Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I rarely (I mean rarely) do this...I usually just follow the facts and don't draw conclusions and I certainly don't post them if I do but here goes...

I think he killed her. I think it *might* have been a beating that left her with internal injuries that she did not immediately succumb to, and when he realized that she was seriously injured or that she had died he panicked and came up with this bizarre story.

He's probably too proud to admit that he could do something like this, after all he has 7 kids, he is such a great uncle, he has tried for 8 years to get his life back on track...etc.

Ego, ego, ego. Never underestimate the power of an ego.

OT---I knew man once that beat a child in the head and that child had to be in the hospital for a day or two. You want to know what he said to me? I'm not a monster. I was discplining her. It went too far, but I'm not a monster.

Well, my definition of a monster and his definition are two different things apparently but back on to Baby B.

I think he did kill her and I think he tossed her. Now where and when he tossed her depends on if the minor who reportedly says that he/she saw her in the car with her Dad is either telling the truth or didn't know that Baby B had already died.

Or he could have outright murdered her. But I think he might have beat her to death and can't admit it to himself that he is indeed a monster and he is capable of doing that.

Shew. Okay I won't do that again for a long time probably :) All JMHO.

I agree with ya. He reminds me of someone else who spent many hours in front of a camera - Scott Peterson.

When Lane gets around to talking about B instead of himself, he doesn't focus on her for long. I was a bit taken aback when NG asked him where he thought B could be, or where people should look. Anywhere in America (words to that effect).

Really? Anywhere in America? Are we now dealing with international car-kid-jackers? Nah, not buying that for a second.

I hope he keeps talking. He's bound to slip up, or someone will find baby B (like Laci and Connor). My prayer is it's just a matter of time.

MOO

Mel

Like how he said he wants to be a teacher because his community needs more good teachers....

I watched NG tonight and than tried to go to sleep. Here it is 2:00 am and I can't sleep. I don't buy the car jacking story at all. Poor baby Bianca, paddled the night before. He must of hurt her so bad, maybe afraid to take her to the doctor or back to Mom for clothes, so he hid her and made up this carjacking story. She may still be alive but barely. He needs to talk now.

At the end of NG I thought she said that it was confirmed that the nephew had told LE that Bianca was in the car that morning and that she was alive. Did I hear that wrong? I suspect he is the one who told about the beating the night before and told him to stop. Then when he says she is alive, that would seem to contradict any possibility that the child was dead prior to about 8 am when he dropped the nephew off at school.

So could Bianca passed away in the car after that? Or did he kill her after that? I think it is really important to learn more about the nephews statement and what condition she was in in the car. Sleeping? Alert and happy? Sick and crying??

I think if nothing else DL has shown that his logic is flawed. first, by admitting that he used a paddle on a two year old. That likely will bring CPS involvement, since the MI statute for spanking is to srtike the child lightly, with only an open hand, on the buttocks only, and the contact can not leave a mark of any type. He admitted to paddling her with an object, which is illegal.

Also, let's look at the thought process here: You want your very young child, who is still of a perfectly acceptable age to still be in diapers, to start potty training, so when she has an accident, you hit her on the butt with a paddle, which will only serve to hurt her butt and make her less likely to want to sit on it to use the potty. Brilliant. Really showing that community college education there, and setting yourself up for a wonderful future in teaching or social work, or whatever other profession you come up with off the top of your head that makes you sound like a genuinely good person.

That just makes me want to cry. My DS was a verrryyyy slow trainer, and I never thought once to ever punish him during potty training. My goodness he wore pull ups until 4 or 5 when he went to bed. His sitter had him trained during the day, but boy was he a deep sleeper. I would never push him or punish him - that's just insane. I can't believe Lane was putting pressure on a 2 year old!!

Mel

So it was a child who said that he beat her and she was unresponsive? I wonder if it was a child in the house, or a child who was visiting...seems strange though, a child would say 'unresponsive'..I think I missed that article.

Something stinks about this whole picture this devoted daddy paints. How is he supporting his seven children, and how much time does he spend with each of them. Yeppers...he's a smooth talker....guess so with seven children with different mommies.

Poor little tot...only 24 months and she gets hit, hit, not spanked, hit with a paddle.

My five year old is still in Good nights, because he doesn't get the idea that he has to get up during the night. he was not fully potty trained during the day until he was almost five. It's never crossed my mind to beat him for it.

My four year old has never wet the bed. Not once. He got it the first time he went to the bathroom like a big kid, and he was three and a half.

My daughter, who is two, turning three in May, still isn't potty trained. In fact, she's terrified of her pretty pink princess potty seat. Still, it has never crossed my mind to beat her to get it through to her to use her potty. She just isn't ready yet, in a couple months that will probably change. It's not that big a deal. I just don't understand why we have so many kids dying these days because they have accidents. Don't the big bad abusers beating their kids for it realize that they all had at least one accident themselves when they were learning?

Investigators have reportedly searched Lane's home and confiscated objects for further study. Lane has indicated that his family and he have received several threats over the past few days, as a result of which he will not be returning home immediately.

"It's been told to me that it's in my best interest to just relax for a minute and kind of let things die down," he said, "If something was to happen where (Bianca) comes home tomorrow and someone does something to me tonight, what would be the tragedy then?"
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/262...es-missing-father-upset-investigation-lie.htm

Poor Dandre. It must be good for him to "relax" and "let things die down". We certainly wouldn't want a tragedy...

oh, wait a minute...

There already has been a tragedy...silly Dandre, always forgetting words like that, he must have meant another tragedy. I personally, cannot think of anything more tragic than my two year old being in the hands of violent carjackers with guns, including my own death or physical trauma, but hey, we all define tragedy differently, now don't we?

Have I mentioned that this guy makes me want to puke in my shoes?

Well at least D is doing a heck of a lot more than Debbie, Lena, or Julia, by talking. I gotta give him credit for that. People that kill/lie have a tendency to want to stay AWAY from the camera. D sat there for 14 minutes!

That doesn't mean guilty people don't sit for interviews (Scott Peterson). But it would be hard for D to sit there and lie and fake the entire interview unless he had a personality disorder (again, like S Peterson).

I'm jaded to the nth degree, but I am always pleased when a parent makes a heartfelf plea like D did. It gives me reason to hope.

I'd like to know if the beating the night before is true, and if the other child in the car in fact saw B in the car that morning. I have a hard time trying to reconcile that D killed B after he dropped off the other child at school. What would be that reason?

I will continue to be hopeful.

MOO

Mel

in the earlier video with the reporter stalking him when she asked if he was afraid of the hijacker with a gun and he replied, sounding shocked "what do YOU think??" and that had the ring of truth to me....I'm securely on the fence leaning towards him telling the truth for now...

Last Updated: December 06. 2011 1:52PM.

Dad of missing girl threatened to kill son, ex-wife claimed in court filing

George Hunter and Mike Martindale/ The Detroit News

Detroit— D'Andre Lane, father of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones, was barred from contacting his ex-wife after she accused him of trying to kill their 2-year-old son, according to a personal protection order filed in Oakland Circuit Court earlier this year...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111206...ex-wife-claimed-in-court-filing#ixzz1fmqrVUhZ

I just dont know...I'd take this with a pound or so of salt....in that court all a woman has to do to get a PPO is go down and say "s/he threatened to kill me/our kids/both" and as it's exparte it's entered immediately. then the person getting it is the one who has to pay the fees and whatnot to try to have it removed. I wont go into my ex's ex's whole ugly history here but believe me I spent hours and HOURS on the 18th floor of the city county building cause of this lying liar and it's not JUST her, it's all the hundreds of cases I watched while waiting ....in all that time...maybe 3 or 4 orders remained in place because there was truth to the claims...all the rest, hundreds of them, were people using them in order to keep fathers from kids or punishing neighbors.

Local news coming up at 4:00 - www.clickondetroit.com

Livestream - http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-/1719418/4447832/-/17wfyh/-/index.html

Bianca Jones just now coming up (4:05). Mom was personally thanking searchers today. Dad's story changed, so no one has clear timeline of what DL was doing from the time he left house until he reported car-jacking. More at 5:00.

as yall can prolly tell I am just catching up, I'm on page 5....here's where I am getting suspicious, with the story change...I've never seen a story change indicate anything positive...

I'm sorry and sad to say, but with D's rap sheet, murder was his next step. He wants "change" but can't-he is flawed...and guilty as sin...breaks my damn heart....JMO

I think if nothing else DL has shown that his logic is flawed. first, by admitting that he used a paddle on a two year old. That likely will bring CPS involvement, since the MI statute for spanking is to srtike the child lightly, with only an open hand, on the buttocks only, and the contact can not leave a mark of any type. He admitted to paddling her with an object, which is illegal.

Also, let's look at the thought process here: You want your very young child, who is still of a perfectly acceptable age to still be in diapers, to start potty training, so when she has an accident, you hit her on the butt with a paddle, which will only serve to hurt her butt and make her less likely to want to sit on it to use the potty. Brilliant. Really showing that community college education there, and setting yourself up for a wonderful future in teaching or social work, or whatever other profession you come up with off the top of your head that makes you sound like a genuinely good person.

My thoughts, too. I'm beginning to think that potty accident was the catalyst for little Bianca's death. I cannot imagine using a paddle on a BABY! Their little minds can't comprehend punishment... all they know is it hurts.
He's making me sick.

I was totally disgusted by DL and his lawyer on NG last night. She wanted them to give information which could lead to clues as to the child's location. It ended up with DL and his lawyer making it all about "poor" DL. The program was pure NG at it's best.

Did the lawyer actually think he could "use" an appearance on NG to float his own agenda?

Saying that DL told the police all the details of the carjacking and had them draw a sketch of the alleged perp doesn't do any good to the public at large. If the atty had been smart, he would have had DL go through the incident (as told to the police) and ask that, if there were any witnesses, they should call the tip hotline pronto.

As for DL's 8-year attempt to get his life in order... BS! How many children has he fathered during those years? How many baby's mamas lack the means to raise these children?

