State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am referring to the Police surveillance video. Yes, he was lucky the cameras were not operating.

I believe when the defense asked why the surveillance video in the store set up by LE was never shown, they said because it was due to the length and not being able to find a time with Gracie.

However, the defense then pointed out they would have had only had to find the same time each day the regular customer came in.

Couldn't they have done that and then sent the tapes somewhere where Gracie could view them?

Makes no sense they would set up surveillance and never use it, unless,
_____________________________________.fill in the blank.

jmo

I just started watching this trial... Missed the first one... Not sure where I stand on this case... There are some things they make me say GUILTY, but then others are like wait a minute NOT guilty!

I can't get passed the size 10 shoe... My hubby wears the same size of shoe as JY and theres no way he can fit his foot in a 10....

Does anyone know what clothes MY had on when her friend left that night?

LOL Mr. Gracielee will dispute that. ;)

:welcome:

I just started watching this trial... Missed the first one... Not sure where I stand on this case... There are some things they make me say GUILTY, but then others are like wait a minute NOT guilty!

I can't get past the size 10 shoe... My hubby wears the same size of shoe as JY and theres no way he can fit his foot in a 10....

Hey Steeler girl, so, we will put you on the fence.......

So which is it, defense team?
Meredith Fisher or some village idiots peeking in from the woods at 10PM?
Guess they drove their white SUV around to front later?

To me that is always the defining point between the State and the defense.

The State has to give specific reasons why it is not reasonable that anyone else committed the crime while the defense can have the Anyone but JY Theory. They can try to paint a picture where the village idiots, unknown serial killer, Mexican mafia, or trailer trash might have killed her.

It will be an interesting week.

We are really becoming an, "I need a videotape of it" kind of world in order to get a conviction these days... If someone ever murders me or one of my loved ones, I certainly hope any eyewitness is extremely credible, has no past indiscretions, a perfect medical history, a perfect memory, no financial problems, has never told a lie, uses the appropriate emotion, recalls every single detail the first time, etc...

I believe when the defense asked why the surveiallance video in the store set up by LE was never shown, they said because it was due to the length and not being able to find a time with Gracie.

However, the defense then pointed out they would have had only had to find the same time each day the regular customer came in?

Couldn't they have done that and then sent the tapes somewhere where Gracie could view them?

Makes no sense they would set up surveillance and never use it, unless,
_____________________________________.
I agree with you. Yes, LE's reason was the length of the tapes. I too see no reason why they could not have just shown her the videos from the morning hours around that time unles.....................................

I can't get past the size 10 shoe... My hubby wears the same size of shoe as JY and theres no way he can fit his foot in a 10....

Hello....just because there are also size 10 prints along with his rare HP size 12, does that make JLY any less guilty?

We are really becoming an, "I need a videotape of it" kind of world in order to get a conviction these days... If someone ever murders me or one of my loved ones, I certainly hope any eyewitness is extremely credible, has no past indiscretions, a perfect medical history, a perfect memory, no financial problems, has never told a lie, uses the appropriate emotion, recalls every single detail the first time, etc...

People don't need a videotape of the crime, but it sure would have been helpful for a eye witness working in a store where there should have been video to begin with........

And, yes, Gracie's description did change over the years.

And, if you are 5 feet and think someone 6 feet is a little taller than you, then, yeah, it creates some confusion and doubt.

jmo

Hey Steeler girl, so, we will put you on the fence.......

Thanks, Cammy ...

I'm learning toward not guilty... PT just didn't impress me... Just left me asking more questions & lots of doubt... I can honestly say if I were on the jury right now I'd be going for not guilty..

And yet much like Gracie, it's Linda Fisher who is deemed the 'meddling MIL' while JLY's whole damn family meddled. I've forgotten, what is this about the 'christmas list'? I still can't stomach going back to view Pat's testimony again. The first time around was bad enough for me. :maddening:

I need to apologize for my meddling statements. I was wrong. :(

The only thing I have a different view on is Mr.G. I've had so many dogs over the years, and I'm troubled by Mr.G's behavior. From listening to the 911 call over and over, Meredith stating that she *heard* Mr.G whimpering or somethng on that order. And that Mr.G simply *appeared* at some point when Meredith was at the front door, exiting with CY per the orders of the sheriff's office on the phone. The only conclusion I can come to regarding Mr.G, since everyone has stated that Mr.G went up to bed on his own, always, and slept on his bed in the master bedroom, is that something Mr.G saw that night terrified him. Usually *strangers* don't terrify family dogs. Strangers result in aggression/protection. What ever he saw/experienced that night scared him badly enough for him to hide and stay away from the upstairs of the house, even after the event was over. All of our dogs, down to everyone of them, would stay with a child. When it was our children, and now the grandchildren, the dogs have always protected the children. Now none of our dogs have been through a 'family trauma', meaning having to make a *choice* between family members. But when it involves *strangers*, the dogs have positioned themselves between *stranger* and the children. That just sticks in my craw as not right, not normal behavior of a dog that is bonded to its family pack.

Great point. And I think Kim was claiming that the dog had been injured during the attack (she claimed in the beginning that the dog was staying with her after the murder). I think she was trying to claim that a stranger had come in and kicked him or some such nonsense.
I know my dogs do bark wildly at strangers. They will "run and hide" when they have been mischievous and we have never, ever spanked them for misbehaving. It's the tone of our voices that brings that behavior out in them. Until they hear a calmer voice, they will stay away from us.

Thanks, Cammy ...

I'm learning toward not guilty... PT just didn't impress me... Just left me asking more questions & lots of doubt... I can honestly say if I were on the jury right now I'd be going for not guilty..

Again, welcome aboard, I look foward to reading your posts.

:)

welcome! i have a son who wears a size 12 shoe, that will put his old size 10 rollerblades on & use for an hour or so doing tricks. when asked if they hurt, he'll say "yeah, but, only while i'm wearing them."

No idea why there was a hung jury, shadow.
The gas stop at 5:27AM lines with his timeline.
1- Based proven MPG, would have needed gas at that time
2- The camera was moved at 6:35AM, close to the time it would have taken to arrive back at hotel.

Just one more of those strange string of coincidences ... someone just happened to buy gas with cash at the same time that Gracie claims she saw, and rang up a receipt for that purchase at the time of the morning that fits the timeline.

Wow. Poor Jason. There are so many coincidences but he did not do it. I know this because he testified "absolutely not" when asked if he murdered his wife.

Of the 100+ that post here, I have seen only one that has stated many times she believes Jason Young is factually innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000