Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

I think Jantz is telling us that print belongs to an adult woman. He gave it a 60% chance it's a woman's and only a 40% chance it's male.

I believe both patent prints are Darlie's.

Did you know they had Devon and Damon brought back up (can't remember the word) so they could take thier prints?

Yes, I have cognitive problems sometimes where I forget words or say the wrong word when I'm thinking the correct one.

Exhumed is the word cami.
It took me a minute to remember the word also, lol. I have the worst memory.

Exhumed is the word cami.
It took me a minute to remember the word also, lol. I have the worst memory.

Yes, that's it thank you. I was thinking it was assumed but knew that was wrong anyway.

It's an interesting notion that Darlie is "languishing" on Texas Death Row when she bears the greatest burden of responsibility for both the appearance on Death Row and the length of time she has been there.

Hi all, I'm a newbie at Websleuths but not a newbie to this case (however I do admit to being rusty on the transcripts because of the vacation I took from this case several years ago).

I don't know if 8 1/2 years is the average time on Texas Death Row but I do know that the new age of exectuing women in Texas started with Karla Faye Tucker who was on Death Row for 14 years before being executed, Betty Lou Beets who was on Death Row for 15 years and Francis Newton was on Death Row 17 years. Darlie has been on Death Row for almost 15 years now, smack dab in the middle of "normal" for Texas.

I think it should also be noted that the transcript dispute has added years to Darlie's appeals. An acceptable transcript wasn't even submitted to the appeals court until 2000 and her direct appeal (first step in the process) wasn't even filed until 2001. This is not typical. It may be that Darlie has been on Death Row for almost 15 years but we must remember her case has only actually been in the appeals process for 10 years.

It's an interesting notion that Darlie is "languishing" on Texas Death Row when she bears the greatest burden of responsibility for both the appearance on Death Row and the length of time she has been there.

Hi all, I'm a newbie at Websleuths but not a newbie to this case (however I do admit to being rusty on the transcripts because of the vacation I took from this case several years ago).

I don't know if 8 1/2 years is the average time on Texas Death Row but I do know that the new age of exectuing women in Texas started with Karla Faye Tucker who was on Death Row for 14 years before being executed, Betty Lou Beets who was on Death Row for 15 years and Francis Newton was on Death Row 17 years. Darlie has been on Death Row for almost 15 years now, smack dab in the middle of "normal" for Texas.

I think it should also be noted that the transcript dispute has added years to Darlie's appeals. An acceptable transcript wasn't even submitted to the appeals court until 2000 and her direct appeal (first step in the process) wasn't even filed until 2001. This is not typical. It may be that Darlie has been on Death Row for almost 15 years but we must remember her case has only actually been in the appeals process for 10 years.

Lol, she can languish at her leisure now, no more big house to clean or noisy kids to clean up after.

Yes, very true. And now with the feds sending it back to the state for dna tests it will take years and years. Testing has not even started and it's almost three years since the federal judge granted the dna motion. That grants her a stay. I don't think the tests will help her in anyway so it's in her favour to keep delaying them. Her supporters are asking for money on FB to pay her lawyers.

I don't think, at least I hope, she will never be executed.

Although I firmly believe in her guilt, I'm not in favour of the DP.

I just read on another board that there have been some DNA results that have come in and they are in Darlie's favor?:waitasec: Has anyone else read this or have any information?

I'd say the DNA results aren't in yet. N. Texas newspapers usually cover this sort of thing when there is new case info on Darlie, whether for or against her innocence.

I'd say the DNA results aren't in yet. N. Texas newspapers usually cover this sort of thing when there is new case info on Darlie, whether for or against her innocence.

Guess we will find out in a few days.

I looked at Darlies facebook. I have to send a friends request. Did they change her page? I thought I'd looked at it before and was able to read all the post. I'm not able to read it now. I hate to actually have to friends request her. Dont want to be associated with her as a friend!

I looked at Darlies facebook. I have to send a friends request. Did they change her page? I thought I'd looked at it before and was able to read all the post. I'm not able to read it now. I hate to actually have to friends request her. Dont want to be associated with her as a friend!

No, you don't have to send Darlie a friend request at all. You can read it in a group she has called "Free Darlie"....look under a post from a cleaner church and it is the second comment down. It is quite a long comment too.

