FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I am confused again.
Is it correct that Dale Smith Sr. owns 3 properties? And of those properties:
1) was previously searched (and is where he and his wife live)
2) is near where the canal search is going on today (Chaucer)
3) Is there a 3rd property?

And then in addition to those 3 properties there is 1 property owned by Dale Smith Jr.

Is this correct? TIA

Yes Dale SR owns a vacant lot on Mission Street or Drive I believe it was?

I'm sure this has been posted but what exactly is the bolded bit?

FL_FLutterby
Holy crap! They just closed Jordan and an Underwater Recovery Team truck just showed up.
50 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/FL_FLutterby

seems like it's a different term for "dive team"..............

I was just by the Florida Mall and found the OCSD roping off by a creek and it appears they have found something. I have photos I am downloading.

stand by....

Hello. Not sure how to post this twitter link, but here's a try. Mentions divers trying to pull something from water.

FL_FLutterby Lorraine Armstrong

They are trying to pull something out of the water. twitpic.com/7qxq1k

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been at work and am just now trying to catch up with posts today. Is this in the canal behind DS Sr.'s house?

And a few tweets down it said they just closed Jordan St and were calling in an underwater recovery truck!

:(

Maybe it is a vehicle? :(

:cloud9: If LE has found Michelle, let her be laid to rest in the proper and dignified way.

Two positives that I have learned from this case so far:
Relentless (never giving up from her family)
To really pay attention to the sources/dates of those sources etc...before posting. I tend to forget that we have loved ones on this board clammoring for the best possible information they can get.

can i ask what an undercover recovery truck is for? it sounds self explanitory... but im sometimes a lil off ;)

I'm sure this has been posted but what exactly is the bolded bit?

FL_FLutterby
Holy crap! They just closed Jordan and an Underwater Recovery Team truck just showed up.
50 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/FL_FLutterby

I'm not sure if it applies to LE vehicles but I found this:

http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=police&relpage=3763

UNDERWATER RECOVERY TRUCK
Used to transport team and individual divers' equipment, and provide for an area with a controlled environment for team members to change in and out of their diving gear, and for diver rehabilitation.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been at work and am just now trying to catch up with posts today. Is this in the canal behind DS Sr.'s house?

If you click on this: FL_FLutterby, you can see her tweets. She apparently lives two doors down from one of the properties, a rental, it appears.

Overheard the conversation of them having a find. They were in the process of roping off Jordan Street just east of Brockbank Drive. A multitude of dive team members with a huge square net contraption. It was overwhelming!

We have learned today that Dale Sr. owned another home, on Chaucer, and they are searching the canal behind that home.

Who is FLflutterby? Is that MSM? I don't think we can quote random twits, just MSM/reporters/LE/etc. since there is no way to verify the credibility of random twits.

I know we have talked about this regarding GPS and locators on I Phone 4...but maybe this link describes how LE found the phone (if it was found by LE) and why they are targeting this canal. The App described on this link also has an emergency mode as well...which can pinpoint pretty much your phone's exact location!

http://www.macworld.com/article/152726/2010/07/device_locator.html

please bring Michelle home to her family!

Based on previous statements released by LE it's very evident they was using triangulation to estimate the phone's location. Triangulation is based on the cell towers signal strength to the phone. While such triangulation can help narrow down a grid area it's far from being GPS pinpointing. Triangulation might give LE a radius of 1/2 mile where the phone was last recorded, and that's a lot of ground to search for a phone. Evidently MP never turned the E/911 option on with her phone. If she had of the phone would have been sending out a GPS signal, The GPS (E/911) would have told LE to look in a 300 ft radius...

Most phones today have the E/911 option. It doesn't cost you any extra energy from you battery to keep it running. IMO everyone would do well to turn theirs on. It may not save your life but it could help your family should something happen to you...

I think it was posted above in an article from the OS that DS Sr.'s sister lives in the house on Chaucer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea