IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from the dailyiowegian: "She was reported missing Dec. 23, and on Saturday, more than 100 emergency workers searched the rundown trailer park in the north of Fort Wayne where Plumadore and Aliahna's family lived.

Police questioned Plumadore several times over the weekend and arrested him on Monday, at which point he told police that he had hidden Aliahna's xxxx at the trailer and discarded her other remains at a nearby business. Police obtained a warrant to search the trailer and found the body parts."

Can anyone help me to understand why, since she was reported missing on Friday from one trailer in one park -then 100 searchers scoured the devil's nest area -found nothing- and then it was not until he confessed 3 days later that they actually found her [parts]?

In my mind, when a child goes missing, seems every nook and cranny of the residence would be looked at first, prior to moving out from the last reported location of abduction/disappearance. (???)

The fact that this story borke instantly and spread across the country, it also baffles me that for 3 days, all the professionals didn't even bother to look in the trailer. Or how does that work in practice?

It goes without saying that if the person reporting the missing were innocent, then they would give LE free reign of the household. Did LE respond to the report, sit outside the stoop and take the report? Not even look inside the home?

Please help me to understand? Call me naive, but I just don't get it!!! Seems many resources and much heartache would have been spared, had someone just opened the damn freezer? It's just not adding up to me...

I think keeping children safe should be every parents top priority. It is becoming harder and harder though. I heard today about a child that was being groped by a man in Wal-Mart and she was standing in line with her parents. He had been stalking her all over the store and she was with mom and dad. It is unbelievable what these perps will do. jmo

My dad had a very simple way of putting it.

He would say my number one responsibility as a parent is to get you to the age of 18 alive. Everything else is secondary.

I think keeping children safe should be every parents top priority. It is becoming harder and harder though. I heard today about a child that was being groped by a man in Wal-Mart and she was standing in line with her parents. He had been stalking her all over the store and she was with mom and dad. It is unbelievable what these perps will do. jmo

ITA. Completely. We can't protect against everything and everyone. Totally get that. Where I get ****** off is whenever you can see obvious mis-parenting like in the case of TS, and posters keep trying to make it seem as though she is the victim, had no choice...couldn't check on her own children less than 50 feet away. Defending her, imo, doesn't do any good. It is almost like people are trying to defend someone else by defending her. It is not worthy of a defense. JMO. TY for your post. I am just ranting. Not at you.

Malidu: I agree. Why didn't MP continue to play dumb with LE? On the 26th, that's when the FBI came in. They had something on him at that point and it may or may not have been directly related. Kiddie *advertiser censored*? Knowledge of the fugitive status thing from Florida? He knew it was over. I suppose he could have contined the play dumb thing since it seems to be such a winner for perps these days. JMO

I am praying for her "soul" also. I can't understand why she handed her beautiful daughters to a monster like this. I can't understand how a grandmother could get on national tv and defend a monster!! She more or less blamed Ali for her own disappearance. Excuses for the monster. Yea, what a "great" friend he was. :banghead::banghead:

Ali and Aliayah Lunsford are two beautiful little girls who deserved SO much more than they were given. I am sorry also, littlebit. :(

PLEASE NOTE: I do not 'excuse' and I do not 'defend' the actions of either the grandmother or the mother. HOWEVER--and this is my opinion only--the spouse of a child molester is well-versed in denial and the creation of alternate history. If you were married to a child molester and perhaps your own daughter was his victim and if you were the sort of person who could not admit these facts then you might very well be prepared to 'defend a monster,' because to do otherwise would be to admit that you yourself were culpable in what happened to your own daughter/granddaughter.

And if you were the daughter of a child molester and a denier, you might very well be 'conditioned' to accept the unacceptable and even to believe that such things were inevitable or even to be prepared to put your own head in the sand and simply not 'see' what was actually going on.

All I am trying to say is that the damage from child abuse/molestation is passed down through generations, and this is another reason that these crimes should bear more severe penalties than they currently do, because there is never just one victim.

I also believe that the statute of limitations for molestation/child abuse should extend for at least two or three years past the time when the child reaches majority. Otherwise, the burden of bringing charges might rest solely upon the shoulders of parents who have themselves been victims and therefore are too conditioned or shame-ridden to be able to adequately protect their own children.

My apologies for the long rambling post--like everyone else I am struggling with the horror of this case.

I am interested in knowing who called authorities the previous times that Aliahna was abused. In the article pertaining to Kennedy's abuse, the details come from a member of the Department of Child Services. I realize that the names of those who report possible child abuse are withheld. I just wonder if Ali's parents ever called police or instigated the investigations, or if the reports were instead filed by concerned parties unrelated to the family. I suspect the latter, but don't think we know at this point?

The statement that Aliahna felt bad about "getting the men in trouble" bothers me deeply. I'd think if the parents had launched the investigations, that they would have assured her that it was the right thing to do, that helping to put the men away was something to feel good about because they couldn't hurt others and they would be better off in prison, etc... IDK, I guess I want to know who was looking out for this little angel at some point (teacher, neighbor, relative)? Did she tell someone who reported it? Did someone see/hear something and report it? It would help me attempt to understand how the heck this little girl ended up being exposed to sexual predators at least 3 times in 9 short years.

Right now, there is no logical reason that I can surmise other than through parental apathy or intent. It matters not to me if the victim's family is poor, rich, white, black, unemployed, successful professionals, Wiccans, Catholics, Jugaloos... We see child abusers from all walks of life and backgrounds, it's an equal opportunity crime that is inexcusable, in my opinion. I do however think there is value in trying to understand why and how these things happen to better facilitate prevention, if possible.

I worry that Aliahna may have been somewhat outcast amongst her family for being viewed as a "whistle blower". I hope that worry is unjustified. Imo, if she gave MP reason to believe that she was going to tell on him, he'd probably be more panicked and less inclined to believe that he could manipulate her into keeping silent; she'd talked before.

RIP Brave Angel Aliahna:rose:

ALL JMO...

Snipped from the dailyiowegian: "She was reported missing Dec. 23, and on Saturday, more than 100 emergency workers searched the rundown trailer park in the north of Fort Wayne where Plumadore and Aliahna's family lived.

Police questioned Plumadore several times over the weekend and arrested him on Monday, at which point he told police that he had hidden Aliahna's xxxx at the trailer and discarded her other remains at a nearby business. Police obtained a warrant to search the trailer and found the body parts."

Can anyone help me to understand why, since she was reported missing on Friday from one trailer in one park -then 100 searchers scoured the devil's nest area -found nothing- and then it was not until he confessed 3 days later that they actually found her [parts]?

In my mind, when a child goes missing, seems every nook and cranny of the residence would be looked at first, prior to moving out from the last reported location of abduction/disappearance. (???)

The fact that this story borke instantly and spread across the country, it also baffles me that for 3 days, all the professionals didn't even bother to look in the trailer. Or how does that work in practice?

It goes without saying that if the person reporting the missing were innocent, then they would give LE free reign of the household. Did LE respond to the report, sit outside the stoop and take the report? Not even look inside the home?

Please help me to understand? Call me naive, but I just don't get it!!! Seems many resources and much heartache would have been spared, had someone just opened the damn freezer? It's just not adding up to me...

It is called 4th Amendment rights. While awesome in their construct, mostly, IMO, SW's are not automatically issued because some person may have "drugs" or other stuff in their abode. To protect 4th amendment rights. Even though there is no right to have anything illegal in your home. Without a search warrant that enables officers to look at all things in a person's abode that is not in plain site (the freezer for example) an officer cannot search. Even though the drugs are illegal. I am assuming they could not get a warrant so the initial check was for wellness. Plain sight is all officers could take note of. They then got an actual warrant. The problem is, plain sight is all the LE could do at that point.

Most defense attorneys and druggies everywhere would argue that you have no right to search through their stuff. Because you would then violate their rights. Even though having drugs is against the law.

RE: The article you posted about the other girls being in CPCustody... YIPPEE~ THANK YOU GOD!!!!! I wonder when that happened?

The other thing is, and perhaps I am just way behind, is that the article said that the man was charged with multiple [sick] crimes, tho up to now in my reading here, I thought y'all said his hearing was postponed. Oh well. I will keep reading.

The other thing is, that during the Lisa Irwin disappearance, there was huge hoopaloo about the brothers being interviewed by forensic child psychologists. I haven't seen anyone discussing these two lil girls...and their role as witnesses. I guarantee they have something to contribute, and I hope that they are being interviewed and counseled by professionals. And kept far away from the devil's den.

I am sorry that I feel no empathy for the parents. I just don't. I'm just shaking my head.

On another note, someone posted about the IA sheriff giving money to bio dad -I thought that civil servants -in roles such as LE, social work, etc. are really not allowed to go giving handouts to the people they serve. After all, if they did every time their hearts got a tickle, then they would be homeless by now. I always thought that there was an either spoken or unspoken rule about "donating" to the people they serve. Anyone know?

Thanks to MsFacetius and Kimb103 for setting me straight on bio dad's pics on FB. I got it wrong. I swear -fury will cloud my judgment -and also the blond hair on Ali, and the fact that they were old pictures really thru me off. What a lovely wedding picture they had tho.

I understand not knowing who's who, lots of kids and freaks in this one!! I have a couple things...
Kennedy has a pic from MS posted of DM holding Kennedy's sister's new born baby at the hospital after birth.
I think LE helped get DM to Indiana for in person questioning!! JMO

I totally agree with you and that is why I asked the questions several posts back. It makes no sense to me. How in the world did he cover up what he had done? There would of had to be some visual evidense that they should have seen or if there were dogs that the dogs would have picked up on. I would think. jmo

These people were not poor, the stepdad was retired from the AF and worked full time.

The LEO did NOT have a warrant/permission to do anything other than "look" at the obvious places/sight. NO warrant to look in the freezer for "parts". IF they would have found Aliahna in that freezer without a warrant, all that evidence would have been thrown out by a Judge. Unlawful search and seizure comes into play.

I applaud LE in this case for doing the right thing by our constitution.

I am interested in knowing who called authorities the previous times that Aliahna was abused. In the article pertaining to Kennedy's abuse, the details come from a member of the Department of Child Services. I realize that the names of those who report possible child abuse are withheld. I just wonder if Ali's parents ever called police or instigated the investigations, or if the reports were instead filed by concerned parties unrelated to the family. I suspect the latter, but don't think we know at this point?

The statement that Aliahna felt bad about "getting the men in trouble" bothers me deeply. I'd think if the parents had launched the investigations, that they would have assured her that it was the right thing to do, that helping to put the men away was something to feel good about because they couldn't hurt others and they would be better off in prison, etc... IDK, I guess I want to know who was looking out for this little angel at some point (teacher, neighbor, relative)? Did she tell someone who reported it? Did someone see/hear something and report it? It would help me attempt to understand how the heck this little girl ended up being exposed to sexual predators at least 3 times in 9 short years.

Right now, there is no logical reason that I can surmise other than through parental apathy or intent. It matters not to me if the victim's family is poor, rich, white, black, unemployed, successful professionals, Wiccans, Catholics, Jugaloos... We see child abusers from all walks of life and backgrounds, it's an equal opportunity crime that is inexcusable, in my opinion. I do however think there is value in trying to understand why and how these things happen to better facilitate prevention, if possible.

I worry that Aliahna may have been somewhat outcast amongst her family for being viewed as a "whistle blower". I hope that worry is unjustified. Imo, if she gave MP reason to believe that she was going to tell on him, he'd probably be more panicked and less inclined to believe that he could manipulate her into keeping silent; she'd talked before.

RIP Brave Angel Aliahna:rose:

ALL JMO...

BBM Yes that statement bothers me too. The guilt of a child. Someone she knew did this to her and we know she knew the 19 year old. I'm sure she knew the other unnamed person who abused her. She didn't want to tattle on that person and 'get them in trouble'. This was no stranger. JMO

I am really trying to figure this out. If this guy is a serial killer why did he mess up so bad in this case? It is like there was no thought or planning. Any ideas?

Sociopaths who become killers have such an inflated sense of self, and they believe that they are smarter than everyone else. This is the way that they are usually caught, (if ever caught), for their heinous crimes--they get sloppy. This is just speculation on my part, but I strongly suspect that MP has killed before. If he did commit other heinous crimes, than he has obviously gotten away with them until now. He probably didn't expect law enforcement to persist in their questioning of him or that the FBI would become involved.

It is called 4th Amendment rights. While awesome in their construct, mostly, IMO, SW's are not automatically issued because some person may have "drugs" or other stuff in their abode. To protect 4th amendment rights. Even though there is no right to have anything illegal in your home. Without a search warrant that enables officers to look at all things in a person's abode that is not in plain site (the freezer for example) an officer cannot search. Even though the drugs are illegal. I am assuming they could not get a warrant so the initial check was for wellness. Plain sight is all officers could take note of. They then got an actual warrant. The problem is, plain sight is all the LE could do at that point.