I seldom debate this case, but I do log in now and then to correct misinformation. Darin never suggested 'burning the house down for insurance.' What he claims to have said is that he wished he could arrange for the house to be robbed when no one was at home. Then, after he had collected the insurance money, he would have the furniture brought back in and keep the money. Darin says he mentioned this in a bar somewhere, but he can't remember what bar or to whom he said this. It also took him six years to remember saying this and only after being prompted by Darlie's stepfather. We who believe in Darlie as the lone killer now have more reason to believe she acted alone...Darin has filed for divorce. This is something no husband would do if he actually had anything to do with the murder. Darlie would roll on him in a second.

It takes a LOT of nerve to speak out in a case where two small children were murdered. It's not like they committed suicide or had a horrible accident.
Also, I am fully aware that mothers can and do kill. I believe that both JonBenet Ramsey and Caylee Anthony died at the hands at their mothers.

There is physical evidence in this case, which, to me, points to Darlie being almost killed. Held down, her throat slashed from side to side.
I honestly do not think she was the killer of the Routier's sons. I don't believe that Darin was looked at in any way as a suspect. He was given a free pass and Darlie was the bulls- eye target from the beginning.
Things like this happen in Texas all the time. A great deal of misogyny on the local level. I was recently made aware of it in a very personal and startling way.

I am so very tired of hearing about children being murdered by their mothers/fathers/step parents/Bfs/Gfs......don't we have enough perverts/pedophiles and baby killers walking our streets as it is?
Now having said that...I am a firm believer in justice...I am still very upset that Casey Anthony walked free.....but that is no excuse for a person who might be not guilty to be sitting behind bars.....If the DNA evidence could prove her innocent, then by all means, she deserves that chance.

It takes a LOT of nerve to speak out in a case where two small children were murdered. It's not like they committed suicide or had a horrible accident.
Also, I am fully aware that mothers can and do kill. I believe that both JonBenet Ramsey and Caylee Anthony died at the hands at their mothers.

There is physical evidence in this case, which, to me, points to Darlie being almost killed. Held down, her throat slashed from side to side.
I honestly do not think she was the killer of the Routier's sons. I don't believe that Darin was looked at in any way as a suspect. He was given a free pass and Darlie was the bulls- eye target from the beginning.
Things like this happen in Texas all the time. A great deal of misogyny on the local level. I was recently made aware of it in a very personal and startling way.

I thought there was something 'kicking' in Darlie's case but it was not DNA evidence {as I remember}. BTW, that is all that I know. But anytime something is being worked on to bring out a truth I'm all for it.

I don't think the boys were ever able to kick or even scream once the lungs were punctured, but think that Darlie knicked her bones and cut vessels with her own stab wounds. I think the blood pooled and big bruises spread. She could also have whacked herself a bit beforehand in the spots where she planned to claim a man held her down. There's no way she could have been pinned down with someone's knees on the couch while he used hands to cut that spot on one side of her neck. She'd have had big bruises on her *advertiser censored* too.

You may be right that fighting for a mother convicted of murdering her children may not be popular but I have to say the majority of people that argue capital cases are pretty inured to that type of thing, murderers are the worst regardless of who they kill.

But let's get back to the facts...
There is no evidence Darlie was held down much less that her throat was actually slashed side to side. First, it's impossible for anyone to bruise her from armpit to knuckles - legs aren't long enough for complete coverage of the area and moving around to bruise that area would make impressions.

Second, the blood evidence on the couch or on the shirt do not support Darlie lying down on the couch when her neck was cut. I say "cut" because it's clear from the knife wounds that there were two separate cuts on her neck. Tell me, why would a person slashing a throat first start under the right ear and then change to the middle of the throat? And if they start at the throat for the second slash, why not just stab? Easier, certainly, than slashing. Plus, try it yourself on a couch...VERY difficult angle.

Darin was not given a "free pass". And there is suspicious circumstances surrounding him but Darlie, not the cops, cleared him when she said the man she supposedly saw was not Darin AND when she said she saw him coming downstairs after the man she saw left (again, think about it...Darin could not have attacker her, run out and then gotten back in without her seeing it. It's impossible for Darin to have done it and Darlie not know and be covering it up)

I don't agree that Darlie was targeted for the simple reason that the investigative process has been covered and it is not in any way aberrant from standard procedures for other local, state and federal investigations. What is evident is that you may have a distinct bias from a personal experience rather than a true understanding of the case facts.

I know I couldn't believe it either that the results are in Darlies favor. I am still waiting for someone to confirm that this information is correct. I am shocked the results are in her favor. My God could I have been completely wrong about this entire case. Could Darlie really be innocent? If she is innocent I feel like a total fool. I'm not going to jump the gun yet until someone can verify it.

Don't ring the bells yet. Her lawyer has confirmed that mitochrondial tests are completed on the limb and pubic hair and that they are favourable to Darlie. As we know Mito testing is not as conclusive as STR testing and we know the pubic hair was already STR tested and it doesn't belong to the Routiers. But we don't know how long these hairs were even in the Routier home, they could have come in on someone's shoe. These hairs will do nothing for Darlie.

No, you don't have to send Darlie a friend request at all. You can read it in a group she has called "Free Darlie"....look under a post from a cleaner church and it is the second comment down. It is quite a long comment too.

You cannot post on those pages if you believe Darlie is guilty. They shut anyone out who dares even say she is guilty.

Feel free to join our Facebook Page where you will get all the up to date information on Darlie. Anyone can post, supporters and non-supporters. You can also ask any question you want and we will try and answer with the facts.

Anyway the page is The Darlie Routier Case.

Sorry I've not read up on this case and there are a lot of strings. Did they ever explain the sock found in the alley? I saw a special on t.v. and was shocked at the photos of the bruising on her arms. Both were black and blue covered with bruises. Since I recall back in TX that they said she had only superficial self inflicted wounds and minor bruising, seeing her arms covered in major bruises was quite a surprise. All that was self inflicted? And what about that sock?

The sock was Darin's sock. Five blood spots of the boys were found on the outside of the sock and Darlie's dna found in the toe.

How can you explain something you don't know? Only Darlie knows why that sock is in the alley because she put it there.

Who in Texas said she had superficial wounds and minor bruising? Her doctors who treated her that's who and I am sure they would know. She did actually, but you have to understand what superficial wounds are. She certainly had serious wounds but non-life threatening and she had no bruising in the hospital as her arms were checked every day. So they alleged comment that you can see the bruises forming in the hospital are lies. Certainly one arm looks bad but the way she acquired that bruise is suspect. She'd have many knife wounds on her fingers, palms and underside of her arms if she was fighing with a knife (which wouldn't cause bruises). If someone is hitting her with something why on only the underside of her arm? No broken bones, no hits to the head, face or body. And certainly she didnt get what her boys got, she's alive. She was fit enough to shoot that silly string, no pain in her arm then.

Early last year the state approved testing on several items - I suppose they felt that current DNA tests that were not available at the time of the trial might show something new. It clearly states in the paperwork from the state that when the testing is done, the defense will get the results. Everyone has been waiting for these results, with her supporters claiming that new evidence found with the tests will prove that there was an intruder.

This week Darlie's mother posted a letter online to all her supporters. She claims several things, first that the results came back in mid December, but they don't know them yet because the prosecution always gets the results first. This is not true, it clearly states in the paperwork that the defense gets the results. The defense, after all, are who wanted the tests in the first place. She MUST know this. I am sure that woman knows every word in every document about her daughters case. But, there may be a reason she is lying about this, and that could be that the results are NOT favorable for the defense, because she is also asking for MORE MONEY for ADDITIONAL testing. She also claims that all the money sent in so far is gone, and now the lawyers are possibly going to drop the case. Now think about it - would pro bono lawyers drop a case in which they had just gotten back favorable results to DNA testing that could prove once and for all that their client is innocent? Probably not. But they might want out if they think that the case is a losing deal, if the results to the tests show nothing in Darlie's favor,or if her appeals have run out.

Even if people do send money, the state may not approve more testing. They can't just let her go on for the next 20 years asking for tests whenever DNA techniques improve.

The post from Darlie's mother is on the Free Darlie page on FB. I don't know for sure what is going on, but I do think that she knows the results to her daughters last round of DNA testing, and they can't be good if she isn't saying anything about it. Nor would she be asking for more money. Also, as part of this testing, they also got approval to run the "unknown" fingerprints thru the national databases, to see if they were a match for anyone. Nothing was mentioned about that either, so it's doubtful a match was found.

I read this too. The letter is here from Darlies mother:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/donate.html
Supporters, friends, and family of Darlie:

"I have received an update from Darlie's attorneys and I want to share some of the details. The testing on the five items approved through Texas is complete. This particular testing (though there is more to do at the state and federal levels) has been complete since the middle of December, but we have yet to get the report. I do not know why this delay has occurred, but my understanding is that the prosecution receives the report first.

I have been told that Darlie’s attorneys are preparing a second motion for more testing. Again, this is dependent on the State's approval, but we would all like to see the fingerprint, entire sock, limb hair on sock, and boot print in blood left on the carpet tested. Anything approved by Texas will be paid for by Texas. The attorneys are not expecting much help on the five items tested because of the limitations the state put on the testing and what they chose to allow. ..." SNIP

Full letter at link above.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland