State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
younggrandmafigure.jpg

Don't see it. Her lips and her clothes being what are normally considered "girl" colors are about all I'm seeing. Lawsy, look at the eyebrows! Manly, and that left one looks a bit sinister.

Just got a chance to watch more testimony from 1st trial, so my apologies for bring this up, but what about testimony from newspaper lady and Cindy Beaver (neighbor)?

For those of you that think JY is guilty, how do you discard this testimony? Especially with Cindy Beaver's account, it seems it would be impossible for JY to make it back to the Hampton Inn in time.

I'll hang up and listen.

The postal clerk?
She wanted her 15 minutes of fame.
Sought out LE days later and inserted herself into the case.

If she saw a soccer mom car coming out of the drive, it was another drive or another day. I found her testimony full of BS....said she even saw the driver's shiny ring on his hand at 5:30 AM .

Way,way too much detail in her testimony.

She said she saw a commercial van on Blue Sage....about the same time she saw the car at the Youngs. Obviously she saw the wrong driveway...a couple up from the Youngs.

Her testimony makes no sense.

I believe the PT may hurt their case by having the daycare teacher testify. It can be speculated that CY saw the murder due to her reenactment. CY also identifies the victim as the "mommy doll" However the DT would surely then announce very loud and clear that at no time did CY identify the attacker as the "daddy doll" This may convince enough jurors that JY must not have been the attacker. It would also be speculation to assume that if CY witnessed the murder then only JY would not harm CY. The DT could speculate that the murder remains unsolved and the fact that CY, as a witness, was not harmed was due to an attempt to frame JY. I don't see the value of the day care teachers testimony.

I am too. I don't think it will differ much from the first trial but it may have twists like the state's case this time.

The biggest deal to come is if JY takes the stand. He won round one, IMO. Can he do it again?

I think the DT will, of course, wait till the PT is done, and then wait some more to see how they do in their CIC -- I do wonder, however, if JY is sitting on GO and ready to shine up there again. (I also still wonder how the discussion went on this subject between the attys. and JY in the first go 'round.)

If the PT scores big time from here on out, the DT may consider it -- I think they know he probably lies easily, and this may worry them, as a loose cannon on a ship might worry them... Are they gamblers??

And who is the man to JY's left at the table? Did I miss that? If someone knows ....TIA

I see value in it because CY is part of the evidence.

If the jury is going to evaluate all of the evidence, then this is something they need to consider.

Unprompted and on her own she acts out the murder she (obviously) witnessed.

She used the word "spanked." She accurately describes what happened to her mommy. She describes the boo-boos all over. She described the blood (the red stuff). She had the one doll beating the mommy not with fists but with another object. She had the mommy doll face down (which is how MY was found). She uses the bed as a site of the attack. None of this is coincidence. She was there and she saw it.

The jury will wonder who it was that allowed CY to not only live, but to wash her off and put her to bed. They will likely not believe it was a random stranger who wondered it, coincidentally wearing JY's HP Orbital shoes.

I believe the PT may hurt their case by having the daycare teacher testify. It can be speculated that CY saw the murder due to her reenactment. CY also identifies the victim as the "mommy doll" However the DT would surely then announce very loud and clear that at no time did CY identify the attacker as the "daddy doll" This may convince enough jurors that JY must not have been the attacker. It would also be speculation to assume that if CY witnessed the murder then only JY would not harm CY. The DT could speculate that the murder remains unsolved and the fact that CY, as a witness, was not harmed was due to an attempt to frame JY. I don't see the value of the day care teachers testimony.

The prosecution can only use the testimony to demonstrate that the child witnessed the murder. The prosecution justified introducing the testimony for the purpose of then arguing that only a father would leave his 2 year old child alive after murdering his wife. That simply isn't true ... so there are a couple of leaps the prosecution wants the jury to make.

The prosecution can only use the testimony to demonstrate that the child witnessed the murder. The prosecution justified introducing the testimony for the purpose of then arguing that only a father would leave his 2 year old child alive after murdering his wife. That simply isn't true ... so there are a couple of leaps the prosecution wants the jury to make.

Otto I think that is all correct, except I'd disagree that the idea is that only a father would leave the child alive as a witness. To me, the idea is the universe of people who would not only leave the child alive, but also (if you believe it happened) cleaned her up, and cleaned him/herself is limited, and JY is in it. I do agree it can't be known that someone else wouldn't have acted the same, but there is logic in thinking JY would be someone who would do those three things. Its a part of the picture, but not meant to say this proves it, by itself.

However, the PT may hard sell it as you say. We'll know tomorrow!

This pic is totally someone who has hesitated at the doorway and poked their head into a hallway or stairwell, or whatever that is, to have a look before they commit to going all the way through the door.

Wow. I spent way too much time figuring out these durn pics, but I finally see this one too!!! :woohoo: And yes, Bottle Cap that is exactly what it looks like... he's checkin it out before he enters... ugh... I detest this sob!

The postal clerk?
She wanted her 15 minutes of fame.

She didn't strike me as that type

The postal clerk?

Sought out LE days later and inserted herself into the case.

I thought the story made a lot of sense.

The postal clerk?
Way,way too much detail in her testimony.

She said she saw a commercial van on Blue Sage....about the same time she saw the car at the Youngs. Obviously she saw the wrong driveway...a couple up from the Youngs.

Her testimony makes no sense.

She had been driving that route for 21 years. It was the only way out of the neighborhood. From in front of 5108 Birchleaf, Blue Sage is just up ahead. If the entire street is dark, I imagine she would very easily notice a lit up delivery van at Blue Sage.

streetviewu.jpg

Capture-36.jpg

Said she saw the news van on Blue Sage - the same moment she saw the vehicle.
If she saw it at all, it was the house up from 5108 Birchleaf.

Again, makes no sense to me.

See streetview. Blue Sage is very close. Are you arguing that a van/car/whatever, with lights on would not be noticeable from this distance?

See streetview. Blue Sage is very close. Are you arguing that a van/car/whatever, with lights on would not be noticeable from this distance?

She said she saw the interior lights on and the exact description of the van.
I am suggesting she may have seen a vehicle at the next house, closer to Blue Sage....if she saw one at all.

Still no alert of Wake County Courthouse closing or delayed. They try not to ever close since it plays such heck with trial start dates, etc., etc., but here is the WRAL Closings link in case anyone wants to check...

http://www.wral.com/weather/closings/#w

Otto I think that is all correct, except I'd disagree that the idea is that only a father would leave the child alive as a witness. To me, the idea is the universe of people who would not only leave the child alive, but also (if you believe it happened) cleaned her up, and cleaned him/herself is limited, and JY is in it. I do agree it can't be known that someone else wouldn't have acted the same, but there is logic in thinking JY would be someone who would do those three things. Its a part of the picture, but not meant to say this proves it, by itself.

However, the PT may hard sell it as you say. We'll know tomorrow!

Personally, I don't believe that it has been proven that the child was drugged or that she was cleaned up. There are known, recent cases where a child was left alive after a mother was murdered by a stranger. It will be interesting to see how far the prosecution will try to go with the testimony of the daycare worker. There may also be some people/jurors that don't view the daycare worker as qualified to report observations in child behavior ... and we have to simply believe that no one said anything to he child about the murder, that she didn't overhear anything, between the time of the murder and the episode at the daycare.

He has a water bottle in his left hand, also in his left hand - the paper & gloves.
His right hand appears to be in his right pocket, MOO.

There is a chest stripe on the garment.

bbm Could this be the mysterious Deer Park water bottle??? Did he buy it at the HI, and *does it have a HI price tag on it*?:dunno:

The :eek: mysterious water bottle....:shush:

borndem, VIP honors guest like Jay get free water when they check in :D

187262-Image38-640x480.jpg

She said she saw the interior lights on and the exact description of the van.
I am suggesting she may have seen a vehicle at the next house, closer to Blue Sage....if she saw one at all.

Fair enough. FWIW, neither of those driveways closer to Blue Sage have lights at the street as she described.

Fair enough. FWIW, neither of those driveways closer to Blue Sage have lights at the street as she described.

Like I said, her story was off....way off...IMO
Saying she saw the driver's ring shining?
Are you kidding me?

I have the feeling this postal clerk will be sweating big time when she takes the stand again.

There are many remarks that the elderly, educational, female figure toy wearing pink looks like a man. I beg to differ.

No snark - but I don't understand the ongoing argument about this subject. It's subjective. You think the doll looks like a woman. Personally I think the doll looks more like a man than a woman, and I think it bears a passing resemblance to JY.

Just for fun, I showed my 9 year old son the picture from the trial that was previously posted and asked if it was a woman or man doll, and he said "that's a man." Then I showed him the other picture of the doll that was posted in this thread and asked if he thought it could possibly be a woman, and he said: "It still looks like a guy to me. Do you think it's a cross-dresser? It sure doesn't look like a lady." He knows nothing about the case, so I consider him a pretty unbiased source.

Sorry - I do have a point with all this. The doll might look like a woman to some or even most people, but obviously there are at least some people who think it looks like a man - including grown-ups and at least one older child (my son) - all of whom should theoretically be as good if not better than CY at recognizing the gender of a doll. CY was not even 3 years old at the time. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that she either mistook the toy for a man or randomly chose one of the two remaining human-like dolls to represent the attacker. And I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that some or all of the jurors will have the same line of thinking.

Capture-36.jpg

Said she saw the news van on Blue Sage - the same moment she saw the vehicle.
If she saw it at all, it was the house up from 5108 Birchleaf.

Again, makes no sense to me.

She did not testify that "at the same moment" she saw the other other vehicle she stated that she did see another vehicle right after parked immediately to her right on Blue Sage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justiceskrs