GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was killed in a vacant apartment, why didn't he leave her there? Seems risky to move her if he didn't have a car. If he did have a car, why go to the trouble to dispose of the body, yet not even take it out of the complex? Was LE searching cars leaving the apartments?

I'm still trying to figure out *how* she was moved without anyone seeing anything? Wasn't LE swarming the place by then?

Just in case the rumor is going around about an arrest, here's a tweet from the reporter who I linked before.

CantonSxesPatch Canton-Sixes Patch
Rumors of an arrest in the #JorelysRivera case are not true, said Lt. Jay Baker, spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.

I'm still trying to figure out *how* she was moved without anyone seeing anything? Wasn't LE swarming the place by then?

She went missing possibly as early as 3:45. Cops arrived about 5:30-ish. So the perp would have enough time to do his dirty work. But he had to be quick about it.

I am still wondering about a handyman or apt, Manager type. Someone who would not look out of place coming and going from empty apartments or basements, or carrying large bundles to the trash area.

Anyone know how far from Jorely's apt. the weird guy that was interviewed on tv last night lives? The one who said his gf knew her well and often watched her play. How long has he lived at the complex. He seemed to be "aware" of a lot of the goings on. JMO

yeah I am questioning the timeline as well, has the babysitter been questioned that we know of?

Anyone know how far from Jorely's apt. the weird guy that was interviewed on tv last night lives? The one who said his gf knew her well and often watched her play. How long has he lived at the complex. He seemed to be "aware" of a lot of the goings on. JMO

I don't know--but he had my hinky meter going off when I saw him being interviewed. He seemed very odd and he mentioned that he was home during the time the child went missing too. He even watched them searching the ravine. I hope they have searched his car and apt. really thoroughly.

Sorry ClairNC. It has been 10 years since I lived in St. Pete. Might even be a tunnel to Tampa now. Thanks for the info. Just shows you are never to old to learn. Thanks again.

True, they may have been trying. But I am very uncomfortable thinking that Jorely was not allowed to come into her home after school every day. If Mom is still sleeping at 5:30, then did the kids have to stay away and play outside every afternoon? A kid should be able to come home after school and relax and feel safe at home. imo

BBM Katydid, was that reported by MSM? If so I missed it, so can you please post a link. I'm trying to catch up in between working...

I agree, children should be able to come "home" after school or at least to a safe environment.

Sorry for the O/T

Sorry ClairNC. It has been 10 years since I lived in St. Pete. Might even be a tunnel to Tampa now. Thanks for the info. Just shows you are never to old to learn. Thanks again.

I am in my early 50's and I try to learn something new everyday. It's what makes life interesting...

I don't know--but he had my hinky meter going off when I saw him being interviewed. He seemed very odd and he mentioned that he was home during the time the child went missing too. He even watched them searching the ravine. I hope they have searched his car and apt. really thoroughly.

I find it odd that he places himself near the crime when it occurred...
and then to say the gf watched the child on the playground but HE never saw Jorely???:waitasec:
Yes, I too hope he is being looked at very closely.
Heck I even wrote his name down!

BBM Katydid, was that reported by MSM? If so I missed it, so can you please post a link. I'm trying to catch up in between working...

I agree, children should be able to come "home" after school or at least to a safe environment.

No, I said I hate to think she was not allowed inside. And it was just implied because the kids were outside while mom was inside asleep. And the mom said she had not seen her daughter since the night before. So it makes me think that mom slept in each afternoon and the babysitter was supposed to keep the kids busy outside while mom slept. Just my opinion.

Thanks georgiagirl for the link to the Huffingtom post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/jorelys-rivera_n_1132110.html

BBM below from the article :waitasec:
Investigators believe a Georgia girl abducted from a residential playground was taken to a nearby vacant apartment, where she was sexually assaulted, stabbed and beaten to death before her body was placed in a trash bin, authorities said Tuesday.

Several sex offenders living at the complex have been identified and interviewed, Keenan said. But he added, "We have no reason to believe, at this point, that sex offenders are involved."

The decision for the state to take children after one goes missing seems so random to me. On one hand, you have Sky's sister who was taken immediately and on the other, baby Lisa's brothers were left with the mom and dad even after the baby was abducted and mom admitted to being drunk. :waitasec:

Jorelys mother worked nights. Of course she needs to get some sleep. There was a babysitter and the playground was at their HOME (and it looks like a well-kept, very nice little playground). She did not do anything wrong, IMHO, that would merit the state taking the other children.

Of course, that's just MHO.

No, apparently it was based on an ongoing pattern of poor supervision of these young children. There were reports that the middle child was found wandering around alone recently, etc.

Has LE said who called in the missing person report and exactly waht time it was called in?

The discrepancy of 3:45pm and 5pm (on the playground) is confusing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname