GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

NBC29 Huguely Trial @NBC29Huguely

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely prosecutor asks Lexie how it affected her - "tears my heart...nothing you can do but be there for her"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Lexie Love steps of witness stand in #Huguely - "the absolute worst thing that could've happened...happened"

I bet his friends/team mates wish like crazy that they had kept him under control either with them or where they left him. Irresponsible IMO. They had probably teased him all day too on top of his drinking himself stupid.

NOT that it/anything is an excuse for what he did IMO.

JVM is talking out of her azz...she is fired up thinking he "might" get only 4 years. Highly unlikely. Unless the judge is an idiot.

I have not followed this case at all..but I suppose the Jury may have thought if he had been sober, he'd not have commited this crime.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Judge Hogshire is giving #Huguely jury sentencing recommendation guidelines.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

The defense did not call any witnesses in this phase.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely defense did not introduce any witnesses. Chapman approaches jury w/ more in depth explanation of. Sentencing rec guidelines.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely continues to keep his head down as jury is being instructed about sentencing guidelines.

Oooooh the jury makes the sentence?!!!! (meaning they decide how long he serves?)

His leaving her there a bloodied mess sickens me.
Does anyone know if they had retrieved the clothing he was wearing that night? I would think the amount of blood left on him would clearly show the severity of the crime.

wonder how long the jury will take to decide sentencing, they may want to get out of there tonight and get it over with

jury also being told of Huguelys other run in with the law in 09 for resisting arrest

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman tells jury about #Huguely's last run in w/ the law in the Lexington & Rockbridge court - arrested in 2009 for resisting arrest.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman reads parts of letter #Huguely wrote to Love: "alcohol ruined my life", "I'm scared to know I can get to the point where I was"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman to the jury: you can see in the evidence "the horror that she went through" & you know she laid there for a period of at least 2 hrs

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely prosecution: "Somebody's little girl didn't wake up, and it was the result of criminal behavior."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman says between the two charges he's found guilty of #Huguely is facing a max of 60 years. He'd be 84 when he got out.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman speaks to #Huguely jury: "he can get through the rest of his life knowing where his family is and what they are doing"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman says between the two charges he's found guilty of #Huguely is facing a max of 60 years. He'd be 84 when he got out.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman speaks to #Huguely jury: "he can get through the rest of his life knowing where his family is and what they are doing"
I can live with 60 years.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman says to jury that #Huguely may have to keep up with family from a penitentiary but "at least he can share" that with them

Close

#Huguely defense attorney now addressing jury - repeats what George said to police "I never should have gone over there that drunk"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman to #Huguely jury: "it is for you now in your collective wisdom to determine what will happen to Mr. Huguely"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana continues about #Huguely's drinking says it " is not an excuse, not a justification, just a fact"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely defense attny Quagliana: "no person is the sum of the worst judgment he has ever made."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely defense attorney Quagliana says letter commonwealth gave as evidence against him shows "seeds of redemption"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana says #Huguely was immersed in sports, sex, alcohol and that he lacked maturity.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana to jury: you have to balance the "loss of life against the reality that no decision you make will bring her back."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana tells #Huguely jury to consider range of punishment - "degrees of accountability, even if actions result in someone's death"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Defense wraps up reminding jury of #Huguely's plea to police: "she's not dead, she's not dead, please tell me she's not dead..."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

The #Huguely jury has been sent back to the room to deliberate on a sentencing recommendation.

jury now off to deliberate sentence, second degree was a great result for the defence and defendant, if 1st degree he would probably never have seen the light of day outside of prison, this verdict gives him a chance to one day be free again and try to make a new life for himself,

I can live with 60 years.

I think they will give him much less, it is very sobering for a jury to have the fate of another human being in your hands, and it seems they did believe him over the state as they did not accept the state argument that he intended to kill her

I imagine the range may be closer to 15-20 years, but would not be suprised if it was lower

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman says to jury that #Huguely may have to keep up with family from a penitentiary but "at least he can share" that with them

Close

#Huguely defense attorney now addressing jury - repeats what George said to police "I never should have gone over there that drunk"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Chapman to #Huguely jury: "it is for you now in your collective wisdom to determine what will happen to Mr. Huguely"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana continues about #Huguely's drinking says it " is not an excuse, not a justification, just a fact"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely defense attny Quagliana: "no person is the sum of the worst judgment he has ever made."

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#Huguely defense attorney Quagliana says letter commonwealth gave as evidence against him shows "seeds of redemption"

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana says #Huguely was immersed in sports, sex, alcohol and that he lacked maturity.

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Quagliana to jury: you have to balance the "loss of life against the reality that no decision you make will bring her back."
That's horrible. Of course nothing will bring Yeardley back. A poor excuse for a lighter sentence. IMPO this guy is not just an immature alcoholic...there's something "JVS" about him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back