FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many cell calls and texts Michelle averaged in a day, both those that she sent and those that she received. Ah, yet another thing that would be nice to know.:sigh:

You can add Brevard Co and Orange Co. line at 528, Wedgefield, and the triangle at 520 and E. Colonial.

BTW I don't remember who asked several threads back about the "Waste Land" on E Colonial, but that's just it "Wasteland" not buildable property, it's not a landfill.

Oh and you can add the area right next to Dale's condo across from Walmart on S. Goldenrod.

Thanks so much for doing this!

TexasLil, I am not sure if I'm looking at the maps correctly, but I don't see these locations on either of links to the 2 maps you posted. I'm I missing something?

thanks for doing all that work on those maps!!! :)

Also from the NG transcript, this expert says that the phone couldn't have "pinged" when it powered down, which would have marked its location. According to him, it had to ping because a text or phone call was sent. According to LE, the phone "powered down" (aka last pinged? at East Oakridge Road near the Jesse Black Saloon.

GRACE: Well, Mr. Fishelson, does it mean -- does your phone ping when you power it down? Could that have resulted in the ping?

FISHELSON: No. That would not have resulted in the ping. The ping was definitely made by a text and it`s 100 percent been able to be tracked by the phone provider carrier. So for sure there was a text placed at that location. Now the only thing is, do we know for sure who placed that text.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/28/ng.01.html

FWIW- this is some information from working on cases that I've learned.

Calls are pings to the phone and triangulation can be used to determine location. but not a close or tight location just an area.

Also Phone with "GPS" is another component to the phone and tracking can be achieved at a closer range...Not sure if provider saves this infor for any amount of time or if only real-time is given. (IDK)

There are company you have pay for and download software to your computer and then you can have a track of your phones ( ex:teenagers)
but they save it for you and not the provider.

Most cell provider save for at least the last 24 hours-the towers you have travelled from and to....which isnt pings but kinda like tracking but not like GPS ( remember Brittany Drexel case- LE tracked her movement because they got the records before they were erased. she didnt have a GPS capable phone but LE was using the towers instead from Mrtyle Beach all the way to Georgetown. LE even knew what block she stopped walking and reversed directions and her speed increased to indicate she was in a vehicle all without GPS)

Finally when you power down those towers are Saved also...its not consider a ping but its the last position at the time power is turned off or battery taken out.

Also with the Apple IPhone4 there is a really nice tracking device inside

First, the bad news: if you're running iOS 4, your location-based data—latitude and longitude coordinates, coupled with timestamps—is stored on your phone in a file called "consolidated.db;" that file is automatically transferred to any machines with which you sync (and back up), and it's probably flowing back to Apple in some form or another. The worse news: if you haven't encrypted your backups, that data is unprotected.

Rather than using GPS, location information logged in consolidated.db is determined by triangulation via cell-phone towers, a notoriously loose method

You can stop this information from being sent to apple by disabling location services but not to this file

The Journal tested the collection of data on an iPhone 4 that had been restored to factory settings and was running the latest version of Apple's iOS operating system.

The Journal disabled location services (which are on by default) and immediately recorded the data that had initially been gathered by the phone. The Journal then carried the phone to new locations and observed the data. Over the span of several hours as the phone was moved, it continued to collect location data from new places.

I hope this file was intact when her phone was recovered and I pray LE all of the last 24 hours of information from her provider before it was erased/replaced with newer information.:twocents:

Tex L'il, can you adjust the map to reflect the last ping as at Oakridge Road near Belle Isle? Right now the marker is at W. Lancaster and S. Orange Blossom Trail. Looks like most MSM maps place it right where the 11/21 Jesse Black Saloon search was conducted, and much closer to where it was found.

Awesome job on the map, BTW! :)

FWIW- this is some information from working on cases that I've learned.

Calls are pings to the phone and triangulation can be used to determine location. but not a close or tight location just an area.

Also Phone with "GPS" is another component to the phone and tracking can be achieved at a closer range...Not sure if provider saves this infor for any amount of time or if only real-time is given. (IDK)

There are company you have pay for and download software to your computer and then you can have a track of your phones ( ex:teenagers)
but they save it for you and not the provider.

Most cell provider save for at least the last 24 hours-the towers you have travelled from and to....which isnt pings but kinda like tracking but not like GPS ( remember Brittany Drexel case- LE tracked her movement because they got the records before they were erased. she didnt have a GPS capable phone but LE was using the towers instead from Mrtyle Beach all the way to Georgetown. LE even knew what block she stopped walking and reversed directions and her speed increased to indicate she was in a vehicle all without GPS)

Finally when you power down those towers are Saved also...its not consider a ping but its the last position at the time power is turned off or battery taken out.

Also with the Apple IPhone4 there is a really nice tracking device inside

First, the bad news: if you're running iOS 4, your location-based data—latitude and longitude coordinates, coupled with timestamps—is stored on your phone in a file called "consolidated.db;" that file is automatically transferred to any machines with which you sync (and back up), and it's probably flowing back to Apple in some form or another. The worse news: if you haven't encrypted your backups, that data is unprotected.

Rather than using GPS, location information logged in consolidated.db is determined by triangulation via cell-phone towers, a notoriously loose method

You can stop this information from being sent to apple by disabling location services but not to this file

The Journal tested the collection of data on an iPhone 4 that had been restored to factory settings and was running the latest version of Apple's iOS operating system.

The Journal disabled location services (which are on by default) and immediately recorded the data that had initially been gathered by the phone. The Journal then carried the phone to new locations and observed the data. Over the span of several hours as the phone was moved, it continued to collect location data from new places.

I hope this file was intact when her phone was recovered and I pray LE all of the last 24 hours of information from her provider before it was erased/replaced with newer information.:twocents:

From what I have read the file is saved to your computer also when you sync the phone.

Also, Texas L'il, can we add Dale's place of employment to the regular map as it is right off W. Sandlake Road? 2900 Titan Row, and another division (home services) on 8210 Presidents Drive????

Both have bodies of water around them so maybe we can also add them to the potential search areas?

I've been lurking since i joined. This case and the Sky Metalwala case have me completely beside myself wondering how people can just "vanish". I just wanted to tell you guys that you are amazing sleuthers, and that i pray for answers for their family and friends. I have no doubt that you guys will be there until questions are answered by those responsible.

:wagon:

Come out of lurksville and join us!

Speaking of his place of employment, does anyone know if he's going back to work? He was supposed to find out on Monday.

Speaking of his place of employment, does anyone know if he's going back to work? He was supposed to find out on Monday.

Hee! I was just gonna ask this question!

I thought i read somewhere that the current NM lives, lived, or has relatives in the lake mary area.

Anyone else come across this? or a local that might know?

Im interested / curious in the time 3:40 to 4:40 pm and 9:42 pm areas of time (just from wild hunch feeling with no real good explaination that my brain can rationalize / the two times come to mind often).

The only factual info closely related to those times is the 4:26 text and 8 something pm phone power down, Correct?

Thanks
MOO
Artzypantz

Area of Interest Map ideas:

First of all:
:gthanks:
Thank you texaslil for volunteering as our official mapper!

I have map envy :D

If you haven't already mentioned it, (i'm a few posts/pages behind), is there a way you can legend our map to keep even eliminated areas on it, but visually tell us it has been eliminated, perhaps by color? Maybe that way we can tell what has been checked and what still needs to be. Maybe we could click on the marker and it could list why it was eliminated, too?

In no particular order, here is 1 more location I would like added please, texaslil, and TIA

28.473645, -81.437813
This location appears to be residential and has a very secluded parking area with woods to each side. Since I cannot Google drive all the way in, I cannot determine actual accessibility factors such as gates, fences, etc...

Another reason I picked this area is because of its potential least likelihood or last place a person would think to look factor.

I thought it might be nice to list a few good reasons why some areas that may seem unreasonable at first glance, might not be. I kindly hope it reminds us that there is a reason why ALL areas are GOOD areas until they have been eliminated.

Partial List of Possible Reasons Why an Area Could Work:

Familiarity
Even if an area is gated, he could have done a prior job there, or has or has had a friend/relative that lives/lived there, or he could have lived there previously himself, so he may know how to get in, and may know the area well.

Fit
As long as you look like you belong where you are, most people will not give you/ your vehicle a second thought.

With that in mind, if a cooler (or similar item) were used, even if there were a security camera somewhere, a person carrying or pulling one would be unlikely to draw attention. It could appear you are just getting back from a tailgate party or you're going to a family/friends backyard bbq.

Likewise, you might look like a repairman, maintenance man, grounds keeper, etc... with no one really noticing you toting something or going into a given area for whatever perceived reason.

Fear
Children might be told by their parents that the woods in those particular areas are off limits for playing in because the parking lot lay out is a potential risk area, which may keep most people from going in them, especially if they dont really lead to anything anyways (neighbors house, lake, corner store, etc...).

Function
Padlocks don't stop anybody except the guy scratching his head cuz his key no longer works. Locks/chains can be picked, cut, and even replaced.

Areas that are seldom accessed make for good cover.

You can probably think of many more reasons, and even better ones, and I know we can't check everywhere, but here's hopin' we're able to pin the tail on this donkey!

I thought i read somewhere that the current NM lives, lived, or has relatives in the lake mary area.

Im interested / curious in the time 3:40 to 4:40 pm and 9:42 pm areas of time (just from wild hunch feeling with no real good explaination that my brain can rationalize / the two times come to mind often).

The only factual info closely related to those times is the 4:26 text and 8 something pm phone power down, Correct?

Thanks
MOO
Artzypantz

Reading your last sentence show how little information we do have other than what others said.

We have the 2:30 Family seeing Michelle
Then the 3:18 video of the hummer entering Carter Glen with Dale seeing her.
then not much at that.
Since we dont know if the 4:26 was from Michelle (it was from her phone.)
And then the time it power down...