As for college, more BS. Someone at the CC would have already informed him that he would never have the opportunity to be a social worker or a teacher. His status as a felon would be picked up on a cursory background check.

There's so much more I could say, but I'll shut up for now and continue reading.

ETA: My eldest niece was 4 going on 5 when she started kdg. One of the requirements for kdg. is that the child needs to be potty trained. The big fear in the family was that she wouldn't make it in time. She knew what to do but refused to be bothered. Fancy undies, promised rewards didn't help. She potty-trained herself one day when someone mentioned it was too bad she wouldn't be able to go to school with her friends! DL, paddling is beating and doesn't help with a 2-year-old who probably isn't physically able to be trained. My sister didn't pressure, didn't spank. She just waited. When the child realized the consequences for herself, she took care of the situation pronto.

At the end of NG I thought she said that it was confirmed that the nephew had told LE that Bianca was in the car that morning and that she was alive. Did I hear that wrong? I suspect he is the one who told about the beating the night before and told him to stop. Then when he says she is alive, that would seem to contradict any possibility that the child was dead prior to about 8 am when he dropped the nephew off at school.

So could Bianca passed away in the car after that? Or did he kill her after that? I think it is really important to learn more about the nephews statement and what condition she was in in the car. Sleeping? Alert and happy? Sick and crying??

We've had a few cases in my area of toddlers dying after being beaten, just in the last couple of years. Yes, sometimes they don't die right away, it can take 24 hours or more. In most cases, it was the boyfriend of the mother who caused the death of the child.
The one case that stood out to me was when a young couple beat and tortured a 10-month old little girl, saying she was possessed with demons. In the trial, the prosecutors said she had bite marks and bruises all over her little body. The guy wasn't the baby's father, just a boyfriend of the mom, and they both had some mental problems. Obviously. It was one sad case, made me physically sick when it happened, and following the trials was really hard. They were both convicted, thank God.

I was totally disgusted by DL and his lawyer on NG last night. She wanted them to give information which could lead to clues as to the child's location. It ended up with DL and his lawyer making it all about "poor" DL. The program was pure NG at it's best.

Did the lawyer actually think he could "use" an appearance on NG to float his own agenda?

Saying that DL told the police all the details of the carjacking and had them draw a sketch of the alleged perp doesn't do any good to the public at large. If the atty had been smart, he would have had DL go through the incident (as told to the police) and ask that, if there were any witnesses, they should call the tip hotline pronto.

As for DL's 8-year attempt to get his life in order... BS! How many children has he fathered during those years? How many baby's mamas lack the means to raise these children?

As for college, more BS. Someone at the CC would have already informed him that he would never have the opportunity to be a social worker or a teacher. His status as a felon would be picked up on a cursory background check.

There's so much more I could say, but I'll shut up for now and continue reading.

ETA: My eldest niece was 4 going on 5 when she started kdg. One of the requirements for kdg. is that the child needs to be potty trained. The big fear in the family was that she wouldn't make it in time. She knew what to do but refused to be bothered. Fancy undies, promised rewards didn't help. She potty-trained herself one day when someone mentioned it was too bad she wouldn't be able to go to school with her friends! DL, paddling is beating and doesn't help with a 2-year-old who probably isn't physically able to be trained. My sister didn't pressure, didn't spank. She just waited. When the child realized the consequences for herself, she took care of the situation pronto.

Every child has their own timetable, it seems. I've seen some who were completely potty trained by 2, others who were much slower. All 3 of mine were slow learners, but I didn't give up and I never spanked them for having accidents. And it just seems that one day it suddenly dawns on them that going potty in the bathroom is the thing to do.
I've known a few young moms that have 2 or 3 kids still in diapers, depending on how close in age they are... I can't imagine having to buy that many diapers!!

Just getting settled and flipping on the news. Going back to catch up on what I've missed in this thread. Glad I did not login and see any bad news, although the longer this goes on the more I fear the worst :(

I am guessing that they starting searching landfills and abandoned houses right from the start. I don't think LE was buying this dad's story at all.

One of the Detroit News articles mentioned that the Detroit River was also searched last Saturday. It had to have been a cursory search of the area adjacent to WCCC because there was no mention of dive teams. jmo

I just dont know...I'd take this with a pound or so of salt....in that court all a woman has to do to get a PPO is go down and say "s/he threatened to kill me/our kids/both" and as it's exparte it's entered immediately. then the person getting it is the one who has to pay the fees and whatnot to try to have it removed. I wont go into my ex's ex's whole ugly history here but believe me I spent hours and HOURS on the 18th floor of the city county building cause of this lying liar and it's not JUST her, it's all the hundreds of cases I watched while waiting ....in all that time...maybe 3 or 4 orders remained in place because there was truth to the claims...all the rest, hundreds of them, were people using them in order to keep fathers from kids or punishing neighbors.

I beg to differ. I have seen women, I was one of them, that have gone in front of the judge after an out and out murder attempt documented with police reports, photos of injuries, and sworn witness statements, and still they have not received the PPO. It really depends who's working the day you submit the request to the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member