**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swelling from what? 30 blows to someone's head with a long heavy object is going to cause his hands to swell and stay swollen for 7 days?

It might mean your knuckes were red or bruised, and it was 4 days before the NTO.

LE could have ordered the NTO the very first day, the same nite he came back to Raleigh.

They took his SUV the first day, why not order a NTO as well?

Jason didn't run off or go hide in the mountains and make L E come looking for him,
he was right there in Raleigh.

Okay Everybody - knock off the bickering. The rules are:

IF YOU STATE IT AS FACT, YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO BACK IT UP WITH A LINK. If the info came from one of the network shows, you may link to the transcripts.

Otherwise, you need to state it as your opinion. That is the way it works.

Thanks,

Salem

I have been very surprised by Mike Brooks' opinions about this case. He is usually pro-prosecution and LE no matter what the case happens to be.

While I dont particularly care for MB sometimes he does have an extensive record in law enforcement.

He also said he had been to many crimes scenes where the victim or victims were overkilled and the perp turned out to be a stranger.

IMO

Me too, exactly.
I have seen him be very Pros.

These TV talking heads are usually clueless, imo.
I remember that <modsnip> Dr Baden glanced at the autopsy report before he went on the Greta show in 2007. He mistook Dr Clarks lines depicting bruising and stated the murder weapon was probably a flashlight because of knurling patterns. :floorlaugh:

I have been very surprised by Mike Brooks' opinions about this case. He is usually pro-prosecution and LE no matter what the case happens to be.

While I dont particularly care for MB sometimes he does have an extensive record in law enforcement.

He also said he had been to many crimes scenes where the victim or victims were overkilled and the perp turned out to be a stranger.

IMO

How many of those "crime scene" victims had a cheating husband who was in love with another woman, bought $2M life insurance months before her death, was abusive towards the victim leading up to the murder, and wanted out of the marriage ("I'm done")? I would bet virtually none.

ITA none of us can be completely sure. What I do remember was the ME when asked if any of Michelle's injuries could have been done by a bare hand, the ME said he supposed the injury to her mouth could have been done by a fist, and of course the neck injuries from attempted strangulation was done by a hand.
But, the cause of death remains blunt force, which definitely means not done with bare hands, lol. I don't see what kind of marks that would leave on your hands, especially if gloves were worn. Am I right to say the poster stated this was not testimony, if was a FBI guy talking about the case, not in the courtroom, under oath ?

BBM. just reading the part of your post I bolded I could picture her being strangled, scratching her own neck trying to release his hands, then lifting her leg, kicking him in the nuts; he punches her in the mouth, grabs a weapon and goes crazy on her. Justice for Michelle and Rylan.

Ugh. I guess all convicted killers who had no injuries after the time of the murder should be set free immediately.

We do NOT know that the killer hit MY with his hands (that is speculation only).

The ME testified that the first blow could have come from a fist.

Otherwise, why do you think a NTO was ordered for Jason to begin with?

It states that they are looking for injuries he could have sustained.

Otherwise, why do you think a NTO was ordered for Jason to begin with?

It states that they are looking for injuries he could have sustained.

In your post, "could" is the operative word - we do not know that he hit her with a fist - that is speculation only.

The ME said no such thing.
He specifically said he could not determine the order.

The PT speculated the first blow was to her mouth, perhaps from his fist.

<modsnip>, I just remembered that BLACK n BLUE toenail JY had, looked like he may have smashed his blunt object right into his own foot, and that sure didn't clear up in the five days before LE even looked at him for injuries ! <modsnip>

The toe injury was ruled out as any injury from the murder.......

Was MY's glasses missing and did they find them?

Don't think they were missing.
MF said she would take out her contacts and use glasses before she retired for the evening. The ME made no mention of contact lenses in her eyes.

In your post, "could" is the operative word - we do not know that he hit her with a fist - that is speculation only.

This is from the NTO:

"Crime scene indicates possible struggle between victim and perpetrator,which could have resulted in injuries to the perpetrator,
which injuries thereof, may heal or become undetectable with passage
of time"

Dr. Clark said it was possible that one of the blows could have come from a fist.

I don't have the link on the state's testimony regarding the gas mileage, but I do know they presented evidence during the trial to show that it was possible. Also, said that the DT's argument relied on JY's getting lost, but who would believe him??

Thanks anyway. I can't find that link that JTF said he sent. It might have been in Spivey's presentation. I don't believe his getting lost accounted for a lot of miles, maybe 20. I will concede that you might be able to get to King with .6 mpg left in the tank, but the State never shows how he gets to Duffield without buying more gas. And if he did buy gas by paying cash, how in the heck would he be able to figure out how much gas to buy to make things come out to approximately same gas mileage as he gets from Duffield to Burlington. MOO

Exactly.... The QB for the Steelers will wear a glove @ times because he throws better when he does... Why? Because he can grip the ball better.. Race car drivers wear gloves so they can get a solid grip & drive better...

Lol...you just made a verycompelling argument that I had not considered for Jason Young's guilt. Wore glove for better grip while wielding lifehammer tool. Thanks for that, reason #4,000,001 showing Jason Young as the brutal sociopath murderer.

I don't remember if he said this exactly or if it's what I gleaned from it, but that hitting someone with as much force as MY had to be struck with (considering the extent of her injuries) would result in at the very least swollen hands. I don't know if he was taking into consideration the 7 days. I am just relating what I remember he said. No more, no less.

Jason's NTO was ordered 4 days later, not, 7, but why they waited, I do not know.

But, no one has ever said, hinted to, mentioned, or testified to Jason having any marks , cuts or scratches on him.....ever.

Thanks anyway. I can't find that link that JTF said he sent. It might have been in Spivey's presentation. I don't believe his getting lost accounted for a lot of miles, maybe 20. I will concede that you might be able to get to King with .6 mpg left in the tank, but the State never shows how he gets to Duffield without buying more gas. And if he did buy gas by paying cash, how in the heck would he be able to figure out how much gas to buy to make things come out to approximately same gas mileage as he gets from Duffield to Burlington. MOO

WOW.

You are good, Cody!!

JY phone calls.JPG

I was reading one of the affidavits and came across a segment of JY cell phone records to PY.

JY called his mother 28 times the day of the murder, even if the calls were dropped, no signal, etc, what could possibly be so urgent that would possess a man the need to dial and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, and redial, ufffff, that is 28x, just to have his momma call Meredith to pick up ebay papers at his house?

Oh right, he didn&#8217;t want to spoil the wonderful anniversary surprise coach bag he was going to purchase for his wife, ~one month after-the-fact anniversary present. It was most imperative for someone to get those papers before MY could see them, after all JY knew how Michelle loved surprises. . .and of course Meredith and Linda would be pleased, what a thoughtful husband and what a crock of manure. Who believes this stuff? I&#8217;ve got a bridge. . .

How many of those "crime scene" victims had a cheating husband who was in love with another woman, bought $2M life insurance months before her death, was abusive towards the victim leading up to the murder, and wanted out of the marriage ("I'm done")? I would bet virtually none.

And had the cameras at the hotel they checked into on the murder nite, unplugged and then later tilted upward, at the time they would have been returning from being id'd at a gas station? How many coincidences can one man have in a 24 hour period, on the nite his wife was killed ? Guilty, first degree !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2