Interview with Mike Thompson

Since Mike lived in Kansas City, wouldn't he have heard about the missing baby, and recalled the baby he saw? It was all over the Kansas City and national news, and it seems like the type of story that people would discuss at work, with neighbors, relatives, etc. I don't understand why it took a week for him to notify LE.

ETA: Now that I think about it, it would be possible to avoid news about a story for a week.

Inteview states 'By this time a man, carrying a baby was probably around 20 to 30 yards north of the intersection walking on N. Randolph. * Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?"* The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert.'

20 to 30 yards is a long way, 60-90 feet to see details of a baby or yell to someone over the sound of a motorcycle. This account sounds fishy to me.

With this in the media, if I were the parents of this missing child, I would have contacted the motorcycle driver to question him myself with pictures of my baby in hand. Did the parents ever call and question the driver???

Great question! Did Lisa's parents speak with ANY of the witnesses about what they saw that night?

With this in the media, if I were the parents of this missing child, I would have contacted the motorcycle driver to question him myself with pictures of my baby in hand. Did the parents ever call and question the driver???

I would think some would say that JI/DB were tampering with witness's if they contacted Mr. Thompson. So for that reason alone I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nelly, but it seems like if this report were accurate and MT did see a live Lisa at 4am this would make it pretty probable that Lisa is in fact still alive and was sold or given to a loving couple who wanted a baby.

BUT BUT BUT! Why did he not call 911 right away? Why did he wait a week to report this? How did the man with the baby react? If he didn't respond at all, wouldn't that raise concern for the baby? If the Irwin/Bradley family didn't have anything to do with Lisa's disappearance why are they not out there questioning these sightings? Asking for more information? Maybe they are and we just aren't hearing about it?

I kept my hopes up that Lisa was somehow still alive for a long time, it's just getting harder and harder to believe in that possibility.

Great question! Did Lisa's parents speak with ANY of the witnesses about what they saw that night?

I believe that any questioning of witness's should be done by law enforcement personnel or maybe private investigators depending on their training. Having parents of a missing child questioning witness's is a bad idea IMO.

I believe that any questioning of witness's should be done by law enforcement personnel or maybe private investigators depending on their training. Having parents of a missing child questioning witness's is a bad idea IMO.

While I tend to agree that the parents shouldn't be involved in questioning witnesses, I have a hard time believing that innocent parents wouldn't risk everything to get their child back. I can't imagine not begging, threatening, demanding the police get answers, and if they didn't then hire a private investigator or do it themselves.

While I tend to agree that the parents shouldn't be involved in questioning witnesses, I have a hard time believing that innocent parents wouldn't risk everything to get their child back. I can't imagine not begging, threatening, demanding the police get answers, and if they didn't then hire a private investigator or do it themselves.
So you have no problem with the potential issue of witness tampering by the parents in this case? I'm not sure if they are innocent in this case and I don't want them talking to witness's and influencing them to testify in their favor. As for demanding that the police get answers, sure I'm for that too. So far they have given us little in that regard. Maybe that's because they have little to offer. MOO

Were the two "sightings" of the man and baby in the same area? How close to each other were they?

IIRC The two sightings are on the map some wonderful sleuther prepared on the media thread?:waitasec:
JMO

So you have no problem with the potential issue of witness tampering by the parents in this case? I'm not sure if they are innocent in this case and I don't want them talking to witness's and influencing them to testify in their favor. As for demanding that the police get answers, sure I'm for that too. So far they have given us little in that regard. Maybe that's because they have little to offer. MOO

I have a problem with guilty parents talking to witnesses. ;) I thought MT had already been tampered by Ron, the PI (can't remember his last name).

The man saw *a baby.* That's it. Just a baby. Can't say if it was a girl or boy, how old it was other than that it could hold itself up while being held. I'm sure there aren't tons of people walking around with babies at 4 am, but really. There is nothing to indicate this was Lisa. I am skeptical that it was. I don't think a live Lisa left the house. The dogs pretty much convinced me it was a dead baby that left the house.

I think the only interesting info to come out of that article is that he was shown the photos of a person he supposedly picked from a police line up by someone else prior to that police line up. Which I suspected all alone, since he (MT) claimed he picked someone whose photos "they" have been showing. So who was he picking from that police line up? Someone he saw on the street, or someone whose photos he was shown? I just down see any convincing evidence that this sighting of "Lisa" is credible.

The parents and their lawyers have spent an awful lot of time with one of the key witnesses in this case, the next door neighbour SB. Also the brother PN.

MOO

The parents and their lawyers have spent an awful lot of time with one of the key witnesses in this case, the next door neighbour SB. Also the brother PN.

MOO

Yes, that's true. I would weigh the statements made by close friends and family differently from strangers. And why is that? Because of the influence JI/DB would have on them. That's why I wouldn't want JI/DB to influence other witness's. MOO.

Probably not, knowing how they have reacted towards their child missing.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nelly, but it seems like if this report were accurate and MT did see a live Lisa at 4am this would make it pretty probable that Lisa is in fact still alive and was sold or given to a loving couple who wanted a baby.

BUT BUT BUT! Why did he not call 911 right away? Why did he wait a week to report this? How did the man with the baby react? If he didn't respond at all, wouldn't that raise concern for the baby? If the Irwin/Bradley family didn't have anything to do with Lisa's disappearance why are they not out there questioning these sightings? Asking for more information? Maybe they are and we just aren't hearing about it?

I kept my hopes up that Lisa was somehow still alive for a long time, it's just getting harder and harder to believe in that possibility.

I'm pretty sure they are not out their searching for Lisa. They don't care about her. All of their behavior points to that.

I think the only interesting info to come out of that article is that he was shown the photos of a person he supposedly picked from a police line up by someone else prior to that police line up. Which I suspected all alone, since he (MT) claimed he picked someone whose photos "they" have been showing. So who was he picking from that police line up? Someone he saw on the street, or someone whose photos he was shown? I just down see any convincing evidence that this sighting of "Lisa" is credible.

This I remember clearly .The Man on the motor bike was showen a picture by the male reporter for HLN/CNN. He was the guy that for the first little bit did his piece for usually HLN and you would allways Listen to him talk while standing basically in the front yard so you could see the Irwin house in the back groundI forget his name. There was a vid of him talking to the guy on the bike and he says to him is this the man you saw that night at 4 am carrying a baby then the reporter for HLN showed him his cell phone .I assume he had the pic on his cell phone. The man on the bike said Ya Yes thats the guy. then the HLN Reporter turns to the camera and says this picture on my phone has been positivly ID'D as the man he 'points to the bike guy' seen at 4am and we have been told this the man on the phone is known as jersey ,,,Thats how the very first naming of who he saw came about from the male reporter from HLN that was for weeks out in front of the Irwins House...I wanna say his name was mike . Not big balk mike brooks lol. but just a reporter i think named mike Iam sure u remember him he allways did the same thing gave updated to nancy and jane allways right in front of the irwins home ...

Oh YA what i wanted to ask was does anyone know just what the guy on the motor bike was doing out at 4am to even be able to be a witness.I also think whoever he saw he new they werent comin back and wouldnt ever be asked anyway so knowing that he can say whatever he wants that he says he said to the guy with the baby to make himself look good not that iam saying he is a liar anyway ..im just saying he knows that instant wont be replayed or talked about so he can say he said all this and all that .No one will question it anyway why not tell everyone he told the guy to get a jacket on the baby..

I thought the person who showed the motorcycle guy the picture was Gil Abeyta (sp?).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back