Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a rental property. Not that it matters much considering the fact that two innocent children died, but in my state, renters must have renters insurance for the landlord to collect if a fire was caused deliberately or by negligence by a renter.

Doesn't landlord have his own insurance? Renters insurance would cover their belongings, not the house itself, because it doesn't belong to them.

I knew this was going to happen. Josh's supporters are going to turn him into a matyr. Makes me want to vomit. They all need to be taken down a few notches, IMO. Oh and after saying all this, said cousin hopes the Cox and Powell families can work together regarding funeral arrangements. You %#&%!!!. If the Cox's work with you it's because of the wonderful loving people they are. There is more at the link I can't read because I'm ready to spit nails.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53451811-78/leach-powell-josh-family.html.csp

(snip)
Josh Powell had been cyberbullied since his wife’s disappearance, on Facebook pages dedicated to finding Susan that named him as a suspect and slandered his behavior, Leach said. The possibility of Josh Powell being required to undergo an invasive psychosexual evaluation as part of his custody dispute, also troubles the family, Leach said.
"I can tell you that Josh was terrorized. I’m sure there are people out there who would consider this appropriate given the mass assumption of his guilt. We all want to see criminals pay for what they have done, but when evidence lacks for due process to make this happen, is this the appropriate method of alternate prosecution? This reminds me of North Korea’s process — walk the accused out into a field and put a bullet in them. The difference here is that everybody spends their time enjoying the prelude as some form of sick entertainment while posting Bible scriptures to justify to themselves the reason for which they are finding so much enjoyment," Leach said.

I cant even stand to read the comment boards on both ksl and the trib (there are a few people saying this garbage). Its beyond me that anyone can say this was any reason at all to murder his sons, what the hell is wrong with people?? If he had only taken out himself then maybe their argument would hold water (not to me though) but he MURDERED his boys, this just disgusts me.

I had backed away from WS because Baby Lisa and Baby A in WV had really got to me but I had to come back when I heard this news. I first read it last night as my husband was heading out to pick up food and all I could do was scream "NO" and sit here staring at the screen with my hand over my mouth. I know that my scream and the tears running down my face terrified my own family but I can't even begin to process what Susan's parents must be feeling today and in the days to come. Once their shock wears off the pain will surely be unbearable but I hope they find a way to make it thru the dark once again and carry on in their daughter's memory.

I'm not big on prayers or higher powers but my only hope right now is that so many of you are right and those two boys once again know the love of their mother's arms. As for the evil b@stard Susan's parents once welcomed into their family, the coward that took more from them than any family should ever have to lose...I can take some solace in hoping that the fire he started yesterday will be eternal for him. May his father soon join him in those flames.

Doesn't landlord have his own insurance? Renters insurance would cover their belongings, not the house itself, because it doesn't belong to them.

thats what I thought about the insurance I know here in Texas you have to have it for theft of your belongings and maybe fire too but its only for your stuff not the property.

Now that I think of it I had rent houses and one was vandolized and insurance paid so I guess fire would go under the same policy. Just really sad and cowardly, that is the only word I can think of COWARDLY

Powell, 36, spoke with ABC News shortly after a court hearing Wednesday in which he was ordered to undergo psychosexual testing before he could regain custody of his sons, Charles, 7, and Braden, 5.

Less than a week later, Powell let his sons into his house for a supervised visit, but shut and locked the door before the social worker could enter. Moments later, the house smelled of gas and erupted in a ball of flames. The two boys and Powell died in the explosion.

In his final conversation with ABC News, Powell said he had no idea what images had been found on his hard drive that prompted the court to keep his children away from him and order him to undergo a psychosexual examination.

Despite the court ruling, Powell gave no indication of the rage that would drive him to blow up himself, his children, and his home.

Rather than being angry or upset by the court order, Powell was calm and more relaxed than usual and was optimistically looking forward to when he would regain custody of his sons.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...n-grandparents/story?id=15520394#.TzASM5h9GXw

video at link

I knew this was going to happen. Josh's supporters are going to turn him into a matyr. Makes me want to vomit. They all need to be taken down a few notches, IMO. Oh and after saying all this, said cousin hopes the Cox and Powell families can work together regarding funeral arrangements. You %#&%!!!. If the Cox's work with you it's because of the wonderful loving people they are. There is more at the link I can't read because I'm ready to spit nails.

(snip)
Josh Powell had been cyberbullied since his wife’s disappearance, on Facebook pages dedicated to finding Susan that named him as a suspect and slandered his behavior, Leach said. The possibility of Josh Powell being required to undergo an invasive psychosexual evaluation as part of his custody dispute, also troubles the family, Leach said.
"I can tell you that Josh was terrorized. I’m sure there are people out there who would consider this appropriate given the mass assumption of his guilt. We all want to see criminals pay for what they have done, but when evidence lacks for due process to make this happen, is this the appropriate method of alternate prosecution? This reminds me of North Korea’s process — walk the accused out into a field and put a bullet in them. The difference here is that everybody spends their time enjoying the prelude as some form of sick entertainment while posting Bible scriptures to justify to themselves the reason for which they are finding so much enjoyment," Leach said.

Just that little bit is enough to steer me away from that article. Sickening :(

(snip)

Well, it IS rather difficult when people don't actually BELIEVE your lies and you become one of the most hated men in America..

He shouldn't have killed and disposed of his wife .. so sorry.

Just sayin' ...

imo imo imo

Not in Michigan. I rent. My lease stipulates that I must carry renter's insurance and supply my landlord proof of insurance.

Here in Michigan, renters are responsible for deliberate or negligent damage to property.

Still doesn't compare to the pain of these poor boys family. JP did not care who he took with him as long as the truth was never known, apparently.

Just that little bit is enough to steer me away from that article. Sickening :(

Apart from the quoted part, it is quite interesting. Apparently his family members called 911 from Texas after receiving the email, they figured something was horribly wrong.

Police said they would release no additional details as the investigation progresses. "The West Valley City Police Department is deeply saddened by this tragic event and extends their deepest condolences to all those impacted by this loss," the department said in a statement.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...ell-susan-fire-utah-police-investigation.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef016300d98d8a970d-pi
^^kleenex alert: above is a picture drawn by one of Charlie's friends^^

Not in Michigan. I rent. My lease stipulates that I must carry renter's insurance and supply my landlord proof of insurance.

Here in Michigan, renters are responsible for deliberate or negligent damage to property.

Still doesn't compare to the pain of these poor boys family. JP did not care who he took with him as long as the truth was never known, apparently.

Must be different from state to state because as far as I understand where I live renters insurance would only cover my things but not the apartment. Since I don't own it, it makes sense to me. I am not going to sustain any damages if the house itself is damaged because I wasn't the one paying for it.

To begin with, there should be no visits at homes where there is any history of DV or where there is a "person of interest" in a spousal disappearance. No social workers should be put in harm's way in order to "supervise" at a suspect's home.

Just as DFS removes ALL the kids from a home proactively where there is an abuse allegation involving one, ALL the kids should be removed from a home proactively when a parent disappears with suspicious circumstances. Especially when there are additional circumstances like grandpa and his voyeurism and *advertiser censored*.

No DFS worker should be instructed to call a supervisor when the non-custodial parent has just pushed her out the door. She should be empowered to decide whether to call 911 or her supervisor at that point. Or instructed to call 911 no matter what! Terrible that she should be entrusted with this task yet not empowered to make the decision to call police.

We need to leave behind the centuries' old presumption that children are their parents' property. No more meth-heads getting their kids back time and time again, so that the kids suffer attachment disorder and go on to tortured lives of their own. One strike - go to rehab, and if you screw up again, your kids are on their way to a permanent adoptive family.

Why do we have such a strong anti-abortion movement, ostensibly to protect children, but once the kids are here, their "parents" can do whatever with them and we give the parent's "rights" priority over and over again?

Sorry for the rant....I'm just so upset that we keep sacrificing up kids this way. If Joshie had been innocent, he could have taken the tests, and his relationship with the kids would have survived a few more months or a year in the custody of their grandparents. This presumption that kids need to be "reunited" with their parents immediately, puts them at unacceptable risk. Enough is enough.

A Charlie and Braden Law is a very good idea.

Once again, another great post from dovebar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99