FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed this I'm sure, but what exactly is the benefit of LE naming someone as a suspect or person of interest? Are there any legal insights into doing so? You seem to have a pretty good handle on this type of info, can you, or anyone, give me some insight? Does it change things from a legal standpoint?

Not that I am a legal expert because I AM NOT! But after having the opportunity to take a criminal law class (being taught by a very respected Judge), one thing he taught us is very simple. "when enough pressure is applied to a gulity balloon, it will break. Maybe not explode, but it will rupture."

and completly OT but my favorite from him was, " if someone broke into your house and is carrying your tv out the front door, Tell them to come upstairs cause you have a better one......."

[/B]

BBM...they have already supoena'ed DS phone records. That's why they were searching the areas they were last week, Lake Eleanor.

Interesting....thank you! So it appears the searches today were probably not from anything on his phone? Or I suppose it still could be?

I missed this I'm sure, but what exactly is the benefit of LE naming someone as a suspect or person of interest? Are there any legal insights into doing so? You seem to have a pretty good handle on this type of info, can you, or anyone, give me some insight? Does it change things from a legal standpoint?

afaik, naming someone a suspect has no legal effect on the person named.

Interesting....thank you! So it appears the searches today were probably not from anything on his phone? Or I suppose it still could be?

Well they were darn sure in the area of Sr's property...so they have reason to believe one or both of them are involved in the crime. It is a crime...that would be why the OSD is investigating. JMO and also why Sr and Mom were questioned under oath. They do that when they are investigating crimes against persons.

Well they were darn sure in the area of Sr's property...so they have reason to believe one or both of them are involved in the crime. It is a crime...that would be why the OSD is investigating. JMO and also why Sr and Mom were questioned under oath. They do that when they are investigating crimes against persons.

Not quite sure I understand this response

[/b]

BBM...they have already supoena'ed DS phone records. That's why they were searching the areas they were last week, Lake Eleanor.

..they HAVE, or are you speculating that they have?

..i don't remember seeing this in print anywhere..

Have any of you ever had a family member or an actual suspect comment on any of the forums here? Just curious!

Yes. Wehave Aliayah's Lunsford's family participating in her thread at the moment. We also have had Anna Water's mom on, I believe, in her thread, and Christopher Abeyta's sister. That's all I can think of right now.

But I can't recall any suspects that have openly posted (although often, there is the suspicion that they, their defense team or their loved one's have posted, in certain cases).

Have any of you ever had a family member or an actual suspect comment on any of the forums here? Just curious!

Ayup.......in the Abraham Shakespeare case. The perp was posting.

O/T---Teh the Vicks on the feet with socks works amazingly well but depending on how many days you have already been sick you may have to do it for more than 1 night....hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jennifer Keese's father has also posted on her thread.

Ayup.......in the Abraham Shakespeare case. The perp was posting.

Oh yeah, I forgot. O/T I am inhaling night time theraflu...feel poopy. Kimmer is right...the Vicks (or Unker's) on the feet with socks works...I have it slathered on feet, chest and neck right now..may not work but it makes me feel like it is working. LOL

Oh and I am SO sure that we had POI's posting in the HaLeigh forums...and family members....and attorneys. Pfft.

it appears that about 4 or 5 houses to the south of the above listed address (where the canal goes under Jordan Ave) that the canal narrows to a tube type spillway (culvert?). I don't know which way the canal flows (if there is any flow) but I would assume it would be toward the south. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

It does indeed narrow down into a large culvert under Jordan...the canal doesn't really "flow", it's pretty stagnant & incredibly murky. It's not a body of water that anyone (atleast in the 8+ years that I lived there) swims in, I can only recall seeing ONE john-boat in there in all that time. My brothers & other neighborhood kids would fish in there from time to time, but that's about it, as I said in my earlier post, there was a good amount of gators & water moccasins in that water & surrounding areas. I lived @ 6818 Chaucer, a couple of houses down from the house in question...HTH :seeya:

Yes. Wehave Aliayah's Lunsford's family participating in her thread at the moment. We also have had Anna Water's mom on, I believe, in her thread, and Christopher Abeyta's sister. That's all I can think of right now.

But I can't recall any suspects that have openly posted (although often, there is the suspicion that they, their defense team or their loved one's have posted, in certain cases).

I remember a suspect posted here in the Abraham (can't remember his last name?) case. He was a missing millionaire in Florida. Her name started with a D. It was quite interesting and scary knowing she was involved and posting so freely here. She eventually was arrested. They found his body in the backyard of... I believe it was either her boyfriend or ex-boyfriends?

Not quite sure I understand this response

I agree... What crime? there is no evidence there has been a crime. All LE have is a missing person report... I know that's real difficult for some to grasp but LE have to adhere to the Law. If LE was so certain of their suspicion of DS Jr they'd have him in jail...

Yes, LE seems pretty diligent in trying to make a connection with DS Jr and MP disappearance (Scotoma). Yet, they've found nothing that even hints in that direction. Sure DS Jr might have motive and a storied past but none of that says he's responsible for MP disappearance.

O/T---Teh the Vicks on the feet with socks works amazingly well but depending on how many days you have already been sick you may have to do it for more than 1 night....hope you get to feeling better soon.

(It's not the Vicks that cures ya...it's the "ick" and "eww" noises you make each time you move your feet that clear your throat and sinuses. I was able to do the Vicks socks thing for about 30 minutes tops).

Quoting myself...lol..so far LittleBitty's list of streets/ areas:
1. Chaucer Lane
2. Jordan Avenue
3. Econlockhatchee Trail
4. Curry Ford Road
5. Lee Vista Blvd.
6. Orange Blossom Trail
7. Golden Rod Road
8. Conroy Road
9. Vineland Road
10. Oakridge Road

11. Hoffner
12. Semoran Blvd (436)
13. Judge Rd
14. Conway
15. Nela
16. Pershing
17. Belle Isle

I agree... What crime? there is no evidence there has been a crime. All LE have is a missing person report... I know that's real difficult for some to grasp but LE have to adhere to the Law. If LE was so certain of their suspicion of DS Jr they'd have him in jail...

Yes, LE seems pretty diligent in trying to make a connection with DS Jr and MP disappearance (Scotoma). Yet, they've found nothing that even hints in that direction. Sure DS Jr might have motive and a storied past but none of that says he's responsible for MP disappearance.

I don't think I can agree with you on the fact the LE has no evidence, just because they have not made public what they have does not mean they have none, I feel there was a lot of evidence found when LE found the hummer, now. Just because they have yet to arrest him in no way says to me that there is no evidence found.

Unfortunatley Iron Horse is right. Another leson learned, (I don't know how else to say this and get the point across) If a person files a report that they were raped, it doesn't mean the rape happened. Until a person is tried and convicted, it is only an alleged rape. Basically the prosecutors have to not only prove who did it, but the crime was committed.

And it perhaps may be equally as hard for some to grasp...........that LE does not have to tell the public what evidence they DO HAVE.

OT = What is the Vicks socks thing and the purpose of it .TIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member