GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to comment that it sounded like drug rage to me. But, I am not an authority on that so I didn't mention it. It certainly sounds like someone out of their mind. I have never understood the whole mentality of sexual attacks anyway. Why do they have to committ the murder. Molest is horrible, but do it and go on, don't kill the victim. Especially a beautiful young child. I don't think it is about the sex. Look at this creep at Penn St. he molested the boys, but he didn't hurt them physically afterwards. jmo

They commit the murder because they don't want to be caught, they don't want to be accountable, and sometimes it is part of their excitement. They like it. As for the "creep at Penn State": molestation kills innocence. It is another crime that is unending, it lasts for the life of the child. There is no excuse. The victims are hurt emotionally, spiritually and physically.

or dad? or both? I know I keep repeating myself but I don't get why the kids were taken. And now the maternal grandparents are wanting to take them? Where will mom go?

I do not agree with thier decision at all.It makes me mad.These little children need thier mother.Especially now.But I don't know the whole story so I won't go there.

Couple of questions : Who is the farther of the one-year old? Are there "gangs" in Canton?

They commit the murder because they don't want to be caught, they don't want to be accountable, and sometimes it is part of their excitement. They like it. As for the "creep at Penn State": molestation kills innocence. It is another crime that is unending, it lasts for the life of the child. There is no excuse. The victims are hurt emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Well said Laces.

Jumping off to follow thoughts---

It looks personal because it is personal. For the perp. IMHO.

The rage and anger is personal and Jorelys may have only been an easy target that offered the opportunity for the expression of this rage and hatred. Not that she was the personally a target but she represented a chance to unleash the fury and hatred. Just a possibility. Not saying that's what happened here.

But IMHO offenders that seek to molest, rape, sodomize, brutalize and murder children are cowards. Big flippin' cowards. They have to choose someone that isn't physically capable of fighting back because they themselves are so small spiritually. Because IMHO we all know this isn't about sexual gratification it's about power, control and aggression and releasing rage. Big cowards that I have no sympathy for--at all.

all JMHO.

or dad? or both? I know I keep repeating myself but I don't get why the kids were taken. And now the maternal grandparents are wanting to take them? Where will mom go?

The feeling I gleened from the article talking about how the Grandparents wanted to get the children was because they realized how hard it was for their daughter to make it on her own with three children. Their comment was that she needed help. Maybe they will take her (mom) back home with them too.

I have to admire this woman who is alone with three children, getting work where ever she can, and trying her best to raise her family. Many women turn to other means to manage an income. I don't believe this was any retaliation against mom or dad. I think if it were retaliation it would be in out and a gun shot to the head execution style. jmo

It's the rage that gives me pause....that's personal.

I agree! I believe Jorely knew the murderer, or had possibly been victimized (in some way) by this person before MOO-MOO-MOO. I hope LE has asked the mom about a potential past incident. However even if something had occured, there is a chance that (1) Jorely was too ashamed/ scared to say anything to her mom or LE (2) the mom would not have reported it... because she was worried that she would be blamed for neglecting her children. However, (like in Skylar Kauffman's case) there may have been some early warning signs ...that if investigated further, may lead LE to the monster who did this.

This was way too violent for me to believe that the murderer "intended" to rape Jorely, but ended up murdering her too, out of the fear of getting caught. That is why I think she may have to some capacity known her murderer. I hope the babysitter, siblings, family, or kids in the neighborhood can remember if any suspicious events took place (days/weeks) before this tragedy. However, (MOO) with all the info given, this is pointing to the maint. person. :furious::furious::furious:

Doesn't make sense to me...why would someone move a mattress into an empty apt.? It would call attention to LE, plus it would retain bodily fluids and DNA. Would have been wiser to just rape someone on the floor.

