IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Do you know if that military pension would transfer to his children or ex-wife? Of course that doesn't mean he didn't sock some away somewhere I guess. Just have a hard time looking at this family and believing it.

MOO

Disability no, but military pension has a beneficiary and they do not have to be related anymore since the don't ask don't tell thing

I don't think you see my point exactly.

I know the West End. I have known many people in the West End.

What my point is, is it's not the "worst hood". Maybe in Hagerstown but in comparison to other "hoods" it's not that bad. I don't want people to think that where she lived in Hagerstown is like Baltimore City. You don't have to worry about drive bys and getting shot if you walk out of your house and wear the wrong colors. IMO there are WAY worse cities in the USA. I just don't want to give people the wrong idea about where she lived. It's poor and rundown YES but it's not like Detroit or areas of Washington DC.

I was born and raised here too.

I understand that Detroit usually gets a bad rap, but there are some very nice areas of Detroit as well. Although I was born and raised in western Michigan, I am very familiar with metro Detroit. Personally, I find Flint, Michigan to be a scarier place in general than Detroit, and Flint has its nice areas as well. Also, some of the suburbs of Detroit are amongst the most affluent in the nation. Places like Plymouth, Northville, Bloomfield Hills, etc. come readily to mind. I couldn't help but respond; it is the second time that you mentioned Detroit. Just my perspective....

One article said he was a postal carrier at one time. I wonder if he retired from the post office. If so, he may be getting a gov't pension. There was a flag on his casket. Do gov't employees get the flag for funerals or is it just military? There was a flag for some reason draped over the casket and I'm sure it wasn't for his RSO status with the gov't. I bet there's a pension to be had. JMO.

OMG...Grandfather may possibly have been a postal worker at one time?...add mailman to the list the unlimited list of professions.:tos: SEE anyone can be a MOLESTER!

So, let me see...The other con (GS) introduced grandfather Lemmon and Plumadore, presumably grandfather Lemmon introduced Plumadore to Tarah, and the girls, and Tarah then introduced Plumadore to Ali's bio father.
That is what I get from the media articles.

However, what I get from other articles, facebook, and general discussion is that although Lemmon and Plumadore didn't begin their arrangement until 8/2011, somehow, Ali's father, who has had very little contact with her lately, according to his statements, knew Plumadore, even though he allegedly didn't meet the rest of the family until August or possibly even September of 2011...

Something just isn't working out here, but it's likely something that I am missing. What am I doing wrong, reading wrong, or misinterpreting?

This has probably already been answered, but I'm just catching up. There is an article in the media section that says Plumadore was introduced to the grandfather, James Lemmon, about 4 years ago. Fellow RSO, Greg Shumaker made the introduction and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. It sounds like Plumadore was there for a few years and went back to NC in the spring of 2011. He returned to the trailer park a few months later, (in the summer of 2011), to help care for the old pedophile because his (Lemmon's) health was quickly deteriorating.

What we don't know is how Shumaker met Plumadore to begin with. For reference here is the link to Greg/Gregory Herbert Shumaker in the Indiana Sex Offender Registry. http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=579799&AgencyID=54663

When my father passed 2 yrs ago, retired Army, his VA death benefit was left to my daughter and I , my mother predeceased and he changed it to us. I am not certain that benefit goes only to retirees, or all vets. If anything, I would think his first wife was entitled first, then his children.
moo, I would venture to guess that JL made other bad choices besides molesting and may have died near penniless....

Vietnam vet ( is there veterean's hospital in Ft Wayne by chance?)
per- http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fortwayne/obituary.aspx?n=james-e-lemmon&pid=154914940

and retired w/disability

OH yes, TS husband is retired military, he should be getting retirement and still get military benefits like medical, even for the new wife & kids...unless the rules have changed

yes, there is a VA hospital in Ft. Wayne.

http://www.northernindiana.va.gov/visitors/Fort_Wayne_Indiana.asp

Hi Fellow Sleuthers!
DH and DD gave me a new iPad for Christmas, and I am using it to try to keep up with this thread. I can read well, but my Thanks and Quote buttons are a little stubborn (or I might not have the right touch, yet :crazy: ), so I have not been responding as I would like.

However, I applaud all of you for your dedication in sleuthing through this horrific case.
Every time a new piece of info. emerges, I think, "It can't get any worse than this!", and then.....IT DOES!

I have so many questions, many of which I have seen posted. And my mind keeps drifting to very dark places when I try to come up with answers. But something tells me, the true answers are even darker than the ones I can think of!

Thank you all for keeping us updated on MSM, insider observations, etc.
And thank you for your own heart wrenching personal stories. Thank you for being so brave to share, and I am glad you feel safe in sharing with us.
I am truly keeping little A in my prayers. I know she is in a place where none of these people can ever hurt or scare her again.:prayer:

But that's from Associated Press. I've read the same thing in just about every article where the local paper printed what A/P wrote. Am I right in thinking that it was not written by a pittsburgh reporter??? Just straight from A/P???

I have read it several places also but the byline on this one contradicts the last part. :crazy:

Slain Ind. girl lived among sex offenders

Including the man accused of killing her as well as her grandfather

Mr. Plumadore is not on Indiana's registered sex-offenders list.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11362/1199647-84-0.stm#ixzz1hzWRf3MW

I asked elsewhere but cannot remember where I saw this or if it related to this case...
Is there a picture of Tarah with tattoos and does her husband have a picture of that on a fb... and... is it some kind of evil symbol or is it like a tribal tattoo... or a band logo or what?

It's on hubby's my space pages. pic of pentagram tattoo. Dad lists as being a wiccan, and if I remember right the pentagram symbol is connected in some way. (I wondered if it was really mom even in the pics- dramatic change in her appearance since they were taken). pics of dad's retirement and other misc shots.

(I hope I'm allowed to say where - MODS - if not, delete this one - I did learn I can't post the link though from my last post)
:)

Has anyone found out if Grandpa L owned his trailer and just paid lot rent? Maybe that was the draw for TS and AS to move closer?
If Grandpa did own it I wonder how long MP would have been allowed to live there. Was there a time frame set with him and Grandpa?

ETA Someone mentioned maybe Grandpa was getting a pension. Would that pension transfer to anyone else if he wasn't married? Military or government??

I looked into the trailer ownership and could not find an answer because mobile homes are not considered real property if not on a permanent foundation so they are not on the appraiser's site. They are considered personal property so if you own a mh you are taxed at the personal property rate. I have no idea if any of those homes are privately owned or the mhp owner owns them. I can't access the personal property tax records.

Okay, I had asked this in another thread but it was moving so fast my ? didn't get answered.

Are there other children besides the Ali's sister and stepsister living at the house?

Are TS and husband the only adults living at the house?

I figured as much as there isn't much FB friending going on there between the sibs at least
I agree

And JL's other children seem to have strong, loving families of their own.

I'm not allowed to post a link to an Iowa court website, online court records, regarding a victim in this case having a case opened where he's being taken to court for paternity and child support for a descedent? Am I? Is that considered sleuthing a victim? TIA.

OMG...Grandfather may possibly have been a postal worker at one time?...add mailman to the list the unlimited list of professions.:tos: SEE anyone can be a MOLESTER!

Newspaper carrier also was listed. I need Krimekat here for the links. Some people were thinking he could link up to the girl that was killed where there were notes left on a barn and in little girl's bicycle baskets etc. Cannot remember her name. Somebody help?

:tyou:Earlier today, I cried to my BF...that this case has really broken me; I have been nauseated since it came out Boxing Day Night; she suggested to go back to mystery fiction and she knows I follow a number of cases. I was ready to call it quits but until I hear the charges & find out more? I also have some semi & cold cases that I dearly care about I could not just forget about, but I could just ck in. But the thing that helped me tonight, that made me feel BETTER, is being chatty-cathy (which I usually am not). I have to say typing left-right & center this afternoon have made a huge difference to express what I am feeling with all of you that are processing your emotions over the last few days is seeming to help some how.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Okay, I had asked this in another thread but it was moving so fast my ? didn't get answered.

Are there other children besides the Ali's sister and stepsister living at the house?

Are TS and husband the only adults living at the house?

I posed the question about possible other kids in the last thread too, smittles, and I am still confused. I've read contradictory things. Some posts mentioned a 4th child, a younger boy. And JL's obituary looks like TS may be the mother of grandson K. The ages and relationship of the other 2 girls at MP's varies in MSM reports and posts here too.

If there is a MSM link or a clarification in a post here, I'd appreciate it. I've tried to read through all the threads, but with things moving quickly I may not have seen it. Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen anything about another adult living with TS and AS, smittles. That would be interesting, given the explanation that TS was too sick and AS was at work or sleeping to have the 3 girls at home.

Newspaper carrier also was listed. I need Krimekat here for the links. Some people were thinking he could link up to the girl that was killed where there were notes left on a barn and in little girl's bicycle baskets etc. Cannot remember her name. Somebody help?

Newspaper carrier is in JL's obit.

April Tinsley-murdered in Ft. Wayne in 1988, body found in a ditch in Dekalb Co., case is unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rooroo1254321