Most defense attorneys and druggies everywhere would argue that you have no right to search through their stuff. Because you would then violate their rights. Even though having drugs is against the law.

I am not arguing the point, but how did the officer's search the apartments when Jorelys was missing. I understood they just knocked on the door and asked the tenants if they could search. The same with Baby Lisa. Just wondering what the difference would be especially since this was the trailer she went missing from. tia

So...molested twice, one time that we know of by a male babysitter, and possibly a second time in the same situation.

Yeah...leave her with another male babysitter. Good idea! :banghead:

The more I hear, the more I'm convinced that egg donor knew EXACTLY what was happening to her daughter! So who was getting paid? The babysitters or the egg donor? :furious:

Ya know, I hate it when my mind twists into dark places--too many Scarpetta novels, I suppose.

But, what you say here, I have pondered. I wonder about the veracity of the confession -or what was or was not omitted -we may or may not know.

Ex-cons stick together. They protect and defend each other for a number of brotherly reasons.

This guy had no means, sugar daddy died...he would not be able to sponge off the old man's SSI (or meds?***) anymore....is it possible the S family owed him money for caretaking. And instead offered him either a "free bonus prize (X3)" instead -or offered him a commodity to serve his "brothers," in order to generate revenue that was due him. idk. I think about that Mamma who sold her baby girl who was murdered (in NC?) -

Is it possible he owed money to one of his fellow SO big time, and tried to offer up the "deaf and blind girl" to pay them back...Ali refused to cooperate...and met her fate?

So what if any holes or gaps in his confession are in the name of not implicating his fellow SO brotherly bond. idk...

***by the way, it's not just drugs like vicodin that are acquired through Medicaid/Medicare and sold for cash -even something like an inhaler can generate a certain amount of quick cash. Stupid me had this man I felt sorry for mow my yard a few times. He had the gall to ask for 20 bucks for a 20 min. job. ==heck! I don't even make $60 tax free bucks an hour -DO YOU???

Ticked me off, but I saw it as charity; till I discovered he had a big monkey on his back -then seeing him sell his inhalers right in the middle of the local 7-11 to one of the cashiers. =Medicaid fraud. Next time he came around to mow my lawn, I told him I would not hire him again. Happens all the time -my point is, even for ordinary prescriptions, not just controlled substances.

TGIF!~~~~~~:great:

What states do we have MP in now?
Iowa
Florida
Indiana
and surrounding areas
and any states on way from Fla (Miami?) to Iowa to Ind.
North Carolina
Ohio? across from Ft Wayne?

I hope that law enforcement is looking at unsolved crimes in Michigan as well; it is part of the tri-state area--Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan.

Sitting on my hands or I may have a TOS violation for not seeing how Tarah is a victim here.
JMO

-) Lubs my Cubby:- Tell you what.... I will sit on your hands, and you can sit on mine. Now, who can we get to put hands over our mouths? Any volunteers?

My dad had a very simple way of putting it.

He would say my number one responsibility as a parent is to get you to the age of 18 alive. Everything else is secondary.

My dad said something similar. He protected me/my siblings from my nut case mother. He did a great job. I found out when I was in college that my mom had early onset alzheimer's. My dad took care of my mom until she died and he took care of his kids too. He did the best he could and the one thing he taught me was = compassion.

oh good lord I have just caught up again and first of all you guys are good......working out all the connections etc.

I cant beleive that this mum had this poor little girl babysat before and she was abused and still had a male babysit her again.....and not by just any guy, but by a friend of her pedo father in a pedo park.

There is absolutely no excuse for this mother at all...none.

I am in fact a bit worried about what is going to happen after reading the facebook pages because like the majority of us, there are ALOT of angry people out there and it is all directed at the mother.

I know this pertains to facebook, but yesterday on the Hang Michael page, someone said that the mum knew MP in Iowa, she was also known as a deads... mother and that he followed her to fort Wayne at some stage.

Her mother is living in Florida, so there is a florida connection there as well. I think these people have known each other for a long time and that it wasnt the other child molester in the park who interested MP to JL the molester grandad. I think he was a friend of TS prior and probably the grandfather and grandmother, as well as prior men in her life.

I really hope these other girls werent abused by MP but I will bet AL was. What a very sad existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph