GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This person has likely victimized children before, and probably women, but I have the feeling this is the first time he has murdered. I think he thought he could get away with it, partly because J's mother was not born to this country, english is not her first language, and she is working alot using a teenage family friend to supervise the kids much of the time.

I think this perp honestly figured with the rash of kids being reported missing by suspicious behaving parents that LE would immediately focus on mom and he would fade into the background, free and clear. I think he viewed poor little J as more "disposable" than previous victims.

Now that he has killed, he must be stopped or he will do it again and again.

Exactly kat - that's what got me thinking. No forced entry - so was it left unlocked or did someone with a key enter? IF (and this is supposition here - no confirmation) this unit had been privately owned, then "other" people would have had keys - KWIM? Or - if this complex was all rentals - then obviously someone who works there and has access to keys opened it.

At the PC today - when it was said that the perp lived there or had ready access to the complex - told me that it was either a worker or possibly a former owner (NOT tenant - because locks are usually re-keyed once a renter moves out).

I just hope they get this creep soon - like tonight!!!

I am not disagreeing with you, just another possibility. I think it was someone she knew or had seen around the complex. No one heard screams or anything disturbance. Also he was carrying a knife. That sounds preplanned to me. jmo

unless he was a maintenance man, they often carry flip knifes, box cutters, etc. Very handy to have a blade ready for use when in that field. But I agree that it was someone who is not out of place around the complex, knows their way around, feels comfortable enough to make use of a vacant apartment, no screams or ruckus, indicating someone who was not perceived as a threat til it was entirely too late.

This person has likely victimized children before, and probably women, but I have the feeling this is the first time he has murdered. I think he thought he could get away with it, partly because J's mother was not born to this country, english is not her first language, and she is working alot using a teenage family friend to supervise the kids much of the time.

I think this perp honestly figured with the rash of kids being reported missing by suspicious behaving parents that LE would immediately focus on mom and he would fade into the background, free and clear. I think he viewed poor little J as more "disposable" than previous victims.

Now that he has killed, he must be stopped or he will do it again and again.

To me the crime seems awfully viscious and very intense. She was killed from a blow on the head. Why did he beat her and why did he stab her. It sounds like such rage. jmo

FWIW....I still can't get over the fact that her other children were taken from her at a time like this. And why are the grandparents wanting to get custody of the other children? What about the dad? Are they still married or separated? Why wouldn't he ensure his wife and children are safe?

I admit not following this case as close as others so forgive me if some of these questions were already answered.

Reading the horrific details of this baby girl's murder is unconsionable.

To me the crime seems awfully viscious and very intense. She was killed from a blow on the head. Why did he beat her and why did he stab her. It sounds like such rage. jmo

I absolutely agree, from what we have not been told, along with what we have about her injuries, this was over the top brutal. But I am not shocked, anyone who will kidnap a 7 yr old to brutally rape her, has a lot of rage issues IMO. Poor little punkin was just the perfect convenient victim with which to fully express it :(

I don't think we will have to wait much longer for an arrest.

I read somewhere that part of this apt complex was Section 8. Does anyone know if that is true? IF that is factual, then I doubt very seriously these apt would have been privately owned condos at one point.

When looking at the photos of these apts, they look very similar in design to Post Apts in the greater Atlanta area.

I know. I almost resisted writing that because Lord KNows my kids drank plenty of sodas. I was just trying to describe what was bothering me about the situation. In my gut I just felt that the kids were instructed to stay outside all day every day so mom could sleep. But I could be mistaken.

I appreciate your opinion Katy. I'm not arguing with it at all. :)

Because JMHO nine times out of ten when we see missing kids threads here there is some kind of dysfunction going on in the home. Usually not always.

And Mom may very well have done that and that wouldn't be what either of us would have done and since the younger ones were removed I agree there was something less than ideal about the home.

And you know to be honest I have to catch myself sometimes from focusing in on Moms and Dads because a lot of the time I want to literally thump them in the forehead and say "what in the heck where you thinking"? (not usually said so nicely inside my head).

But that is my way of seperating myself emotionally and enabling myself to say well that couldnt' happen to me because I dont...or I wouldn't...but I have to redirect myself to focus on the person that actually molests these kids or murders them. Because at the end of the day that is who ultimately is responsible for these cases.

Breaks your heart don't it? All JMHO

I have only been following in lurk mode but I don't think I have enough information about the home and childcare situation to comment or form an opinion yet about the removal of the other kids. What I can and will say is, this woman and the remaining children are in my prayers.

Disorganized,mentally unstable.Homeless? drug addict?alcoholic?

It's the rage that gives me pause....that's personal.

It's the rage that gives me pause....that's personal.

That is what I was just thinking too. Personal. Maybe not personal toward Jorely but another child? IDK

Its also odd that even though some people (kids) saw her head to her house for the Cokes - that no one saw anything else. No one saw her come back out - no one saw anyone talking to her or walking near her or anything.

I know they found the Coke cans - but I don't remember where they were found. Wonder if they were found in the "back" and maybe she went out the back door instead of the front - maybe saw a puppy or kitty and went out the back way to pet it thinking she could walk around the building once she was done?

I agree with her.But I feel the person was a homeless transient.Living in there.

I am from this area, grew up here, this apt complex is not the type of place to have homeless people hanging around unnoticed. This crime was committed by someone who lived in the complex, many apts have more people in them than bedrooms. Many people live there wont be on the lease.

Not unusual for many apts in this county and surrounding counties to be vacant for months. Cost cutting measures in most of them mean things fall through the cracks.

Disorganized,mentally unstable.Homeless? drug addict?alcoholic?

I started to comment that it sounded like drug rage to me. But, I am not an authority on that so I didn't mention it. It certainly sounds like someone out of their mind. I have never understood the whole mentality of sexual attacks anyway. Why do they have to committ the murder. Molest is horrible, but do it and go on, don't kill the victim. Especially a beautiful young child. I don't think it is about the sex. Look at this creep at Penn St. he molested the boys, but he didn't hurt them physically afterwards. jmo

I started to comment that it sounded like drug rage to me. But, I am not an authority on that so I didn't mention it. It certainly sounds like someone out of their mind. I have never understood the whole mentality of sexual attacks anyway. Why do they have to committ the murder. Molest is horrible, but do it and go on, don't kill the victim. Especially a beautiful young child. I don't think it is about the sex. Look at this creep at Penn St. he molested the boys, but he didn't hurt them physically afterwards. jmo

This killer sounds like Somer Thompsons murderer.

I have been thinking in this realm...could it have been retailiation against the mother for some reason. I might be totally off here.

or dad? or both? I know I keep repeating myself but I don't get why the kids were taken. And now the maternal grandparents are wanting to take them? Where will mom go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911