Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this time we all need to join hands and pray for the Cox family.
What has happened is done ,we need to make sure this doesn't happen again
We are advocates,let's work towards a better system for our children.
Josh Powell should have not had supervised visits to begin with and that is my opinion
The ONLY WAY we can get through this is by helping others,not by bickering by what has happened,it can't be undone.

:grouphug:

A candlelight vigil for Susan Cox Powell and her children, hosted by the Eastside Neighborhood Advisory Council of Tacoma, will take place Monday at 5:30 p.m. at McKinley Park, 907 Upper Park Way.

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert expressed his condolences "to all those who loved Charlie and Braden Powell."

"To have two innocent children taken in such a heart-breaking and horrible manner is a tragedy of the greatest proportions," he said in a prepared statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who are suffering as a result of this great loss."

Washington Governor Chris Gregoire echoed his sentiments.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53454834-78/powell-josh-case-cox.html.csp

Apart from the quoted part, it is quite interesting. Apparently his family members called 911 from Texas after receiving the email, they figured something was horribly wrong.

If its quoted correctly it was the exact same e-mail he send his lawyer.

I knew this was going to happen. Josh's supporters are going to turn him into a matyr. Makes me want to vomit. They all need to be taken down a few notches, IMO. Oh and after saying all this, said cousin hopes the Cox and Powell families can work together regarding funeral arrangements. You %#&%!!!. If the Cox's work with you it's because of the wonderful loving people they are. There is more at the link I can't read because I'm ready to spit nails.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53451811-78/leach-powell-josh-family.html.csp

(snip)
Josh Powell had been cyberbullied since his wife’s disappearance, on Facebook pages dedicated to finding Susan that named him as a suspect and slandered his behavior, Leach said. The possibility of Josh Powell being required to undergo an invasive psychosexual evaluation as part of his custody dispute, also troubles the family, Leach said.
"I can tell you that Josh was terrorized. I’m sure there are people out there who would consider this appropriate given the mass assumption of his guilt. We all want to see criminals pay for what they have done, but when evidence lacks for due process to make this happen, is this the appropriate method of alternate prosecution? This reminds me of North Korea’s process — walk the accused out into a field and put a bullet in them. The difference here is that everybody spends their time enjoying the prelude as some form of sick entertainment while posting Bible scriptures to justify to themselves the reason for which they are finding so much enjoyment," Leach said.

He was "cyberbullied"? BFD, that is nothing compared to the very real terror he inflicted on his wife, his children and his in-laws! He isn't a martyr he was a coward to very end and he deserves nothing less than an eternity of pain of suffering. The Coxes will likely never recover from his reign of terror over their family and even with his death the memory of what he did to their beautiful daughter and grandchildren will haunt them. I have an unhealthy amount of anger for anyone that would try to make this man out to be anything but the cowardly bast... that he was. I'm just sickened.

ETA: I think it was a very big mistake for his cousin to allow his name to be attached to that article and those quotes. I don't advocate this sort of thing but I suspect he might find himself learning what "cyberbullying" really is very, very soon.

Doesn't landlord have his own insurance? Renters insurance would cover their belongings, not the house itself, because it doesn't belong to them.

In Michigan, not true. Renter's insurance is required by almost all landlords to cover cases of negligence.

This may not be true for all states. Just stating what my own landlord told me. I HAVE to carry renter's insurance in case I accidentally cause a fire or some other catastrophic event. And I have to provide my landlord with proof of renter's insurance.

But, I'm off topic. The fact is who really cares about who pays for the fire? Two young boys are dead and so is the man who started this cycle of deceit, lies, pain, and tragedy. :(

It does not contradict anything.

Perhaps she beat in the door, went to her car to make the call, the explosion happened, then after the fire started, she beat on the walls and windows.

Like I said, perhaps they are all being truthful.

It could have ALL happened.

I never said or implied you accused anyone of lying. I was adding to what you said

It does make sense to me Kimberly that when he shut the door in her face that she would pound on the door. She probably told him 'if you dont open the door Mr. Powell I am going to have to call for assistance' etc.

He probably was watching her out the window and when she went to use her cell phone is when he struck the lighter.

She came very close to losing her own life.

IMO

Must be different from state to state because as far as I understand where I live renters insurance would only cover my things but not the apartment. Since I don't own it, it makes sense to me. I am not going to sustain any damages if the house itself is damaged because I wasn't the one paying for it.

Maybe I have been paying extra for something I don't really need, then.

My own landlord told me that IF there were to be a fire or any other damage here that I was found to be responsible for, that I would be sued and held legally liable.

At any rate, I am not going to focus on that. My heart is too full of pain over the loss of those two precious boys.

My wish is that everyone here be good to their family and hug them all.

Well that doesn't say anything about her beating on the walls once the fire started. And by the way I believe now they are saying the explosion was at 12:15, not 12:45.

I'm not sure what it matters at this point what time or if the SW beat on the walls at all. I can't imagine her panic at the situation as it was happening. Nothing short of ESP could have saved those children.

I knew this was going to happen. Josh's supporters are going to turn him into a matyr. Makes me want to vomit. They all need to be taken down a few notches, IMO. Oh and after saying all this, said cousin hopes the Cox and Powell families can work together regarding funeral arrangements. You %#&%!!!. If the Cox's work with you it's because of the wonderful loving people they are. There is more at the link I can't read because I'm ready to spit nails.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53451811-78/leach-powell-josh-family.html.csp

(snip)
Josh Powell had been cyberbullied since his wife’s disappearance, on Facebook pages dedicated to finding Susan that named him as a suspect and slandered his behavior, Leach said. The possibility of Josh Powell being required to undergo an invasive psychosexual evaluation as part of his custody dispute, also troubles the family, Leach said.
"I can tell you that Josh was terrorized. I’m sure there are people out there who would consider this appropriate given the mass assumption of his guilt. We all want to see criminals pay for what they have done, but when evidence lacks for due process to make this happen, is this the appropriate method of alternate prosecution? This reminds me of North Korea’s process — walk the accused out into a field and put a bullet in them. The difference here is that everybody spends their time enjoying the prelude as some form of sick entertainment while posting Bible scriptures to justify to themselves the reason for which they are finding so much enjoyment," Leach said.

Yeah, I knew the finger pointing would begin very soon. I don't care. This man deliberately and maliciously murdered his two helpless children, which IMO proves every bad thing anyone ever said about him. Anyone who would even attempt to make this man seem sympathetic is not worth a moment of my, or any decent person's time.

Supervised visitation SHOULD mean just that, like you meet us at McDonalds, but i guess if one was so determined they would use whatever means they could to accomplish this crime...I know hindsight is always 20/20 but I cant help but be so angry for the loss of those innocent children.

What a coward! and a Killer if he can do this we can assume the worse for poor Susan.
Yeah, but a McDonald's is no guarantee of safety either... Several years ago, there was a mass murder (gunfire) at a McDonald's in the San Diego area (San Ysidro) I believe:waitasec:...

It does make sense to me Kimberly that when he shut the door in her face that she would pound on the door. She probably told him 'if you dont open the door Mr. Powell I am going to have to call for assistance' etc.

He probably was watching her out the window and when she went to use her cell phone is when he struck the lighter.

She came very close to losing her own life.

IMO

I imagine we will soon hear a lot of noise about how he "spared" her but he didn't spare her anymore than he spared the Coxes. Can you imagine having to live with knowing that you walked those two young boys to their death? One moment they were in her vehicle, surely talking & laughing, and the next they were gone from this world. It was her job and I hope she is able to get through it knowing that she had no choice but I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. Many will blame her just because she was there and part of a system that failed the family and while no fault should fall on her that poor woman will have to live with the whispers, the "what ifs" and the memory of what was.

I imagine we will soon hear a lot of noise about how he "spared" her but he didn't spare her anymore than he spared the Coxes. Can you imagine having to live with knowing that you walked those two young boys to their death? One moment they were in her vehicle, surely talking & laughing, and the next they were gone from this world. It was her job and I hope she is able to get through it knowing that she had no choice but I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. Many will blame her just because she was there and part of a system that failed the family and while no fault should fall on her that poor woman will have to live with the whispers, the "what ifs" and the memory of what was.

That poor woman was on the low end of "the totem pole".

It was the ones above her should have, and could have prevented this IF the laws here in the U.S. did not protect suspected murderers versus potential victims.

Yeah, but a McDonald's is no guarantee of safety either... Several years ago, there was a mass murder (gunfire) at a McDonald's in the San Diego area (San Ysidro) I believe:waitasec:...

thats why I said he would use any means to accomplish his goal. When someone is this crazy I dont think any thing would stop him. If there is a will there is a way.

thats why I said he would use any means to accomplish his goal. When someone is this crazy I dont think any thing would stop him. If there is a will there is a way.
Agreed, but that's why the supervised visitation needs to be in a tightly controlled environment-a therapist's office, or a courthouse with metal detectors. A restaurant wouldn't be much safer than his home, because I don't think he'd hesitate to shoot other people either. We've seen that Josh Powell had the propensity to kill, so he most likely killed Susan.

Closing this thread because it is getting to be too large. Please move to Thread #2. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162034"]Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you!
~Summer_Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members