I apologize in advance if my thoughts have been discussed before. I haven't had time to read alot of the previous posts on this thread. I live in a rural agricultural county in GA. We have a large Hispanic population and have had for about 20 years now. I have probably taught a couple of hundred Hispanic children over the years and so have had daily opportunities to observe the interactions between Hispanic adults and young children. I do not claim to be an expert on relations between people. I will tell you what I have observed about our local Hispanic population.
I know of no child abuse cases involving Hispanic children in my area. None. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I have never heard of it.
Hispanic adults treasure their children and young children in general. Most of our Hispanic children are happy. When they bring their infants and toddlers to parent meetings, the babies are cooing, crawling around exploring, and kissing the parents.
When something is needed at school or for school, it is often the Hispanic students who bring it or pay their share first. Most parents recognize the value of an education and expect their children to come to school, behave, and learn. Yes, they can and do have discipline problems. The majority do not.
Many of our Hispanic families feel they have a tenuous existence in our area.
They do not want their children to do anything that may call attention to them in any way. The recently passed GA law tightening down on immigrants in our state has caused many Hispanics in our area to leave. Those remaining certainly don't want trouble.
Problems in the Hispanic community are mostly solved within that community. I don't believe they would allow a member of that community to get away with murdering a child like this child was murdered.
Having said this, I believe that this child's killer will not be Hispanic. Of course, these are just my opinions based on my experiences. I could be wrong.

Doesn't make sense to me...why would someone move a mattress into an empty apt.? It would call attention to LE, plus it would retain bodily fluids and DNA. Would have been wiser to just rape someone on the floor.

I think the mattress was there for neferious reasons and the perp just happened to know it was in there. I don't think it was brought in for this crime. jmo

Couple of questions : Who is the farther of the one-year old? Are there "gangs" in Canton?

I don't think there are really any gangs in Canton. Canton is a smaller community and I truly feel this is just an act of rage against this poor child.

This is why I feel the person lived in the vacant apartment.Her killers attack may not have been planned.She possibly tried to fight him off and that really angered him/her.

Earlier this evening DH mentioned this case. Anyone who is familiar with me knows DH does not join me or even necessarily appreciate my fascination with this site or with following these cases.

There is a firestation next to our home. They have a soda machine. It is common practice for us in the past to have allowed our kids to go (together) to the machine if it is still light and buy a root beer.

This evening he insisted on walking the twenty feet with them, citing Jorelys as his reason. He said "babe, a little girl in GA was snatched off the playground at her own apartment complex and murdered. I heard it on the news. You cant even let your kid out of your sight for a second anymore. This world is messed up."

First I was shocked that he had even paid attention to news coverage. And yeah, he had only gotten the gist of the story and some of his facts weren't right. But this guy pays no attention to this stuff usually, too upsetting for him. Whatever report he happened to hear really affected and disturbed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannaT
Maybe that's one of the reasons LE thinks this was planned ahead of time. [/B

That was my first thought as well

Bravo, what was your first thought? Just curious!

Thanks, Pac2011

I have only been following in lurk mode but I don't think I have enough information about the home and childcare situation to comment or form an opinion yet about the removal of the other kids. What I can and will say is, this woman and the remaining children are in my prayers.

Totally agree. The Mother was working and child care was provided on that night. If this perp targeted her he would have eventually had an opportunity. If it was random it would have been another child. I cant comment on the supervision issue until it's confirmed.

Another possibility is who rented the apt before?Were they evicted,moved out?I remember Somer Thompsons killer I believe if I remember correctly went back to his home when it was suppose to be vacant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannaT
Maybe that's one of the reasons LE thinks this was planned ahead of time. [/B

Bravo, what was your first thought? Just curious!

Thanks, Pac2011

My first thought- Based on what LE found in the apt. (and had not fully disclosed they concluded this was planned) Perp had to have some method of hiding her to get her to the dumpster. Had to have brought along item/s. Definitely very premeditated in my book. I do feel that he watched her and targeted her. Again just my gut feeling. Your welcome Pac :seeya:

Just catching up on this case, so sad. At least it sounds like they may catch her killer quite soon, poor baby girl.

