IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not allowed to post a link to an Iowa court website, online court records, regarding a victim in this case having a case opened where he's being taken to court for paternity and child support for a descedent? Am I? Is that considered sleuthing a victim? TIA.

I saw that too and was surprised by the date, but I do not know whether you can link to it, neese.

IIRC, this info was given by the step-grandpa, DS, to the media. I don't think anyone has discovered who these 2 people are, or confirmed any of this. I do know that bio-dad is not a RSO in Iowa, or anywhere that I can find.

ETA: When DS released this info, he added that these two people were arrested.

Thank you for this response-I did not see it earlier. I would type why this point seems so important to me, but I will respect the mods desire to keep the Mom and family as complete victims in everything that happened.

All I will say is it deeply saddens me that an innocent child had to live through multiple instances of abuse and the last one led to her horrific death.

IIRC, this info was given by the step-grandpa, DS, to the media. I don't think anyone has discovered who these 2 people are, or confirmed any of this. I do know that bio-dad is not a RSO in Iowa, or anywhere that I can find.

ETA: When DS released this info, he added that these two people were arrested.

...and it was NOT stated as 'sexual' abuse, just to be clear??

I believe Tarah's husband's family is from the PA/MD area. So I'm speculating that is what took them in that direction. And they moved back to IN late 2011 to care for her father?

Newspaper carrier is in JL's obit.

April Tinsley-murdered in Ft. Wayne in 1988, body found in a ditch in Dekalb Co., case is unsolved.

How long did RSO grandpa live in FT. W? Where was he a postal worker?
Did he have a route? Who would ever (untl now) ever exect a mailman?
Could he of told stories to MP and get him into experimenting?
What do RSO talk about? their conquets?
Ok I admit my imagination is carried away with all kind of thoughts.
There has to be connecting the dots here somewhere.

depending on who you believe, MP had only been at the trailer since August, which would be after TS and Co. arrived in July...

I'm going to go gather some links and make sure no info has been changed, because the only thing I can think of is that someone is reporting bad info, or someone is lying.

BBM
I'd call it lazy and/or sloppy reporting. I had a reporter friend of mine make up a story and quote me in it - it wasn't a story of any significance, but it made me furious. A few more lines to fill out the story to meet deadline and there I was - only I wasn't. :poke:

Also, years ago three different papers reported the death of one of my family members in three TOTALLY different ways. Time of day, manner death, location, weather etc... - all were different. :waitasec:

I think reporters talk to people who "know" what happened, their reporter friends and also strangers; only each person tells the story as they think they understand it, and it changes with each version.

So, it does happen. :whoosh:

I believe Tarah's husband's family is from the PA/MD area. So I'm speculating that is what took them in that direction. And they moved back to IN late 2011 to care for her father?

late 2011 and the death of TS father, maybe al those cardboard boxes
going to storage is still stuff she never unpacked from the move.
It took me months to unpack everything from my move. Boxes lined up against the wall til I got bookcases to unload it all. Just a thought.
But she is so busy now (funeral, murder and her children to think about such stuff????

This has probably already been answered, but I'm just catching up. There is an article in the media section that says Plumadore was introduced to the grandfather, James Lemmon, about 4 years ago. Fellow RSO, Greg Shumaker made the introduction and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. It sounds like Plumadore was there for a few years and went back to NC in the spring of 2011. He returned to the trailer park a few months later, (in the summer of 2011), to help care for the old pedophile because his (Lemmon's) health was quickly deteriorating.

What we don't know is how Shumaker met Plumadore to begin with. For reference here is the link to Greg/Gregory Herbert Shumaker in the Indiana Sex Offender Registry. http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=579799&AgencyID=54663

Thanks, ClaireNC. Posters, including me, are questioning whether what's been reported in MSM (the quote from GS) is accurate. AL's biological father in Iowa knew and trusted MP and he said he hadn't had much contact with AL recently because TS changed phone numbers often. Amber Story, TS's mother, trusted MP. David Story, Amber's new husband, trusted the man who was taking care of his wife's ex, JL. MP and TS lived in Iowa at the same time. There just seems to a more complex connection between MP and AL's family than what's been reported, and one that goes back further than last summer.

How long did RSO grandpa live in FT. W? Where was he a postal worker?
Did he have a route? Who would ever (untl now) ever exect a mailman?
Could he of told stories to MP and get him into experimenting?
What do RSO talk about? their conquets?
Ok I admit my imagination is carried away with all kind of thoughts.
There has to be connecting the dots here somewhere.

From the obit-
He had been a mail carrier in Des Moines, Iowa for 12 years.

As I was reading his obit again and thinking about the April Tinsley case a thought crossed my mind. Obit says "He worked as a shift supervisor for Kautex, Avilla, retiring in 1997 due to a disability." I know where Kautex is, it is a mfg. plant. The plant is in Noble Co. but very close to the Dekalb Co. line where April's body was discarded. The obit says he was a newspaper carrier for the FT. Wayne Jounal Gazette but doesn't list the years. His route could have also been in the area, I live 30 miles from Ft. Wayne and can have the paper delivered to me if I subscribed. IIRC on a previous thread a poster said they called in to April's tipline and gave the information on MP, saying he should be looked into, they do have DNA samples collected from April for comparison, I think they should look into JL too.

eta-sorry for the April o/t, from now on I will go to her thread

It's on hubby's my space pages. pic of pentagram tattoo. Dad lists as being a wiccan, and if I remember right the pentagram symbol is connected in some way. (I wondered if it was really mom even in the pics- dramatic change in her appearance since they were taken). pics of dad's retirement and other misc shots.

(I hope I'm allowed to say where - MODS - if not, delete this one - I did learn I can't post the link though from my last post)
:)

Just when I though I couldnt get anymore creeped out...I scoped his FB page...IMO the pentagram tattoo is the LEAST of the red flags.

From the obit-
He had been a mail carrier in Des Moines, Iowa for 12 years.

As I was reading his obit again and thinking about the April Tinsley case a thought crossed my mind. Obit says "He worked as a shift supervisor for Kautex, Avilla, retiring in 1997 due to a disability." I know where Kautex is, it is a mfg. plant. The plant is in Noble Co. but very close to the Dekalb Co. line where April's body was discarded. The obit says he was a newspaper carrier for the FT. Wayne Jounal Gazette but doesn't list the years. His route could have also been in the area, I live 30 miles from Ft. Wayne and can have the paper delivered to me if I subscribed. IIRC on a previous thread a poster said they called in to April's tipline and gave the information on MP, saying he should be looked into, they do have DNA samples collected from April for comparison, I think they should look into JL too.

maybe another reason for delay in the charges........unsolved crimes in areas they were in???

Filly
I so agree and felt/feel the same. As a survivor I am jaded, but too bad. And I let anyone who felt slighted know why I did what I did to protect my boy. None objected, none complained. none. And not a damn one would expect less for their own children. That is how it should be. :(

It is how it should be. Yet for some reason, many parents do not share this instinct to protect. Let me start a story illustrating that with another story, about me and my mom. Now my mom is not the suspicious type, but her instincts are intense. For example, in the 70's, when I was 4, she watched me walk the short way to the corner house to go play with one of the 7 girls who lived there. She saw me go up the drive but then the house blocked the door, so she couldn't see if I went inside the door. She waited a few moments, and when I didn't reemerge, she believed I was inside, playing.

Well, I wasn't. I still remember that day. I sat on the stoop, thinking that Nancy would surely come home soon. I sat waiting for what seemed like forever, before I gave up. When I walked back onto the sidewalk, there was a man, balding, in his fifties, eyeglasses, in a light colored station wagon with wood panels (yes, I remember ALL of that), idling on the street in front of the house. He looked at me, said nothing, but backed up as I walked down the street.

Then, he pulled his car in the drive in front of me, blocking my path, and just stared. I started to feel weird. He pulled back out and I kept walking. He kept backing his car down the street, keeping pace with me. When we got to the next drive, he pulled in again and again, blocked my path. Never said a word. Finally, when I was right at the line between my house and the house next door, he paused in the street, held up an empty jar and said, "Hey little girl, you want some candy? Come here. I'll give you some." I didn't know what the heck was going on but I knew something was wrong because his jar was empty, for one, and he had been acting strange.

In the meantime, my mom was inside doing laundry, whistling away. Until suddenly, her head whipped up fast, her heart stopped and she gasped, "Anna." (That's me). She came running out of the house and saw me standing there, the man in the car idling at the curb and me looking scared. She yelled, "Anna! Get in the house!" I came running up. Man, she threw me in front of the t.v., and took off. She chased that guy in her little VW Bug for miles. Got his license plate before he lost her. They caught him but he said he only asked me to lift my skirt and so they let him go. (I guess you could do that in California in the 70's). He had priors for child molestation. I have no doubt that if it wasn't for my mom's instinct, I wouldn't have been allowed to live to tell a thing.

In any event, my mom has had dozens of incidents proving her strong instinct. I think it is the gift given to most mothers who love their kids.

But not all. So here's the story:

Years ago, my parents had these neighbors. Nice, middle class family with a gorgeous little baby girl. Well, they had this "friend", a single man, who they adored. They kept wanting my parents to meet him, especially my mom, who everyone loves.

So, my mom met him one day, as they were all sitting outside on the grass with the baby on a blanket. My mom sat down and chatted. The baby kept trying to crawl off the blanket. The "friend" was watching her intently and kept "grabbing" her back, and dragging her back to the middle of the blanket. He did this by grabbing in between her legs, in her crotch area. Over and over again, laughing and staring. My mom got a horrible bad vibe form him and felt immediately that something was wrong.

Later, my mom talked with the baby's mother. But when she voiced her fears that something was wrong with this guy and not to ever leave him alone with the baby, the mother was stunned and did not believe it. "No way. He's the nicest guy. I would trust him completely!" In fact, the mother was upset, kind of insulted.

See, I don't get that. If someone told me something they felt that had to do with the safety of my baby, I would not be angry. I would thank them and keep an eye out.

Anyhow, I don't know if he ever did anything to the baby or not. I do know that at some point, the "friend" wasn't coming over anymore and the neighbors never spoke of him again. I wonder if they wised up.

I guess the point of my long-winded story is that some parents do not have the instinct for danger. And poverty or youth aren't always the deciding factors in the lack of instinct. I don't know the cause, but I wish there was a class every would-be parent could take to grow that instinct. Kids are too precious to be raised without parents who can protect them from serious harm.

OOOOOOkaaaayyyy...

So, in my list of stuff we still have to figure out, not including the obvious questions of poor judgement:rolleyes::silenced:

1. Does MP have a former spouse, domestic partner, baby momma, children?

2. Is there any way to sleuth the names of the men allegedly "caught" for the abuse of Aliahna in IA in 2010? (I haven't found one)

3. Is it possible that the dismissed case involving MP as the defendant in November of 2010, and in the same county in IA where the Souders/Lemmon family lived, is in any way related to what happened to Aliahna?

4. If so, was it dismissed because her parents refused to press charges?

5. If not, is there any way to find out the specifics of a case that was dismissed?

6. I now have heard that the surviving children have, in fact, NOT been removed from the home. Is this confirmed? Or is it simply that the rumors of their REMOVAL were never confirmed?

7. Under the law, do the police have to name the parents as either co-conspirators or POI's in order to keep them from skipping town? Are they free to escape jurisdiction? (Although with a case this high profile, it would be hard to really hide this time.)

8. Since LE made a statement confirming that the two other girls had NOT been examined for signs of sexual abuse, can that set both the Sherrif's Dept. and CPS up for a negligence suit brought on the the parents? (oh the effing irony:furious:)

That's all I got for now that can be asked within TOS and the realm of possibility. TIA.

Thank you, I didn't know that TS was from a different marriage. Makes so much more sense now.

I thought I read that he was a Vietnam veteran. I'm fairly new here and can't find the links like you all can, but I know I read it somewhere.

MOO

Hi Menmo, I just want to make it clear that I don't know if JL and Amber were ever married. But JL was married, had 2 children, and divorced. Somewhere after the first 2 kids, he got divorced and had a child with Amber. I don't know which of those (divorce, 3rd child) came first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member