But yes you are correct it seems...

I'd like to briefly discuss cell phone pings. I've been on a lot of mp searches and learned a little about pings. Not sure if it's all correct or not. What I got out of what I learned was that pings are not exact locations. And if a cell phone has GPS (which is different than a ping) .. that could give an exact location. I did a little research before typing this and found that Hinkey Meter had something. Breathlife21 and TexasLil are mentioned. I think they are reading at this time.

People have been posting a lot lately .. at least on the last two threads .. about pings at exact locations. Would you two care to weigh in on this? Anyone else too. I'd like this clarified if possible. TIA!

Pings as I would think are sections of cell tower that have a unique number Known as a cell id and are kept by a cell phone provider. I guess originally they were kept to determine if you were roaming. Cell Towers have usually 3 sections and thus 3 cellids per tower. I know that 2G and 3G cellids are different in that 3G have larger numbers. The ones I pinged from ATT are 9 digits and since they rolled out the 4G network they all changed but are still 9 digits. Pinging a tower can be done with a lot of phones. There are some Android apps that can show a cellid and sometimes a special code to enter into a phone will bring up your cellid. Sometimes I noticed they come up in hexadecimal and need conversion to decimal.

http://www.wpsantennas.com/pdf/testmode/FieldTestModes.pdf

To sum it up a ping is one section of a circle surrounding a tower kind of like a peace sign.

I wonder how many cell calls and texts Michelle averaged in a day, both those that she sent and those that she received. Ah, yet another thing that would be nice to know.:sigh:

An average of 32.3 texts and 14.8 calls per day IMO. Lol

Snippet from nobodynoz' most wonderful questions list:

12. If Mrs. DS Sr. (TS) answered the call from YS, what did she say to YS in reference to why DS II couldn’t come to the phone? A Notes: Reports state that TS did answer when YS tried to call DS II.

If you take it literally, wouldn't that translate to TS answered DSII cell? Wouldnt the quickest and simplest way to reach someone, especially in an emergency, be to call the phone they have with them no matter where they are at? And then, from there, try numbers at individual locations?

It doesn't say YS called TS house to see if anyone there might have heard from Michelle and asked if Jr was there with the twins yet. Maybe it is just how it is worded and I am reading too much into it, but it says: Reports state that TS did answer when YS tried to call DS II.. JMO

Is this just how you worded it nobodynoz, or is it verbatim? Thoughts?

BBM

Interesting...the old McCoy Air Force Base is right next to Orlando International Airport and access to it is the Daetwyler and McCoy Rd area.

I used to live on the annex out there when my husband was in the Navy. The old base capehart housing has been redone and made into a housing area. The back half of the annex across from the airport runways is accessed by Ave. C a block East of Daetwyler and past the base exchange which is still there and operating. On Texas Lil's map I see that most of those buildings back there that were the town home base housing have been torn and at the time the photos were taken haven't been rebuilt into anything. There is a lot of forest area there and with no housing or people around but lots of access roads, it seems like a good place to search. Also it is not far off the alternative route to DS1's house that someone marked in red and posted with the cell tower info a page or two up. Do we know if that area was searched already?

He has not posted anything regarding his job or state of his job. He is however, thinking about taking the kids to Disneyworld on friday, if anyone would like to go?

Thanks
MOO
Artzypantz

NM ( posted on FB) - yes I am FB friends with him also.

Worked at United Rentals (Feild Service Tech) Orlando, Florida
Went to Deltona High School
Lives in Deltona, Florida
From Deltona, Florida Class of 1995
Born on October 1, 1976

*He spelt Field wrong, not me! This is all my opinion!

He has not posted anything regarding his job or state of his job. He is however, thinking about taking the kids to Disneyworld on friday, if anyone would like to go?

Must be a jedi event there that day. Which storm trooper do you think he'll dress up as? :crazy:

Snippet from nobodynoz' most wonderful questions list:

12. If Mrs. DS Sr. (TS) answered the call from YS, what did she say to YS in reference to why DS II couldn’t come to the phone? A Notes: Reports state that TS did answer when YS tried to call DS II.

If you take it literally, wouldn't that translate to TS answered DSII cell? Wouldnt the quickest and simplest way to reach someone, especially in an emergency, be to call the phone they have with them no matter where they are at? And then, from there, try numbers at individual locations?

It doesn't say YS called TS house to see if anyone there might have heard from Michelle and asked if Jr was there with the twins yet. Maybe it is just how it is worded and I am reading too much into it, but it says: Reports state that TS did answer when YS tried to call DS II.. JMO

Is this just how you worded it nobodynoz, or is it verbatim? Thoughts?

I don't know, I'm thinking YS would have called DSJr's cell phone first, then maybe his landline and then maybe the landline at his parent's house. Assuming of course that she had all those numbers handy at the time. Perhaps we're only hearing about the conversation with TS because that is the first response she got?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members