A few things strike me as odd. I'm surprised that they would take the other children within a matter of days. This makes it seems like there are historical instances which make it likely that the other children are in danger. You see so many missing child cases, and even murders, where the children are never removed, even if a mother's boyfriend or something is suspected. The fact that they were removed almost instantly makes me a little uneasy. Just my own opinion.

The other thing I think is odd is that she went inside to get sodas and those cans were found outside her apartment. I've never abducted a child, but I would assume if someone were watching her on the playground and followed her in, or left his apartment and met her in the hallway, that person would want to abduct her before she went inside. She could have stayed inside, or her mother could have come back out with her or watched her leave. Again, just something that seemed a little weird to me.

I do wonder if either the mother or the babysitter had a boyfriend, maybe someone who would have been in the apartment when she came in for sodas and followed her out. It seems like a very emotional crime to me.

A lot of questions and thoughts -

Evidence? Maybe the evidence of preplanning was something found with Jorelys, like duct tape, handcuffs? Something that would not have normally been on a perp? Did we hear about a bloodied mattress way before Jorelys was found? When Jorelys was found but before the suspected empty apartment was found? When the empty apt was first searched, was it locked or unlocked?

Dumpster? It was said LE had to wait on the company to come on Monday and dismantle it so they could move it. How do they normally empty it? Do they have to dismantle it to do it? Do they just switch it out with an empty one? What was the schedule for emptying it? Once a week? Was there a schedule as to when the compacting would take place, such as each morning or M-W-F at a certain time, that someone would notice hearing the compactor operating at an unusual time?

Timeline? If the babysitter (bs) left the three children alone when she left for a little while, was Jorelys left in charge? When the friends left the park, they said that Jorelys was alone? Did the bs come with the little kids after the friends left and then leave at that time? When Jorelys left to get the drinks, did she leave the little ones alone at the park or had the bs come back and picked them up but leave Jorelys by herself? Or was Jorelys gone when the bs got back. And why was she going for four drinks? Was it for the bs and the two little ones? I'm all mixed up about this.

Mother - If she worked the night shift and came home after Jorelys left, maybe the bs was still watching the little ones during the night, but left for school when the mother got there. The mother would have then watched the little ones all day until the bs came from school and then let the bs watch the kids so she could lay down to sleep.

I apologize in advance if my thoughts have been discussed before. I haven't had time to read alot of the previous posts on this thread. I live in a rural agricultural county in GA. We have a large Hispanic population and have had for about 20 years now. I have probably taught a couple of hundred Hispanic children over the years and so have had daily opportunities to observe the interactions between Hispanic adults and young children. I do not claim to be an expert on relations between people. I will tell you what I have observed about our local Hispanic population.
I know of no child abuse cases involving Hispanic children in my area. None. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I have never heard of it.
Hispanic adults treasure their children and young children in general. Most of our Hispanic children are happy. When they bring their infants and toddlers to parent meetings, the babies are cooing, crawling around exploring, and kissing the parents.
When something is needed at school or for school, it is often the Hispanic students who bring it or pay their share first. Most parents recognize the value of an education and expect their children to come to school, behave, and learn. Yes, they can and do have discipline problems. The majority do not.
Many of our Hispanic families feel they have a tenuous existence in our area.
They do not want their children to do anything that may call attention to them in any way. The recently passed GA law tightening down on immigrants in our state has caused many Hispanics in our area to leave. Those remaining certainly don't want trouble.
Problems in the Hispanic community are mostly solved within that community. I don't believe they would allow a member of that community to get away with murdering a child like this child was murdered.
Having said this, I believe that this child's killer will not be Hispanic. Of course, these are just my opinions based on my experiences. I could be wrong.

EXACTLY my experience teaching and working with Latino families in NC! Thank you, could not have expressed it better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid