GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

I hope the sentences run consecutively. What he did to Yeardley warrants his spending decades behind bars. JMO

NBC29 Huguely Trial @NBC29Huguely

#Huguely jury is brought back into courtroom. June Hogshire says they are "ready to proceed into the sentencing phase."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love is the first to testify as a sentencing witness. She is now on the stand in #Huguely trial.

WOW! they waste no time in sentencing!

Sharon Love says in tears that the police informed her that her daughter was killed on morning of May 3, 2010.

1m NBC29 Huguely Trial NBC29 Huguely Trial @NBC29Huguely

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love: "everything is different. Every single day is different."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Asked on psychological impact of Yeardley's death, crying, says she always would imagine her daughter coming into a room "but she never did"

I agree with the talking head on CNN saying she would have liked to have seen felony murder with the underlying aggravated assault.

I suppose the jury foreman wasn't a lady infatuated with the looks of the murderer.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Jury members are wiping away tears during Sharon Loves testimony

Sharon Love talks about holidays after Yeardley's death - "On her birthday, we have friends over to remember her. Christmas is a nightmare."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love says Yeardley did well in school and is sad that everything worked for is gone.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Breaking down Love's mom says, everyday "I'm afraid that I am forgetting little pieces about her.

I don't see any live court room feeds, megan. Just talking (actually a screaming JVM) heads on HLN.

I'm still waiting on her to cut off a guest for a commercial. It's a regular happening these days.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Sharon Love steps off stand - "It never goes away. You just have to pick yourself up & do the best you can. Do the best for Yeardley."

JVM thinks GH's pedigree had something to do with the verdict.

JVM also thinks that we care about her sobriety ...daily

Does this mean that the jury looked at it from a crime of passion viewpoint, or not planned? Do you think him having been drinking all day swayed them in any way?

I do like JVM's comment that people on trial should wear a standard uniform, so jurors less likely to judge on looks

NBC29 Huguely Trial @NBC29Huguely https://twitter.com/#!/NBC29Huguely

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Lexie Love, Yeardley's sister, is now on the stand as a sentencing witness in #Huguely trial.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Tissues are being passed around the #Huguely jury - Huguely keeps his head down but wipes away tears.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Lexie says that when she found out about Yeardley's death she "didn't believe it - went into shock - didn't think it was real"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Lexie breaks down saying "everything" reminds her of her sister. "Her bedroom. We shared a bathroom." Whenever she hears radio, Lexie cries

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Lexie Love: "it creeps up on you and takes you down" "it physically hurts, it's hard to explain it"

Does this mean that the jury looked at it from a crime of passion viewpoint, or not planned? Do you think him having been drinking all day swayed them in any way?

I think they pretty much looked at it like he killed her while driving drunk.

Does anybody know how long this sentencing phase is likely to last? IOW, when are we going to know the sentence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back