State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like solid police work, checking all angles and possibilities. They found that the Lexus theory did not pan out but did find that the medicine dropper did. I would be upset had they not checked out all leads and even theories that they had in not just this case, but any case.

I agree, had they not done it, we would be asking why.

No. LE never thought to test her until it was too late.

However, they did test the dropper. It had adult Tylenol and Pancof PD in it and CY's DNA on it.

I get this, but there is no proof it was used the night of the murder, and we have evidence that she was awake both during, and afterwards.

There is circumstantial evidence (the adult Tylenol, the Pancof PD, and the dropper with no fingerprints in her bedroom found on Friday, Nov. 3rd) and there is direct evidence (CY's DNA on the medicine dropper and lab results showed that the adult medicine and Pancof PD was in the dropper).

What do you need other than this that she was drugged that night?

Yep. Great point! We know she took the med (dna), so how incriminating is it that there's nothing on the drooper? To me, the lack of evidence in this case needs to be looked at as evidence... I hope they get that in the jury's head.... They are probably so overwhelmed right now!

Cammy,
Can you give me a scenario where someone else had access to Pancof PD, where there is CY's DNA on the dropper yet no fingerprints to show who gave her the medicine, her mom winds up brutally beaten that night, and her aunt is called 3 times to get over there and pick up a printout of a purse that was no longer for sale for an anniversary that about a month late from a husband who spent his anniversary weekend with another woman?

Please help me understand your point of view.

2 sets of shoes= 2 people
Cars being seen at different times at the home

Do you have any idea why the courtroom is not more crowded?

It seems the first trial had more people in attendance.

No idea. I'll admit I was surprised when I walked in and saw how few people were there. I was in a row with only two other people, 4 people behind me in the back row. I suspect we'll see more people in the courtroom later in the week when the defense presents its case, as people will want to be there in case JLY testifies again. And I expect closing arguments to be pretty crowded.

If someone like SS or MF can remember if they saw those meds in CY's room (or not) the last time they were in the house before the murder, that would help narrow things down. SS is the friend who was there up until a few hours before MY was murdered. However, I don't recall if she went into CY's room or not (I'm thinking not).

MF would know if those are meds that MY would have given CY because she was CY's nanny until CY started going to daycare.

If it's not something MY would do or was ever known to do, then one has to wonder why those meds were in CY's room that day.

I get this, but there is no proof it was used the night of the murder, and we have evidence that she was awake both during, and afterwards.

Well, if CY wasn't given the medicine that night and her DNA was found on the dropper and no fingerprints of who gave her the medicne was found on the dropper and she was given a medicine that only JY had access to and it was found in her room the afternoon/evening after her mother was brutally murdered, then that goes into the looooooooooooong list of JY being the unluckiest man that ever walked the face of the earth.

Several injuries were attributed to bare hand injuries. Michelle scratched her own neck while trying to prevent strangulation, yet there are no injuries on Jason's hands. That suggests gloves. The prosecution has presented print evidence on the moulding trim of the closet door and the theory is that the print evidence got there during the attack. That suggests Jason was not wearing gloves. The absence of print/DNA evidence on the medicine suggests gloves. The prosecution theory has Jason putting on and taking off his gloves throughtout the time that he was supposedly in the home.

I see your what you're saying, but we'll still have to agree to disagree... Because to me, it doesn't suggest the gloves were on, then off, then on again... It does, however, suggest he did, in fact, take them off at some point, which is consistent with many theories... JMO

There is absolutely no proof CY was drugged.
She was never tested.
It is one of the theories that LE came up with to explain how she could
be alone so long in the home.
They also issued a search warrant that she was taken from the home in Michelle's Lexus.
Does that make more sense?

It is the job to look at all close family and friends as suspects.Yes, LE took a look at MF as a suspect and guess what she cooperated and talked to them, made her self available to answer questions.

Well, if CY wasn't given the medicine that night and her DNA was found on the dropper and no fingerprints of who gave her the medicne was found on the dropper and she was given a medicine that only JY had access to and it was found in her room the afternoon/evening after her mother was brutally murdered, then that goes into the looooooooooooong list of JY being the unluckiest man that ever walked the face of the earth.

I agree with Madeline that further testimony would be beneficial on this point. However, not everything you touch is going to have your fingerprints left on it. It's entirely possible that it was used, and a fingerprint was not left, or one was left, and it wasn't recovered.

And I think it's difficult to say she was given a medicine "only JY had access to."

G J, that is what criminal defense attorney's are paid to do.
They use sleaze tactics if needed.,...it's part of their job.
Their whole focus is to get their client to beat the rap, anyway they can.

So true. Red herrings, finding ways to make the victim or the victim's family have culpability in some ways.

It is the job to look at all close family and friends as suspects.Yes, LE took a look at MF as a suspect and guess what she cooperated and talked to them, made her self available to answer questions.

Took a polygraph as well, I was told. Although that is not something that can be used at trial. But it does indicate she was looked at by LE in the beginning.

I agree with Madeline that further testimony would be beneficial on this point. However, not everything you touch is going to have your fingerprints left on it. It's entirely possible that it was used, and a fingerprint was not left, or one was left, and it wasn't recovered.

And I think it's difficult to say she was given a medicine "only JY had access to."

Who else had access to this prescribed medicine that CY was never prescribed?

Seriously, where else do you reasonably believe it came from?

Who else had access to this prescribed medicine that CY was never prescribed?

Seriously, where else do you reasonably believe it came from?

I'm not saying JY didn't bring it home. I just don't think you can reasonably say "only JY had access to it." But IF he did bring it home, there's no proof it was used on the night of the murder.

The jury can infer that CY might have been given something that night. She didn't have a cold, she wasn't an adult, and one of the meds was a narcotic that absolutely would not be given to a toddler under any normal set of circumstances. The Tylenol Blast can be argued away I suppose, but that Pancof narcotic is really strange. Both were found inside the dropper.

Of the possible people to give it to her, there's her mother (who I don't believe did or would), there's her father, there's the perp who murdered MY, there's visitors to the house (MF or SS or someone else?).

This case seems so staight forward to me. I cannot see JY as anything but guilty.

It is true that not all adulterers commit murder; however, most men who murder their wives have also committed adultery.

If anyone wants me to change my mind at this point, he/she is going to have to answer the following questions I have. And for the record, I don't think the questions can be reasonably answered.

It has been said that the security camera didn't show JY unplugging it or shoving it up; however, the security camera didn't show anyone unplugging it or shoving it up. That leaves the question, who was staying in the HI on Nov. 2, 2006 who needed the security camera unplugged at 11:20 pm and shoved up towards the ceiling at 6:35am the next morning?

Why was JY's shirt that he was seen wearing on the security camera at the front desk at midnight not in his luggage or in his vehicle the next evening? Clothing does not just disappear without a reason, and I cannot think of a logical reason for the shirt to be missing other than he threw it away.

How did a pair of Hush Puppy shoes with a unique sole just happen to be found in blood at the crime scene? A pair of HP with a unique sole that JY just happened to have owned.

Why would a man staying at the HI on the 4th floor leave his valuables unsecured twice to go downstairs because he worried about disturbing his neighbors by shutting his room door?

Why would a man go downstairs twice and prop open an exit door because that was more convenient than carrying his keycard with him?

Why was there no forced entry into the home?

Why was a pregnant woman beaten 30 times to her and her unborn son's death, yet her 2 1/2 year old daughter who witnessed part of the crime was cleaned up, cared for, and left alive?

Why was Michelle's purse that was sitting out in the open not stolen, but a wallet with $500 in it that was hidden in JY's closet was stolen?

Why was JY's closet gone through, but Michelle's was left untouched?

Why was the house not ransacked?

Why didn't the dog that stayed in the house go after the "stranger" who murdered Michelle?

Why does the timeline of JY stopping at Four Brothers in King fit perfectly?

Why did no cameras record JY going towards the breakfast area on Friday morning?

Why was the last person JY talked to before the murder and the second person (behind trying to reach his mom) he talked to after the murder MM?

Why did JY print off the MapQuest directions and the Coach purse from Ebay at around the same time and remembered to get one but forgot the other?

Why was JY so persistent about getting MF over to his house to pick up the Coach purse printout? He called twice and left messages, and he had his mom call once and leave a message.

Why didn't JY answer his MIL's 4 phone calls within the space of an hour when cell phone records show that he retrieved the two messages she left him? Why didn't he return those calls?

When JY arrived at his mother's home and his stepfather gave him the news about Michelle's death, why did JY fall "plumb to his knees?" No surprise, no denial, no insisting that they must have gotten the news wrong. Just immediate acceptance. Remember that when LF found out, she was so shocked she couldn't even cry because she couldn't accept it yet.

Why didn't JY help LE at all even with his lawyer present?

Why didn't JY take a polygraph exam to clear himself with LE? MF did.

Why didn't JY show up for the WDS?

Why didn't JY keep custody of his daughter and allow MF and LF visitation?

Why didn't JY ever offer an award leading to the arrest of conviction of Michelle's killer(s)? Her place of employment did 9 months later; I guess they figured JY wasn't ever going to.

Why did JY testify that he was working on his marriage when in fact he was having two affairs?

This is an open and shut case for me. JY has done everything in his power to make himself look guilty.

Capture-42.jpg

Thank you JTF!

I just have to say, it seems in cases like this that some people willfully take a side and go to amazing logic-defying machinations to argue; like willful denial of the obvious. After today's testimony, there are now 2 irrefutable facts about this crime that point to Jason Young's guilt.

1. Someonewearing a pair of shoes that match a model of which only 195 pairs were made in the worldwas in that house when Michelle Young's blood was shed. It's been proven that Jason Young purchased one of these 195 pairs of shoes and he claims they were donated to Goodwill. Think about the odds of this being a coincidence. Unless you are Bryan Collins, Esquire, a pair of size 12 Hush Puppy Orbitals left that print.

2. Whether Cassidy Young was drugged or not (I cannot believe I even have to offer that remote possibility, but okay) someoneleft that medicine in her room with her DNA on the dropper. Do you honestlysuggest that this might not be connected to the crime? I.e., that any other day of Cassidy Young's 2.5 years (at the time), you might expect to see adult strength medicine in her room, including drops on her furniture? This medicine is one that Jason Young was required to know in his former position as a pharma sales rep. Another piece of evidence that speaks volumes here.

I'm not saying JY didn't bring it home. I just don't think you can reasonably say "only JY had access to it." But IF he did bring it home, there's no proof it was used on the night of the murder.

When I look at the evidence in totality, I think she was given the medicine that night, especially given what she saw that night and the circumstances surrounding the dropper.

If I'd been JY, I would have been scared to leave her there awake because a child with her cognitive ability could have picked up the phone and dialed numbers until she got someone on the phone to whom she could have told the whole story. I'm sure whomever she got in touch with would have remembered the call and come forward.

I cannot convince you, but to me it's just the most reasonable explanation that CY's DNA was found on the dropper, a mixture of the adult Tylenol and Pancof PD were found in the dropper, and there are no fingerprints to explain who gave her the medicine. It's fishy, very, very fishy. Just another brick in the wall for me, and that brick wall is getting so high, I have to get out my ladder to see over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther