorry Jorely.

If being a good mother is based on providing my son with "basically anything he wants", well then I must be fantastic.

When you become a mom, you have to learn to put your needs aside (such as sending the children out to play alone for hours on end). To love, and to nurture - to spend time with them.

Baed on comments I read under several articles, this area is known for drug dealings, stabbings and violence.

I don't care if she fed the kids 3 gourmet meals a day -- when you send your children outside under these dangerous conditions, you're asking for trouble. Even if you send them outside with a teenage babysitter.

So the next time she asks "why this happened to her" -- take a good hard look in the mirror. Ignorance isn't always bliss.

Sorry, but that's how I feel. If a mother won't protect her children she can't expect anyone else to :(

MOO

Mel

Mel, I wanted to clarify or clear up something in what you said. The apartment complex is NOT in a bad area. It is in a nice area with nice shopping centers and restaurants just 1 block away. As someone who has lived in the area since 2000, I can tell you that certain parts of Canton are nicer than others. I may be criticized for saying this BUT.....The problem in my opinion is that almost every apartment complex in the Canton area is at least partially Section 8, which obviously brings in the lower income families and unfortunately, often times more crime. After my divorce in 2007, I looked at this River Ridge for myself and it looks really nice but I ended up moving into a different one in the same area. Well, once I got in there I found out it was partially Section 8 property and there was crime there. Nothing major at the time but drugs and vandalism within the complex. I NEVER let my daughters, ages 6 and 9 out of my sight there even though we lived right next to the playground. It was awful because I was just paranoid..... About a year ago a hispanic man who lived there killed his wife and baby then killed himself. It was awful!

Thanks! I think I found it. Now in the center. And I remember them saying she had to cross the street to get to the playground. So perhaps she lived in one of the 2 buildings on the right??

that is it... thank you mrsu!

with your mad mapping skillz could you also mark the adjacent building? that is where the gbi said the vacant apartment was

(so her building is next to the ranch style building and adjacent building would be the one butting up on the playground, right?)

Gosh, that trash compactor looks like it is worlds away from each playground.
How? No one saw anything? NOTHING?

Now I see why the car search is/was going on.

I am not a local... but it seems to me that there may be more than one play ground area... notice that this picture of a play area butts right up against the apartment buildings:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...che/textarticle_640/2011/12/06/Playground.jpg

this is the picture that was on cnn

According to the listed ammenities, they do have two playgrounds. I think the one pictured on the apartment website is not the one you pictured here. :waitasec:

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/index-2.html

How old are the other children? What about the babysitter? How old is she? Was mom at work when this happened?

I don't understand why they took the kids away from her.

Neighbors had said she left the kids home alone, they were outside after dark and other things.

If that is true, then they better be removing the kids and I am guessing that is exactly what they heard when they arrived.

Once LE were there, nobody had to be the one to call them and one child was already missing...
Well then they were perfectly willing to help these kids. :banghead:

(For future reference, if *your* neighbor is leaving her toddler and baby home alone with a 6 year old... call the cops. Okay? Thanks.)

that is it... thank you mrsu!

with your mad mapping skillz could you also mark the adjacent building? that is where the gbi said the vacant apartment was

(so her building is next to the ranch style building and adjacent building would be the one butting up on the playground, right?)

I'm not sure. I was thinking it was one of them to the right, across the street. Like where "play" of playground starts? I remember reading she had to "cross the street" to get to the park?

Gosh, that trash compactor looks like it is worlds away from each playground.
How? No one saw anything? NOTHING?

Now I see why the car search is/was going on.

I have been trying, without luck, to find which building is 7000... that is the one the coke cans were found behind...

So looking at that map, it seems the dumpster is on the way out (if one was driving) toward Reinhardt Parkway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member